PDA

View Full Version : Sniper Rifle goes wut?

FRain
December 18th, 2008, 09:18 AM
SO.

I was ingaming my ancient CAD copy sniper rifle animations. All I changed in the sniper rifle.weapon tag was the model, collision model, and FP anims. I removed the 3p animation, as those are unused.

I go ingame, the contrail is missing, and there is no sound for firing. I edited something and the contrail returned but then there is still no firing sound. I have re-extracted and re-replaced models and anims, I've moved markers around and re-exported, and nothing seems to be doing it. I've been ripping my hair out for a week now trying to get this to work. Any help here?

=sw=warlord
December 18th, 2008, 09:21 AM
SO.

I was ingaming my ancient CAD copy sniper rifle animations. All I changed in the sniper rifle.weapon tag was the model, collision model, and FP anims. I removed the 3p animation, as those are unused.

I go ingame, the contrail is missing, and there is no sound for firing. I edited something and the contrail returned but then there is still no firing sound. I have re-extracted and re-replaced models and anims, I've moved markers around and re-exported, and nothing seems to be doing it. I've been ripping my hair out for a week now trying to get this to work. Any help here?
Is the sound refferenced in the weapon's tag?
if not that maybe your issue.

FRain
December 18th, 2008, 09:34 AM
... That was the very first thing I looked up.

E: It also would be in the fire.effect tag, not the weapon tag. And yes, the firing effect is referenced.

KiLLa
December 18th, 2008, 01:23 PM
you sure the marker that spawns the sound in the effect tag still exist on the model it's self?
I'm not sure if that's the case, or can I look into it, cause I don't really have the HEK at hand, but that's my random guess..

ICEE
December 18th, 2008, 03:03 PM
Are you sure you named the "#primary trigger" marker properly? if its misspelled or not there then the firing sound and particles will not exist.

FRain
December 18th, 2008, 05:24 PM
Yeah, I'll go make sure.

dark57
December 20th, 2008, 02:01 PM
this happened to me befor. were the fire effect thing is change it to a sound and put the fire sound there. then go to attachments and add the effect and flash. the marker should be primary trigger and im not really sure about the primary scale. also idk if the contrail will be there you might just need to add another effect there.

kenney001
December 20th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Open up your fp animations tag and see if he added the sound in there. If so, you should be able to play it. See if that works...