PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] Halo 3 Legendary Edition!

Chief117
March 17th, 2007, 11:15 AM
Not sure if someone else posted this already but I just had to. There's a new pic of what Legendary Edition is going to look like.http://www.bungie.net/images/news/inlineimages/legendaryeditionsm.jpg (http://www.bungie.net/images/news/inlineimages/HaloLegendaryHuge.jpg)That's what it sort of going to look like. If you somehoe didn't know legendary edition is going to be 99 bucks, and for convienence here's the story:

Microsoft put out a press release this morning, and finally revealed the awesome new packaging for the Legendary Edition of Halo 3, along with the red-faced admission that it’s going to be $30 more expensive than the estimated retail price used by retailers for pre-orders. Much as they telegraphed the fact that this price and content could be subject to change, it’s fair to say that these things usually don’t change. So apologies for that, but I think hardcore collectors (at whom the Legendary Edition is squarely aimed) will be pleased with the end result. The thing is truly lovely in real life, from the finish of the helmet itself, to the operation of the box and its sleeve. It reeks of quality and attention to detail (as it should at that price) and for fans, it’s probably worth every penny.
Of course, nobody’s forcing this price on you, and you can always buy the regular or Limited Edition and forego the thrill of your very own Spartan helmet. And for those of you who felt like it was a bait and switch, I can tell you from our involvement in the project, that’s not the case at all. This was always a tough thing to price and pin down, since it had simply never been done before. You can read more about the ambition, scale and love that were poured into this collectible next week, when Sketch brings us a report from the designers and manufacturer of the Legendary Edition, complete with photos from the artisans and the factory itself and an in-depth explanation of the kind of quality processes used to assemble it.
You’d probably be very surprised to hear how many Bungie staffers have actually pre-ordered it from regular retail outlets. The Legendary edition is limited enough (and individually numbered, no less) that we’re simply not guaranteed to get one. Yikes. We are trying to secure a couple of the more interesting numbered editions (you can do the math) to give away as prizes near launch.
The other froth was caused by the revelation that the Limited Edition would contain one piece of content that isn’t in the Legendary Edition. Well, don’t worry about that at all. The Legendary Edition purchasers will be pleased to know that they will not have to live without that content at all. More on that later (some of the details are still being worked out), but it should be smiles and sunshine. Seriously.
Again, tune in next week to see how the legendary Edition was made, and why it’s worth all that moolah.

http://www.bungie.net/images/news/inlineimages/legendaryeditionsm.jpg (http://www.bungie.net/images/news/inlineimages/HaloLegendaryHuge.jpg)

Click the image to see it in redonkulously huge detail

Next week will be shown extra goodies on legendary edition. Enjoy.

Hurrvish
March 17th, 2007, 11:17 AM
i dont think you shouldve copy-pasted the whole weekly update, just the sections regarding the title

cover looks too bland :/

mR_r0b0to
March 17th, 2007, 12:33 PM
last time i heard it was 129.99

k.

Limited
March 17th, 2007, 12:47 PM
last time i heard it was 129.99

k.Snap

I heard 129$ too :D

Not at fan of the black plain 3 on the outside of the box but meh :D

halo 3 = 2 disks?

why is there 3 xbox 360 dvd cases in the clip

Edit
Yup

The Legendary Edition ($129.99 U.S. ERP*) will be released in limited quantities and arrive in a highly collectible Spartan helmet case that no hardcore “Halo” fan should be without, along with two bonus disks full of supplemental content.

And for those who crave nothing more than the highly anticipated third chapter to one of the greatest gaming trilogies, the Standard Edition ($59.99 U.S. ERP*) will consist of the “Halo 3” game.

The Limited Edition ($69.99 U.S. ERP*) will also include a bounty of extras. Within a sleek metal collector’s case,

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/13025/Microsoft-Officially-Announces-Three-Editions-of-Halo-3/

mR_r0b0to
March 17th, 2007, 12:51 PM
i want that helmet.
nvm

n00b1n8R
March 17th, 2007, 05:53 PM
oh poor americans having to pay $100 for a game. poor didums.
who'd like to take a guess on how much new games cost here?

Chief117
March 17th, 2007, 06:10 PM
It's got more than just the game. I WANNA WEAR TEH HELMET! rofl it's only six inches, i need a shrink ray...

mR_r0b0to
March 17th, 2007, 08:07 PM
or an object enlarger...

Hurrvish
March 17th, 2007, 09:13 PM
the inside of the helmet is rectangular... unless you can squash your head, id doubt you can wear it comfortably

Emmzee
March 17th, 2007, 09:46 PM
Yeah, I won't be getting Halo 3 anyway, so pass.

Hotrod
March 17th, 2007, 11:20 PM
Why won't you be getting Halo 3? Are you going to wait for it to come on to PC? I'm going to buy the Legendary Edition, it's worth the price...for me.

EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it, I'll just stick with the limited edition of Halo 3.

legionaire45
March 18th, 2007, 10:16 PM
Why won't you be getting Halo 3? Are you going to wait for it to come on to PC? I'm going to buy the Legendary Edition, it's worth the price...for me.
Not everyone wants to buy a $400 console for a single game =3

itszutak
March 19th, 2007, 09:59 AM
Then buy Dead Rising, Gears of War, Halo 2, among other games. <_<

Hotrod
March 19th, 2007, 04:15 PM
There are many good games that are going to come out or that are already out for the 360. Some Examples are Gears of War and Fable 2. It's your decision, not mine however. So if your not going to but a 360 then I can't do anything about it.

Kornman00
March 19th, 2007, 06:59 PM
scale_legendary_edition_helmet_to_head_marker true
:(

Chief117
March 19th, 2007, 08:54 PM
Not everyone wants to buy a $400 console for a single game =3
Um, there are so many great games I can name. GRAW, GRAW 2, Rainbow 6 Vegas, Gears of War, Dead Rising, Halo Wars(eventually), Unreal Tournament, GTA 4(soon), and others. 360 is an awesome buy and Halo 3 isnt going to be the only big game for the 360.

Pooky
March 19th, 2007, 10:17 PM
Even if I had that money to spare I wouldn't waste it on this. All I want is the GAME, thanks.

legionaire45
March 20th, 2007, 12:16 AM
I already own a 360 and already have this pre-ordered via Newegg =3

Limited
March 20th, 2007, 01:22 PM
I think this is one of those things, Im a halo fan however as I haven't even played halo 2, I wouldn't call me a mega fan, not that the spirit isnt there :P

Having all the features in halo is probably one of the only games I'd get this like extra stuff with, maybe GTA 4 or GOW but apart from that other games I'd just buy the game to play.

Xbox 360 is well worth it, if you have a good TV imo.

I would get one now, however I lack a good TV, my current tv is smaller than my pc monitor, I could play it down stairs but thats usually occupied :(

Con
March 24th, 2007, 01:43 PM
I'm dissapointed that the helmet wont even fit on your head, if i had an xbox I wouldn't buy the legendary edition. The bonus material is bound to show up elsewhere anyway.

Pooky
March 25th, 2007, 09:52 PM
That and you're likely to watch it once and forget about it

Hurrvish
March 25th, 2007, 10:05 PM
and youre bound to find the helmet AND a shrink ray on ebay soon enough

legionaire45
March 26th, 2007, 03:07 AM
Meh, I want the book content that comes with it but after realizing that I have a few million other ways I could spend $70 im going with the normal edition.