PDA

View Full Version : The Earth is flat community <_<

someone
March 13th, 2007, 10:17 AM
There's a forum community that really believes that the Earth is FLAT!
Check it out yourself: http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=11211.0

...RETARDS!

Hotrod
March 13th, 2007, 10:34 AM
It has been proved many times that the Earth is round, as long as all the other planets. Why would NASA spend so much time and waste so much money to create a useless conspiracy? Those people in that forum should take a flight around the world to see that they'll just end up at the same spot where they began.

someone
March 13th, 2007, 10:58 AM
It has been proved many times that the Earth is round, as long as all the other planets. Why would NASA spend so much time and waste so much money to create a useless conspiracy? Those people in that forum should take a flight around the world to see that they'll just end up at the same spot where they began.
Yeah and they should go to primary school again.

mech
March 13th, 2007, 11:24 AM
Prove To Me That The Earth Is Round >:u Now

Hotrod
March 13th, 2007, 11:38 AM
Fine, here's your proof : http://j-walkblog.com/index.php?/weblog/posts/proof_the_earth_is_round/ (http://j-walkblog.com/index.php?/weblog/posts/proof_the_earth_is_round/:)
:)

Dal
March 13th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Or, you could look out a window and see the horizon. That usually works.

mech
March 13th, 2007, 12:51 PM
You proved to me nothing!!!

No shit the earth is round :|

But someone can say everything is flat :\ Consider everything you look at as 1 frame. ITS FLAT THE WHOLE WORLD IS 2D DURRR

CN3089
March 13th, 2007, 01:02 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/2f/Flag_of_the_United_Nations.svg/800px-Flag_of_the_United_Nations.svg.png

Are you disagreeing with the UN? :raise:

Pooky
March 13th, 2007, 01:13 PM
We've seen the damn Earth from space, HOW DO YOU ORBIT AROUND A FLAT OBJECT?

EDIT- these guys are trying to propagate the geocentric theory as well.... idiots

nooBBooze
March 13th, 2007, 01:51 PM
lol actually if u look at it from space, it still looks like a dish.
if you look at a perfectly round object, all you can see is one half of it. unless you have 360°/god vision, (meaning you can see all of it at the same time) the perfectly round object "ball" can possibly be just a round shaped dish.
wtf! those tards got a point!

Hotrod
March 13th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Yes, but their point has been proven wrong. So, we all agree that the Earth is round, that is something we all knew since we entered school. Some people just don't accept the fact that what has been believed by scientists 100 years ago is wrong.

EDIT :Sorry i meant 1000 years.

nooBBooze
March 13th, 2007, 02:15 PM
heretic!

but seriously, such crazy-assed theories (->LC) just distract ppl form the real facts that r even scarier than those corny conspiracies.
Like crab people.

CN3089
March 13th, 2007, 02:46 PM
Some people just don't accept the fact that what has been believed by scientists 100 years ago is wrong.

Uh, what? People have known the Earth is spherical for around 2500 years.

100 years ago isn't really that far away. We still use Newtonian (1600s) principles to plot trajectories for spacecraft.

Hurrvish
March 13th, 2007, 03:15 PM
yo mommas flat.... >.> (to no one in particular)

but i think this thing has those hardcore christian/catholic people.... theyre just too hard headed to learn simple scientifically proven theories(locked galileo up,burned astronomical books etc) , just like the people in halo pc who believes that in RL, you have to lead your melees in order to hit a person o_o

CN3089
March 13th, 2007, 03:18 PM
scientifically proven theories,

http://sa.tweek.us/emots/images/emot-eng99.gif

Guys, it would help if you learned something about the scientific method before you criticize others about their lack of knowledge.

Hurrvish
March 13th, 2007, 03:23 PM
not saying that they have a lack of knowledge, but im implying that they wont accept a few simple things

Stealth
March 13th, 2007, 04:06 PM
You know something, those people need to take a nice trip to Space, or to the crazy house with all of the nice men in white coats.

Hotrod
March 13th, 2007, 04:20 PM
Ya, or they could pay attention to the rest of the world around them. And maybe sending them into space would help (without space suits). Lol, just kidding. and I meant 1000 years not 100, sorry.

Stealth
March 13th, 2007, 04:38 PM
lol, I say if they still think the earth is flat, then we send them back out there on a rop, and hope a metteor shower comes and clips the line, and truns them into swise cheese.

Hotrod
March 13th, 2007, 04:43 PM
They wouldn't taste as good as swiss cheese though...ewww.

Stealth
March 13th, 2007, 04:50 PM
who cares about eating them, but the'll learn that the Earth isn't flat.

Limited
March 13th, 2007, 05:00 PM
If the world is flat, then so is pamela anderson's chest

Leiukemia
March 13th, 2007, 05:08 PM
tbh, it's not something all that important. How often does a job interviewer ask if the world is round? I say let them live in their flat world if they enjoy it. It's not like any harm is going to come out of it.

Stealth
March 13th, 2007, 05:10 PM
lol, ya, if the world is flat, then 100% of the chests on girls on this planet is flat.

Hurrvish
March 13th, 2007, 05:10 PM
or theyll sail out just to find the edge of the world, so they can fall into space.... but then theyll be at sea forever :)

Hotrod
March 13th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Or they'll said until they hit the other continent, then they'll cross it and go back on to the ocean. Later, they'll just come back where they started. And let's hope that Stealth's theory will never be true.

CN3089
March 13th, 2007, 06:11 PM
and I meant 1000 years not 100, sorry.

They knew that the Earth was round ~2500 years ago.

Hotrod
March 13th, 2007, 06:13 PM
Ok, I thought they figured it out much later than 2500 years ago. Thank you for correcting me.

Agamemnon
March 13th, 2007, 06:34 PM
That was hilarious. That just made my day. :lol:

"We obviously pose a intelligent debate on how the world is flat because we have some obscure crack-head scientist who wrote a book about it, we claimed every conspiracy theory known to man, and then we also claim that we know every factual thing there is to "keeping the truth hidden" by knowing the man power of each country in protecting the "ice shields" because...well, because I have nothing fucking better to do on a Sunday afternoon."

At least, that's what I got from it.

CN3089
March 13th, 2007, 06:37 PM
Have YOU ever been to Antarctica?

Didn't think so, SHEEP. http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Emoticons/emot-colbert.gif

Agamemnon
March 13th, 2007, 06:44 PM
No, but I have looked out of a telescope at our other planets in the solar system and they seem to be rotating spheres to me; unless their "flat surface" is constantly changing its face on the surface and gravity doesn't exist.

CN3089
March 13th, 2007, 06:45 PM
We're not accelerating downward, the Earth is accelerating upward at 9.8m/s. http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Emoticons/emot-pseudo.gif

Hotrod
March 13th, 2007, 07:18 PM
Right... Wait, are you saying that you are one of those people who believe that? If you are, I'll give you a cookie to change your mind *Gives CN3089 a cookie*.

Pred1ator
March 13th, 2007, 07:20 PM
Q: "Please explain sunrises/sunsets."

A: It's a perspective effect. Really, the sun is just getting farther away; it looks like it disappears because everything gets smaller and eventually disappears as it gets farther away.

Q: "Why are other celestial bodies round but not the Earth?"

A: When you look at these celestial bodies, even with a telescope, they're entirely two-dimensional.

Q: "What about satellites? How do they orbit the Earth?"

A1: They don't, satellite signals come from radio towers.

lol...i laugh at these..

Con
March 13th, 2007, 08:12 PM
These guys are sad. That's all I'll really say, sad summarizes it up effectively.

legionaire45
March 13th, 2007, 08:16 PM
Fine, here's your proof : http://j-walkblog.com/index.php?/weblog/posts/proof_the_earth_is_round/ (http://j-walkblog.com/index.php?/weblog/posts/proof_the_earth_is_round/:)
:)

LiEs! I mAdE tHaT iN bLiTz3d!!

stalker 4589
March 13th, 2007, 08:21 PM
hahah i cant belive these people i mean there have no evidence that its flat. honestly stupid people. but seriously huge ice walls? people gaurding the ice walls . there earth is awesome i wanna visit for a weekend

Arteen
March 13th, 2007, 10:17 PM
I find their arguments (ignoring the conspiracy crap and all that) fascinating. It's wrong, of course, but it's still fascinating. I am curious about how the flat Earth theory could explain how one sees different stars and constellations in different regions (hemispheres) of the Earth. I am also curious about how they can explain how on their maps continents such as South America and Africa are so much larger than they actually are, or how it's possible to fly from South America to Australia by flying over Antarctica, or a whole lot of other crap that's not worth mentioning because there are more than enough reasons already to show the flat Earth theory is wrong.

Corgy
March 13th, 2007, 10:59 PM
Haah OH MAN that's almost as crazy as believing in a man in the sky.

Fuck.

stalker 4589
March 13th, 2007, 11:04 PM
wait there is a man in the sky iv seen him. he live in the moon. http://static.flickr.com/38/113294852_6ccd89c721.jpg (http://static.flickr.com/38/113294852_6ccd89c721.jpg)

Hotrod
March 13th, 2007, 11:16 PM
Lol, that's kind of freaky in a way. It also looks like a cream pie that has a face.

stalker 4589
March 13th, 2007, 11:23 PM
its from the mighty boosh. a british comedy its fucking hilarious but only if your into that sort of humour but seriously its amazing check out youtube for episodes of it :D

OmegaDragon
March 13th, 2007, 11:28 PM
Silly people.... Every one knows that the Earth is a cube

http://www.neoprogrammics.com/images/earth_cube.jpg

Hotrod
March 13th, 2007, 11:29 PM
Of cousre the Earth isn't a cube, it's a triangle!:p

rossmum
March 13th, 2007, 11:32 PM
You're all wrong. It's a one-dimensional line. http://sa.tweek.us/emots/images/emot-q.gif

Hotrod
March 13th, 2007, 11:34 PM
Or even better, a mix between a sphere, a triangle, a cube, a circle and a one-dimensional line all in one!

stalker 4589
March 13th, 2007, 11:36 PM
i am the earth. hear me roar.

anyway the flat earth theory is comppletly stupid why would people even consider that

rossmum
March 13th, 2007, 11:48 PM
Because a depressingly large proportion of the Earth's population are equally as stupid, if not moreso.

stalker 4589
March 13th, 2007, 11:51 PM
true i mean look at all the bad rep americans get because a select few are thick as fuck. im glad there is places to escape the rise of the idiots. (this forum ect)

Corgy
March 14th, 2007, 12:09 AM
Because a depressingly large proportion of the Earth's population are equally as stupid, if not moreso.
:rolleyes:

Why is it depressing?

rossmum
March 14th, 2007, 12:11 AM
Because the more there are, the more likely they are to somehow obtain positions of responsibility.

Xetsuei
March 14th, 2007, 12:13 AM
The earth is flat. :-3

n00b1n8R
March 14th, 2007, 12:23 AM
lmfao.

ok, i think we should bomb their site. but not us all going over there and saying HAHAHAHAHAH, but making some arguments and questions that they can't answer.

we'll make 1 representative account used by 1 member (so no idiot here can use it and go LOLOL U R TEH RETARDS) and then we see how they handle it.

Q: why is it that you see the mast first over the horizon.
Q: why are all the planets and moons facing the earth.
Q: if the earth is flat, how deep is it? it obviously can't be a disk if you can dig into it.
Q: if the earth, and other planets are disks, why arn't people disks too?

come on people this is easy xD
n00b out

rossmum
March 14th, 2007, 12:24 AM
Why bother, they're hardy worth the effort. Even I can't be bothered to go and force some logic into their thick skulls, and maybe if we leave them with their outdated beliefs they might eventually die out peacefully.

Corgy
March 14th, 2007, 12:54 AM
Because the more there are, the more likely they are to somehow obtain positions of responsibility.
:confused:

lmfao.

ok, i think we should bomb their site. but not us all going over there and saying HAHAHAHAHAH, but making some arguments and questions that they can't answer.

we'll make 1 representative account used by 1 member (so no idiot here can use it and go LOLOL U R TEH RETARDS) and then we see how they handle it.

Q: why is it that you see the mast first over the horizon.
Q: why are all the planets and moons facing the earth.
Q: if the earth is flat, how deep is it? it obviously can't be a disk if you can dig into it.
Q: if the earth, and other planets are disks, why arn't people disks too?

come on people this is easy xD
n00b out
You don't think they've never thought about it before?

n00b1n8R
March 14th, 2007, 01:11 AM
and i feel like a laugh and want to here their response.

rossmum
March 14th, 2007, 01:12 AM
Don't bother, seriously. Waste of time and effort.

Rob Oplawar
March 14th, 2007, 01:26 AM
But those guys are missing the point: if the earth an moon are flat, there's no way we went to the moon. Conclusive proof that the moon landing was staged!

Lol but seriously, there's no harm in it, and I say let them have their fun. After all, I personally don't have conclusive proof that the word is round- only what evidence people have shown me. The only evidence most of us can present is evidence given to us by others- others obviously in on the conspiracy, of course. Then again, I don't have any evidence to prove that the entire universe isn't just a figment of my imagination, and in reality nothing exists except my mind which chooses to imagine you all.

imagines hot chicks

Cortexian
March 14th, 2007, 10:08 AM
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. their cracks about how airplanes fly got me laughing, I have my pilots license, and they are idiots.

I think we should start planning our forum trolling fest now >.<

Love De Lux
March 14th, 2007, 10:51 AM
WAIT WAIT WAIT

Are those guys,

serious ?

What.

Oh and also, the guy called "Francois Tremblay" just made my day. :XD:

NASA should take one of those guys next time they're going in the space.

EDIT : LMFAO

I just found the win thread.

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=11289.0

1.) Open each of those NASA Round Earth pictures in notepad and note the photoshop headers.

2.) The first one was obviously done with early 90's 3D modeling.

:XD:

Caboos001
March 14th, 2007, 11:13 AM
Oh damn! They all just totally bitch slapped Galileo. Lets watch as science beats their asses into the ground.

SMASH
March 14th, 2007, 11:14 AM
i think this thing has those hardcore christian/catholic people.... theyre just too hard headed to learn simple scientifically proven theories

Are you serious? I am a "hardcore" christian and I am always keeping up with the latest technology and believing that the earth is flat is completely absurd.

I can see how people might think that catholics might be involved because, yes, they have had a track record of putting down scientific discovery, but you sll must remember CATHOLICISM IS NOT CHRISTIANITY.

Catholicism = Mary Centered
Christianity = Christ Centered

So, do not make those generalizations because it makes you look really really prejudice.

Pooky
March 14th, 2007, 12:05 PM

Guys, it would help if you learned something about the scientific method before you criticize others about their lack of knowledge.

Exactly, the things that can be listed as "scientifically proven" run the gamut from having abundant to absolutely no hard data. Still, believing the Earth is flat... They're got some interesting ideas but honestly I think it's just a ploy for attention, like most other conspiracy nuts.

CN3089
March 14th, 2007, 03:25 PM
Exactly, the things that can be listed as "scientifically proven" run the gamut from having abundant to absolutely no hard data.

Everything that is "scientifically proven" are known as laws and have huge amounts of experimentally collected data supporting them. I was referring to the fact he used the term "scientfically proven theory," which is nonsense. Theories can't be proven, they explain the proven things.

also: comedy "the earth is flat and you guys are sheep for believing it is a sphere" comment goes here

Emmzee
March 14th, 2007, 06:29 PM
CATHOLICISM IS NOT CHRISTIANITY.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholicism
Maybe you should know more about your religion before stating that it isn't what it really is.

Agamemnon
March 14th, 2007, 08:36 PM
Are you serious? I am a "hardcore" christian and I am always keeping up with the latest technology and believing that the earth is flat is completely absurd.

I can see how people might think that catholics might be involved because, yes, they have had a track record of putting down scientific discovery, but you sll must remember CATHOLICISM IS NOT CHRISTIANITY.

Catholicism = Mary Centered
Christianity = Christ Centered

So, do not make those generalizations because it makes you look really really prejudice.
Look at the pot call the kettle black. Can you even name the twelve apostles?

Christianity is the religion; Catholicism is one of the many sects of Christianity. Here, have a cookie.

Pooky
March 14th, 2007, 11:15 PM

Everything that is "scientifically proven" are known as laws and have huge amounts of experimentally collected data supporting them. I was referring to the fact he used the term "scientfically proven theory," which is nonsense. Theories can't be proven, they explain the proven things.

also: comedy "the earth is flat and you guys are sheep for believing it is a sphere" comment goes here

People have ranted for centuries about what's scientifically proven, the Roman Catholic church hired people to announce the Earth as the center of the universe being "scientifically proven". In my eyes, someone SAYING things are scientifically proven doesn't say shit. Actually having the proof, does.

Hotrod
March 14th, 2007, 11:34 PM
It couldn't be scientifically proven if they didn't have any proof, even if they hired people to say that it was. We now have proof that the Earth is round, and not flat, so we can stop arguing about this.

Corgy
March 14th, 2007, 11:55 PM
People have ranted for centuries about what's scientifically proven, the Roman Catholic church hired people to announce the Earth as the center of the universe being "scientifically proven". In my eyes, someone SAYING things are scientifically proven doesn't say shit. Actually having the proof, does.
What does that have to do with the price of fish

Random
March 15th, 2007, 12:39 AM
http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=429.0

Silly FE