PDA

View Full Version : [MAP] Cairo Station by DMT

Inferno
December 28th, 2008, 03:04 PM
PROJECT THO---- FFFFFF I MEAN CAIRO STATION RELEASE
Well turns out Project Thor isn't going to be done till like February because I'm still working on cutscenes/story elements/voice actors so I'm releasing this mod that was just sitting around doing nothing.

-Cairo Station- IF YOU HAVE DOWNLOADED THIS MAP MAKE SURE YOU REDOWNLOAD THE UPDATED VERSION. THE OLD VERSION WAS BORKED MKAY
It's Hugeass in space.

Vehicles have been balanced out a little better I'm not going to completely explain the balance of powers here because it's not much different than any other vehicle CTF map.

Vehicles:
-Gauss\Missile Longsword (q is broken and does weird shit)
-Missile\Chain gun Pelican (q is suicide bomb)
-Chain gun\Missile Jet

-Mhog
-Ghog (Q is radio in ghogs - Song is In Front of Me by Big D and the kids table)

-Chain gun Turret (for lulz)

Their are 3 paths through the map:
-Flying: Over, around, or below the station.
-Walking: Their is a foot path down the center of the station
-Driving: Around the perimeter of the station

Weaponry:
Pistol
AR (with customary hugeass grenade launcher)
Sniper (Fuck your jets nigga)
Anti Air rocket launcher (3 seconds of rapid beeping then it goes to a solid tone and you can fire)
Shotgun (also for the lulz)

Gametypes:
CTF
SLAYER
CTF
CTF
CTF
CTF
(WARNING DO NOT PLAY RACE ON THIS MAP YOU WILL FACE UNIMAGINABLE TORCHER. THIS IS YOUR ONLY WARNING)

Spawns:
You spawn in a hanger and you teleport out. Simple as that. No spawn camping cause their is no way back in.

Final Notes:
This map isn't totally "complete" so yes their are some minor issues\glitches\etc. It would have turned out better but I could never get the vehicle health system to work.

If there are any MAJOR bugs that need fixing tell me soon because I will upload to halo maps tomorrow. Thanks guy and a merry (3 day late) Christmas.

Pictures: (low quality jpeg ewwww)
http://www.freewebs.com/infernosk8terstuff/cairo%20pictures.JPG
Credits:
Bungie for original Cairo Station model
Tiamat for tags\inspiration to do a good VCTF map

Downloads:
V3 Download DOWNLOAD MOTHER FUCKER (http://rapidshare.com/files/177999038/Dmt-Cairo_Station.rar.html)
Halomaps DOWNLOAD (http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=4260)

Ridiculously unnecessary subliminal messages? Pffftttt yeah right.

Alwin Roth
December 28th, 2008, 03:12 PM
OMFG I LOVE YOU

is the outside of the station like that steel skin???

Heathen
December 28th, 2008, 03:23 PM
This is quite cool.

Inferno
December 28th, 2008, 03:48 PM
OMFG I LOVE YOU

is the outside of the station like that steel skin???

Yeah its like that titanium Armour stuff. The textures and model came from h2. Although some of the bumps are mine.

edit-
Forgot to mention. Blame all horrible UV's on Entity 1.3 or Bungie.

I'll host this on my 1.0 dedi if you guys want to play. Post here if you want this.

jngrow
December 28th, 2008, 04:04 PM
The shineyness burns my eyes. Tone down that, it will be 50x better and i will dl. Because it does look pretty cool.

Inferno
December 28th, 2008, 04:06 PM
That is the toned down shinyness. Bumped cube maps are always over shiny and without bumps the map is quite bland. So it was a trade.

Ki11a_FTW
December 28th, 2008, 05:10 PM
I remember testing this with you, good job

Inferno
December 28th, 2008, 06:07 PM
Well for those of you downloaders go a head and delete that version its borked. I'll upload a new one in the next few hours.

ramis92
December 28th, 2008, 08:20 PM
That was fun, except for the minor errors. Secret room was hilarious. I'll play the next version with ya.

FluffyDucky™
December 29th, 2008, 06:45 AM
Lmao, another map that will be popular, like coldsnap and hugeass. I'm gonna upload it to the HCEL server, see how many people play it, and I'll check it out too! :D

e: oh cool, no link...

Alwin Roth
December 29th, 2008, 10:49 AM
That was fun, except for the minor errors. Secret room was hilarious. I'll play the next version with ya.

wheres the secret room?

Inferno
December 29th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Lmao, another map that will be popular, like coldsnap and hugeass. I'm gonna upload it to the HCEL server, see how many people play it, and I'll check it out too! :D

e: oh cool, no link...

Yeah sorry about the link found some major errors. Apparently vehicle flashlights don't exactly... Sync... So yeah I'm fixing some bugs.

Advancebo
December 29th, 2008, 12:17 PM
To much large vehicles for my taste

Inferno
December 29th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Main page updated. Ducky get on that mirror plox!

Lul the secret room location is hidden on the first post. Trust me it's there.

Alwin Roth
December 29th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Wait...
your confusing me, the secret room location is on This threads post?
or the maps ingame post???

and what exactly has been updated on this version of the cairo station?

Inferno
December 29th, 2008, 01:04 PM
The pelican and longsword were very fucked up on client side. That's about it. Also I fixed the weapons list in globals and added the last picture to the secret room. The updated version is the one that is currently uploading to halomaps also.

And yes the location of the secret room is mentioned in the release post (aka the 1st post) of this thread.

Alwin Roth
December 29th, 2008, 01:12 PM

so wait... the pics on the first post you posted has a hint of the location of the secret room?

dammit im gonna explode from pure stupidity coming from my self -_-

Inferno
December 29th, 2008, 01:18 PM
Gametypes:
CTF
SLAYER
CTF
CTF
CTF
CTF
(WARNING DO NOT PLAY RACE ON THIS MAP YOU WILL FACE UNIMAGINABLE TORCHER. THIS IS YOUR ONLY WARNING)

_

SnaFuBAR
December 29th, 2008, 01:29 PM
I'm sorry but this looks extremely retarded. Ripped Cairo Station, ripped cmt spv1 rocket, ripped vehicles from coldsnap, and really gross textures. Seriously, try harder.

Inferno
December 29th, 2008, 01:30 PM
ripped cmt spv1 rocket
Custom. CMT's anti air looks way different.

It may not look like much effort went into this but the thing that took so much time was setting up the scenario and scripting stuff (Tag work). Its not "Pretty" but it pretty fun.

Alwin Roth
December 29th, 2008, 02:09 PM
wait, is the secret room at the top of the map?

cause i teleported their and this music began to play then i fell off -_-

CodeBrain
December 29th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Okay, just played it. Got a couple bugs for yeah

The jet's go way to fast on this small level. Lower down the speed on them.

Also, the rocket launcher cannot fire. At all.

Another thing is the acension_turret says" Press E to enter gunner seat of sniper" Wtf, this is a turret not a sniper!

I went to race. I was scared shatless. Did you animate that MC biped doing that "dance" :P

Inferno
December 29th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Well the jets are already messed up. If I lower the speed it will get worse.
The rocket can fire you have to click and hold then wait till its ready to fire (hence the beeping noise) then let go and it fires.

Lul crappy 5 minute dance anims. They are scary.

CodeBrain
December 29th, 2008, 04:43 PM
Another thing I should tell you:

Remove the Missile Warthog from this map.

When that warthog is extracted using Hekplus, the turret animations get fuxorz. They turn backwards, (So when you first get in, its supposed to be looking in your direction, but its looking behind you.) Its a fault in that tag.

No one will be able to use the warthog turret, so....yeah.

Inferno
December 29th, 2008, 04:45 PM
Fuck. Well in the first release (before I updated) I extracted the meta data from hugeass and injected into the compiled cairo station to fix the missile hog. I forgot to do that after I recompiled the update.

FluffyDucky™
December 29th, 2008, 05:40 PM
This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.
This limit is reached.
To download this file, the uploader either needs to transfer this file into his/her Collector's Account, or upload the file again. The file can later be moved to a Collector's Account. The uploader just needs to click the delete link of the file to get further information

Filefront maybe? ...

Inferno
December 29th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Bah humbug! (http://rapidshare.com/files/177999038/Dmt-Cairo_Station.rar.html)

FluffyDucky™
December 29th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Yay, downloading. :)

Gamerkd16
December 29th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Didn't this go through beta testing already? Why are all these errors being found now? I too found some faces that didn't have textures on them.

Inferno
December 29th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Because I mostly gave up on this once the 40 page script to correct vehicle healths and PROPERLY balance a VCTF map for Halo CE failed. I just wanted to put something out over the holidays because my SP project is still in the works. This project has been sitting in my "old tags" folder for a while and I thought I'd go ahead and release it. It's by no means a "BAD" mod its just mostly incomplete.

StankBacon
December 29th, 2008, 10:26 PM
i especially like the rocket launcher exception gun.

Inferno
December 29th, 2008, 11:22 PM
Didn't do it.
Blame crappy engine.

edit-
God looking at this in perspective this mod is falling to pieces before me. :shake: Should have done another beta. It's just to hard to get enough people to do it.

edit 2-
Let's go ahead and say this is a bit of a fail. I understand this is not the best of my work and I'm going to leave it alone. No point in trying to fix it now its already been uploaded an released. Halomaps link will go up in the next few days.

Sorry guys this didn't work out. Partially my fault partially engine limitations.

Cortexian
December 30th, 2008, 01:29 AM
Nevermind.

Alwin Roth
December 30th, 2008, 11:25 AM
dun wrry itz all gun-nah be k.

so are you gonna continue this project? or just give up on it?

Inferno
December 30th, 2008, 01:01 PM
I stabbed it with a silver spike. This vampire is dead.

DarkHalo003
December 30th, 2008, 09:35 PM
Looks fun, though I think you kind of went crazy on the polish there, the metal looks unbelievably shiny. But still, I gotta like it. Will y'all do an interior eventually?

Inferno
December 30th, 2008, 11:14 PM
Look up one post.

Or better yet read the thread.

DarkHalo003
January 2nd, 2009, 06:08 PM
Look up one post.

Or better yet read the thread.
Okay, thanks. That's a shame. I loved walking all over Cairo Station in Halo2.

Inferno
January 3rd, 2009, 12:37 PM
Main post updated halomaps.org link up.