PDA

View Full Version : 512 Meg Xbox 360 memory card

legionaire45
March 10th, 2007, 11:02 PM
Come-on, no 100+ gig HDD released yet? xD (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox360memoryunit512mb/)

Corgy
March 10th, 2007, 11:59 PM
Hopefully this means bigger arcade games.

Not likely though.

legionaire45
March 11th, 2007, 12:40 AM
Meh, its possible that they would. I think in the end it is up to the devs as to how big they want their games to be in the end though.

Corgy
March 11th, 2007, 01:13 AM
Uh, what? There's a 50MB limit on arcade games because memory cards are only 64MB.

TheGhost
March 11th, 2007, 01:14 AM
Man... I just got the 64 MB one...

But can't you just load your gamer profile on another XBox and download the games to that box?

legionaire45
March 11th, 2007, 01:45 AM
Uh, what? There's a 50MB limit on arcade games because memory cards are only 64MB.

oh. meh, haven't heard about that.

Corgy
March 11th, 2007, 01:52 AM
Man... I just got the 64 MB one...

But can't you just load your gamer profile on another XBox and download the games to that box?
I think the limit is because Microsoft doesn't want to shut out people with cores who only have a memory card. :rolleyes:

legionaire45
March 11th, 2007, 03:04 AM
I think the limit is because Microsoft doesn't want to shut out people with cores who only have a memory card. :rolleyes:

Meh, MS should just leave the final file size up to the develops. It would probably push sales for the HD/Premium package anyway. Hell, they could even make it so that there are two version of a given arcade game, an "HD" version that goes under the File Size limit and then an " HD HD" version that has a bigger file size.

Heres a question, Can people with mem cards download XNA games? Also, does MS impose a file size limit on XNA games?

MereCatfish
March 11th, 2007, 03:22 AM
Meh, MS should just leave the final file size up to the develops. It would probably push sales for the HD/Premium package anyway.

And the reason MS wouldn't do that is because the internet explodes whenever they think about something that would force someone to upgrade to something else.

Mr Buckshot
March 11th, 2007, 12:05 PM
They give us big memory cards, but where's the ability to actually SAVE data to USB keys and SD cards/memory sticks? The PS3 allows that...

Proprietary memory cards fail tbh.

Pooky
March 11th, 2007, 11:37 PM

Why would anyone buy a fucking core? By the time you've bought everything you need to actually PLAY games, you'll have spent more than you would have buying the REAL 360.

Corgy
March 11th, 2007, 11:59 PM
I don't know, but the fact of the matter is that some people do, and they don't buy hard drives.

Hint: Maybe they're not that clued up on technology...

legionaire45
March 12th, 2007, 09:44 PM
I don't know, but the fact of the matter is that some people do, and they don't buy hard drives.

Hint: Maybe they're not that clued up on technology...

I really dont see why anyone in their right mind would buy a core unless they were so poor that they honestly couldn't afford the $100 difference. In which case I don't imagine that they could afford a 360 in the first place. Besides the fact that the premium overall is a much better value, at least when comparing to the price of individual accessories that are included with the premium. The hard drive alone is $100, and the wireless controller is $30-40 depending on where you get it Throw in the $20 headset, The $40 HD cable, etc. and you really are screwing yourself over on the Core. Even if you dont need the HDD it is still a good idea in case you want to use Live in the future instead of paying the $100 for the HDD and less accessories.

Anyone have any idea on when the 100-ish gig drive is coming out?

Hotrod
March 13th, 2007, 11:47 AM
Has the 100-ish Gig drive been announced? I haven't heard of it being officially announced yet. My friend got a Core pack, but only because there wasn't any Premiums left. It would have been better to wait, but it's his loss.

legionaire45
March 13th, 2007, 08:13 PM
Has the 100-ish Gig drive been announced? I haven't heard of it being officially announced yet. My friend got a Core pack, but only because there wasn't any Premiums left. It would have been better to wait, but it's his loss.

I remember reading something on the inq or engadget about the new drives, but officially Microsoft hasn't "announced" it yet. Its just leaked information.

I_Am_Error117
March 16th, 2007, 07:26 PM
You do Know they are working on a 360 revision with larger Hd(maybe) and HDMI? This might not be released by Ms as the pics were leaked, and of a proto.

legionaire45
March 16th, 2007, 11:04 PM
You do Know they are working on a 360 revision with larger Hd(maybe) and HDMI? This might not be released by Ms as the pics were leaked, and of a proto.
...did you read the thread? Or my last post?

Hotrod
March 16th, 2007, 11:13 PM
The HDMI version of the 360 was just testing to see if it worked. They never actually decided if they were going to release it.

legionaire45
March 17th, 2007, 02:20 AM
The HDMI version of the 360 was just testing to see if it worked. They never actually decided if they were going to release it.

I hope they do because no one has any dev kits for sale on ebay and they look like hawtsecks. I wanna black 360....

Hotrod
March 17th, 2007, 11:14 PM
I want a black 360 too, they look so cool. But the chances of me getting a black one are pretty low...