PDA

View Full Version : DMT - Overhead Halo

Inferno
November 4th, 2008, 07:33 PM
These are just 2 gimmick maps I made. They were kinda rushed and probably have a few bugs I don't know about. They sync online just fine and play pretty well. All game types supported except race.

Overview

- All players view from a stationary camera above the map.
- Player biped has been modified so you cannot look up or down making it easy to control your character.
- Weapon fire from origin and have a high degree of magnetism so as to make it not "fucking impossible" to hit people.
- There are no weapons on the map but spawn weapons have been randomized so you can spawn with a different weapon every time. (fail rod was removed though cause it fails)

Maps

-Low Planes is the basically a flat version of hang em high. It's designed for FFA and non-team objective games.

-Timber is a small section of timberland that I cut out and modified. It's designed for CTF and Assault but it might do well for other game types.

http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/b61eb06ee3231f0b87462bd6780591bd8a415112.png
http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/2270a376aa682d936227de4495c07ac15441c2ae.png

Downloads

Bacons Mirror (http://www.hivclan.net/maps/overhead_halo.rar)(thx bacon)
Rapidshare Download (http://rapidshare.com/files/160747283/Over_Head_Halo.rar.html) (both maps 6 MB)
Halomaps Download (comeing soon)

metsfan0908
November 4th, 2008, 07:56 PM
lol i like it ill download

Rentafence
November 4th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Holyfuck, that's awesome. Hahaha.

seanthelawn
November 4th, 2008, 08:05 PM
That's amazing. I love your ideas bro, I hope you have more in store for us in the future.

Gwunty
November 4th, 2008, 08:13 PM
This thread can only be described by the following post
:awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awes ome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:: awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::aweso me::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::a wesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesom e::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::aw esome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome ::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awe some::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome: :awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awes ome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:: awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::aweso me::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::a wesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesom e::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::aw esome::awesome:

t3h m00kz
November 4th, 2008, 08:13 PM
GTA2!!

About time someone made something out of the box.

Syuusuke
November 4th, 2008, 08:14 PM
Interesting style, but it can be easily exploitable =/

Inferno
November 4th, 2008, 08:25 PM
Interesting style, but it can be easily exploitable =/

How so? The camera is on a continuous script so you can't cheat into 1st person and there's death planes and player clip around the maps.

Advancebo
November 4th, 2008, 08:41 PM
does the camera follow the player, or its overhead in the same spot?

Syuusuke
November 4th, 2008, 08:55 PM
How so? The camera is on a continuous script so you can't cheat into 1st person and there's death planes and player clip around the maps.

Yea...
oops I thought it was!

It's good that its like that, phew =D

Heathen
November 4th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Dude. If I had time I would dl and play it. I'd have to reinstall halo and shit tho.

Hotrod
November 4th, 2008, 09:03 PM
Shit, that's awesome, I'm gonna try it out ASAP.

StankBacon
November 4th, 2008, 09:08 PM
very cool idea.

good job.

Hotrod
November 4th, 2008, 09:27 PM
Well, I must admit that this is really fun to play, however, the controls are a bit hard to get used to, and even then, still hard to use.

StankBacon
November 4th, 2008, 09:44 PM
mirror..

http://www.hivclan.net/maps/overhead_halo.rar

gonna be playing them on the hcel server shortly.

join up.

Rook
November 4th, 2008, 10:11 PM
We just played this

looll great.

FRain
November 4th, 2008, 10:16 PM
AHA! That's cool! Will play.

mech
November 4th, 2008, 10:25 PM
Map works best with aimbots. This shit is awesome.

InnerGoat
November 4th, 2008, 11:02 PM
It also works to do /veh and fly the banshee up to block everyone's view :awesome:

FluffyDuckyâ„¢
November 5th, 2008, 12:04 AM
LMAO, that was fun tbh. :)

SnaFuBAR
November 5th, 2008, 02:25 AM
you've got my download.

n00b1n8R
November 5th, 2008, 02:55 AM
Could you fix up the camera on the timberland map so that you can see all of the edges? as it stands it stands you can't see to the end on red's side but you can clearly see the edge of the blue side.

StankBacon
November 5th, 2008, 06:18 AM
and in timber, there is a spawn outside the invis wall.

sevlag
November 5th, 2008, 06:47 AM
and in timber, there is a spawn outside the invis wall.which can be passed off as "spectator mode" >.<

anyways, will DL this

metsfan0908
November 5th, 2008, 07:32 AM
is there like a border to the map? or will u just keep going?

StankBacon
November 5th, 2008, 07:52 AM
border.

Rook
November 5th, 2008, 08:20 AM
lawl goat couldnt kill himself or switch teams, then the server thought he was still there after leaving. fix that mb

InnerGoat
November 5th, 2008, 08:58 AM
Yeah, that.

Rook
November 5th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Friendly suggestion: on your random selection of weapons maybe remove the plasma pistol. It put's you at a extreme disadvantage against maybe a pistol, AS, shotgun etc.

Inferno
November 5th, 2008, 03:44 PM
This turned a bit more popular than I anticipated. :lol: Too tell the truth I planned out Low Planes but I threw timber together in like 20 minutes. I knew the barriers were slightly messed up but I lost the max file of the map and I didn't feel like fixing the model again so I just left it.

Friendly suggestion: on your random selection of weapons maybe remove the plasma pistol. It put's you at a extreme disadvantage against maybe a pistol, AS, shotgun etc.

Plasma pistol is actually quite useful if you use the overcharge then switch to a pistol or AR.

Shit... Well I could fix up timber a bit and upload the fixed one to Halo maps but I don't like having 2 versions of the map floating around.

StankBacon
November 5th, 2008, 04:27 PM
just change the filename to include v2 or fixed.

-edit- whats it say when you go out of the map?

every time one of us manages to get out the server crashes because our sv_say is broke ;p

Inferno
November 5th, 2008, 04:36 PM
:lol: It says "Bitches don't know bout my death planes"

Heathen
November 5th, 2008, 05:10 PM
lul

DarkHalo003
November 5th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Dang, DMT has just been making better and better varieties of maps. First it was the Elite thing with the hover board, then the Penguin Ice Fall map (you know what I mean), and now this kind of Halo. Awesome stuff. Good job.

StankBacon
November 5th, 2008, 05:18 PM
penguin map?

Inferno
November 5th, 2008, 05:28 PM
http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12348

sevlag
November 5th, 2008, 06:23 PM
lol i haven't played that map nor have i seen people play it, would be nice to play this map this week, maybe I will

InnerGoat
November 5th, 2008, 06:34 PM
http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12348bacon put this on the server asap :|

Sel
November 5th, 2008, 08:24 PM
Oh man remember those starcraft maps?

Inferno
November 5th, 2008, 08:33 PM

Starcraft maps? In MY halo?

DarkHalo003
November 5th, 2008, 09:18 PM
I can has link? I want to see this because I have no idea which kind of starcraft it is....

(Like is it starcraft like space vehicles or is this some internet game that I probably don't care about?)

FRain
November 8th, 2008, 08:44 PM
Starcraft is a real-time strategy developed in '98 by Blizzard. StarCraft was made by the same guys that made WarCraft, World of WarCraft, and Diablo, but came LONG before most of the games (or so I remember).

DarkHalo003
November 8th, 2008, 09:06 PM
So it's a classic? I always have respect for those classic games. :rolleyes:

Inferno
November 8th, 2008, 09:43 PM
:words:
TL;DR Version

Awesomeness + Epic Battles + Really Fun = Starcraft

armoman92
November 9th, 2008, 10:16 PM
GTA2!!

About time someone made something out of the box.

THATS WHAT I SAID!:lol:

FRain
November 10th, 2008, 09:42 PM
Armoman92.

You're doing it wrong.

Cortexian
November 12th, 2008, 09:48 PM
These maps have been up on my server for awhile now... Yet to play with anyone.

SonicXtreme
November 14th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Would be alot less confusing if you could actually get the over head camera to follow the player :(

Jelly
November 14th, 2008, 11:52 AM
I'm afraid this map falls under the category of "Not coldsnap or Blood Gulch".

Inferno
November 14th, 2008, 04:46 PM
They fall under the category of I'm too lazy to upload them to halomaps. I should have done it last week but I forgot about it when I began work on reverting the ENTIRE Infernal map pack tag set back to the original halo weapons. Which took FOREVER due to all the custom weapons I had created over the years.

I will really try to fix timberland and upload these maps to halomaps this weekend. If I don't someone come hit me over the head with a florescent light.

On the bright side my MP tag set has never been more organized.

Rook
November 17th, 2008, 01:38 PM
Yup, 2/6 people showed. :eyesroll:

FluffyDuckyâ„¢
November 17th, 2008, 03:13 PM
There is nothing wrong with it, it is a fun map imo.

Alwin Roth
November 17th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Man, this is awesome!
you come up with some crazy gameplay ideas.

just downloaded it and played it, i want a dedi server running nao!

picture Ctf gameplay on this map with 16 players.

mcwesalot
November 17th, 2008, 04:28 PM
DMT- racing remake nao?

Pooky
November 18th, 2008, 10:23 AM
Community says: make more of these now

mirite?

Inferno
November 18th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Well now that Open Sauce is out if someone who knew a good bit of C++ could team up with me I could start developing some of my seriously original ideas. Ive got some mods that I would love to do but just lack the skills to actually create.

metsfan0908
November 18th, 2008, 07:37 PM
hey wanksta i found a problem with Ohh Timber...

when i first play it i always spawn outside the map and i always have to restart it till i dont spawn there so i think theres a stray spawn point

seanthelawn
November 18th, 2008, 08:06 PM

ODX
November 18th, 2008, 09:32 PM
You can also go outside of the FOV (going into the hill in the top-right) buuut Sky's the Limit takes care of that :D So now I'm cheating, oh well, I'll apologize to IV sometime for when I did it in that oddball game. I still love the maps, even if it's annoying that you sometimes can't find yourself, or you can't tell what way you're looking and you throw a grenade into a wall beside you.

Invader Veex
November 19th, 2008, 07:36 AM
So now I'm cheating, oh well, I'll apologize to IV sometime for when I did it in that oddball game.

>:|

After you left, An Asain got stuck behind some invisible barrier it the upper part of the map. I try throwing flames at him but they were reflected. xD

Apoc4lypse
December 14th, 2008, 09:38 PM
wow this is cool, kind of missed this thread cuz i havent been around much lately, sick idea tho. Maybe make a moving above view camera, could be cool. Like a real 3rd person/rts halo almost.

E: I vote for a bomberman 64 mod xD or a halo style bomberman 64 gameplay mod. Really you (or your team) have some innovative ideas, who else is on DMT anyway?

E2: unless someone already said it (dint read whole thread, too lazy) its cool if you change ur controls to make the arrow keys control forward back and looking left and right, just make a new profile for playing ohh maps. Then I kept strafing the same and uses s for shooting and f for grenades and space to mele, idk maybe spacebar for shooting would work better, mess with it im sure there are better control configurations that'll give u the edge against people in this type of game.

E3: go figure no ones playing the map right now... and I cant host, stupid router. I dont feel like fixing that stupid thing again right now so I can host, I lag anyway.

leorimolo
December 14th, 2008, 10:27 PM
Could you post the script please? I want to make this for H2x

Inferno
December 16th, 2008, 08:59 PM
Ummm....

(script continuous "game cam"
(camera_control 1)
(camera_set game_cam 1)
)

Not much of a script eh?

DarkHalo003
December 16th, 2008, 09:11 PM
How is the gameplay? Are weapons more balanced now? Haven't had the time to play it.

Alwin Roth
December 17th, 2008, 06:25 PM
How is the gameplay? Are weapons more balanced now? Haven't had the time to play it.

its fun as hell.
weapons are still the same, but its harder to control your character.

try it with Ctf.

Inferno
December 19th, 2008, 07:03 PM
I didn't do it. Someone will confess!

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=4173
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=4172

Too bad it didn't get featured we could of had a new cold snap gimmick.