PDA

View Full Version : Grav lifts...

Stealth
March 18th, 2007, 05:40 PM
Does any one know where I can find grav lift tags? I would make my own, but I would like some tags to use as a refence so I know how to get them to work right, and a few other things.

Rob Oplawar
March 18th, 2007, 09:12 PM
I don't know where to find them, but they're generally a Halo 2 engine sort of thing- I saw them in one map, but they were kinda screwy and irritating, and were using some weird tweaky way of getting it to work, cause the Blam engine isn't cut out for it.

btw, trippy sig, I like it. I'ma go get some asprin now...

Hotrod
March 18th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Wasn't there grav lifts in H2 Coagulation? I think there were also some in H2CE's Warlock. Your sig is cool.

Rob Oplawar
March 18th, 2007, 10:04 PM
ah, so that's how they do it. it just seems to me a bad thing to have an infinite number of projectiles spawning from a scenery object/device, especially in an mp game. seems like it would have trouble synching.

Stealth
March 18th, 2007, 10:11 PM
I don't know where to find them, but they're generally a Halo 2 engine sort of thing- I saw them in one map, but they were kinda screwy and irritating, and were using some weird tweaky way of getting it to work, cause the Blam engine isn't cut out for it.

btw, trippy sig, I like it. I'ma go get some asprin now...
ya, but what I'm trying to do is make something for Halo CE, that doesn't lag, or cause any problems like the Grav lifts every one use, but I need the grav lift tags to find out a good way to make them work, and then I can get started on the none laging grav lift, it it'll take some work... :eyesroll:

Wasn't there grav lifts in H2 Coagulation? I think there were also some in H2CE's Warlock. Your sig is cool.
ya there was, and I'm not going to rip CMT's grav lift tags after Masterz told me no, and the H2CE maps do have them, but that tags are so hard to find the right set of tags to use them, kind of like trying to mod CMT's maps.

They're not all that difficult, all they do is shoot up an infinite number of invisible projectiles with force from the ground. Why not just make one yourself?
I want to make some my self, but I would like the tags of a working grav lift to use as a guide so I can get them right.

And as for the sig, just about every one has been telling me I'm a pain, and before now, I wasn't much of one, but now... I am.:lol:

Rob Oplawar
March 18th, 2007, 10:25 PM
And as for the sig, just about every one has been telling me I'm a pain,
no really i like it
/offtopic =P

SnaFuBAR
March 19th, 2007, 12:55 AM
we had perfectly working lifts in advent:eyesroll:
nearly perfect.

SnaFuBAR
March 19th, 2007, 01:09 AM
nope, i sure don't feel like sharing any part of that. :) mostly because it was a friend's work, and he doesn't remember how he did it.

SnaFuBAR
March 19th, 2007, 02:07 AM
Fair enough. :p
who is it you're reminding me of on gbx:p
he's like annoying as hell:p
and always uses the :p emote a bunch of times in his post:p
i think he signs his posts too :p

ANNOYING GOSH:mad:

Hunter
March 19th, 2007, 03:00 PM
grav lifts lag like hell wen u arnt hosting in MP but in SP they are ok.

Hotrod
March 19th, 2007, 04:18 PM
I think that that's the reason why CMT used teleporters instead of grav lifts in their new Coagulation.

Stealth
March 19th, 2007, 04:26 PM
ya, but I would like to make two grav lifts, one that goes down, and one that goes up, the one that goes down isn't that hard to make I think, I just need to play around with the teleports abit, but the grav lifts I have a theorey that I can make a grav lift that doesn't lag like that, but it'll take some time, and the tags to make them work, and all I'm asking if for some tags that some one has used for the grav lifts, if you don't want to post the link for the public to see and download it, please just send me a PM with the link in it.

Hurrvish
March 19th, 2007, 04:30 PM
the grav lift going down... wouldnt a hole in the floor suffice?

Stealth
March 19th, 2007, 04:35 PM
lol, ya good point, but I'm talking on that goes slow, and doesn't cause damage to your health.

Hotrod
March 19th, 2007, 04:48 PM
There's a grav lift that goes downwards in Extinction, and it doesn't make the game lag. It goes slow and it doesn't hurt your health either. You could maybe look at that one for some ideas.

Stealth
March 19th, 2007, 04:50 PM
I'll do that, it sounds like it works well.

Master Chief
March 20th, 2007, 08:24 AM
i think that the grav lift in extintion is just falling, and you dont have fall damage. reason being, that i once fell into the ravine in the middle of the map, and didnt die...lmao

itszutak
March 20th, 2007, 01:42 PM
Yeah. All it is is a high-up teleport. :/

Namely, you can "slide" in the air out of it and hit the ground quite a bit away xD

Stealth
March 21st, 2007, 10:48 AM
So, does any one know where I can get some grav lift tags?

Rob Oplawar
March 21st, 2007, 11:38 PM
did you do a search on halomaps.org?

Stealth
March 22nd, 2007, 01:23 AM
ya, I did that before I asked here, and I tryed to ask Masterz for the tags.

Hotrod
March 22nd, 2007, 01:20 PM
Well, it seems like the only choice that I can think of now is figuring it out yourself, or try to convince Masterz to help you.

AAA
March 22nd, 2007, 02:17 PM
I think I have a Grav Lift, holdon. lemme finish up chores and I'll check. Update in....30 minutes? at most.

EDIT: Back, okay. I know you can get the scenery gravlift from the map I released called H2 Relic, so, rip it from that. and I have a grav lift in this picture it works great, just...if you want to put it in that grav lift scenery thingy from H2 Relic, you're gonna have to cut the size of that beautiful looking grav lift in the picture. So, post your XFire and I'll send you the tag.

http://liveu-64.vo.llnwd.net/flurl/media2/jpg/2007/3/22/FLURL-dot-com-239569_gravliftstuff.JPG

SnaFuBAR
March 22nd, 2007, 03:07 PM
use /shot tags.

AAA
March 22nd, 2007, 03:13 PM
Shot tags? You mean the thing that pushes you up in therE? I don't have it and I can't find it. That's the only thing I have

Stealth
March 22nd, 2007, 03:14 PM
Well, it seems like the only choice that I can think of now is figuring it out yourself, or try to convince Masterz to help you.
I'm going to at lest try to figer it out my self, and as for convincing masterz to help me, he hates me, end of story, the only way I can get him to help me if I take a nice big gun and point it at his head and tell him to STFU and help me, along with a few other things. :eyesroll:

I think I have a Grav Lift, holdon. lemme finish up chores and I'll check. Update in....30 minutes? at most.

EDIT: Back, okay. I know you can get the scenery gravlift from the map I released called H2 Relic, so, rip it from that. and I have a grav lift in this picture it works great, just...if you want to put it in that grav lift scenery thingy from H2 Relic, you're gonna have to cut the size of that beautiful looking grav lift in the picture. So, post your XFire and I'll send you the tag.
http://liveu-64.vo.llnwd.net/flurl/media2/jpg/2007/3/22/FLURL-dot-com-239569_gravliftstuff.JPG

3 things,
#1 just PM or Email me that tags, if or in about 1 1/2 hours after this reply has been posted, send me a IM with a link so I can download it and give it a try.
#2 Plz use Shot tags ({shot}, {wshot}) , or Thumb nail tags ({thumb}).
#3 My Xfire is Stealththeassassin, and I'm not loged on right now, only use Xfire on week ends if I remember to click on the Xfire Icon.

Abstract.Error
March 22nd, 2007, 03:21 PM
The worst gravity lift ever = Frag Grenade that pushes you up when you step on it, dealing no damage,:confused2:

Stealth
March 22nd, 2007, 03:27 PM
The worst gravity lift ever = Frag Grenade that pushes you up when you step on it, dealing no damage,:confused2:
Um, what does that have to do with any thing I've been talking about?

AAA
March 22nd, 2007, 04:34 PM
Um, what does that have to do with any thing I've been talking about?

It doesn't, soo. I'll send you the tag this weekend and I don't have the literal grav lift from H2 Relic, I lost it in reinstallation and you're gonna have to retrieve it yourself on the map here: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=2433

By the way, I'll send it to you after I find out what the hell are shot tags???

SnaFuBAR
March 22nd, 2007, 05:51 PM
shot tags are for images larger than 800x600 so when you post them it doesn't stretch the page ever so inconveniently.

TeeKup
March 22nd, 2007, 05:57 PM
Thanks for reminding me, I had wondered how they did that. Teekie, spill it.

Heh dont look at me, I just modeled crap.

EDIT: No the grav lift in extinction actually does slow you down. You dont crouch like you would after a normal fall.

Masterz1337
March 22nd, 2007, 07:12 PM
I'm going to at lest try to figer it out my self, and as for convincing masterz to help me, he hates me, end of story, the only way I can get him to help me if I take a nice big gun and point it at his head and tell him to STFU and help me, along with a few other things. :eyesroll:

3 things,
#1 just PM or Email me that tags, if or in about 1 1/2 hours after this reply has been posted, send me a IM with a link so I can download it and give it a try.
#2 Plz use Shot tags ({shot}, {wshot}) , or Thumb nail tags ({thumb}).
#3 My Xfire is Stealththeassassin, and I'm not loged on right now, only use Xfire on week ends if I remember to click on the Xfire Icon.
That is the H2 Coag Grav lift that AAA speaks of.

Abstract.Error
March 22nd, 2007, 07:36 PM
Um, what does that have to do with any thing I've been talking about? I know, i was referring to the gravity lift, i know, you we're talking about that you needed gravity lift tags so you could make your own.

AAA
March 22nd, 2007, 08:37 PM

Really? I didn't know you could get stuff outta that map =O

*not being sarcastic*

Stealth
March 22nd, 2007, 09:18 PM
Hey Masterz, you had your chance to help, and you said no, so beat it.

I know, i was referring to the gravity lift, i know, you we're talking about that you needed gravity lift tags so you could make your own.
yes, I'm going to make my own, but I would like to see some Grav lift tags so I can use them as a learning tool, so if I mess up on something, I can go back and find out what I messed up on.

Really? I didn't know you could get stuff outta that map =O

*not being sarcastic*
I believe you AAA, don't worry.

Btd69
March 22nd, 2007, 09:30 PM
Dude don't make him go emo again.. i'm not cleaning up after you kids anymore.

Masterz1337
March 22nd, 2007, 10:14 PM
Hey Masterz, you had your chance to help, and you said no, so beat it.

yes, I'm going to make my own, but I would like to see some Grav lift tags so I can use them as a learning tool, so if I mess up on something, I can go back and find out what I messed up on.

I believe you AAA, don't worry.
I think you mis understood. I said you can't use the grav lift, that doesn't mean someone else who has the tags can give you permission to use it.

Stealth
March 22nd, 2007, 11:33 PM
I think you mis understood. I said you can't use the grav lift, that doesn't mean someone else who has the tags can give you permission to use it.
Oh, so now you're my boss, in fact, nrm lets not go there before things get too out of hand, now may I ask why I can't use it? is it because you think that I don't know how to use that tags?