PDA

View Full Version : What The Christ My Online Gaming Is Broken!!!1

rossmum
March 19th, 2007, 05:05 AM
Guys, need help. Urgently. My Steam started fucking up yesterday and I couldn't get online ingame because it couldn't validate my Steam ID user ticket or whatever the fuck it is, so naturally I was annoyed. Just then, I go to play some Halo. CONNECTION FAILED, RETRYING. WHAT THE CHRIST. I haven't touched my internet settings and I haven't got a clue what could've killed it except for the other day when about 10 instances of svchost randomly popped up (my PC is supposedly clean, it does that from time to time) so I kill one of them to see if that speeds it up a little. But I'm pretty sure I played Halo and RO just fine all that night.

Help. Please. I need my multiplayer.

Everything else works fine, it's just that I can't seem to play anything online...

n00b1n8R
March 19th, 2007, 06:30 AM
LOLOLOLOL

if you can get on your steam account, the interwebs arn't the problem. especially if you can get server lists. i had this prob a while ago. walk away, come back later, worked.

or ask fried metroid. he had the prob and did some manual stuff (effort!) to fix it.

mR_r0b0to
March 19th, 2007, 06:58 AM
get a new computer
:p

check your router. do that port forwarding stuff.
i had to do that in order to play any steam games :(

rossmum
March 19th, 2007, 07:48 AM
Don't have a router. Just a plain old DSL modem.

Was fine until about 2 days ago, also system restored just in case and Halo is working again. Steam still isn't, though.

Limited
March 19th, 2007, 09:20 AM
Log out and log back into steam.

Use the "log in as other user" option to do so.

Con
March 19th, 2007, 11:35 AM
Go outside ;)

Dragonpurr
March 19th, 2007, 01:09 PM
reformat!!! NAO

someone
March 19th, 2007, 03:06 PM
Reinstall steam and all the games you have for it. Maybe it'll help.

Pooky
March 19th, 2007, 03:34 PM
If restarting Steam does not resolve the issue, please exit Steam and delete the following files:

Steam.dll
SteamUI.dll
ClientRegistry.Blob These will be found under your Steam installation directory - by default, this will be C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\ (this may vary if you specified a different installation folder, or if you have moved your Steam installation).

Then turn off all firewall and antivirus programs and Xfire, and start Steam. It should update. That fixed the problem for me.

rossmum
March 20th, 2007, 12:24 AM
Go outside ;)
What is this "outside" you speak of? :confused2:

reformat!!! NAO
NO NEVER

If restarting Steam does not resolve the issue, please exit Steam and delete the following files:

Steam.dll
SteamUI.dll
ClientRegistry.BlobThese will be found under your Steam installation directory - by default, this will be C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\ (this may vary if you specified a different installation folder, or if you have moved your Steam installation).

Then turn off all firewall and antivirus programs and Xfire, and start Steam. It should update. That fixed the problem for me.
Thanks, I'll try that one.

Con
March 20th, 2007, 12:26 AM
Pooky, you fool. Now it'll go back to it's den to game some more.

rossmum
March 20th, 2007, 12:38 AM
sw00t

Dragonpurr
March 20th, 2007, 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpurr http://www.h2vista.net/forums/h2images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showthread.php?p=38058#post38058)
reformat!!! NAO

NO NEVER

does your pr0n mean that mutch to you?

Reaper Man
March 20th, 2007, 03:40 AM
My steam sometimes does that. It's no big deal, I usually restart steam or reboot, but, seeing as I don't log into steam that often, it's no big deal.

rossmum
March 20th, 2007, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpurr http://www.h2vista.net/forums/h2images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showthread.php?p=38058#post38058)
reformat!!! NAO

NO NEVER

does your pr0n mean that mutch to you?
*8 years' worth of art, schoolwork, and various other important stuff as well

Sorry, I use my PC for more than just looking at pr0n :rolleyes:

My steam sometimes does that. It's no big deal, I usually restart steam or reboot, but, seeing as I don't log into steam that often, it's no big deal.
I'm gonna see if it works now, actually.

n00b1n8R
March 20th, 2007, 06:06 AM
told ya metroid had the knowings ;)

also what con said.

rossmum
March 20th, 2007, 06:14 AM
Thanks Metroid; CS works fine now, so I assume RO should too.

:lock: