PDA

View Full Version : ****ing ants!

Rob Oplawar
October 24th, 2008, 07:38 PM
Fucking a! My kitchen is swarming with ants.

A couple of weeks ago I spotted a few scouts in my kitchen. I hate ants. I fucking hate them. So I immediately killed them, cleaned up obsessively, and bought ant traps which I placed all over my apartment. Since then I've been vacuuming twice a week, and I clean the kitchen pretty much every time I cook something.

I've been anal about keeping my apartment ridiculously clean, and I hadn't seen any ants since then. And now, this. Ants fucking EVERYWHERE.

The only reason I can think of for them to be here is that they're spilling over into my apartment from somewhere else. I'm thinking I should confront my neighbors. What do you guys think?

I FUCKING HATE ANTS!

Snowy
October 24th, 2008, 07:41 PM
Try calling an exterminator?

Rob Oplawar
October 24th, 2008, 07:47 PM
fuck that. Why should I have to pay some ridiculous amount for some "professional" to come in and either tell me i need to move myself and my cat out for a week while my apartment is filled with poison or do exactly the same thing I've already done when it's my neighbors' fault?

Masterz1337
October 24th, 2008, 07:50 PM
FLAME ON!

ICEE
October 24th, 2008, 07:50 PM
vacuum them up. It never fails.

Maniac
October 24th, 2008, 07:57 PM
Buy a pet that eats ants, i suggest an anteater.

legionaire45
October 24th, 2008, 08:01 PM
Buy some cans of compressed air, spray them upside down and have a few hours worth of fun re-enacting Crysis.

Higuy
October 24th, 2008, 08:01 PM
Buy a pet that eats ants, i suggest an anteater.
O yes. Trade your cat for a anteater lol j/k.

thehoodedsmack
October 24th, 2008, 08:05 PM
Violently accuse your neighbours.

Snowy
October 24th, 2008, 09:35 PM
fuck that. Why should I have to pay some ridiculous amount for some "professional" to come in and either tell me i need to move myself and my cat out for a week while my apartment is filled with poison or do exactly the same thing I've already done when it's my neighbors' fault?
well if you can't beat the ants, join em.

legionaire45
October 24th, 2008, 09:45 PM
Set up ant concentration camps and threaten your neighbors with war.

ultama121
October 24th, 2008, 09:50 PM
Learn ant language. http://www.reznikova.net/infotransf.html

Con
October 24th, 2008, 10:38 PM
think you could find where they're coming from and block it off?

n00b1n8R
October 24th, 2008, 10:41 PM
Napalm.

Lots and lots of napalm.

Bodzilla
October 24th, 2008, 10:42 PM
you idiot n00b that never works.

you need head and shoulders!

Hotrod
October 24th, 2008, 11:07 PM
Maybe you should try nuking your apartment?

Seriously, I'd try to figure out where they are coming from, then setting up some traps around that area.

mech
October 24th, 2008, 11:45 PM
Put food on your floor and see where they're coming from, then kill them.

Rob Oplawar
October 25th, 2008, 12:19 AM
I found their source (actually sources). Some are coming from a crack where the carpet meets the tile in the kitchen, on the shared wall with my neighbors.
Others are coming from a crack between the grout and the molding in the bathroom, on the shared wall with my neighbors.

I'ma talk to them about it tomorrow. I'll try and be amiable about it, tho, cause it's possible they're just coming from the walls and the neighbors have nothing to do with it. If that's the case I'll be going to management about it.

Zeph
October 25th, 2008, 12:56 AM
What do you guys think?
talk to the landlord.

NuggetWarmer
October 25th, 2008, 12:58 AM
Pics of the swarm pl0x. This sounds awesome.

Rob Oplawar
October 25th, 2008, 01:15 AM
It's mostly under control now. There were just some dozens of ants milling about aimlessly in my kitchen and bathroom. By now I've squashed most of them by hand, so there is just the occasional scout now.

I know it's not my fault because they were clearly searching, not finding. Ants march in long rows when they're there for a reason.

Like when my family lived in an apartment in California. My youngest brother, about 3 years old at the time, gets into the fridge and goes to town on the apartment as only an unsupervised three year old can (I was to blame; too busy playing videogames to pay close attention to what he was doing). The next day we had rows literally a dozen ants wide marching all over the apartment. Try to imagine a near solid column of ants two inches thick and 15 feet long, and then imagine those rows running along every edge in the kitchen and living room. There were tens of thousands of them, and it only took them one fucking day. It was terrifying.

I think that's where my hatred of ants began.

That or the time in Florida when I accidentally stood on a fire ant hill for a couple of minutes, when the dozens of ants that got onto me seemed to wait and synchronize their attack so they all bit at once.

Kornman00
October 25th, 2008, 05:43 AM
Try calling an exterminator?
No use...they'll be back

was just too tempting :-3

Bodzilla
October 25th, 2008, 06:43 AM
oicwudt

Phobias
October 25th, 2008, 07:32 AM
Do what my neighbour did: follow one all the way back to its nest, then dig up the nest.

Then keep going until the hole is big enough for a swimming pool.

VOILA, no more ants and a new swimming pool.

Rob Oplawar
October 25th, 2008, 12:29 PM
Ok. *Gets out sledgehammer to smash up drywall*
The live in the building. There's not a lot I can do about the nest except put out poison and hope they bring it back to the queen. Which I did. And it looks like it's working, too- there's a row of dead ants lined up straight from one of the poison traps to the gap at the molding where they're coming in. Huzzah.

StankBacon
October 25th, 2008, 01:57 PM
a few months ago there were hundreds of ants in my kitchen.. took alot of squishing and spraying poison to get it under control... never did find what caused them.

also, a long time ago i kept some empty beer bottles in my shelf for some reason.... and one day the entire thing was covered in ants, and i opened up the door where the the bottles were and they were all moldy and had a shitload of ants in there.

fuck ants.

FRain
October 25th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Pics, or it didn't happen.

SnaFuBAR
October 25th, 2008, 02:59 PM
+1 shut up you

what i did was use a wd40 straw and some raid; stuck the straw down the ant hole and sprayed for a minute or so.

Kornman00
October 25th, 2008, 07:47 PM
God save kill the queen!

Bodzilla
October 25th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Liquid nitrogen is the coolest way to take care of ants in the world.

Because i've fucking done it!
when i was a kid we had a doctor who was a friend of teh family and we where swarming with bull ants all over the back yard, one day he rocks up with liquid nitrogen and the fun began.

awesome beyond belief.

FRain
October 25th, 2008, 08:30 PM
Liquid nitrogen is the coolest way to take care of ants in the world.

Because i've fucking done it!
when i was a kid we had a doctor who was a friend of teh family and we where swarming with bull ants all over the back yard, one day he rocks up with liquid nitrogen and the fun began.

awesome beyond belief.
LMAO