PDA

View Full Version : power suck

Rob Oplawar
March 19th, 2007, 12:43 AM
Jesus fucking christ, you know I've been timing it, and my 360 controller averages 3 hours before running out of batteries. That's fucking pathetic- especially when it runs out right in the middle of a team snipers game without even doing the flashing corners thing to let me know it's about to happen! Is there any way to turn off rumble for your controller?
Dammit, one more problem with Halo or the 360 and I'm just gonna sell the fucking thing and upgrade my computer instead. Then I'll buy windows vista and discover how much that sucks, bash in my computer with a sledgehammer, give up my computer science degree, and move to east colorado to farm dirt. Technology pisses me off. Man, imagine how peaceful it would be out there- no aimbots, no lag, no retarded teammates...</rant>

I forgot, what was the topic again?

rossmum
March 19th, 2007, 01:35 AM
Throw it at a sibling, it worked for a friend.

legionaire45
March 19th, 2007, 02:19 AM
get a new $10 battery. :v. Or a play and charge kit.

Limited
March 19th, 2007, 09:43 AM
3 hours? Wow that's a really short amount of time.

Maybe your controller is broken a bit?

itszutak
March 19th, 2007, 10:02 AM
Wait, the corners flashing means it's running out of juice? o_0

I thought it just did that all the time...

Cortexian
March 19th, 2007, 10:04 AM
I power my electronics with controlled fusion, you guys should try it sometime :)

Rob Oplawar
March 19th, 2007, 01:43 PM
I power my electronics with controlled fusion, you guys should try it sometime :)

lolz, awesome. you gotta teach me that trick.

I use rechargeable nickel metal hydride AAs, but come to think of it, my charger may be busted because I just pulled out a fresh batch and they're pretty warm.
Which sucks, because those things cost like 40 bucks at radioshack.

itszutak
March 19th, 2007, 02:05 PM
Those NiHM chargers always end up making batteries warm.

Or at least the 15-minute kind do. <_<

Hurrvish
March 19th, 2007, 03:54 PM
like legionaire said, get a play and charge kit

Rob Oplawar
March 21st, 2007, 12:25 AM
hey, while we're on the subject (or were a day or so ago), it occurs to me that it might just be my system that's doing this: when you play halo 2 on live on a 360, does it always show you as having a mic plugged in even when you don't? cause it does for me, and it gets embarassing when people try to talk to you and expect a response and get mad at you when you appear to ignore them.

oh and btw my charger seems to be working now :rolleyes:

Zeph
March 21st, 2007, 12:34 AM
Lol, you probably wont believe this, but back in the 8-bit days, there was this thing going between the controller and the console called a cord. It gave power to the controller and served the same purpose as a radio in your controller. In fact, it's how the term 'wireless controller' came to be. You should look into getting one.

Rob Oplawar
March 21st, 2007, 12:40 AM
ouch, did you just insult my nerdiness? oh, it's on.
lol jk

SnaFuBAR
March 22nd, 2007, 04:38 PM
topic title misleading. i mean... power suck? c'mon i thought you had some good shit in this thread.

Emmzee
March 22nd, 2007, 07:35 PM
Why did I think this article would be sexual?