PDA

View Full Version : Light map don't work...

Inferno
November 24th, 2008, 08:01 PM
... When I run light maps on some of my maps it acts like its working, casts photons, rasterizes goes to the final screen then the cmd window closes itself and the map DOES NOT have a light map.

WTF!?!?! I found no errors in debug and no errors in tool. It just does not work. I need Halp! :saddowns:

Inferno
December 6th, 2008, 10:04 PM
Its been like a week. Does anyone have even the slightest clue as to why this is happening.

cheezdue
December 6th, 2008, 10:21 PM
Did you try putting "_" instead of spacing in your map's name?

Inferno
December 6th, 2008, 11:41 PM
In the scenario name or the Unicode name for the menu?

Inferno
December 26th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Yeah Um... Bump?

Grimdoomer
December 28th, 2008, 10:47 AM
Halo 2 Vista doesn't use Lightmaps in multiplayer maps. Even the shipped maps have -1 for all the lightmap raw offsets.

Inferno
December 28th, 2008, 10:56 AM
Ummm are you retarded? Of course the multiplayer maps use light maps.

ShadowSpartan
December 28th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Halo 2 Vista doesn't use Lightmaps in multiplayer maps. Even the shipped maps have -1 for all the lightmap raw offsets.
.......are you fucking serious? You are even more of an idiot than I thought you were to begin with. You don't know what you are talking about. Obviously, you have never created a custom map.

Inferno, have you tried running lightmaps using a batch file (.bat)? If not, go ahead and try to do that, but after the lightmap command add the word "pause" on a new line. That way you can see if it does return an error. Talk to me on aim if you need help.

Grimdoomer
December 28th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Yea I am serious, all compiling a lightmap does, it make a block of UVs, for the BSP to render the lightmap bitmap, wich is only shadows.

So you think I'm an idiot because you don't agree on what I said? Thats a great reason :rolleyes:

Choking Victim
December 28th, 2008, 03:01 PM
Yea I am serious, all compiling a lightmap does, it make a block of UVs, for the BSP to render the lightmap bitmap, wich is only shadows.

So you think I'm an idiot because you don't agree on what I said? Thats a great reason :rolleyes:
So you completely just contradicted what you previously said. He thinks your an idiot because you were wrong, which you were.

PS: lightmap bitmaps work differently from normal bitmaps, your doing it wrong.

Grimdoomer
December 28th, 2008, 03:17 PM
So you completely just contradicted what you previously said. He thinks your an idiot because you were wrong, which you were.

PS: lightmap bitmaps work differently from normal bitmaps, your doing it wrong.

Did you even read what he said? no otherwise you would have known why I said that.

Choking Victim
December 28th, 2008, 03:29 PM
Oh don't worry I read it all, your entirely incorrect. Multiplayer maps use lightmaps your just doing it wrong. Did you read what I said?

Inferno
December 28th, 2008, 03:33 PM
</drama>
Yeah I talked to vicky he's told me to do a batch. I will once I get off my lazy ass and do some work. But for now...

Inferno
December 30th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Right so I worked on it today and I used H2tool scenarios\multi\corrupted\corrupted corrupted draft_low

Ran light maps until at the very end it specifically said I had to many polygons in 1 portal. So I'm not portaling the maps that have this problem. Apparently having 10,000 polys in a single portal is god sin to the engine. Thanks for the help vicky and CV.