PDA

View Full Version : Bridge CE *Vista* map

Rob Oplawar
March 17th, 2007, 12:30 PM
Hey guys, I wasn't sure where this thread belonged, so I stuck it here, hope that's alright.

With, what is it, the 8th? of May as the release date for Halo 2 Vista, by my old plans I have 3 weeks to finish and release Bridge CE, because I wanted it out at least a month before H2V. Well, that's clearly not going to happen- in fact, I fully expect the voice recording aspect of it alone to take at least a month, not to mention all the other shit I need to do. So I figure at this point it would be best to release it as a Halo 2 Vista map, but there's one problem- they say it doesn't support SP creation. No matter, someone will figure it out. If it turns out to be impossible, don't worry, I'm releasing this map one way or another.

Does anyone think it'll be possible to mod the existing tools or create a new tool to allow you to create a solo map? As far as I know Halo 2 may use a completely different system but as it's the same engine, I'm crossing my fingers that it will be similar enough to Halo 1 that we can do it with only slight modifications to existing tools. And who knows, maybe this new version of Sapien will support recorded animations! /optimism

Agamemnon
March 17th, 2007, 02:15 PM
If Kornman buys H2V, yeah.

I_Am_Error117
March 17th, 2007, 02:23 PM
YOu could release a Ce version, and then after SP can be done on H2V do another version for that

Hotrod
March 17th, 2007, 06:04 PM
I'm sure that they will make tools that will support SP. Couldn't you just use the Halo 2 Xbox modding tools with Halo 2 Vista?

Roostervier
March 17th, 2007, 06:42 PM
Probably no for the same reasons HMT can't mod CE maps that have not been converted to PC, and even more so since CE and PC are both on the PC, and Halo 2 is for the Xbox and Vista. Who knows for sure though? H2V has yet to be released.

DaneO'Roo
March 17th, 2007, 07:15 PM
^ what?

Vista is just a new OS, it is actually known as Halo 2 PC to most.

and HMT is crap.

Rob, Prometheus will solve ALL your problems :D

Rob Oplawar
March 18th, 2007, 09:36 PM
Rob, Prometheus will solve ALL your problems :D
Ah good, so that's still in the works? I got the impression things were going downhill.

I also got the impression it was for Halo CE, and I distinctly remember reading that because of internal dispute, the sp person was leaving the team meaning it would have no SP support. But don't get me wrong, now that I hear it's still on the way I'm really excited about it. T'will be handy.