PDA

View Full Version : serious grievances concerning modacity forum

halo CE
November 19th, 2008, 01:39 AM
1. everytime i login to make an insightful post I type up my ideas and maybe click 'post'. WITHOUT FAIL EVERY TIME IT says logged out. EVERYTHING I typed is gone and I have to start again. CHANGE THE AUTO LOG OUT TIME!!!!

2. WHY CAN there not be a random gallery thread?

3. WHY can I not have 2 or 10 banners in my sig?

4. my name on halo is )l+ '_' +l[ . everyone knows this, yet the account i made here was banned for having non alpha numeric characters. That is unreasonable.

5. there is no copy and paste functionality in the submit message text box.

Timo
November 19th, 2008, 02:12 AM
1. This is you, not Modacity. Check the "remember me" box.

2. There is. Look in off topic.

3. It's against the rules. It gets annoying when you sig is twice as big as your post, 100% of the time.

4. Because when we look your name up on the database it usually brings back errors because of non alpha numeric characters.

5. Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V. It's not that hard.

I hope this has cleared up your serious grievances. Modacity is serious business.

stankpot
November 19th, 2008, 02:43 AM
<3 timo

FluffyDuckyâ„¢
November 19th, 2008, 05:00 AM
I hope this has cleared up your serious grievances. Modacity is serious business.

LMAO! Nice Timo, very nice.

Jelly
November 19th, 2008, 10:49 AM
1. everytime i login to make an insightful post I type up my ideas and maybe click 'post'. WITHOUT FAIL EVERY TIME IT says logged out.
Is this why we only see bad posts from you?

Pooky
November 19th, 2008, 10:58 AM
SERIOUS FUCKING GRIEVANCE WITH MOD ASSITY

1. WHY IS THERE NO TITS GALLERY THREAD

StankBacon
November 19th, 2008, 11:09 AM
Timo, ily :)

NuggetWarmer
November 19th, 2008, 12:11 PM
lolownd

Skill
November 19th, 2008, 12:51 PM
Hahaha, oh wow.

halo CE
November 19th, 2008, 01:50 PM
how you run this halo site is up to you. it is all we have apparently so i m glad for it. i might consider posting about movies and other things more mainstream.

1. i dont know much about the site but i think i disagree. The auto log off time is not effected by remember me .

2. off topic for random pics. ok.

3. how annoying my sig is should be up to me.

4. forgot about ctrl v ctrl c

http://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/209.246.143.103:2302/b_560x95.png (http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/209.246.143.103:2302/)

Skill
November 19th, 2008, 01:54 PM
how you run this halo site is up to you.

This hasn't been a Halo site for about a year now.

InnerGoat
November 19th, 2008, 02:00 PM
3. It's against the rules. It gets annoying when you sig is twice as big as your post, 100% of the time.

4. Because when we look your name up on the database it usually brings back errors because of non alpha numeric characters.

3. Expanding on that, why would anyone want to see a huge sig when the post itself lacks any content worth reading?

4. His "name" had no problems in the database, it just sucked.

edit - your browser or whatever security settings you're running are doing it.

Zeph
November 19th, 2008, 02:28 PM
1. everytime i login to make an insightful post I type up my ideas and maybe click 'post'. WITHOUT FAIL EVERY TIME IT says logged out. EVERYTHING I typed is gone and I have to start again. CHANGE THE AUTO LOG OUT TIME!!!!
2. WHY CAN there not be a random gallery thread?
3. WHY can I not have 2 or 10 banners in my sig?
4. my name on halo is )l+ '_' +l[ . everyone knows this, yet the account i made here was banned for having non alpha numeric characters. That is unreasonable.
5. there is no copy and paste functionality in the submit message text box.

1. You fail at foruming. Check the 'Remember me' box when logging in.
2. There is. You just fail at foruming and haven't found it.
3. We dont want you to. Plain and simple.
4. Our forums, our rules. Yes, it is possible for you to have that name, but it's a pain in the ass when we try to moderate or administer users with non-alphanumeric names.
5. Looks like you fail at computering 101 as well. Highlight the stuff you want to copy, press control+c, move the mouse cursor to where you want to paste it, and press control+v.

p0lar_bear
November 19th, 2008, 02:59 PM
3. how annoying my sig is should be up to me.

Make your signature as annoying as you want, it will be deleted. Many of us come here to read content posted by users, not the same 1000px tall signatures over and over with flashing neon colors, advertisements, and crappy grunge edits of Halo 3 screenshots made in an attempt to make the poster seem badass.

Attempting to circumvent this by posting content that one would expect to find in a signature, such as banners and ads, into a post instead, will result in Irritating Post infractions, especially if said content has no relation whatsoever to the topic at hand.

Ganon
November 19th, 2008, 03:47 PM
i recommend you just ban him to save any stress really

FluffyDuckyâ„¢
November 19th, 2008, 04:33 PM
This feels like [HIV] forums now that Sam is here. :gonk:

halo CE
November 19th, 2008, 05:49 PM
you guys just dont get it do you.

i m not the smartest person around but i one thing about sharing and friends: people should go where they are appreciated not just tolerated.

I'm not sure what this site is about, but i'm willing to give it a shot.

I'll try the remember me thing and see if that helps.

stankpot
November 19th, 2008, 06:14 PM
/b fag

Skill
November 19th, 2008, 06:22 PM
you guys just dont get it do you.
I guess not.

i m not the smartest person around
Clearly.

but i one thing about sharing and friends: people should go where they are appreciated not just tolerated.
And we don't tolerate or appreciate your behavior here, so leave.

Kalub
November 19th, 2008, 06:41 PM
No, nothing is up to you. You agree to our policies when you join. Also, the auto-logout is a security feature to make sure no one gets access to your account if your on a public machine. If you don't like it then select remember me before you login.

And your signature affects the performance of the page to every user, so if we let everyone run rampant with no moderation of the sigs/avatars they would single handedly destroy the forums. If you wanted though I'm sure the Admins could disable it and you could put what ever your little heart desires in it. Though, you would be the only one to see it.

The internet is Serious Buisness, Modacity is even more serious....

p0lar_bear
November 19th, 2008, 07:42 PM
i m not the smartest person around but i one thing about sharing and friends: people should go where they are appreciated not just tolerated.A random nobody isn't appreciated right off the bat. It doesn't matter who you are or what you've done elsewhere; what you do HERE matters. If you want to get appreciated, contribute without being a tryhard.

So far, your making a BFD about a minor rule has got you going in the direction opposite of appreciation, at least in the eyes of the staff.

I'm not sure what this site is about, but i'm willing to give it a shot.We're about modding CE, Source, CryEngine, and Unreal Engine. Pick something and work with it, and make stuff of decent quality, be it models, scripts, mods, etc.

Rentafence
November 19th, 2008, 07:57 PM
Troll

Ifafudafi
November 19th, 2008, 09:56 PM
:dramabomb:

This topic just made my day.

Also you don't have to do shit; as long as you don't act like a fool, you'll do well. Hell, all I made were some blood splatters and crappy skins.

Zeph
November 19th, 2008, 10:22 PM
I think that's enough.