PDA

View Full Version : [APP] Re-release of Remote Rcon Utility

Aßyll
October 28th, 2008, 06:17 PM
I got ahold of some old remote console utility from a friend who wanted it to work, and we decided the public needed it.

Now, admins can be able to control their dedi server while not ingame! (Again!)

(I also claim no credit for this beyond pulling it out of the attic and brushing off dust - aka fixing it to work for haloCEded.exe. Everything else about how it works is ALL thanks to its original author: tHe_cLeanER)

About anything you need to know is in the Readme, which comes in the .rar file right... here (http://abyll.game-host.org/downloads/Remote_Rcon_server+client.rar).

StankBacon
October 28th, 2008, 06:23 PM
you should note that this only works on home dedis, which in most cases is completely useless.

007useless
October 28th, 2008, 07:49 PM
Lol

Cortexian
October 28th, 2008, 08:09 PM
you should note that this only works on home dedis, which in most cases is completely useless.
Yea, at the moment it's pointless for anyone running a paid dedicated server. Unless you have a real dedicated server, a.k.a Remote Desktop.

Aßyll
October 28th, 2008, 09:37 PM
Yeah sorry.. after thinking on it, I suppose there isn't a way to make it work on a gameservers server.

(I Do have a home dedi, and it works okay enough for me.... :'( )

supersniper
February 16th, 2009, 12:46 AM
... anyone still have this, I'm to stupid to hex edit it Abyll...

Aßyll
February 16th, 2009, 08:30 PM
heheh, apparently when I shifted my webserver around, that file fell out of the folder... So I put it back in.

supersniper
February 16th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Abyll, you did it again.
thanks.

Crenshaw
January 11th, 2013, 08:05 AM
where can i get this as it not available again.

Btcc22
January 11th, 2013, 02:37 PM
where can i get this as it not available again.

This was released before 1.09 so it probably wouldn't work anyway. Then there's the question of whether it'd play nicely with SAPP.

Cortexian
January 11th, 2013, 04:54 PM
I believe sehe was going to add something like this to SAPP soon anyway.

We had it working using Skylines server application for the Modacity and Lancers Edge servers for awhile, unfortunately that server app was fairly unstable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BToTy1QZjs

Crenshaw
March 12th, 2013, 04:10 AM
oh well it was worth a try... so do any of youguys know of any in existence?

supersniper
March 15th, 2013, 08:59 AM
I still have this program, I can upload it for you if you want?

Crenshaw
March 21st, 2013, 06:40 AM
Thank you for your responses guys @supersniper, yes can you plz link my to a mediafire or dropbox download.