PDA

View Full Version : [STEAM] Best STEAM Games, need halp quicks!!!11!

CodeBrain
December 16th, 2008, 07:52 PM
So, Im going to get a couple STEAM Games for Christmas (Thats not all of it through :P), but I cant decide what games I should get.

I currently have these games:

Audiosurf
CounterStrike-Source
Garrys Mod (ZS was awesome :D)
Half Life 2
Half Life 2 Episode 1
Half Life 2 Episode 2
Left 4 Dead (The best game I avar played :awesome:)
Portal (Companion Cubes ftw :D)
Team Fortress 2 (Fun game)
Universe At War (Horrible buy, I thought it would be fun. No one on Live, and I do mean NO ONE. High graphics game too :()

Those are it. Any moar suggestions?

Personally I am thinking of getting GTA4, Unreal Tournament, Farcry 2, or Fallout 3.

CabooseJr
December 16th, 2008, 07:54 PM
Team Fortress Classic is still a fun game to play.

Pooky
December 16th, 2008, 07:55 PM
Get the DoW and Unreal anthologies.

n00b1n8R
December 16th, 2008, 07:56 PM
Fallout 3.

BUY IT NOW!!

CodeBrain
December 16th, 2008, 08:05 PM
Get the DoW and Unreal anthologies.

Meaning the expansions?

Ifafudafi
December 16th, 2008, 08:07 PM
No, just every Unreal game ever made. :awesome:

Doom 3 + RoE expansion and CoD4/WaW would be my suggestions, unless you already have 'em for soemthing else.

And yeah, Fallout 3 is a pretty cool guy.

343guiltymc
December 16th, 2008, 08:21 PM
I never get non steam games for steam.

MetKiller Joe
December 16th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Best Unreal games were... *checks PC version he has*. The original and the one after that, imo.

GTA4: Like all GTA games, it gets somewhat monotonous after while, but its a good game until then.

Fallout 3: Take this with this a lot of salt (I'm mostly an FPS Gamer), but I just don't have time/patience for the introduction stuff that you have to go through (I played through 2-3 hours before I decided I had enough).

UT3: As previously mentioned, not a favorite, but I bought for the Editor and the Linux client that is supposedly going to come out.

FarCry 2: Haven't played, but it doesn't really look solid to be frank. From the trailer (rather demo), it looks like they tried combining the RPG element (and that killed it for me, not the fact that it was RPG just how poorly executed the concept was) with the FPS.

Then again, I also played Crysis through and thought it was a waste of my money.

Again, take this with a grain of salt.

StankBacon
December 16th, 2008, 08:37 PM

same.

CN3089
December 17th, 2008, 04:44 AM
Good, because that's sort of impossible.

Also, get Fallout 3.

n00b1n8R
December 18th, 2008, 07:36 PM
I play halo through steam :party:

StankBacon
December 18th, 2008, 07:38 PM
so do i, only so i can use gameoverlay.

Mr Buckshot
December 19th, 2008, 02:39 PM
How could any FPS gamer not have the old HL1 engine games in his Steam account???? I have two accounts and one contains only my HL1 collection, for use on an ASUS EEE. Btw there is a HL1 Source but it's a rip-off as the models and textures are still the same as in the old game - only the physics, water, and lighting were updated.

Please go for those, unless you own the old non-Steam CD versions from the past. I particularly liked Opposing Force and I hope it gets a Source port one day. CSv1.6 is still widely played today, as even a budget Netbook-type laptop can easily hit high framerates with that.

Terin
December 19th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Steam has EA games now, by the way. That adds quite a few new options to purchase.

I'd suggest getting the Half Life Anthology for $15. It comes with Half Life and the two Gearbox expansions, and Team Fortress Classic. Half Life Source is pretty good, as it's the same price as Half Life, only with some improvements. However, you'd be much better off to get the Anthology.