PDA

View Full Version : Snow

Limited
March 19th, 2007, 09:46 AM
An hour ago it was perfect weather, sunny, bright and a great day.

Now its snowing like crazy. Sadly it won't stay due to the fact I live near the sea :(

Apparently UK is getting owned by some Atlantic weather right now which is why we have snow.

So yeah is it snowing like NY or some thing?

someone
March 19th, 2007, 12:57 PM
The same happened in Middle-Europe today. It was raining in the morning and then between 9.30-10.00 'o clock it started to snow like crazy. It's so cool when everything is snowy now:)

Rob Oplawar
March 19th, 2007, 01:40 PM
you guys should try living in colorado- it'll blizzard all morning, complete white out, and you'll get your hopes up, and by the afternoon it will be 70 out and the snow completely melted. Global warming is killing my homeland =(
but apparently it's been snowing and hailing a lot in texas recently... hmmm...

Pooky
March 19th, 2007, 03:56 PM
It's certainly not snowing in Houston, last snow we got was an extremely thin layer last Christmas.

Hotrod
March 19th, 2007, 04:43 PM
Well, I live in Canada and there's a lot of snow over here. It's been the first year in a very long time that there wasn't any snow at Christmas. Besides that, we always have a thick layer of snow during winter.

Syuusuke
March 19th, 2007, 08:57 PM
So yeah is it snowing like NY or some thing?

No...It was snowing on Friday though =) or Saturday...I forget.

Cortexian
March 19th, 2007, 09:04 PM
After reading that I was like, "... ... so?", I live in Alberta Canada and we get random snow all the time, like during summer it will snow for like 3 hours then go back to being +32...

Hotrod
March 19th, 2007, 09:15 PM
It snows for you in summer? That's odd. We only get snow in Winter and Fall over here. It's always around 20-30 degrees over here in summer.

rossmum
March 19th, 2007, 10:13 PM
It hasn't snowed in Gosford since I moved here 10 years ago. Probably never snowed here, actually.

Damn you guys and your abundant snow, all I get is abundant sunburn. FUCK OFF, UV RADIATION. GOSH.

stalker 4589
March 19th, 2007, 10:46 PM
well i like in the north east of the uk and my weathetr today was fuckked up.

it all staarted quitely a nice daybreak and i was chatting with my freind. on xbox live.
he shouted down the mic holky shit dude its fucking hail stoning just as he said this i heard something hit my window it was hail stone. after and hour or so this hail stone stopped and my room was ffilled with a bright sunlight. i checked outside and there was a huge rainbow. about 2 hours later i looked out and then there was snow. this was proceed by rain and thunder. and now at 3:46 in the morning the sky is a tint of pinky-red

rossmum
March 19th, 2007, 10:50 PM
That reminds me, you guys get twilight too. We don't here :|

We get red skies though, if there's a really bad fire the smoke filters out most of the sunlight so it comes through as a red glow on everything. Really odd at noon on an otherwise clear, sunny day. Kinda creepy, in fact.

DaneO'Roo
March 20th, 2007, 12:22 AM
Whats a snow? :lol:

Bodzilla
March 20th, 2007, 12:32 AM
It hasn't snowed in Gosford since I moved here 10 years ago. Probably never snowed here, actually.

Damn you guys and your abundant snow, all I get is abundant sunburn. FUCK OFF, UV RADIATION. GOSH.
would u rather be cold and snivelly in overcast conditions.
or
be Hot with Abundant Sunshine and sunburns for all!

Australia ftw

it's nvr snowed anywhere near my house.
i have to travel 14 hours south in the middle of winter and go up a few mountains b4 we even see snow

rossmum
March 20th, 2007, 12:35 AM
I was born in Canada. I'll take snow and -20 over sunburn, bushfires and over 40 or monsoonal rain and still over 40 any day :|

Bodzilla
March 20th, 2007, 12:44 AM
lawl hahahah but thats when the sexy women and there bikini's break out ;)

would u turn your back on the bikinis... didnt think so XD

rossmum
March 20th, 2007, 05:50 AM
Point. Though I don't get to go to the beach a whole lot, the weekend weather here has been shit for quite a while and it's about a half-hour's drive to Terrigal.

Reaper Man
March 20th, 2007, 06:02 AM
No snow here, only fucking rain <__<. Also, the temperature just dropped. A week ago, I was in a T-shirt and shorts, now I'm wearing a fucking sweater and jeans. Goddamn climate.

Rob Oplawar
March 20th, 2007, 11:26 AM
Bikinis are good, but over here we get the hot german snowboarder chicks ;)

Limited
March 20th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Typical, an hour after I posted this, it was bright sunshine.

I wouldnt complain ross, it rains alot here in Uk, its miserable as hell most of the time, muggy, however when it is sunny, its like people are crazyily happy as its such a rare occasion.

I dislike bikini's, they cover things up :(:(

Love De Lux
March 20th, 2007, 02:33 PM
I'm not that away from UK. Where do you live 9mm ? :p

We got a wierd weather a this moment.

In day we got :

-Snow
-Hail
-Rain
-Sun

:)

Hotrod
March 20th, 2007, 04:28 PM
Whats a snow? :lol:

Snow is white fluffy stuff that you get when rain freezes, lol (you probably already knew that). We actually get very good temperatures. It's nice and cold in winter for skiing, and nice and hot so we can all go to the beach and go swimming!

Hurrvish
March 20th, 2007, 04:32 PM
wait. i thought that when rain freezers, it truns into ice or skeet???

Hotrod
March 20th, 2007, 04:38 PM
No, ice is when water on the ground freezes. Snow is when water freezes while falling to the ground. There is also freezing rain which is a mix between rain and ice.

Hurrvish
March 20th, 2007, 04:40 PM
but falling frozen rain = sleet/hail
right?

Stealth
March 20th, 2007, 04:41 PM
No, ice is when water on the ground freezes. Snow is when water freezes while falling to the ground. There is also freezing rain which is a mix between rain and ice.
I call that slashing:lol: and what's all of this talk about snow? big deal, it's just cold white stuff that goes away when you light it on fire.

Hotrod
March 20th, 2007, 05:01 PM
You can't light snow on fire, it's water. Also, hail and freezing rain are similar, but they're different. Hail is more ice than freezing rain, which is more rain than ice. Freezing rain = sleet.

Stealth
March 20th, 2007, 05:06 PM
You can't light snow on fire, it's water. Also, hail and freezing rain are similar, but they're different. Hail is more ice than freezing rain, which is more rain than ice. Freezing rain = sleet.
ya, true Snow by it's self can't catch fire, but put some gas on it and then it goes away. and Slashing is 50% rain, 25% snow, and 25% ice.

Hotrod
March 20th, 2007, 05:09 PM
It's not the snow that burns, it's the gas. The snow just gets melted by the heat. Sorry if I ruined your fun by telling you this:p.

rossmum
March 20th, 2007, 11:27 PM
Typical, an hour after I posted this, it was bright sunshine.

I wouldnt complain ross, it rains alot here in Uk, its miserable as hell most of the time, muggy, however when it is sunny, its like people are crazyily happy as its such a rare occasion.

I dislike bikini's, they cover things up :(:(
So nothing's changed from when I lived in Caversham, then :p

Bodzilla
March 21st, 2007, 02:10 AM
ya, true Snow by it's self can't catch fire, but put some gas on it and then it goes away. and Slashing is 50% rain, 25% snow, and 25% ice.
u can have snow catch fire.... just smother it in alcohol and it'll burn ;)

n00b1n8R
March 21st, 2007, 04:21 AM

wate, you go outside?
OMGULIEDTOUSHOWDAREU!!!

never seen snow in RL.

rossmum
March 21st, 2007, 04:50 AM
Went down about 2 weekends ago to work on the farm down at Oberon. It was unusually hot there (read: over 15 degrees, actually about 30 I believe) and there wasn't a single cloud in the sky. By the time I got home, my entire face, whatever my collar didn't cover, and my arms and legs were bright red and stung like hell. Got one hell of a tan out of it, until the skin started peeling :x

Bodzilla
March 21st, 2007, 05:45 AM
Went down about 2 weekends ago to work on the farm down at Oberon. It was unusually hot there (read: over 15 degrees, actually about 30 I believe) and there wasn't a single cloud in the sky. By the time I got home, my entire face, whatever my collar didn't cover, and my arms and legs were bright red and stung like hell. Got one hell of a tan out of it, until the skin started peeling :x
ROFL u are a fucking pansy ross hahahahahahaha

it was like 40 degrees celcius at work today, in a massive tin workshop with lots of machines makeing heat and Heat machines making noise :)

fun tho.

Oshi ross wat is the longest you've been at the beach in one go? cause u get sun burned pretty easily :/
i once woke up at 7Am then went to the beach and stayed there till 6:30pm, lawl 11hours and 30 minutes swimming with no break tahts right fuckers. i aint getting out of the water for no one. not even me! (dont swim downstream from me). NOW THATS A sunburn to be proud of :lol:

n00b1n8R
March 21st, 2007, 06:32 AM
yerr..
grow up please.

also. i hate the beach.

rossmum
March 21st, 2007, 08:08 AM
I'm guessing my intolerance of heat could be something to do with the fact that it was -20 and snowing when I was born... I burn really easily and I can't stand anything over about 25 degrees. Over 40 is really bad, because if I stand up for too long I pass out.

Hotrod
March 21st, 2007, 05:11 PM
How can anybody stand anything over 40 degrees? Maybe you pass out because of dehydration. You should also try this thing call sunscreen, it's the most amazing thing in the world:D. It protects you against anything! (excluding all but UV rays)

rossmum
March 22nd, 2007, 02:16 AM
No, I pass out from sheer heat intolerance. No matter how much I drink, I can't stand still for over 10 minutes and I can't walk over 8km straight without passing out if the temperature's over about 30-35 celcius. Even worse in full sun.

Bodzilla
March 22nd, 2007, 02:59 AM
I'm guessing my intolerance of heat could be something to do with the fact that it was -20 and snowing when I was born... I burn really easily and I can't stand anything over about 25 degrees. Over 40 is really bad, because if I stand up for too long I pass out.
omg u poor bastard i greive for you :(

and noobinator. hating the beach??? thats just un australian :'( dont u want ppl to think of as sterotypes rather then individuals with different opinions

Think of the stereotypes man.
[/babble]

i think this threads had it's fun :)

n00b1n8R
March 22nd, 2007, 05:32 AM
omg u poor bastard i greive for you :(

and noobinator. hating the beach??? thats just un australian :'( dont u want ppl to think of as sterotypes rather then individuals with different opinions

Think of the stereotypes man.
[/babble]

i think this threads had it's fun :)

lulz i agree with all of that post.

Emmzee
March 22nd, 2007, 08:21 AM
No, I pass out from sheer heat intolerance. No matter how much I drink, I can't stand still for over 10 minutes and I can't walk over 8km straight without passing out if the temperature's over about 30-35 celcius. Even worse in full sun.
Hahahahaha. I am immune to heat. Know why?

The sun is my bitch.
It doesn't fuck with me.

DECOY
March 22nd, 2007, 09:53 AM
Im up to my arse in snow 6 months of the year, (its my excuse for driving 4x4). I dont mind the heat, but high humidity justs stops me from functioning completely.
I was down in Pheonix and it was way over 100, but dry heat, so no problem. Went to Panama and nearly drowned in my own sweat , it was SO humid!!

Rob Oplawar
March 22nd, 2007, 01:24 PM
Haha, I remember when I lived in California it would routinely go over 100F (sorry I don't know what that is in C), but the real problem was the bugs. Good old Colorado strikes a perfect balance of temperatures and there are no bugs. Except spiders. *shudders*
But hey it's almost April- time for the spring snow season! *gets snowboard ready*

Hotrod
March 22nd, 2007, 01:34 PM
What's wrong with spiders? And the snow is almost all melted over here, which is odd because there was around 10-15 cm yesterday.

Rob Oplawar
March 22nd, 2007, 02:00 PM
^ They're like bounty hunters. You respect them and they're cool and whatnot, but I just prefer not to be around them.

That, and I'm an arachnophobe. Anything with more than 4 legs bothers me, and I hate to admit it, but spiders just scare the shit out of me if they get close.

Back on topic, the perfect example: yesterday it was 70, but it just started snowing a few minutes ago today. Doesn't look like it'll last, tho.

n00b1n8R
March 23rd, 2007, 12:08 AM
Im up to my arse in snow 6 months of the year, (its my excuse for driving 4x4). I dont mind the heat, but high humidity justs stops me from functioning completely.
I was down in Pheonix and it was way over 100, but dry heat, so no problem. Went to Panama and nearly drowned in my own sweat , it was SO humid!!

welcome to north queensland.

Bodzilla
March 23rd, 2007, 01:05 AM
^hahahah North queensland Sux wang lol, actually all of Queensland does. The great barrier blocks the waves from hitting the beech. so the waves suck, in Summer they have jelly fish swarms which make it impossible to swim at the beach anyway. and it's so fuckign hot.

Limited
March 23rd, 2007, 09:28 AM
I call that slashing:lol: and what's all of this talk about snow? big deal, it's just cold white stuff that goes away when you light it on fire.I've only played in the snow 4 times. Because it pretty much never STAYS on the ground long enough here to play with it.

Thats why I ask people why the fuck are they inside when they go "oh its snowing outside again its like 2foot already"

Con
March 23rd, 2007, 10:37 AM
all I get is abundant sunburn.
What a lie.

It hasn't snowed here for a while, but I went skiing for a couple days this week, uber fun.

Rob Oplawar
March 23rd, 2007, 06:39 PM
OH DAMMIT! now it's hailing marbles! rain is relaxing, snow is nice, wind is entertaining, but I FUCKING HATE HAIL!

RaVNzCRoFT
March 23rd, 2007, 07:25 PM
It was 85 degrees Fahrenheit, or 30 degrees Celsius, today. :lol:

Limited
March 23rd, 2007, 07:29 PM
^ bastard, I think the uk max was 38C :)

Maximum in a day (09-09 UTC): 279 mm at Martinstown (Dorset) on 18 July 1955.

I officially live in the rainest part of UK, fuck sake...

i live 5 minutes away from that town, that shouldnt even be called a town, its only about 12 cottages...lol

Xehsin
March 23rd, 2007, 07:35 PM
I was born in Canada. I'll take snow and -20 over sunburn, bushfires and over 40 or monsoonal rain and still over 40 any day :|
amen bro.

rossmum
March 23rd, 2007, 07:45 PM
What a lie.
Well why don't you come over here and spend every available daylight hour working outside in full sun for a weekend mister <:mad:>

fffffffffffffff, that's nothing. It's been over 30 all week here and it broke 45 over summer.

n00b1n8R
March 23rd, 2007, 11:14 PM

oh diddums, how the hell do you cope >:U

Neuro Guro
March 23rd, 2007, 11:18 PM
snow is for hoes.

Rob Oplawar
March 25th, 2007, 08:20 PM
I went snowboarding today. It was 55 at the base. It wasn't snow, it was slush. I was sad. But on the other side of the mountain where nobody goes the snow was brilliant, so I'm happy.