PDA

View Full Version : ??

FluffyDucky™
December 24th, 2008, 04:22 AM
So like, I don't know if it's because I'm on my cousins computer but... where the fuck are my three HCEL threads? Don't tell me they are like.. gone... :gonk:

CodeBrain
December 24th, 2008, 04:33 AM
Remember what that script kiddie wanted?

"The removal of the HCEL Thread and the banning of Ducky"

It could be that the admins followed his demands...

Or....its just disappeared for a moment.

:P

I personally think its the second one :D

FluffyDucky™
December 24th, 2008, 04:36 AM
Lmao, lets hope so. :) Spesh for me.. :(

Kornman00
December 24th, 2008, 06:47 AM
Thread deleted by TheGhost (http://www.modacity.net/forums/member.php?u=1)
Reason: attacker's request

I'm very tempted to undelete those threads...

n00b1n8R
December 24th, 2008, 06:58 AM
:|

PlasbianX
December 24th, 2008, 07:24 AM
Wait are you serious?! The attacker had a request to close those threads?! LOL

FluffyDucky™
December 24th, 2008, 07:51 AM
Are you fucking serious? Well, I kinda need the information in those threads... if that was serious... wow, just wow.

e: PMing, might as well just lock this. :)

CodeBrain
December 24th, 2008, 08:16 AM
Sorry ducky, turns out it WAS the first one. :(

Oh well.

FluffyDucky™
December 24th, 2008, 08:24 AM
Funny that aye? :(

TeeKup
December 24th, 2008, 09:29 AM
How revolting. I hope the hacker burns in a camp fire.

Syuusuke
December 24th, 2008, 10:04 AM
How sad. All that just get a section down...

AT this point I would do something to piss off the hacker, but I'm not a duck, neither am I fluffy, so...

mech
December 24th, 2008, 10:25 AM
It must've been a hpt kid with no life but halo, they do this alot.

TheGhost
December 24th, 2008, 11:19 AM
The attacker's initial request was to close down the CE section and ban Ducky. After talking with him for a while, he said that as long as the HCE league was not run off this site, he would stop attacking. For the relief, it was simple to soft delete those 3 threads. If you have any specific concerns about this manner, please PM me.

Kornman00
December 24th, 2008, 11:34 AM
blame jcap

ThePlague
December 24th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Woah, wait...you took a request from a hacker? Or am I just too tired to see that you guys are using sarcasm?

Jelly
December 24th, 2008, 11:47 AM
Woah, wait...you took a request from a hacker? Or am I just too tired to see that you guys are using sarcasm?
Buy a big expensive server or close a few threads. It was the best thing to do.

Sel
December 24th, 2008, 11:47 AM
No, they actually did remove it to stop the DDoS. Also I need that info, give it to me ducky or bacon.

ThePlague
December 24th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Buy a big expensive server or close a few threads. It was the best thing to do.
Alright, i'm glad this place is back. But sorry Ducky for loosing your thread, that sucks man.

StankBacon
December 24th, 2008, 01:34 PM
It must've been a hpt kid with no life but halo, they do this alot.

its sodomy, the hpt league owner.

supersniper
December 24th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Sodomy... rings a bell in the hacking world...

Anyways Ducky, they at the htp league were just jealous that HCEL was a huge success and theirs sucked balls.

I would say host it at hivclan.net but that site's down as well :conspiracy:

Sel
December 24th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Yeah because it got DDoS'd too...

Terry
December 24th, 2008, 03:00 PM
its sodomy, the hpt league owner.

Do we have any proof at all that it is him? Because it could very well be someone else. I figured Ducky would have a clue as to who it is.

Sel
December 24th, 2008, 03:03 PM
Blackzilla?

y/n?

FluffyDucky™
December 24th, 2008, 04:53 PM
The attacker's initial request was to close down the CE section and ban Ducky. After talking with him for a while, he said that as long as the HCE league was not run off this site, he would stop attacking. For the relief, it was simple to soft delete those 3 threads. If you have any specific concerns about this manner, please PM me.

Wow... those PC people are fucking clueless. I'll PM I don't want to waste my anger in a thread about stupid people doing stupid things.

Also, hat blackzilla guy is the sodomy guy people are speaking of. He is the only one apart from Sam who was "upset" about the league. Sam even said to me that it was Sodomy or some associate of his that was DDosing the site.

Hunter
December 24th, 2008, 04:55 PM
I hope that guy gets run over the tea bagged by a fat granny.

Motherfucker, if I knew him I would knock shit through him *cracks nucles*

It is pathetic, the guy is masterbating over hardware and hacking websites because he doesnt like something. Dick head, If I had the money and knew where he lived I would fly over the the USand put him in hospitle.

blind
December 24th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Anyways Ducky, they at the htp league were just jealous that HCEL was a huge success and theirs sucked balls.

haha

FluffyDucky™
December 24th, 2008, 05:06 PM
We should go fuck up the HPT site, OMG LULZ that would be a classic. :)

Also,

TheGhost has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

Sure, we will PM email you...

FluffyDucky™
December 24th, 2008, 05:29 PM
I would say host it at hivclan.net but that site's down as well :conspiracy:

Sorry for double post but yeah, they ddosed [HIV] too apparently.

ultama121
December 24th, 2008, 06:08 PM
I applaud these guys for their maturity. It obviously shows their supremacy. http://sa.tweek.us/emots/images/emot-downsbravo.gif

Apoc4lypse
December 24th, 2008, 06:21 PM
If u have proof that it is this guy and possibly an ip address to trace, report it to the authorities, itd be great to watch this guy go down over something as stupid as this and he deserves it too, however hacking back their site isn't the answer because they could possibliy do what I just said to you.

TheGhost
December 24th, 2008, 08:04 PM
Also,

TheGhost has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

Ooops, I accidentally disabled my private messages when changing my usergroup. Fixed it.

TeeKup
December 24th, 2008, 08:11 PM
The person who did this is a parasite and nothing more. He's probably the same IRL, a worthless parasite on the ass of society.

SnaFuBAR
December 24th, 2008, 08:22 PM
feel sorry for him, he probably gets beat up a lot.

Bastinka
December 24th, 2008, 09:17 PM
What does HCEL even stand for?

The name of the thread always kept me from clicking it, weird names just piss me off.

StankBacon
December 24th, 2008, 09:42 PM

Halo Custom Edition League.

FRain
December 24th, 2008, 09:52 PM
Fucking script kiddies. Put the threads back up.

E: Read rest of the thread. If this guy has a site we should return the favor to him and DDoS the shit out of his site, to the third power.

NuggetWarmer
December 24th, 2008, 10:43 PM
Pussies.

Just get the guy arrested. :-/

FRain
December 24th, 2008, 10:52 PM
That works, too.

Terry
December 25th, 2008, 08:38 AM
Pussies.

Just get the guy arrested. :-/

It's alot more complicated than that. They'd need to find the guy and if he took certain measures, which he most likely did, then it'll be hard.

supersniper
December 25th, 2008, 11:04 AM
make another website but only tell people in the HCEL league about it so then it doesn't get too public and then Sodomy can't find it. Have like a private HCEL website.

I'd say that would work.

Heathen
December 25th, 2008, 11:48 AM
http://www.salemthesoldier.us/negotiate.jpg
While I agree that this is better than buying crap, tis still upsetting.

STLRamsFan
December 25th, 2008, 06:00 PM
Ooops, I accidentally disabled my private messages when changing my usergroup. Fixed it.

Nice one, I had to type that PM I sent you twice on my Blackberry... :rolleyes:
Oh well, it's all good.

Boss™
December 25th, 2008, 06:54 PM
Just like to clear something up. Sodomy isn't Blackzilla. Those are 2 different people all together. But Sodomy is one of the biggest hackers who play this game. You can't get him arrested unless this site is a business, because then that's a federal offense. Remember the Halo looping? That was disrupting business with NFO (nuclearfallout.net) and gameservers.com. They lost money because people were getting angry. If a random kid decides to DDoS this server, it wouldn't matter for the authorities, because they wouldn't care. It's stupid, but it's true.

SnaFuBAR
December 25th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Where do you get your info? Back of a cereal box?

ZeRk`
December 25th, 2008, 06:57 PM
What the fuck. So was it actually Sodomy?

Kalub
December 25th, 2008, 07:03 PM
No one point any fingers, it was just a faggot, for the moment anyways.

supersniper
December 25th, 2008, 09:40 PM
Doesn't Sodomy = faggot though???

TeeKup
December 25th, 2008, 10:03 PM
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sodomy

No.

FluffyDucky™
December 25th, 2008, 10:20 PM
It could also be VooDoo (Blackzilla), the guy who had a massive cry about me not letting his team play. I haven't been told much, as far as I know, all he has said is that he is a HPT player.

Kalub
December 25th, 2008, 10:20 PM
... My version of faggot is not the same as a fag/gay person.

:gurren-awesome:

StankBacon
December 25th, 2008, 11:34 PM
Just like to clear something up. Sodomy isn't Blackzilla.

no shit.

Masterz1337
December 26th, 2008, 12:00 AM
Do the HCEL on the gearbox forums. He tries to take the site down, gearbox will deal with him then.

Heathen
December 26th, 2008, 12:09 AM
We needa eagle eye this bitch.

Great movie :D

StankBacon
December 26th, 2008, 07:24 AM
Do the HCEL on the gearbox forums. He tries to take the site down, gearbox will deal with him then.

this.

FluffyDucky™
December 26th, 2008, 08:04 AM
No, it won't go well. I chose Modacity because you can actually see the threads, the CE section is hidden away in the old games area or whatever isn't it? Even Dr said there was no point posting anything there in the first place.

StankBacon
December 26th, 2008, 08:31 AM
yah but justin can make his hceleague.com url redirect to the thread like he did here.

plus you can just put it in ot..

STLRamsFan
December 26th, 2008, 09:24 AM
It's the best thing you can do Ducky. Better than not having a thread at all.

InnerGoat
December 26th, 2008, 09:48 AM
yah but justin can make his hceleague.com url redirect to the thread like he did here.

plus you can just put it in ot..CE threads go in the CE section.

Kalub
December 26th, 2008, 10:09 AM
Says who.... <:downs:>

p0lar_bear
December 26th, 2008, 12:22 PM
You can't get him arrested unless this site is a business, because then that's a federal offense.

If we find out who he is (name and address), then we can at least serve him, get him to court, and sue for damages as long as we have the evidence. Ghost DID spend money on the server and support from his hosting service in an attempt to shrug off the attacks, but to no avail.

This is also considered extortion: remove a member and a section from the forums, or we'll render your site useless. Extortion is illegal. Granted, it's not being done to a bigtime corporation, but it's still extortion.

Masterz1337
December 26th, 2008, 04:28 PM
CE threads go in the CE section.

The CMT thread is in Tech talk.

ZeRk`
December 26th, 2008, 08:43 PM
Well there is always Invisionfree.

SnaFuBAR
December 26th, 2008, 09:15 PM
There is always stfu as well. Don't act like a smartass; these forums are provided to you free.

supersniper
December 26th, 2008, 09:48 PM
There is always stfu as well. Don't act like a smartass; these forums are provided to you free.This, listen he knows what he's saying.

Heathen
December 26th, 2008, 09:50 PM
kissass. Its just snaf.

E: and eat shit you little bastard, supersniper.

TeeKup
December 26th, 2008, 09:59 PM
Im the only one allowed to kiss snafs ass. Sorry I have a thing for the blacks.

Heathen
December 26th, 2008, 10:02 PM
OH
YOUR
GOD

Snaf's Black?!
lulz, jk. I knew that snaf.
Incredible...

p0lar_bear
December 26th, 2008, 11:17 PM
Well there is always Invisionfree.

Unfortunately, Invisionfree sucks for what we need. While I have experience working with Invision Power Board, the version they supply is not as flexible as we'd like it to be.

In addition, that is only a forum, and nothing more. Right now we have a whole server available to us. We plan on doing more than just running a crummy website off of it. %-)

FluffyDucky™
December 26th, 2008, 11:50 PM
Well, I hope you get the fag.

supersniper
December 27th, 2008, 12:58 AM
kissass. Its just snaf.Because I agree with him that makes me a kissass...

Wow you dumbass.

Heathen
December 27th, 2008, 01:01 AM
Because I agree with him that makes me a kissass...

Wow you dumbass.

hm, you forgot to quote part of it.

Bodzilla
December 27th, 2008, 01:15 AM
would you guys shut the fuck up about kissing peoples ass.

like wtf, honestly. This was about the Fucktard that Took down Modacity and the reason why the HCEL threads are gone.

Heathen
December 27th, 2008, 01:52 AM
Well he is butthurt over a joke I made.

p0lar_bear
December 27th, 2008, 05:20 AM
Take your PMS to PMs please.

Terry
December 27th, 2008, 07:57 AM
Wait, why are you putting down Zerk's idea? Put the HCEL on an Invisionfree then. I don't think it would matter too much.

NullZero
December 27th, 2008, 08:37 AM
I don't know how secure IF is, but I think it's hackable.

Jelly
December 27th, 2008, 09:13 AM
Wait, why are you putting down Zerk's idea? Put the HCEL on an Invisionfree then. I don't think it would matter too much.
I think Snaf misinterpreted Zerk's post; InvisionFree is a good idea if the CE section of Gearbox isn't possible or allowed, since it would possibly lead to an attack.

SnaFuBAR
December 27th, 2008, 11:07 AM
What makes you think he wouldn't just attack that? He wasn't targeting modacity for anything but HCEL.

Sel
December 27th, 2008, 12:34 PM
No one is saying he wouldn't attack another forum, there would be more of a response since invision free makes its money from advertisements, and since multiple forums are hosted on the same servers, they could stand to lose a lot of money from that. If the ddos'er attacked them, it would be far more likely to provoke a response than what happened here.

Same goes to GBX.

FRain
December 27th, 2008, 06:10 PM
What ^ said. If he attacks GBX, an actual corporation/business/company then they CAN get the law into it, but the question is will they. Not too sure if IF would work that way. If it did they'd have to hack every IF board, if I'm not mistaken, and that would get messy. Either way, if they DDoS GBX or IF, then it's going to get messy.

E: Which then it's a good idea because then you use GBX or IF as bait to get them to attack GBX or IF which then gets the law involved, making this guy go away.

Not sure if it's 1 person or more, so I just put pronouns using they, them, etc.

FluffyDucky™
December 27th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Me like idea. :)

p0lar_bear
December 27th, 2008, 10:15 PM
Unfortunately, I don't think Gearbox is willing to risk their servers for little old us, and it feels a bit asshole-like to just force it on them.

Masterz1337
December 28th, 2008, 12:44 AM
They've treated CE like a bad stain on the carpet all this time. Gearbox can't shut down a thread because a hacker demands it.

El Lobo
December 28th, 2008, 01:01 AM
I know how to hack, I'll handle this.

Heathen
December 28th, 2008, 01:06 AM
lul, that makes me feel silly in my stomach.

STLRamsFan
December 28th, 2008, 09:50 AM
Hey Ducky check your PMs, just got an idea.

ZeRk`
December 28th, 2008, 10:45 AM
There is always stfu as well. Don't act like a smartass; these forums are provided to you free.

What?

We can't run HCEL off these forums anymore I was trying to offer a solution. Thank you.
Just give people the link to the IF forums. Or the GBX idea or something.

dark57
December 28th, 2008, 02:55 PM
maybe halomaps? he might not hack them.

Heathen
December 28th, 2008, 03:24 PM
maybe halomaps? he might not hack them.
Thats lol on a few levels.

FluffyDucky™
December 28th, 2008, 04:49 PM
I might just create a site on the hceleague.com url seeing as justin bought it, but then again, the hackers would easily fuck that up... :( So maybe I will just post it on GBX, it's hidden anyway so most of the GBX members won't even realise.

The threads not anything that I desperately need for the league to keep going, all I need is the players list (in deadline thread), and the maplist (in main discussion thread), and pretty much all the info in the process thread. I do have all the screenshots, but silly me, didnt think that a hacker would demand threads to be pulled down, so no... I didn't make copies o the points and etc. :)

StankBacon
December 28th, 2008, 05:11 PM
the threads should still be viewable by admins, so im sure you can recover your posts..

InnerGoat
December 28th, 2008, 05:32 PM
They've treated CE like a bad stain on the carpet all this time. Gearbox can't shut down a thread because a hacker demands it.We do as #gbh tells us sir.

I know how to hack, I'll handle this.welcome back El_Lobo!

Terry
December 28th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Seriously, just utilize GBX. Everyone who is interested in the league will find it, and it is much safer this way. Sodomy or whoever is doing this isn't likely to attempt attacking the GBX forums.

If you really want to do this, then do it there. Don't let some immature child who can't get what he wants get in the way of your fun.

StankBacon
December 28th, 2008, 06:39 PM
vote for gbx.

Blackzilla
December 28th, 2008, 06:58 PM
It could also be VooDoo (Blackzilla), the guy who had a massive cry about me not letting his team play. I haven't been told much, as far as I know, all he has said is that he is a HPT player.

You are a douchebag.

PS: I actually have absolutely nothing to do with this. I don't know who did this. If you really think HPT is "shitty", just come there and play, you won't win 1 game against any of the decent teams. And for the last time, stop pointing fingers at others. Yes I was mad at the fact that you did not let my team play, but not crazy enough to ddos (let alone even know what it means)

pz`
-Voodoo

FluffyDucky™
December 28th, 2008, 08:00 PM
We will point fingers at people as much as we like. The fact that this mysterious hacker said he was a HPT player just makes it more of a coincidence to put the blame on you. I really doubt some random, for absolutely no fucking reason would just ddos the forums and demand banning me and removing the threads.

Obviously it is someone who was in some way interacting with the HCEL, unless you could provide another reason why someone would do this? For one they would have to know me, and two would have to know the HCEL and modacity forums. The blame game will continue until we find out exactly who it is. People will deny it even if it was them, so even if you say it wasn't you, how do we know your not just lying? The same goes for Sodomy and Sam.

It's called karma, it will come back and bite them in the fucking ass, whoever it is, even if it's somone we haven't "pointed" at yet. :)

Sel
December 28th, 2008, 08:03 PM
Ducky I thought you said it was me :downs:

FluffyDucky™
December 28th, 2008, 08:04 PM
/joke

TeeKup
December 28th, 2008, 08:19 PM
You are a douchebag.

PS: I actually have absolutely nothing to do with this. I don't know who did this. If you really think HPT is "shitty", just come there and play, you won't win 1 game against any of the decent teams. And for the last time, stop pointing fingers at others. Yes I was mad at the fact that you did not let my team play, but not crazy enough to ddos (let alone even know what it means)

pz`
-Voodoo

Go away.

StankBacon
December 28th, 2008, 08:25 PM
just fucking post the threads on gbx, and link the domain to the thread...

end of story.

FluffyDucky™
December 28th, 2008, 08:53 PM
Well I need the info from the threads to do that. Otherwise I'll be spending way to much time going threw all the screens and adding up points and etc when I've already done it, and it took me ages.

Let alone can't even remember the maplist, and player list. So, until an admin can PM me the info as it appeared in the threads (if possible), nothing will be posted in GBX.

Bodzilla
December 28th, 2008, 08:56 PM
PM's are your friend.

FluffyDucky™
December 28th, 2008, 08:58 PM
Apparently the HCELeague.com site is being set up so it has a proper home, or something along the lines. :)

Con
December 29th, 2008, 12:35 AM
I get to make the banner, anyone have suggestions for logos and such?

n00b1n8R
December 29th, 2008, 04:33 AM
http://gameserpent.com/gameicons/halo_small.jpg
&
CE

Jelly
December 29th, 2008, 05:27 AM
&

L

FRain
January 1st, 2009, 09:44 PM
&
E

Sever
January 1st, 2009, 10:00 PM
&G

Sever
January 1st, 2009, 10:12 PM
&E

Heathen
January 1st, 2009, 10:15 PM
I cant believe that went uninterrupted.

FRain
January 1st, 2009, 11:17 PM
LEGE?

Fail.

FluffyDucky™
January 1st, 2009, 11:22 PM
Lmao, true.

Sever
January 1st, 2009, 11:35 PM
Somebody deleted their posts, *cough*HEATHEN*cough*.