PDA

View Full Version : [CRYSIS] Demo Specs = Retail Specs

Lex1337
December 24th, 2008, 09:59 PM
Ok I just ran the Crysis Demo on my new computer. It had a good performance on high settings and worked perfectly on medium settings. Does this mean I will be able to use the retail game on this comp?

Bastinka
December 24th, 2008, 10:10 PM
To simply answer your question, probably yes.

Other then that, Crysis sucks and your computer must be a monster to run that game on high. Also depends on the Resolution.

Lex1337
December 24th, 2008, 10:31 PM
To simply answer your question, probably yes.

Other then that, Crysis sucks and your computer must be a monster to run that game on high. Also depends on the Resolution.
lol, I thought it was kinda good. Thanks, I probably won't buy the game but at least I know my comp. will run it.

Sel
December 24th, 2008, 11:18 PM
You will be able to run it better than on the demo. Probably not a whole lot better, but the retail version has patches that have fixed several memory leaks, and improved performance.

So yes.

Crysis sucks

The above quote is false.

Xetsuei
January 3rd, 2009, 06:09 PM

Lol, fail. I've been able to run it on high 1024x768 with an Intel C2D E6300, 2GB of DDR2 667, and a GeForce 6800GS for an average of about 30 fps. It's not as demanding as most people think, only when you up the resolution.

BobtheGreatII
January 4th, 2009, 12:21 AM
Lol, fail. I've been able to run it on high 1024x768 with an Intel C2D E6300, 2GB of DDR2 667, and a GeForce 6800GS for an average of about 30 fps. It's not as demanding as most people think, only when you up the resolution.

Bet that looks nice... :puke:

Amit
January 4th, 2009, 04:21 PM

To be honest, it doesn't look too bad even at that resolution. I run at 1280x1024 with mixtures of Low/Med/High settings.

itszutak
January 6th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Ever heard of centered timings? No stretching at all.

Mr Buckshot
January 14th, 2009, 01:27 AM
Of course, man, it's a good thing you dled the demo before buying the game if you were nervous about performance.

For ANY kind of PC game, if you run the demo well, you can run the full game with absolutely no problems, unless there's a hard drive space issue. Really simple question with simple answer.

Crysis is...pretty fun, but I wouldn't put it as one of my favorites.

jngrow
January 18th, 2009, 02:11 AM
Crysis' fun level can very greatly. Overall I enjoyed it.

=sw=warlord
February 23rd, 2009, 10:37 AM
I enjoyed crysis right upto the point where i had all my weapons taken off and shoved into that alien ship...that was not fun...

Sel
February 23rd, 2009, 02:58 PM
I enjoyed crysis right upto the point where i had all my weapons taken off and shoved into that alien ship...that was not fun...

You get them all back, and a new fucking sweet gun shortly after finishing that level, so :S

itszutak
February 23rd, 2009, 05:56 PM
You get them all back, and a new fucking sweet gun shortly after finishing that level, so :S
Yeah but then it got boring and linear :<

Mr Buckshot
February 23rd, 2009, 11:11 PM
Eh, Crysis today is kind of what Doom 3 was back in 2004...groundbreaking technology (namely graphics), but the gameplay was nothing particularly special, although I found Crysis a lot more entertaining than Doom 3. However, Doom 3's engine later powered significantly more appealing games like Quake 4 and ETQW, so maybe someone will use the Crysis engine for something cooler.