PDA

View Full Version : God gives cash!

Mr Buckshot
March 9th, 2007, 11:31 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/cp/Oddities/070302/K030204AU.html

HOBART, Ind. (AP) - Kevin Russell found out it's not easy trying to cash a check from God. The 21-year-old man was arrested Monday after he tried to cash a check for $50,000 at the Chase Bank in Hobart that was signed "King Savior, King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Servant," Hobart police Detective Jeff White said.
Russell was charged with one count attempted check fraud and one count intimidation, both felonies, and one count resisting law enforcement, a misdemeanor. He could face prison time.
Police were called to the bank after Russell tried to cash the check, which was written on an invalid Bank One check with no imprint, White said. Russell had several other checks with him that were signed the same way but made out in different dollar amounts, including one for $100,000.
Russell struggled with police as they tried to detain him, White said, and then threatened police as they transported him to the Hobart Police Department.
"I've heard about God giving out eternal life, but this is the first time I've heard of him giving out cash," White said.
No court date has been set for Russell. He was being held Wednesday at the Lake County Jail on a $1,000 bond.

rossmum
March 9th, 2007, 11:43 PM
Hahahahaha.

What an idiot.

ExAm
March 10th, 2007, 01:46 AM
Not as idiotic as anyone who would believe Peter Popoff (http://wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Popoff) and his "Divine Transfers".

A divine transfer is a supernatural event. This is not money you're going to make from your job... God is going to supernaturally put money into your account.

rossmum
March 10th, 2007, 02:11 AM
You should've seen the bit they ran on Chaser's War on Everything about late-night Christian TV shows. One guy was actually trying to tell his viewers that a $57 donation to his account would "sponsor" a miracle or some shit. It was hilarious. :XD:

DaneO'Roo
March 10th, 2007, 04:11 AM
Omg Chasers War On Everything Fucking Owns

*edit* caps filter ftw!!

n00b1n8R
March 10th, 2007, 05:04 AM
LOL

chasers is the most wintastic thing ever. i 1st saw it in hospitol (just don't ask.) and the people had to close my door because i was laughing so fucking hard.

i got a lecture the next moring >_< (luckily the nurse had a sense of humor when i explained what the show was about)

here's the show's site. it has vids and such, but non-ausy's may not get all of the humor.
http://www.abc.net.au/tv/chaser/war/

Cortexian
March 10th, 2007, 05:54 PM
Lol The Caps Lock Is Amazing, I Typed This Entire Post In Caps, And Look, God Made It Not Caps!!!!1!1!!!1!1!!one!11!!!11

RaVNzCRoFT
March 10th, 2007, 05:56 PM
K. What.

Hurrvish
March 10th, 2007, 05:58 PM
NO! THERS STILL CAPS ON THE FIRST LETTER OF ALL THE WORDS IN YOUR POAST... TOAST....MMMMMM BUTTER
lol <3 godcash
godcashjoke:
guy: god, how long is a 1 billion years to you?
god: 1 second
guy: god, how much is 10 billion dollars to you?
god: a penny
guy: can i have a penny?
god: in 1 second

rossmum
March 10th, 2007, 06:00 PM
Uh, guys... thread... get back on topic...

Cortexian
March 10th, 2007, 06:02 PM
Oh yea, I tried something of the sort once, Except I used single pasoes instead of Canadian Toonies to buy something, it worked. A pasoe is like 0.56 CAD cents... I won.

n00b1n8R
March 11th, 2007, 12:12 AM
NZ 20c pieces look alot like AUS 20c.

but nobody (except the banks..) care :P

Pooky
March 11th, 2007, 11:25 PM
Not as idiotic as anyone who would believe Peter Popoff (http://wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Popoff) and his "Divine Transfers".

I can't stand self righteous dicks who want to perpetuate their shit like everyone should believe it, and are totally blind to the fact that's they're making complete jackasses of themselves. =|

Hotrod
March 12th, 2007, 10:34 PM
I think that all those people want is attention. They are getting it, but not very positively.

Pred1ator
March 13th, 2007, 07:02 PM
edit: wrong forum how embarassing..