PDA

View Full Version : [TF2] what class do you </3 /// HATE!

Bodzilla
October 24th, 2008, 10:22 PM
go poll go~!

thehoodedsmack
October 24th, 2008, 10:23 PM
Pyros...

n00b1n8R
October 24th, 2008, 10:38 PM
Unbiased poll is clearly unbiased.

Also, sniper (closely followed by soldier and pyro).

Bodzilla
October 24th, 2008, 10:42 PM
:p

Syuusuke
October 24th, 2008, 10:50 PM
Where is the love?
Black Eyed Peas
Well I guesswe can infer how much we love we get from the hate...

The last time I played...I hated the demo.

n00b1n8R
October 24th, 2008, 10:53 PM
Who voted medic :S

Somebody has some splaining to do >:U!!

Phobias
October 24th, 2008, 11:00 PM
I mis-read the title as "which class do you <3 hate"

I love playing as medic, but I hate enemy medics because spotting one usually means I have to follow the pyro/heavy/soldier I just buffed to the front-line because he/she is about to get butt-raped by a [class]-medic combo.

I usually go out of my way to bury 200 needles in their eyes.

Botolf
October 25th, 2008, 01:31 AM
Sniper.

:mad::mad:

JunkfoodMan
October 25th, 2008, 06:47 AM
oh god the fucking sniper.
I just hate the way, out of nowhere, i just fucking die. and its his fault.
damnit sniper.

CabooseJr
October 25th, 2008, 06:52 AM
I hate the scout especially when they don't go for the objective and just kill you with one shot with their scattergun.

Bodzilla
October 25th, 2008, 07:23 AM
funny story, this afternoon while playing, i took down phobias after he spawned and had full health with 1 critical shot up close with the scatter gun.

and the best part is.
he was a heavy.

Phobias
October 25th, 2008, 07:28 AM
bitch.

Pope
October 25th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Those Goddamn Engies!

Fuck the sentry gun. Fuck the inability to outrun them. Fuck the engie sitting ontop of it to hide away from my spy stabs. Fuck it!

CN3089
October 25th, 2008, 05:44 PM
This game would be twice as good if they just took the sniper class out.

thehoodedsmack
October 25th, 2008, 05:46 PM
This game would be twice as good if they just took the sniper class out.

I'll bet the Sniper update gets some sort of increased crit rate in exchange for something bull-shitty like ammo :awesome: Thank god for Spies.

n00b1n8R
October 25th, 2008, 06:08 PM
This game would be twice as good if they just took the sniper class out halved the chance of getting a crit.
ftfy.

E: how the hell can more people hate the scout than the soldier :S!!!

CN3089
October 25th, 2008, 06:09 PM
ftfy.

heh, look at dis scrub, he plays on crits servers, heh. http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Emoticons/cool.gif

Bodzilla
October 25th, 2008, 06:59 PM
And i am shocked!

utterly shocked
To have the most whinged about weapon in the game, the crit rocket and the class it carries NOT having a single vote is..... wow.

ODX
October 25th, 2008, 07:17 PM
"DER WHOSE UP FOR SOME MAP WITHOUT WATER?!"
You can guess who I hate the most :|

p0lar_bear
October 26th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Should have made this a multiple-choice poll. :|

Sniper, Demoman, and Soldier, and I want to say Pyro, but I can't because it's my second best class. :3

They all just come out of fucking nowhere and end you in the blink of an eye. You could be in a heated battle, you're about to finally kill the person you've been working down for a bit, and the bam, you go from full health to nothing in an insultingly fast time. Crit rockets, sticky bombs, and headshots. ffffffffffffff

Sel
October 26th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Demoman is the only class I have a problem with.

The fact he can kill you with his sticky bombs from across the map and how theres no way you can easily remove them with anything other than a rocket is pretty fucking gayyyyyyy

Zeph
October 26th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Poll confuses me. Thread title confuses me more.

Bodzilla
October 26th, 2008, 04:28 PM
what class dont you like... no i mean HATE!

Botolf
October 26th, 2008, 04:45 PM
Demoman is the only class I have a problem with.

The fact he can kill you with his sticky bombs from across the map and how theres no way you can easily remove them with anything other than a rocket is pretty fucking gayyyyyyy
Huh?

Your own stickies
Air blast
Any projectile weapon (with few exceptions)
:wtc:

Bodzilla
October 26th, 2008, 04:51 PM
but it's not efficient botwolf to say remove stickies with a scattergun or a pistol is it :p

Sel
October 26th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Huh?

Your own stickies (I'm no hypocrite!)
Air blast (Backburner is for the cool kids)
Any projectile weapon (with few exceptions) (uhhhhhhhhhh no):wtc:

lol

ODX
October 26th, 2008, 05:48 PM
If they didn't make it so demoman could detonate Sticky bombs less than a second after launch, it'd be better. More people would start Demo snipin' >:Ð...snipers hate it when I snipe them back...with stickybombs! I find it ridiculous how far you can shoot them, now I want to change my vote.

CN3089
October 26th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Air blast (Backburner is for the cool kids)backburner is for horrible pyros, hth ~http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Emoticons/awesomegrin.gif>

Botolf
October 26th, 2008, 06:31 PM
lol
"Hypocrite"? Nonsense!

"Cool kids"? Elitism!

"Uuuuh no"? Nonsense and possible elitism!

So you don't bother being creative in dealing with stickies, but you're complaining about it anyways? :smith:

but it's not efficient botwolf to say remove stickies with a scattergun or a pistol is it :p
Efficiency is irrelevent when there's ammunition scattered everywhere. You're not going to waste much clearing a doorway anyways, and it does a service for your team, it's better to have the stickies visible on the floor ahead instead of in a hard-to-see location.

Pooky
October 26th, 2008, 11:08 PM
Demofag. Against a skilled enough Demofag sticky bombs are pretty much impossible to avoid and destroy you in a few hits :|

n00b1n8R
October 27th, 2008, 01:18 AM
What are you talking about? You can clear a doorway with a pistol in 1 clip :S

Bodzilla
October 27th, 2008, 01:37 AM
lets put it this way

your in the middle of a battle, do you stop to clear camping stickies away, knowing that it can take as long as a taunt to move them?
why not just stand still and eat a sandvich

n00b1n8R
October 27th, 2008, 01:49 AM
Or, do you choose to not remove them, get blown to bits by the demoman and sit through the respawn time then spend another 10 seconds getting back to where you were, only to find the demoman has set up again. :downs:

Bodzilla
October 27th, 2008, 01:57 AM
HATE

Botolf
October 27th, 2008, 02:09 AM
lets put it this way

your in the middle of a battle, do you stop to clear camping stickies away, knowing that it can take as long as a taunt to move them?
why not just stand still and eat a sandvich
Option C:

Strafe in circles and keep clearing away stickies in an effort to buy time and let teammates beat the snot out of him.

Who said anything about standing still? :p

Bodzilla
October 27th, 2008, 02:10 AM
U D G I.

n00b1n8R
October 27th, 2008, 02:28 AM
N, U D G I. <:maddowns:>

Timo
October 27th, 2008, 02:32 AM
Just sit back and wait for some other poor sod to run over the stickies, and catch him before he has a chance to setup again %-)

Jelly
October 27th, 2008, 03:14 AM
Demoman is love.

Evil_Monkey
October 27th, 2008, 07:43 AM
I personally love playing as medic or a heavy, but I hate playing as an engineer.

Botolf
October 27th, 2008, 03:16 PM
U D G I.
In English?

Sel
October 27th, 2008, 04:54 PM
You do not get it.

Botolf
October 27th, 2008, 06:54 PM
You do not get it.
Ah.

There should have been a "not" in there :p

Edit: Or maybe he had a contraction in there instead? But who the hell puts those in acronyms? Madness!

ODX
October 27th, 2008, 09:18 PM
...and destroy you in a few hits :|
A few hits? It takes like, 1-2 to take out anyone that isn't a heavy. That is what I hate. Just imagine what his update will be D:
"THE NEW DEMO UPDATE! HOMING GRENADES! Now you can be super cool just shooting a homing grenade in on everyone, boom, insta-kill :cool:"

Also, who voted Heavy? They have to be the easiest guys to take out when they don't have a medic :| At least to me.

Bodzilla
October 28th, 2008, 01:03 AM
Ah.

There should have been a "not" in there :p

Edit: Or maybe he had a contraction in there instead? But who the hell puts those in acronyms? Madness!
N00b G I.

Botolf
October 28th, 2008, 02:20 AM
N00b G I.
As long as we're talking in gibberish,

IDWYIA, S. RYI-TP.

Bodzilla
October 28th, 2008, 04:10 AM
IDGI.

n00b1n8R
October 28th, 2008, 04:14 AM
IT, DGI.

Sel
October 28th, 2008, 07:27 AM
ho's

Pooky
October 28th, 2008, 09:29 AM
A few hits? It takes like, 1-2 to take out anyone that isn't a heavy. That is what I hate. Just imagine what his update will be D:
"THE NEW DEMO UPDATE! HOMING GRENADES! Now you can be super cool just shooting a homing grenade in on everyone, boom, insta-kill :cool:"

Also, who voted Heavy? They have to be the easiest guys to take out when they don't have a medic :| At least to me.

1 if it's a crit testicle :v:

I was trying to be nice though

Sel
October 28th, 2008, 10:49 AM
why the fuck are there more votes for sniper than there are for demo man

you guys are gays

Botolf
October 28th, 2008, 05:10 PM
why the fuck are there more votes for sniper than there are for demo man

you guys are gays
Because it's like Star Wars, you're Alderaan and the Death Star just shows up out of nowhere.

CN3089
October 28th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Because it's like Star Wars, you're Alderaan and the Death Star just shows up out of nowhere.
Alderaan shot first. http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Emoticons/emot-colbert.gif

Botolf
October 28th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Alderaan shot first. http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Emoticons/emot-colbert.gif
Did not. http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Emoticons/emot-colbert.gif

Sel
October 28th, 2008, 08:28 PM
did too

p0lar_bear
November 3rd, 2008, 11:29 PM
Thought that I'd reiterate that demomen piss me right the fuck off.

But really, just in full servers where EVERYONE ON EITHER TEAM DECIDES IT'S THE BEST IDEA EVER TO ROLL DEMOMAN. For fuck's sake, you can't do ANYTHING when you've got five enemy demos spamming stickies everywhere. God forbid you turn a corner, put up a building, or just hide somewhere that seems to be out of reach but not for long when all of a sudden two crit pipebombs fall right next to you and fffffffffFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF:suicide:

Jean-Luc
November 4th, 2008, 12:37 AM
I'm with Polar on this one.

I can't stand those fuckers.
They move too damn fast to hit easily, and they'll destroy you before you can deal out enough damage to take them out. GAH!

n00b1n8R
November 4th, 2008, 02:00 AM
Demomen move too fast?

You best be joking.

Bodzilla
November 4th, 2008, 05:59 AM
isnt the demo as fast as a soldier?

needs to be more of a glass canon, rediculous amounts of damage but can be taken down if played right.

Sel
November 4th, 2008, 07:16 AM
the demoman needs to be as fast as the fucking heavy and have his stickys removed before Ill ever like him.

Terin
November 4th, 2008, 05:30 PM
Demoman's a little slower than the standard movement speed, but it hardly changes anything.

n00b1n8R
November 5th, 2008, 12:26 AM
What the hell is the standard movement speed in tf2 :S

Bodzilla
November 5th, 2008, 03:24 AM
pyro/spy/sniper/ engi

scout and medic is faster

everything else is slower

DOMINATOR
November 5th, 2008, 03:09 PM
demoman is clearly the strongest class in the game. they can get to places almost as fast as scouts get to places as high as soldiers. sticky gun has 8 rounds allowing an ubered demo to take out 3 lvl3 SG's in less than 10 seconds. (sticky gun should only have 4 round clip with 8 max deployed)
only 1 class can regularly kill a good demo (scout)
demoman can deal 1752 damage without reloading (thats not counting crits)
direct hit stickies and pipe bombs do more damage than a direct hit rocket.

Sel
November 5th, 2008, 05:48 PM
you forgot the part where that is a load of bullshit and how the class should be entirely removed from the game!

Botolf
November 5th, 2008, 08:37 PM
you forgot the part where that is a load of bullshit and how the class should be entirely removed from the game!
Yea, that sounds like fun.

Pooky
November 5th, 2008, 10:43 PM

I'm thinking disable air detonation for stickies and impact detonation for grenades, and reduce damage on the crits.

n00b1n8R
November 6th, 2008, 01:06 AM
What the fuck are you people talking about?

It does more damage on a direct hit than a rocket because it requires more aim than a rocket. He can be almost as fast as a scout for a bit of damage and he can't get to places soldier can't unless he uses 2 stickies (which takes him to less than 100 health). Or course he can take out sentrys quickly, he's the fucking demoman.

Removing detonation on impact for grenades is a terrible idea, you'll see even more spam than you do now as aiming will have less importance than it does for even a heavy or soldier. While we're at it, why not nail a "KILL ME I'M DEFENSELESS" sign to his face? That's what you all seem to want after all.

I have never had cause to be this pissed about any class as you all seem to be for the demoman. Get off your little bandwagon and take a look at how he really plays.

He gets less kills per hour than the heavy and pyro (~71), the 4th worse points per hour (barely above the soldier at ~43), the 4th longest lifetime (slightly behind the sniper) the 3rd least assists per hour (only beating the sniper and spy), the grenade launcher deals ~12 % of all damage (behind the minigun, flamethrower and miles behind the rocket) with the stickie launcher doing about 10%, the grenade and stickie launchers do about 60 damage/hit, the grenade launcher gets the 5th most shots critical out of ranged weapons and the stickies get the 8th.

The numbers seem to tell a different story to what your all crying about. :|

PS. I'm not sure how I'd feel about removing mid-air detonation for stickies. It'd be an interesting twist for sure..

Pooky
November 6th, 2008, 01:24 AM
The reason for removing impact detonation on grenades is to make the Demo truly have no direct fire weapons, thus making him more unique in play. With impact detonation, the grenades are basically just rockets with an arc, which is stupid.

n00b1n8R
November 6th, 2008, 01:35 AM
So he'd be totally useless at close quarters and would have to rely on others to protect him at all times?

That's worse than the pre-blutsauger medic. :|

Pooky
November 6th, 2008, 01:36 AM
So he'd be totally useless at close quarters and would have to rely on others to protect him at all times?

What about explosives makes you think 'this guy should be fighting in close quarters"?

n00b1n8R
November 6th, 2008, 02:11 AM
The part where one of those mean ol baddys decides to start trippin up in yo grill.

Bodzilla
November 6th, 2008, 02:38 AM
i dont agree with most of those suggestions, but a max of 8 stickies and only 4 in the barrell makes absolute fuckign sense.

n00b1n8R
November 6th, 2008, 02:53 AM
There already is a max of 8 stickies :downs:

E: ZILLA WHERE IS YOUR DREAMBOATEYNESS

Bodzilla
November 6th, 2008, 03:33 AM
busy being a women and doing house work D:!

parents are away, and if i wasnt soo busy tipping my tea all over the floor i'd be gaming it up y0

Send halp!

DOMINATOR
November 6th, 2008, 03:49 PM
There already is a max of 8 stickies :downs:

max 8 deployed is fine but a clip of 8 is bad...
i got no problem with demos taking out SG's but 3 with 1 uber is ridiculous. only other class that comes close is pyro can get 2 if their semi-close together. all the other classes can only get 1 sg.

JunkfoodMan
November 6th, 2008, 04:19 PM
I hate anything that can kill a scout with one shot.

Pooky
November 6th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Critical hits included, any class can kill a scout in one shot :|

n00b1n8R
November 6th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Scouts can kill scouts with 1 shot. :v:

JunkfoodMan
November 6th, 2008, 05:00 PM

But not every other class. :v:
If there's a scout update next, they better give him a super-bat or something to make him a bit more balanced. I agree with zilla when I say that every update so far has nerfed the scout more and more.

n00b1n8R
November 6th, 2008, 05:39 PM
The thing is, the scout has just as much health as the engy and spy (and the sniper too IIRC). TBH if any class has the reason to bitch, it's the spy (and their life has allways been pretty tough).

Bodzilla
November 6th, 2008, 07:29 PM
but spys has invisibility ;p

Bodzilla
November 6th, 2008, 07:30 PM
protip:

Scouts can kill heavys 1 hit with a crit scattergun :D

i know because i killed phobias like that xD

Sel
November 6th, 2008, 08:13 PM
but spys has invisibility ;p

Which oddly enough does not protect them from projectiles headed their way as they walk through the warzone :|

Agnaiel
November 6th, 2008, 08:54 PM

Wasn't the medic's main purpose to be a medic? As healing, not killing?

And, second to the demo-shouldn't-be-used-in-close-quarters part...

Sel
November 6th, 2008, 09:13 PM
Seriously if youre a gangsta Gay unit like the demo man with fucking dynamite and things that go boom, why the fuck are you able to do well in close quarters :|

thehoodedsmack
November 6th, 2008, 09:19 PM
I get scared when I see lone Medics rushing me. I don't know why...

n00b1n8R
November 7th, 2008, 01:27 AM
Seriously if youre a gangsta Gay unit like the demo man with fucking dynamite and things that go boom, why the fuck are you able to do well in close quarters :|
The engineer is a doctor. He designs things for a living. He has the shotgun (so under-rated) and the almighty wrench (highest crit percentage in the game). He has these so he can defend himself in close quarters.

If you want to totally remove the demoman's capacity to defend himself with his current two weapons, he needs to then have some other form of self defence because that bottle's not going to be much good on it's own.

Seriously, cry some more.

p0lar_bear
November 7th, 2008, 07:22 AM
If I had a dime for every time I got a crit scrumpy bottle to the face, I'd be able to buy a couple people a copy of TF2.

Anyone actually able to play the demoman right would be more than able to defend himself at any range.

JunkfoodMan
November 7th, 2008, 08:04 AM
If I had a dime for everytime I killed somebody with the demoman's bottle, I'd a have a dime.

Sel
November 7th, 2008, 09:36 AM
If I had a dime for every time I drowned myself in my own hyprocisy by playing the demo man, I would have 3 dimes.

n00b1n8R
November 7th, 2008, 03:56 PM
If I had a dime for every time I got a crit scrumpy bottle to the face, I'd be able to buy a couple people a copy of TF2.

Anyone actually able to play the demoman right would be more than able to defend himself at any range.
The point I'm making is that mele is not a good alternative for defence for any class, especially for the demoman (5th most damage out of the mele weapons (knife excluded)).

I'm saying he'd be defenceless if you were to take pooky's suggestions and remove impact detonation on grenades and mid-air explosions on the stickys.

`CaSs!~
November 7th, 2008, 05:36 PM
I hate social studies.

Oh wait....

DOMINATOR
November 7th, 2008, 11:45 PM
The point I'm making is that mele is not a good alternative for defence for any class, especially for the demoman (5th most damage out of the mele weapons (knife excluded)).

I'm saying he'd be defenceless if you were to take pooky's suggestions and remove impact detonation on grenades and mid-air explosions on the stickys.
whats wrong with being defenseless at close range? he is a demoman. he is the only class that can kill his opponent without even looking at them. hell he can place some stickies on a point go back and sit in spawn until cap begins.

n00b1n8R
November 8th, 2008, 12:17 AM
That sounds like tons of fun! :downs:

Skill
November 16th, 2008, 07:03 PM
I hate snipers. They all think this is Counter-Strike and go for the highest score while spies with the intel walk right by them.

n00b1n8R
November 17th, 2008, 01:02 AM
You left out the part where the spy takes our the trash.

Skill
November 17th, 2008, 10:22 AM
In my experience with snipers, scouts kill them more.

I also hate people who whine about the demoman being overpowered. What a bunch of bitchy little girls.

n00b1n8R
November 17th, 2008, 11:21 PM
In my experience with snipers, scouts kill them more.

I also hate people who whine about the demoman being overpowered. What a bunch of bitchy little girls.
Unless it's 2fort, I'd disagree.

Also, <3

Mass
November 26th, 2008, 05:58 PM
soldier, because most people who play demo aren't very good at it.

crit rockets are just D:

Bodzilla
November 27th, 2008, 01:06 AM
Dustbowl, Last stage first Cap, 4 demoman defending.

you try and beat them >_<

n00b1n8R
November 27th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Dustbowl, Last stage first Cap, 4 demoman defending.

you try and beat them >_<
We did beat them. Remember? :downs:

Bodzilla
November 28th, 2008, 12:37 AM
that one time.

you wait till they get 4-6 good demo man that love spamming.

nearly impossible mate.
Theres just far too much spam and shit in the air to get anything Past.

JunkfoodMan
November 28th, 2008, 02:32 PM
Heavies now. If you're a scout and you somewhat get in the sights of a heavy, and that heavy is wielding Natascha, then you're fucked.
Seriously, why make the heavy even STRONGER against scouts!?

n00b1n8R
November 28th, 2008, 05:12 PM
that one time.

you wait till they get 4-6 good demo man that love spamming.

nearly impossible mate.
Theres just far too much spam and shit in the air to get anything Past.
uber + pyro + airblast = safe passage

Heavies now. If you're a scout and you somewhat get in the sights of a heavy, and that heavy is wielding Natascha, then you're fucked.

The only time it's an issue is when you run into one already spinning his barrel, in which case you should have gone another way.

JunkfoodMan
November 28th, 2008, 05:59 PM
The only time it's an issue is when you run into one already spinning his barrel, in which case you should have gone another way.
The issue still stands.
Scouts are now almost useless against heavies. They used to be able to jump all over them bonkin' away at their heads, but now natascha changes everything. The only way to kill a heavy as a scout is long ranged (That is, if the heavy has natashca), afaik. You can't hit-and-run them any more =(

n00b1n8R
November 28th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Fortunately, hardly anybody ever uses natascha.

Skill
November 28th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Natascha sucks unless you're on defense. And as a Scoot player myself, I can say that if you are a short distance away from a Heavy and/or his gun isn't spinning, you can get away alive.

p0lar_bear
November 28th, 2008, 08:08 PM
Fortunately, hardly anybody ever uses natascha.

This.

Nastacha is annoying as all motherfuck, but most people feel that the damage tradeoff is too much for annoying the shit out of retreats and Scouts.

Phobias
November 29th, 2008, 08:31 AM
The only time I ever use Natascha is when playing Gravel pit or Hydro cp. Scout rushes get raped.

The class I lol at the most: Spy
The class I rage at the most: Demo-man. (but only because you never just see 1 on a team, theres always 4-5 of the buggers)
The class I rage while playing the most: Medic
The class I play when I'm pissed off with a sniper/other annoying class: Pyro.

Fucking burn.

Bodzilla
November 29th, 2008, 05:39 PM
uber + pyro + airblast = safe passage

but thats all well and great untill you come up against a few sentrys and another pyro who's good with the air blast :<

n00b1n8R
November 29th, 2008, 06:03 PM
but thats all well and great untill you come up against a few sentrys and another pyro who's good with the air blast :<
Uber gets you past, your pyro should be able trying to airblast the other pyro, and sentry's arn't a pyro's duty anyway.

The only time I ever use Natascha is when playing Gravel pit or Hydro cp. Scout rushes get raped.
What is this "hydro CP" you speak of? :raise: