PDA

View Full Version : [WIP] Anim for school

Llama Juice
October 15th, 2008, 06:38 PM
It's supposed to be an emotion change animation.

T-cbYVBHs5E

Comments/crits/thoughts/flat out hate?

ICEE
October 15th, 2008, 06:47 PM
I like it. It looks pretty natural from what I can see. You could make the antennae droop a bit more when the bus passes him. Since he's an ant (right?) I think the antennae might be the best way to show emotion, along with the arms.

ultama121
October 15th, 2008, 06:48 PM
I feel like the process when he became er... "Down in the Dumps" should have been slower. You should have lowered and raised his head slower, to make him seem more sad.

teh lag
October 15th, 2008, 06:53 PM
I feel like the process when he became er... "Down in the Dumps" should have been slower. You should have lowered and raised his head slower, to make him seem more sad.

Yeah. Change is too fast, looks "forced." More time for transition in general, and more time between the antennae drop and it sitting down.

Llama Juice
October 16th, 2008, 09:09 AM
Yea, I have been slowing it all down pretty much, I wasn't sure if it was still too fast or not, thanks :)

Zeph
October 16th, 2008, 11:58 AM
A bit snappy (fast), but the entire animation is that speed. That vehicle looks like it goes by at 80+ miles per hour. I dont know how you guys think when you do it at your school, but over here, we run our animations much slower so we can critique them easier. I guess what I'm getting at is yes, you're conveying the animation, but it happens soo fast you dont take much time to really explore the emotions he should be feeling.

I see this animation happening in stages. First stage, the guy is antsy (lol pun) while waiting for the cab. Stage two happens when he hears a car. He turns his head to see the vehicle. Stage three, he gets up to flag the cabbie down. He turns towards the cab and raises his arm. Stage four, the cab passes him right up (at this speed of the character I wouldn't mind the cab going by fast). The ant should wait a short while before turning around and dropping his arm. Stage 5 is after that awkward silence where he figures he should probably sit back down. Stage six is after he sits down. Essentially this is where you can put the animation in a position where it can loop indefinitely.

I definitely think you've got the idea down, you just need to work on timing.
[/just woke up rant]

Llama Juice
October 22nd, 2008, 07:04 PM
UfFnDH4fMxA

Looks a LOT better if you go to youtube and "view in high quality"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfFnDH4fMxA

That's what I turned in for a grade.

ultama121
October 22nd, 2008, 07:37 PM
I see a big improvement. You definitely made him seem more sad.

armoman92
October 22nd, 2008, 07:38 PM
i like it but the bug needs some more, um... emotion is the word that comes to mind.

never mind, didnt read ur second post, very nice now.

legionaire45
October 22nd, 2008, 08:07 PM
I personally think it could have used a pause somewhere to make it look like he was contemplating his situation more.

Then again, you're the one who probably knows more then I do since you are taking the class for this xD.

Hope you get a good grade on it.

Llama Juice
October 23rd, 2008, 04:54 PM
Thanks, I'm gunna be putting up another animation within the next few days here (if not tonight...)

Thanks for all the comments / crits.