PDA

View Full Version : [WIP] BobtheGreat's Knife... Thing

BobtheGreatII
November 2nd, 2008, 05:50 PM
Old model... I plan on redoing a lot of it if not all of it... but here's this:

http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/2692/knifeww4.png

Advancebo
November 2nd, 2008, 05:52 PM
CHANINSAW DAGGER!!! wheres the power supply?

BobtheGreatII
November 2nd, 2008, 05:53 PM
2 AA in the handle... dur.

FRain
November 2nd, 2008, 05:55 PM
I was going to do a ninja-star knife, but I'll look like a copycat if I did.

Disaster
November 2nd, 2008, 05:55 PM
damn, you took my idea, I was in the process of drawing it D:

I'm going to make something more creative.

Chainsy
November 2nd, 2008, 06:04 PM
The only problem I see is that since it now is a chainsaw it takes away one of the most lethal things in a dagger, its ability to stab. Chainsaws can easily get caught in thread and other things, and a AA battery will not fuel that beast for long, though I guess it would be like a last ditch defense weapon with like 3 swipes. Also another problem is storage, it can snag things really easily with those little blades.

Sel
November 2nd, 2008, 06:10 PM
oh first thing I saw was a face on blade lol.

thehoodedsmack
November 2nd, 2008, 06:12 PM
There's a lack of Space Marines attached to the handle...

Looks dope.

SnaFuBAR
November 3rd, 2008, 04:33 AM
this is an old model/idea, do something new, because this competition is based on what you can come up with in a week. I have no idea how long you had to conceptualize or model that, so it's no good for my competitions.

Heathen
November 3rd, 2008, 06:56 AM
Bad

Ass

BobtheGreatII
November 3rd, 2008, 12:46 PM
this is an old model/idea, do something new, because this competition is based on what you can come up with in a week. I have no idea how long you had to conceptualize or model that, so it's no good for my competitions.

But what you seem to fail to understand is, that it will look nothing like this. All I'm gonna use is the chainsaw idea... is that still ok? I refuse to use that model, or any part of it because it looks like crap. So excuse me, but wait until I actually get my different idea up.

BobtheGreatII
November 4th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Ok... well after talking to Snaf, I guess there might be a chance I can stay in this... Anyway, here's the new knife concept of mine:
http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/5628/knifeov8.png

Rentafence
November 4th, 2008, 06:59 PM
That's gonna be a knife smaller than a machete? Brutal.

mech
November 4th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Nice watermark, foiled my stealing plan.

Also, what the fuck?

BobtheGreatII
November 4th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Nice watermark, foiled my stealing plan.

Also, what the fuck?

:confused2:

Corndogman
November 4th, 2008, 09:06 PM
Okay so, now it can be used as a regular blade, but when you pull the trigger it spins like a chainsaw?

Geo
November 4th, 2008, 09:09 PM
Looks dangerous. Make sure to include a warning label saying that children under 3 years of age can't use it.

BobtheGreatII
November 4th, 2008, 09:23 PM
Okay so, now it can be used as a regular blade, but when you pull the trigger it spins like a chainsaw?

Well... I suppose you can just sort of hack at your enemy's while the blade isn't spinning... :lol:

Looks dangerous. Make sure to include a warning label saying that children under 3 years of age can't use it.

I was actually considering throwing on a "Keep Limbs And Fingers Away" type of thing on there...

BobtheGreatII
November 6th, 2008, 12:35 AM
Double Post for updates:

Model as of right now:
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/7821/modelsofarrk2.png

Chainsy
November 6th, 2008, 06:53 AM
The battery taped on looks like it would be uncomfortable to hold and hard to slip your hand around it quickly in a sticky situation, but other then that, looks good.

Heathen
November 6th, 2008, 07:04 AM
Looks cool.

ExAm
November 6th, 2008, 12:22 PM
The battery taped on looks like it would be uncomfortable to hold and hard to slip your hand around it quickly in a sticky situation, but other then that, looks good.
Irrelevant. It is awesome and that is all that counts.

BobtheGreatII
November 6th, 2008, 12:57 PM
^ha ha thanks.

I would also like to note (after talking to my dad) that the battery is a super futuristic battery. Thus making it capable of spinning a chainsaw blade at high speeds. : /

Parts I think still need work, would include the indent in the blade part... it has silly angles to it, I didn't give it much thought.

Also note that I flipped the blade upside down, I realized the chain would actually be defying physics.

That's all for now.

ExAm
November 6th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Also note that I flipped the blade upside down, I realized the chain would actually be defying physics.Not if it runs in a grooved track it wouldn't.

BobtheGreatII
November 6th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Well ok, Guess I'll just ask... does it look better the way I had it in the concept art, or how it looks on the model?

ICEE
November 6th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Double Post for updates:

Model as of right now:
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/7821/modelsofarrk2.png
K, thats awesome. it would be really cool if there was some sort of cleaning system for the blades as they re-enter the hilt area (unless Idfk how a chainsaw works) so when they come out the other side they're free of all the "stuff" thats left over from whatever it sliced up. The "stuff" could be ejected through those little slits in the hilt. Just imagine the brutal bloody rain spraying out of it. :)

BobtheGreatII
November 7th, 2008, 12:05 AM
Updates for now:
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/2946/knifewipvn2.png

Advancebo
November 7th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Damn, you might win again...

Also why does the battery have 3 connectors?

Bastinka
November 7th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Looks uncomfortable for the fingers, nice knife/chainsaw though!

BobtheGreatII
November 7th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Damn, you might win again...

Also why does the battery have 3 connectors?

So people stop thinking it's a regular battery... cause it's not... lol, super futuristic one.

Edit:

As for it seeming uncomfortable... Should I put the battery hanging off the bottom?

Advancebo
November 7th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Make a slot for the battery, just make it not have a cover

BobtheGreatII
November 7th, 2008, 05:02 PM
Make a slot for the battery, just make it not have a cover

But that's not really the look I'm going for... I'm trying to give that grunge kind of... the system that is meant for the motor to run doesn't work anymore... so there's this battery strapped to the side and hard wired in to the motor to power it...

Chainsy
November 7th, 2008, 06:57 PM
Id say on one side take out the vents on the base of the blade and put the battery there.

ICEE
November 8th, 2008, 05:14 PM
I think the reason it looks uncomfortable is because there is so little room for the fingers between the handle and the handgaurd/thing that the battery is attached to.

Dwood
November 8th, 2008, 05:35 PM
But that's not really the look I'm going for... I'm trying to give that grunge kind of... the system that is meant for the motor to run doesn't work anymore... so there's this battery strapped to the side and hard wired in to the motor to power it...

Groove the handle like:

http://www.northamericanknives.com/files/1788248/uploaded/B-02MB027.jpg

so the fingers can slip into place easier, keeping the handle from looking like a tennis racket from the dark pit. The battery is fine where it's at, in my opinion. I would work on making it flow better with the handle though.

BobtheGreatII
November 9th, 2008, 07:49 PM
http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/1116/kniferenderjg7.png

Heathen
November 9th, 2008, 07:57 PM
Looks great man.

teh lag
November 9th, 2008, 08:00 PM
That's something special right there.

Maybe add some sort of a power switch/safety? Would seem like a natural thing to have, at least to me.

Heathen
November 9th, 2008, 08:10 PM
i'm just wondering, conceptually, where is the weight on this badboy? You would want counterweight with this one.

BobtheGreatII
November 9th, 2008, 08:32 PM
i'm just wondering, conceptually, where is the weight on this badboy? You would want counterweight with this one.

Seriously?

I mean, in all honesty... something like this would be held by a character from GoW or something... This in no way is supposed to look serious.. nor will it ever make sense. lol

jngrow
November 11th, 2008, 10:47 PM
As awesome as it looks, to me it just looks like a handheld chainsaw. It needs something to make it clear that it's a weapon, not a tool.

Then gain, it looks like a weapon to everyone else. :/

BobtheGreatII
November 11th, 2008, 10:50 PM
I dunno, when I see a chainsaw, I think of chopping up zombies... not cutting fire wood. lol

Geo
November 12th, 2008, 11:36 AM
That would make a nice mess when you use it on a zombie, or anyone for that matter. Would the speed of the chain be affected with the trigger, or does it just go full blast all the time?

BobtheGreatII
November 12th, 2008, 12:46 PM
Sure, why the heck not. :lol: