PDA

View Full Version : A Way to change a guns model but not animations or anything else?

Flames
December 20th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Is there a way to change a guns model to a different one like if you were to upgrade a GBX model how would you change the FP model the the upgraded FP render model from CE? Also how did the guy who made the silenced SMG tags make a new model for it? also does anyone know if we are ever going to be able to make new scenery and sounds and weapons or atleast extract tags?

-Flames aka pakar45

Rentafence
December 20th, 2008, 06:07 PM
Import the model of the weapon you want to replace. (Or just go in guerilla and write down the names of the nodes/frames in the model, then create them manually with the same names) Delete the mesh, but keep the nodes/frames. Link the parts of your weapon to the appropriate frames, and reposition nodes accordingly. Don't delete any of the frames/nodes or your animations won't work. then export, compile, and reference the new model in guerilla in place of the old one.

Oh woops. I though this was posted in the CE section. Sorry, I have no idea.

ShadowSpartan
December 20th, 2008, 09:02 PM
Also how did the guy who made the silenced SMG tags make a new model for it?
The silenced smg tags shipped with Halo 2 PC.

Pyong Kawaguchi
December 24th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Its simple to change the model, just hex it, also, i would suggest you put the new model in the same folder as the old one is