PDA

View Full Version : Yoyorast Island Movie Contest! $200.00 to win!!!

yoyorast
September 27th, 2006, 06:27 PM
Hi, everyone!

For once, I'm not here to talk about Yoyorast Island v2, all I can say is that I'm still working on the model very hard and that it's progressing well.

Let's talk about the Contest!

The goal is to promote Yoyorast Island through some videos... so everyone who likes the map, making movies, or winning some money should participate. :p

There'll be 3 winners selected by our judges composed by me (Yoyorast), TheGhost, Masterz1337, Rams, Phoenix and Beef. Once the contest is closed, each judge will give one point to their 3 prefered movies... in the end there'll be 3 winners:
The 1st place winner wins $120.00, 2nd place wins $50.00 and 3rd place wins $30.00. I will pay the winners by PayPal so you must have or open a PayPal account.

You can record your movie in any video format, but .wmv is prefered, the minimum resolution must be 640x480, and the length between 4 and 5 minutes. You can show the map empty but you also have to show the map with players and great action. Also must show some CTF actions, some Race actions and the diferent spots and strategic places of the map... flying cam is welcome... music is also welcome... but everything is possible, it's up to you and your creativity, but keep in mind the goal is to promote the map and show its qualities (like a teaser for a movie promotion)...

The contest will be closed the October 25, 2006.

Let's go to work guys and may the best of you win the $120.00!

Boo Diddly
September 27th, 2006, 06:32 PM
interesting... i may have to make a paypal acct...

I'm guessing this is for the older version? *obviously since 2.0 isnt out, is it?*

yoyorast
September 27th, 2006, 06:33 PM
sure it's for the old and unique existing version;)

Boo Diddly
September 27th, 2006, 06:34 PM
unique?!? are there 2 ver out there?

yoyorast
September 27th, 2006, 06:36 PM
unique?!? are there 2 ver out there?
no no, that's why i'm saying the old version is unique..

Elite Killa
September 27th, 2006, 06:48 PM
There's going to be a v2 of yoyorast island?:eek:

TheGhost
September 27th, 2006, 06:50 PM
This should be a sweet contest =)

~ZMT~Trace
September 27th, 2006, 07:09 PM
Deathkore Studios is entering this contest!

Deathkore Studies? laff. I would join but I cant film anything with Fraps anymore. :(

Boo Diddly
September 27th, 2006, 07:45 PM
ah, ok yoyorast.

Zeph
September 27th, 2006, 08:14 PM
Silent Photographer Studios will attempt to make an entry.

Elite Killa
September 27th, 2006, 08:22 PM
Silent Photographer Studios will attempt to make an entry.

Good luck! ;)

Nic
September 27th, 2006, 11:22 PM
Noway.

I might try this.

=]

thehoodedsmack
September 28th, 2006, 06:20 AM
Who's got a studio I can join? Otherwise I'll have to make a movie myself...

Rescudo
September 28th, 2006, 07:39 AM
This looks interesting, I'll give it a try. :)

Zeph
September 28th, 2006, 07:45 AM
Haha, I found my theme. I hope that enough in the community will be able to recognize it.

InnerGoat
September 28th, 2006, 08:43 AM
(NAME TO BE DETERMINED) Studios is entering this contest!
Sounds like you guys are serious about this... having a name and all:XD:

On a more serious note- Can we make multiple videos, and can you handle full HD? :):):)

Rescudo
September 28th, 2006, 08:54 AM
I hope they allow full HD. :)

yoyorast
September 28th, 2006, 09:06 AM
I hope they allow full HD. :)

Every resolution is accepted as long as its not under 640x480;)

InnerGoat
September 28th, 2006, 09:20 AM
What about more then 1 video? :o

yoyorast
October 1st, 2006, 09:09 PM
What about more then 1 video? :o

Off course you can:)

Agamemnon
October 1st, 2006, 09:13 PM
Achaean Productions will put something out. ;)

Timo
October 1st, 2006, 10:10 PM
I'll make something crappy IF I can get my computer to record sound >_>

Stealth
October 1st, 2006, 10:21 PM
Dose there have to be any sound from the Game its self?

yoyorast
October 2nd, 2006, 04:11 AM
Dose there have to be any sound from the Game its self?

it'd be better... cause most of the teasers wl have ingame sounds at least at one moment.

MereCatfish
October 2nd, 2006, 03:48 PM
Oooh, I have found one I made a while back. It is evidently old, talking about me running a Yoyorast server, but it r0x nevertheless. :)

Agamemnon
October 2nd, 2006, 04:03 PM
So far I've captured about 30GB of footage. :eek:

Timo
October 3rd, 2006, 04:26 AM
So this movie MUST contain action a CTF Cap, Action and showcase strategic spots of the map for the movie to be judged? :\

rossmum
October 3rd, 2006, 05:19 AM
What about a diary of the day-to-day life of a PL 3 Yoyorast Island addict and all the players they encounter :p Shottie that idea.

Zeph
October 3rd, 2006, 05:31 AM
What about a diary of the day-to-day life of a PL 3 Yoyorast Island addict and all the players they encounter :p Shottie that idea.

:(

How about similar ideas?

rossmum
October 3rd, 2006, 06:46 AM
How similar? If you and Risen are OK with it, we could split the money between us... hell, $40US is fine by me... XD

yoyorast
October 3rd, 2006, 09:43 AM
So this movie MUST contain action a CTF Cap, Action and showcase strategic spots of the map for the movie to be judged? :\

It'd better yes.. cause it's a promo movie of the map.. cause the map stands for CTF and Race.. so if you wanna show something about the gameplay of the map, you have to show the strongest points.. don't know if I'm very clear..

Zeph
October 3rd, 2006, 09:50 AM
It'd better yes.. cause it's a promo movie of the map.. cause the map stands for CTF and Race.. so if you wanna show something about the gameplay of the map, you have to show the strongest points.. don't know if I'm very clear..

:\, I have to disagree with you there. The promo is, well, promotional and is meant to draw and hook the viewer to the video. It's not supposed to be a tech demo or a tutorial is it? Honestly, the hardest part I find about making this video is the requirements. Requirements typically kill creativity. If I were running the contest, I'd have only put up a time-limit.

How similar? If you and Risen are OK with it, we could split the money between us... hell, $40US is fine by me... XD

I'm not sure yet. I was still playing with the idea of it being something like that.

yoyorast
October 3rd, 2006, 10:29 AM
:\, I have to disagree with you there. The promo is, well, promotional and is meant to draw and hook the viewer to the video. It's not supposed to be a tech demo or a tutorial is it? Honestly, the hardest part I find about making this video is the requirements. Requirements typically kill creativity. If I were running the contest, I'd have only put up a time-limit.

You are right man, creativity first... you won't be penalized if you don't show CTF and Race, I'll post an update soon about that issue.

Agamemnon
October 3rd, 2006, 07:12 PM
This would be so much easier if there was actually a full Yoyo game once in awhile and wasn't full of noobs.

Rescudo
October 11th, 2006, 08:20 AM
I love the idea <3

This would be so much easier if there was actually a full Yoyo game once in awhile and wasn't full of noobs.
We should try to organise one... like, for H2V members. Would be fun :)

rossmum
October 11th, 2006, 10:06 AM
As I am currently addicted to DoD, anyone who wants to work with me can gimme a bell on Xfire when they're ready... saves me having to wait around and waste time that could be spent getting owned.

Agamemnon
October 11th, 2006, 06:02 PM
We should try to organise one... like, for H2V members. Would be fun :)
Someone get a dedi running and name a date and a place and I'm in. I've still yet to find a full 16 Yoyo server, let alone the old 24/7 Yoyo server. What did happen to that, btw?

Rescudo
October 13th, 2006, 10:02 AM
MereCatfish didn't want to keep it up anymore, I think. Though my clan is soon buying a new dedicated server hosted by the same company and in the same location... so we can set up a Yoyorast night some time. :)

Agamemnon
October 13th, 2006, 03:07 PM
Sounds good to me. Let me know when it happens.

mined
October 13th, 2006, 03:24 PM
^If its on the weekend, I'd be willing to get owned for a video.

rossmum
October 13th, 2006, 08:56 PM
"WILL GET PWNT FOR $$$"

I need the money and I'd enjoy doing it... but now DoD has killed my chances. For anyone wondering how: Play 60 hours of DoD, then play some Halo. You'll be stumbling around like a drunk, thanks to the huge difference in movement speeds. :(

Rescudo
October 14th, 2006, 05:14 AM
Play 60 hours of Halo and you'll be back to normal. :p

rossmum
October 14th, 2006, 08:45 AM
No thanks. Fanboys suck. Besides, DoD runs better than Halo on the shitbox, no idea how.

Rescudo
October 15th, 2006, 10:21 AM
Hmm. I'm gonna see if they have it on our local "multishop". Oh joy.