PDA

View Full Version : Somewhat ridiculous

MetKiller Joe
October 27th, 2008, 08:23 AM
There is construction going on outside of my school. This morning they broke a power line, and the entire school is out. No computers, no lights, no kitchen, nothing. Wi-Fi is on backup in some places, which is why I am able to write this.

After all this, we are not getting school canceled. I know this school can still function, but believe when I say this: I am wearing my winter coat because there is no heat and we will not be provided lunch.

Sel
October 27th, 2008, 08:42 AM
In Canada I'm pretty sure the students can just leave school if the temperature is below 10 degrees Celsius.

Heathen
October 27th, 2008, 10:10 AM
We'd be sent home.

nick3d
October 27th, 2008, 10:37 AM
When i used to go school if there was a power cut then we would have to go home, because it is unsafe to be kept inside of the school without electrics, because no lighting doesnt help because you wont be able to see fuckall, so yeah when i went school they would send you home, i dont know about my college though, they might send us home im not sure :S

Heathen
October 27th, 2008, 11:01 AM
That was a big sentence.

The power at your school must go out a lot.

flibitijibibo
October 27th, 2008, 11:48 AM
Our school has no windows, so they'd probably let us go if we could find our way out. XD

NuggetWarmer
October 27th, 2008, 12:15 PM
I believe you could threaten to sue them for forcing you to be in an unsafe environment, or you could fake an injury because you couldn't see or you were too hungry, so you "passed out." Good luck with the rest of the day.

Heathen
October 27th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Our school has no windows, so they'd probably let us go if we could find our way out. XD

What the fuck.

Zeph
October 27th, 2008, 01:37 PM
As long as we could get some form of lunch and the water was working, we'd always have school.

Sel
October 27th, 2008, 03:18 PM
That was a big sentence.

The power at your school must go out a lot.

loool

Saggy
October 27th, 2008, 03:25 PM
In Canada I'm pretty sure the students can just leave school if the temperature is below 10 degrees Celsius.
What you talking about? That's warmer than a normal winter day where I live, unless you meant to say 10 below zero degrees Celsius. A typical winter day where I live is -15°C. The only way they'll "cancel" school is if it's -30°C or lower, but sometimes they won't cancel though, they just would recommened that we don't go outside.

Sel
October 27th, 2008, 03:26 PM
I meant inside the school.

Saggy
October 27th, 2008, 03:49 PM
I meant inside the school.
Ah, ok.