PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] Lack of support?

Pooky
October 29th, 2008, 10:44 AM
I've been playing Halo 3 a fair bit now, and I noticed that even though I have over 20 EXP, I still don't have the UNSC Spartan achievement. So I looked un Bungie.net only to find that a ton of people are missing achievements in Halo 3, and this has been going on since JANUARY with absolutely no reply or acknowledgement of any kind from Bungie.

If this is the kind of support Bungie is going to show for their products, I don't think they deserve any more of my money.

Source. (http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=16992007&postRepeater1-p=1)

Zeph
October 29th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Well, Bungie is only the developer. You should push the problem to Xbox Live. They're the ones who handle all the Live related things.

Pooky
October 29th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Well, it's a problem for Bungie because the achievements are linked to unlockable armor which people aren't getting. Several of the people in that thread contacted Xbox Live only to be told that nothing would ever be done.

Zeph
October 29th, 2008, 02:24 PM
No, not really. Bungie is the one that provides the content. XBL is the one who provides the service for you to play. XBL is the one that keeps track of everything you're talking about. They own the servers that house the databases that give out your achievements.

Just keep complaining and elevating your dispute until you get to the top of the chain.

jngrow
November 1st, 2008, 03:08 AM
They've acknowledged it before, said they were working on it. This was a really long time ago however, iunno if they just forgot about it or what.

DarkHalo003
November 5th, 2008, 04:14 PM
I believe there was an update on this recently. Like jngrow said, Bungie was looking into it.

Heathen
November 5th, 2008, 04:30 PM
I have 1000 gamerscore and no katana.

Sever
November 6th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Do you have 49 achievements? You need 49 achievements AND 1000 gamerscore to unlock the Katana and the Security helmet.

Pooky
November 6th, 2008, 01:03 PM
They've acknowledged it before, said they were working on it. This was a really long time ago however, iunno if they just forgot about it or what.

Link? Source?

Zeph
November 6th, 2008, 01:28 PM

That's a standard response whether a company is looking into it or not.

PlasbianX
November 9th, 2008, 08:22 AM
I have 1000 gamerscore and no katana.

Make sure its the original 49 achievements and 1000 gamescore. The new ones don't count towards the katana.

EDIT:

Yeah. You only have 43 achievements for halo 3, some of those being the ones from the latest update. For the katana you need:

-Maybe Next Time Buddy
Boarded the same vehicle within 10 seconds after being boarded in any free for all playlist.
-Mongoose Mowdown
Splattered an enemy with the mongoose in a ranked free for all playlist.
-Two for One
Scored a Double Kill with a single spartan laser shot in a ranked free for all playlist.
-Steppin' Razor
Scored a Triple Kill with the sword in a ranked free for all playlist.
-Overkill
Killed 4 enemies within 4 seconds of one another in a ranked free for all playlist.
-Killing Frenzy
Killed 10 enemies without dying in any ranked free for all playlist.
-Orpheus
Earned over 15,000 points in the Campaign meta-game on the eighth mission.
-Reclaimer
Earned over 15,000 points in the Campaign meta-game on the final mission.

Those are the last ones you need for the original 49 to get the katana.

Sever
November 9th, 2008, 10:47 AM
No, Plas, the new ones DO count towards the Katana. I don't have Two For One, but I still have the Katana. As I said before, you need not only 1000 Gamerscore, but also 49 total Achievements.

Syuusuke
November 9th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Just try it.

IF you don't get it then you should keep complaining. :(