PDA

View Full Version : [TF2] No Facial Animations

p0lar_bear
October 17th, 2008, 12:01 AM
None of the character models have animated faces for me in TF2. Their eyes will follow me if I bump into them and strafe in front of them, but if I taunt (or more specifically, eat a sandvich), the mouth stays shut.

The only conclusions I can draw are either the game's showing me stuff in too low of an LOD, or that facial animation only works in TF2 if running in DirectX 9.

I've tried running the game in DX9 mode; my video card is shit, so not only do I get a low framerate on the main menu (lolololol), character models are pure white and I can't see if anything's moving.

Is there anything else that would cause this?

Bodzilla
October 17th, 2008, 01:05 AM
well isnt that bizarr, Exactly how the fuck do you nom nom without ze nom nom :(

Your probebly better off posting this in the Tech section P0lar, Most of us TF2 players arnt exactly good with this sort of thing, and as far as i know there isnt an option for that kind of graphical restricting.

Timo
October 17th, 2008, 04:45 AM
I don't get facial animations either, but that's because I run the game on low everything %-D

Sel
October 17th, 2008, 07:29 AM
I don't get facial animations either, but that's because I run the game on low everything %-D

Might be the settings then, so just pump them up a bit and see if they work, and you just cant run them, or if it's something else.

Pooky
October 17th, 2008, 01:32 PM
Faces don't animate if you have model detail set to low. Do you?

Terin
October 17th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Console, r_flex 1. And if that doesn't work, you have to increase the model level/LOD. If it doesn't stay like that when you leave and re-enter the game, create a text file in notepad, with "r_flex 1" (no quotes) in it, and save it as autoexec.cfg in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\ursteamname\team fortress 2\tf\cfg.

p0lar_bear
October 17th, 2008, 10:53 PM
My video settings are 800x600 (1024x768 seems to give my pagefile AIDS or something), High model and tex detail, low shader, simple water, no AA, Trilinear filter, no HDR, all on DirectX 8.1.

I'll try r_flex. I'll also point out that eye whites don't render either; I can see right through them. vOv

e: It worked, thanks.