PDA

View Full Version : Photo Shop Plugins

Stealth
March 9th, 2007, 08:27 AM
Does any one know where I can find a photo shop plugin for making Icons?
I would like to know where please if any one knows.
and does any one know where I can get a plugin that over lays a 3d like mesh over a image?

Reaper Man
March 9th, 2007, 10:32 AM
Google knows.

Stealth
March 9th, 2007, 04:07 PM
Thanks Reaper Man, but that is what I did before and I found one, but it makes black/darkthings transparent, and I don't want that because it makes the icon I make look stupid looking.
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/6620/iconyl5.jpg
the ruins icon is the one I made, and it needs to be on a black background, or it looks wrong.

rossmum
March 9th, 2007, 04:36 PM
Does any one know where I can find a photo shop plugin for making Icons?
Look for one that exports icon files or saves as .ico in PS, then just make a normal image the same size (32x32, 64x64, whatever it is) with a transparent background and work on that - if you don't need the transparency, just colour over it. Once you're done, save it as *.ico (or if you can't find a plugin, *.png and see if renaming to .ico will work... I think it might have done for me once (albeit on an older version of Windows, think it was 95 or ME)

I would like to know where please if any one knows.
gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle

and does any one know where I can get a plugin that over lays a 3d like mesh over a image?
Photoshop can overlay basic shapes like spheres, cylinders, cones, cubes and prisms over an image and then wrap the image to fit the shape by default under filters -> render -> 3D (I think; I hardly ever use that effect). As for an actual custom 3D mesh... doubt it, but look around with Google.

Stealth
March 9th, 2007, 04:55 PM
Look for one that exports icon files or saves as .ico in PS, then just make a normal image the same size (32x32, 64x64, whatever it is) with a transparent background and work on that - if you don't need the transparency, just colour over it. Once you're done, save it as *.ico (or if you can't find a plugin, *.png and see if renaming to .ico will work... I think it might have done for me once (albeit on an older version of Windows, think it was 95 or ME)

Photoshop can overlay basic shapes like spheres, cylinders, cones, cubes and prisms over an image and then wrap the image to fit the shape by default under filters -> render -> 3D (I think; I hardly ever use that effect). As for an actual custom 3D mesh... doubt it, but look around with Google.
thanks, I'll give the .png a try.

Edit | Ok, the renaming the .png file didn't work right, so I did some more searching and found on that works the right way, so I don't need this topic any more.
*Locked*
:lock: