PDA

View Full Version : Alchohol, Drugs, Sex and you.

Masterz1337
January 2nd, 2009, 12:01 AM
Simply for those who wish to continue the subject from "The Pit" thread.
http://www.modacity.net/forums/showpost.php?p=342349&postcount=312

Apparently some of you don't think any of it is "smart" or "normal" or safe.

Personally, I drink and smoke on occasion, but I make sure never to make either a habit, and I think it's fine for anyone to do as long as they stay in control and are aware of their usage and can say no to themselves.

Also, keep the topic mature. Even if you have a different opinion, don't -rep someone for stating a VALID opinion in a proper manner. And don't disable your rep either if your afraid of retaliation (dark57).

FRain
January 2nd, 2009, 12:04 AM
Have had two glasses of wine at once before. Icewine, is my favorite type. I wouldn't say no to beer or a vodka, but my dad died 6 years ago, my brother doesn't drink and my mom hates beer.

E:

Drugs, eh. Wouldn't do it unless I was forced to. Maybe a little pot, but not much more than that. Smoking, probably not. My 19 year old friend started smoking and is having a hard ass time quitting. Sex. If I was offered, yes.

BobtheGreatII
January 2nd, 2009, 12:04 AM
Nah, I don't honestly care if people drink or smoke or whatever. I just don't want to hear them brag about it. Much like that post. I find it rather retarded to brag about hurting your own body.
Upon that, I don't think it's cool. I don't have much respect for people who do that to themselves and then are proud of it.

Ifafudafi
January 2nd, 2009, 12:12 AM
It all comes down to a matter of excess, personally. While an occasional beer with friends or glass of wine with a steak is appropriate, downing a six pack or a whole bottle of champagne every other day is unhealthy and idiotic, imho.

Smoking is an even shakier subject; even one casual puff can grow into an addiction due to its chemical composition. Personally, I say if it's absolutely necessary for some otherworldy reason, go ahead, but don't take it as lightly as a cold one.

Sex... If you're not married, be careful. If you are (or almost certainly will be) then feel free to fuck your hearts out, so long as you realize that you may get a baby or six out of it.

Illegal drugs are harmful, illegal, and harmful. Don't do 'em, kids, and don't be proud of it if you do.

Obviously special occasions (St. Patrick's, last night, etc.) can warrant a little going over the edge, but those are few and far between.

ExAm
January 2nd, 2009, 12:16 AM
Sex law is very broken. I personally believe that sex age should be based more on the couple's age proximity than whether one person is over the age of consent and the other is under, but there definitely should be a baseline (not ultrastrictly enforced, though). As long as people are educated, I think 16 is a good age guideline, or a system where you're given a certificate after passing Sex Ed, but a couple that has consensual sex where one partner is 16 and the other is 15 shouldn't be severely punished. I've heard absolutely disgusting cases where the punishment far outstrips the crime. A 17 year old guy who had sex with his 16 (or was it 15?) year old girlfriend had to pay a huge fine and register as a "violent sex offender". His life was ruined. GG, sex law, GG.

Hotrod
January 2nd, 2009, 12:17 AM
Well, personally, I don't smoke, and have only drank in small amounts, only once to ever get drunk. I can't stand the smell of any smoking substance, and just the thought of what it can do to me adds more to not wanting to take any.

However, I'm not saying that if you smoke every here and there, or drink at parties and such, that it's a bad thing. Having a little fun is actually a good thing, in moderation, safely, and responsibly (well, not always safely and responsibly, as long as you live, and don't hurt anybody too too badly).

As for sex, it's really up to you. I don't have the experience or the knowledge to comment on that.

FRain
January 2nd, 2009, 12:19 AM
^ This makes the most sense. Why can't a 15 year old have sex with a 16 or even another 15 year old? Then you have to get registered as a sex offender. Now, someone over 18 with someone who is under the age of consent isn't good.

Pooky
January 2nd, 2009, 12:20 AM
I don't mind all those things, as long as people do them way the fuck away from me. I had a dad who smoked pot so fucking much he was a worthless git, and a drunk ass violent step dad. I've seen all the worst those addictions have to offer and don't want any part of any of it.

ExAm
January 2nd, 2009, 12:21 AM
Now, someone over 18 with someone who is under the age of consent isn't good.The idea that there is this magical age where someone is automatically responsible enough to have sex is stupid and ridiculous. An 18 year old having consensual sex with a 17 year old should be a non-issue. Age of consent should be a guideline, not a hard and fast law.

StankBacon
January 2nd, 2009, 12:22 AM
sex and alcohol are good, drugs are stupid, unless its pot, then its good.

CtrlAltDestroy
January 2nd, 2009, 12:25 AM
Personally, I only drink if I have the intention of getting drunk. I don't really like the taste of any alcoholic beverage, especially beer.

As for smoking, it's only something I really do when I'm drinking as well. I've never once felt a "craving" for a smoke, so I don't understand the whole nicotine addiction deal.

Like everything, it's only fine in moderation.

FRain
January 2nd, 2009, 12:26 AM
The idea that there is this magical age where someone is automatically responsible enough to have sex is stupid and ridiculous. An 18 year old having consensual sex with a 17 year old should be a non-issue. Age of consent should be a guideline, not a hard and fast law.

Of course. I'm talking 2 years and under the age of consent.

E:

Oh god, leet, should I post that convo?

Hotrod
January 2nd, 2009, 12:27 AM
Actually, about the sex part, Exam has a valid point, and so, I agree with him.

ICEE
January 2nd, 2009, 12:28 AM
I don't drink and I don't smoke cigs. As for sex, I haven't had that either. Sex and sexuality in general is a very difficult subject. I don't think there's any right or wrong between two consenting people regardless of gender (provided that their not children. children don't want sex, and should not have sex). If I had someone who I loved and I knew they loved me too, I would have sex, but will never be a casual sex kind of guy. As for drinking, I don't do it because of my stomach disorder. Alcohol is one of several stimulus that sets it off, and I don't want to go to the emergency just because I had a couple beers. As for smoking; No. Cigs are really stupid. I don't want to get a lung disease just to smoke something with no positive effects on my mental state.

n00b1n8R
January 2nd, 2009, 12:40 AM
Smoking? Would never do it myself and I don't mind if other people do it, as long as they don't do it around me (shit stinks) and don't brag about it.
Drinking? Again, don't do it and pretty much the same feelings as smoking (don't mind if people do it around me, as long as their not blind drunk).
Sex? Fine by me. Unless they want to do it around me and pen0rz are involved.

flibitijibibo
January 2nd, 2009, 01:00 AM
Alcohol: Okay on very very rare occasions.
Drugs: Too expensive here.
Sex: As long as you're safe about it, it's cool. Also, it gets boring if you do it too often.

Thinking about it, I think all of these would get boring if used often. I don't know how my classmates do it all the time. That's another thing that pisses me off: people who brag about this shit. Some people have already mentioned this, but I really need to get this off my chest. If drinking yourself into a coma is the highlight of your week, you really should think about what you do with your life. Are you so boring/lazy that you can't find anything else to do with your time? Go do something that A: won't fuck with your brain cells and B: won't lead you to spend the rest of your life mixing concrete for a living.

Ki11a_FTW
January 2nd, 2009, 01:23 AM
I dont Drink

I dont Smoke

other way around for sex

ICEE
January 2nd, 2009, 01:32 AM
other way around for sex

you mean.. sex doesn't you?

Ki11a_FTW
January 2nd, 2009, 01:35 AM
get away from my ninja text

E: since were trying to be mature here i will say, yes i have had sex before.

DaneO'Roo
January 2nd, 2009, 01:41 AM
Currently smashing down a half litre bottle of Jack Daniels as I type this.

Also, sex is quite plentiful.

Smoking, smoked 3 cigarettes in my life. They're fucked. However they do taste like steak and lobster if you get good ones.

Pot, did, done, no fucking problem with it. The shits fine, I just don't feel like spending money on it, plus theres some sort of taboo thing against it and I feel awkward if I do it. Fuck alcohol, pot is a better drug and much better for you. Shit should be mandatory.

Also, feel like quoting Hicks here:

"Marijuana serves a thousand different functions, all of them positive. The only thing I've heard about pot is that it 'might' lower sperm count. Good. Theres too many fucking people. Someone needs to say that, by the way. I'm sick and tired of this back slapping humanity 'aint we the coolest?', 'humans are so neat!' bullshit. Too many of you. Quit your rutting, just for a fucking day, while we figure out this 'food:air' deal."

FRain
January 2nd, 2009, 01:59 AM
Dane, I thought you were drunk 90% of the time, anyways?

Bodzilla
January 2nd, 2009, 05:24 AM
wow, how did i miss this thread.

good discussion boys, but i'm with the Pill poppers on this one, you fellas that are anti drugs need to take a step back and examine why, and who told you to be that way. Because chances are your receiving a very, very negative Biased and more often then not deceptive argument formed for no other reason to make you fear the consequences. it's Bit like religion in a way, and it has the same effect on people.),
Some people prefer the high ground and the ability to say i didnt (sup sex before marriage vs fire, death and eternity in hell), while others choose a more open mindset and go with what they know. i believe the latter is what you should aim for, not just for a decision on drugs but for everything you do and judge.

I personally dont touch the stuff, but i know and am friends with alot of people that do, and it honestly doesnt bother me at all. When i've had friends Doing the Drugs and the booze for days and weeks on end I've challenged them on why and talked to them to just make sure there aware of what there doing.
I've got to the stage with alot of these people, that because i come out and say this and i do challenge their perspective (when it's needed or when it's the right time) I've gained alot of respect from them.

some of you Anti-Druggiez Fresh outta-skool kiddies need to jump the fence and talk to people that arnt dripping deception and fear.

/repost from a previous forum.

DaneO'Roo
January 2nd, 2009, 06:15 AM
Also, Hash cookies are the greatest thing ever invented. Just crush up some buds, or even leaf will do it if it's decent enough, chuck it into a cookie or cake mix, and you've got a day of awesome ahead of you.
You don't have to damage your lungs at all. Your stomach handles it fine. Thing is, you still get the awesome high, infact, you get more high because your directly ingesting the goodness. Once I had this awesome fudge hash cake, I had the best mental experience ever. No bodily damage, nothing, just passed out through my ass like regular food. The chemicals aren't poisonous either so there's no worry there.

Just don't eat too much at once, because it's being digested rather than inhaled it takes longer to be taken into the blood stream, so have like 2 or even 1 slice/cookie and wait half an hour before going off.

Seriously, if you know anyone with weed, buy like 10 bucks worth off them (20 - 40 would be better, just means more to make multiple batches) and take it home, bake a cake or watever when you've got some time alone, eat a few, chill out listen to music and feel the awesome.

I really think everyone has to have a psychedelic experience at least once. Just don't do it with the wrong people, and educate and prepare yourself properly beforehand. You'll be more than fine. It's just a key moment that sort of elevates all your senses and experiences to a heighten state, It just really opens up your eyes to things around you.

Also everything tastes 12 thousand times better when your high on pot. I have no idea why, it just does. Your taste buds become ultra alert and sensitive and everything is multiplied in awesomeness by like 3 times. I recommend Nachos.

Needles
January 2nd, 2009, 09:48 AM
Also, Hash cookies are the greatest thing ever invented. Just crush up some buds, or even leaf will do it if it's decent enough, chuck it into a cookie or cake mix, and you've got a day of awesome ahead of you.
You don't have to damage your lungs at all. Your stomach handles it fine. Thing is, you still get the awesome high, infact, you get more high because your directly ingesting the goodness. Once I had this awesome fudge hash cake, I had the best mental experience ever. No bodily damage, nothing, just passed out through my ass like regular food. The chemicals aren't poisonous either so there's no worry there.

Just don't eat too much at once, because it's being digested rather than inhaled it takes longer to be taken into the blood stream, so have like 2 or even 1 slice/cookie and wait half an hour before going off.

Seriously, if you know anyone with weed, buy like 10 bucks worth off them (20 - 40 would be better, just means more to make multiple batches) and take it home, bake a cake or watever when you've got some time alone, eat a few, chill out listen to music and feel the awesome.

I really think everyone has to have a psychedelic experience at least once. Just don't do it with the wrong people, and educate and prepare yourself properly beforehand. You'll be more than fine. It's just a key moment that sort of elevates all your senses and experiences to a heighten state, It just really opens up your eyes to things around you.

Also everything tastes 12 thousand times better when your high on pot. I have no idea why, it just does. Your taste buds become ultra alert and sensitive and everything is multiplied in awesomeness by like 3 times. I recommend Nachos.
That's fucking nasty. I could understand maybe a beer or wine or vodka or something, but that's just.... ew.

TeeKup
January 2nd, 2009, 09:51 AM
That's amazing Dane. XD

L0d3x
January 2nd, 2009, 10:12 AM
Some people get drunk so they can act all crazy.
I'm crazy enough as it is, and don't need to get drunk in order to have a good time.
Of course I do drink, I just don't feel it really makes a difference for me.

Then again, sometimes people on xbox live think I'm on some kind of drug >_>

Saggy
January 2nd, 2009, 10:45 AM
I rarely drink, maybe once a month. I have never smoked cigs/pot (have asthma, don't feel like making my lungs any worse), and I could really care less about sex.

dark57
January 2nd, 2009, 11:00 AM
Thats nice dane.

Corndogman
January 2nd, 2009, 11:08 AM
Alcohol: Buzz not drunk, only very rarely.
Drugs/tobacco: no thanks, also have asthma, and don't want to fuck up my body.

LlamaMaster
January 2nd, 2009, 11:40 AM
Alcohol: I'm a sheltered faggot.

Drugs: I'm a sheltered faggot.

Sex: I'm a sheltered faggot.

Having been discouraged from all of these throughout my life by my religious mother should compel me to go crazy and overdo all of these when I get the chance, but I'm not stupid enough to ruin my life over some misdirected reverse psychology. I have nothing against any of these, and I will do them, I just won't overdo them. Parents and anti-drug campaigns spread counterproductive propaganda which discredits anything truthful that they state, and in the end drives kids into harms way. Everybody would be a lot better off with the truth.

dark57
January 2nd, 2009, 11:46 AM
Alcohol i think is nasty, smoking is nasty shit kills me :gonk:, and sex not affter....the pictures our science teacher showed us :gonk:.

LlamaMaster
January 2nd, 2009, 11:52 AM
The sores just make for extra texture. The oozing? Lube.

Roostervier
January 2nd, 2009, 11:55 AM
I'd never smoke, but I've had drinks before. Tbh I think all but whine taste like shit. I try them pretty much because my sister gets me to just to see if I like it. That said, I've never been drunk. Anyway, I don't really see what's wrong with sex unless you're doing it just to be cool, and also if you're at least 16. Anything below that is really too young. Also I don't see what's wrong with doing it "unsafe" as long as you're prepared to deal with the consequences. <_<

STLRamsFan
January 2nd, 2009, 11:55 AM
Alcohol: Usually will drink some wine with the family and that's about it. Never been into it.

Drugs: No thanks.

Smoking: Never have and never will. Complete waste of money and more negatives than positives about it.

Sex: When I'm older. Would much rather do it with someone I that truly love and trust. Plus, I don't want to deal with the possibility of having a child right now. :gonk:

Dwood
January 2nd, 2009, 12:05 PM
Everybody would be a lot better off with the truth.

*facepalm*

They tell people the truth and yet people ignore them and smoke anyways.

Sex: Nah I can wait. Doesn't bother me.
Drugs: I've seen what they do to people first hand. No thanks.

Smoking:
Don't care if you smoke under several circumstances:

1. Don't try to convince others to smoke
2. Don't smoke around kids - don't give them the chance of 2nd hand smoke
3. Don't smoke indoors where the smoking and nonsmoking section isn't closed off from the other side. (i'm more lax about that circumstance though)

Alchohol: I've seen what happens with alchohol as well. I won't be drinking myself, I would prefer it if you would moderate yourself but... Have as much as you want.

drinking:

Don't try to convince others to Drink. Let them make the decision on their own.

JunkfoodMan
January 2nd, 2009, 12:29 PM
Personally, I only drink if I have the intention of getting drunk. I don't really like the taste of any alcoholic beverage, especially beer.

As for smoking, it's only something I really do when I'm drinking as well. I've never once felt a "craving" for a smoke, so I don't understand the whole nicotine addiction deal.

Like everything, it's only fine in moderation.

This.

leorimolo
January 2nd, 2009, 12:41 PM
*facepalm*

Smoking:

3. Don't smoke indoors where the smoking and nonsmoking section isn't closed off from the other side. (i'm more lax about that circumstance though)

Alchohol: I've seen what happens with alchohol as well. I won't be drinking myself, I would prefer it if you would moderate yourself but... Have as much as you want.

drinking:

well I have a very close family member that suffers from alcoholism and I drink... I drink moderately and never try to drink when I'm depressed, I only drink if I want to have a good time. Also simply because your government signaled weed as an "illegal" drug, probably because they can't tax it since people can grow it pretty much anywhere (including closets) It desn't mean weed is bad for you, I forgot the website but there is one that disaproves nearly all myths about it and its covered with scientific research citations.

Basically weed can't kill you, Cigs and booze can but they are legal, and not easily manufactored by your average individual thus allowing the goverment to profit off them and in some casses kill you.

Inferno
January 2nd, 2009, 12:45 PM
I like sex, it's nice.
Booze too.

Bodzilla
January 2nd, 2009, 12:48 PM
and don't need to get drunk in order to have a good time.
I hate this argument, i really do.

it just implies that other people that do drink NEED it to have fun, which just aint right.

and

well I have a very close family member that suffers from alcoholism and I drink... I drink moderately and never try to drink when I'm depressed, I only drink if I want to have a good time. Also simply because your government signaled weed as an "illegal" drug, probably because they can't tax it since people can grow it pretty much anywhere (including closets) It desn't mean weed is bad for you, I forgot the website but there is one that disaproves nearly all myths about it and its covered with scientific research citations.

Basically weed can't kill you, Cigs and booze can but they are legal, and not easily manufactored by your average individual thus allowing the goverment to profit off them and in some casses kill you.
Bingo.

dark57
January 2nd, 2009, 01:20 PM
But if the Government tells us it must be true D: !

/ sarcasm

Heathen
January 2nd, 2009, 01:27 PM
Well like I said earlier in the other thread...

Well right now my sister and brother are in from Indiana and between her 4 and his 3, none of them are over 10. The two oldest are 9 and 8. The rest are five and under.

Talk about birth control. This is enough incentive to be abstinent.

Dont get me wrong, I do everything except for intercourse...but I am strict on my decision for "half-assed abstinence"

Dwood
January 2nd, 2009, 01:28 PM
But if the Government tells us it must be true D: !

/ sarcasm

And you people wonder why I am wary of big government...

nooBBooze
January 2nd, 2009, 01:41 PM
I often find myself wondering if drugs are really just another case of dubious semantics.
I guess it does make much more sense in english where the term "drug" can also be applied to medical substances but for example in german and italian it's generally associated with "bad" drugs where a high is achieved at the price of ones health and ultimately ones life. I met people who got themselves addicted to guarana [the stuff in energy drinks, this one guy poured a teaspoon of pure powder in his morning coffe] and red bull, the latter of wich has been proven to cause serious , potentially lethal damage to the kidneys and liver. So why isn't caffeine, taurin or guarana considered a drug? Because its socially accepted? Because drinking your drug is moral whereas smoking or godforbid injecting it is not? Or take smoking. Seriously, why isnt this shit banned yet? Ill tell you why: because it's profitable. Yes, thats right there's a lot of money to be made with an unhealthy populace. Just think of all the expensive but ultimately useless crap they treat cancer patients with, health programs, fitness clubs or whatever doesnt matter.
On the other hand, if by drug we define mental states we wouldn't normally have, art, fasting, eating different foods, socialising, music,philospohy, literature movies or again, art in general should be a drug too.
Btw the'll never legalize it. Theres just too much money to be made when it stays illegal [higher prices] and patented antidepressants = fat stacks of cash.

Anyways, haven't got much action these past years but i can't be bothered either banging as i preffer making love to a human instead of sticking my penor in a random fleshbag [college -_-]. I hit the bong occasionaly and try to avoid alcohol except on special social occasions. And even then i try to avoid drinking till i pass out and puke, economic reasons being just one of the reasons, low tolerance = less money spent on drinks, no puking/passing out and pissing myself = the money i blew on this shitty drug was at least not entirely wasted.

Also, Hash cookies are the greatest thing ever invented.
I used to know a guy who did some all-natural guerilla farming up in the mountains. Then we would bake this beatiful, 100% clean bud into brownies and attend some first semester astronomy lecutres. Epicness beyond words ensued.

Some people get drunk so they can act all crazy.

On a friday night, i once overheard a guy telling his buddy how great it is to get drunk and party, but how it's even greater to just act drunk. Later on a saw him staggering alongside some other guy who walked him down the street and they looked like they had an awesome time. I'll be sure to try that to sometime.

Haloking365
January 2nd, 2009, 07:04 PM
Drinking: Meh, not too often. Maybe on occasion (Christmas, New years, etc.) Or parties.

Smoking: Fuck cigarettes, they taste like shit, horrible for you. Pot, on the other hand, is aaaaaallll goooood. :D

Sex: If offered, why not?

mech
January 2nd, 2009, 09:47 PM
Sex: If offered, why not?

lol

pedophile

DarkHalo003
January 2nd, 2009, 10:03 PM
If you Drink till you're drunk, then you're being foolish. If you drink just to have one every once and a while or at a party, then it's alright. If you drink and are drunk while driving, you're just plain being stupid.

If you smoke once or twice every five months, whatever, but smoking is still bad for and can royally mess with your lungs and esophagus down the road if you smoke too much. If you smoke cigs, then you're giving your money up to something that does far more harm then bad.

Sex is your and your family's (whoever you consider family) business.

DaneO'Roo
January 2nd, 2009, 10:22 PM
*facepalm*

No they tell you what they tell you. Fact is fact only when proven so.

"Wait", you announce the word like you have a choice in when you get laid.

:XD:

No, you've seen stupid people doing stupid things. Don't blame drugs on that shit, they were fucking idiots. Also, first hand makes no sense. Maybe they look like a failure to you, but they could be experiencing much more than you ever have. Common misconception is that people who smoke pot are lazy and angsty because of the drugs, which is false. When you are on drugs, you just realise that things aren't worth the effort.

Smoking:

So let me get this straight, your against drugs yet you are ok with smoking nicotine? Wow.

drinking:

Uh, alcohol and drinking are the same thing, and the fact that you capitalised the word drink and seperated it from alcohol makes me think you don't even know what "to drink" is, which is absurdly retarded so I'm just going to put a :smith: in here for good measure because I have no fucking clue what is wrong with your head at this point.

responses

DaneO'Roo
January 2nd, 2009, 10:24 PM
And you people wonder why I am wary of big government...

Look everybody it's the idiot thinking he knows what the governments doing. Your such a hard ass angsty bastard because you don't have sex and you hate drugs an-

owait.

Your such an individual man :cool:

DaneO'Roo
January 2nd, 2009, 10:26 PM
Sex is your and your family's (whoever you consider family) business.

IT's aLl IN Da FamALay :bucktooth:

Bodzilla
January 2nd, 2009, 10:27 PM
not to mention nicotine is one of the most (if not the most) addictive substance known to man, with research showing it's more addictive then heroin and cocaine.

NuggetWarmer
January 2nd, 2009, 10:29 PM
Drugs are OK, depending on the drug.

Sex is good.

Drinking is good.

Smoking is fine in moderation, along with the others. Once I am 'old enough' to buy tobacco, I'll get some for my pipes.

smoking isn't limited to cigs, you know. :)

Heathen
January 2nd, 2009, 10:29 PM
What bod says is true.

DaneO'Roo
January 2nd, 2009, 10:32 PM
That's fucking nasty. I could understand maybe a beer or wine or vodka or something, but that's just.... ew.

So you could understand putting a manmade foreign, dangerous harmful chemical into your body that has caused more deaths and violence than crack, cocain, heroine and ecstasy combined, rather than a plant like any other herb in your food that grows naturally apon our planet?

Stupid.

FRain
January 2nd, 2009, 10:38 PM
Smoking: No.

Drugs: Maybe some pot or coke. No meth, Heroin or E. That shit sounds disgusting.

DarkHalo003
January 2nd, 2009, 10:40 PM
IT's aLl IN Da FamALay :bucktooth:
Thanks Dane I appreciated the humor.lolz. :haw:

Honestly, any of these in moderation are okay, unless:
-You drink and smoke consecutively.
-You drink and drive.
-You're a man whore.
-You don't have the decency to refrain from smoking by people who don't like smoking. I don't want the stuff you're sucking in.
-You litter.for the lolz.

As long as they are controlled, none of this is exactly bad. Too each's own.

Edit: If it gives you a serious addiction and you can't handle it, it's considered stupidity.

Heathen
January 2nd, 2009, 10:41 PM
So you could understand putting a manmade foreign, dangerous harmful chemical into your body that has caused more deaths and violence than crack, cocain, heroine and ecstasy combined, rather than a plant like any other herb in your food that grows naturally apon our planet?

Stupid.

I neither smoke, nor drink, but that didn't make any sense to me either.

I think pot is fine, I just dont do it.

Mass
January 2nd, 2009, 11:05 PM
First of all I drink and smoke cigars occasionally, but they're both habit-forming and dangerous, and the high you get from them is pathetic. Alcohol encourages fighting and lowers inhibitions, and smoking makes you very unpleasant to be around, especially for people who have formerly quit smoking. I wouldn't drink more than three times a week and I'm thinking I'm going to cut smoking any tobacco but a pipe, if I buy one.

Now I know I might have a biased opinion, but I'm just going to go right out here right now and say one thing:
There is not one single thing wrong with pot smoking.

When you find a survey that shows some bad side effect, you find four others that show nothing. People do research that shows pot smokers have more psychological diseases, and I have to ask how does a correlation showing that people who are willing to use an illegal painkiller are more likely to be a little nuts prove anything? How can anyone really think that is anything close to solid evidence of causation?

I'm not going to go on though, if anyone has a logical argument for pot prohibition, I'd love to hear it.

CtrlAltDestroy
January 2nd, 2009, 11:25 PM

Drugs: Maybe some pot or coke. No meth, Heroin or E. That shit sounds disgusting.

You would do cocaine before you would do ecstasy...?

Bodzilla
January 2nd, 2009, 11:26 PM
i wouldnt say alcohol encourages fighting Mass.

it just has an uncanny habit of turning sparrows into emu's :/
some people just arnt ment to drink.

SnaFuBAR
January 2nd, 2009, 11:26 PM

haha, you're a fucking idiot :) no, really, you'd do coke, you're a fucking idiot

Bodzilla
January 2nd, 2009, 11:32 PM
You would do cocaine before you would do ecstasy...?
E's cant kill you tbh.

any death thats ever been recorded for E's have had another effect in play which has actually been the cause.
such as Anna Wood (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Wood)
Her death was used as a smoke screen to parade around for the media to attract ratings, and suddenly E's became this big bad nasty thing that should be eliminated what ever the cost.

When in actual fact she Drank herself to death on water.
Water..........

Mass
January 2nd, 2009, 11:33 PM
i wouldnt say alcohol encourages fighting Mass.

it just has an uncanny habit of turning sparrows into emu's :/
some people just arnt ment to drink.
It impacts decision making, which is why normal, intelligent people make the correct decision before they drink. Like not going to a booze party with unattractive women who fancy you, men you really don't care for, or a location that you'll need to drive to return from.

It's only bad when people are idiots, but even idiots have trouble hurting themselves or others when they're smoking pot, in my experience.

CtrlAltDestroy
January 2nd, 2009, 11:34 PM
E's cant kill you tbh.

any death thats ever been recorded for E's have had another effect in play which has actually been the cause.
such as Anna Wood (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Wood)
Her death was used as a smoke screen to parade around for the media to attract ratings, and suddenly E's became this big bad nasty thing that should be eliminated what ever the cost.

When in actual fact she Drank herself to death on water.
Water..........

Which is why I pointed out that it's absurd that he would rank ecstasy above cocaine, so to speak.

ICEE
January 2nd, 2009, 11:36 PM
Last I heard it wasn't the E itsself that could kill you, it was the fake drugs that are often sold as E that could.

Bastinka
January 2nd, 2009, 11:40 PM
E's cant kill you tbh.
Street Ecstasy is usually mixed in with Heroin or other things, so on rare occasions it can be mixed with both uppers and downers resulting in death.

But thats still not E's.

I've gone down the road of drugs, not too far but pretty far. Luckily I stopped after getting bad high's.

It's enjoyable at first but then it's never the same as the first time. Don't try any is my advice to you kids.

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/6572/380pxfw8.png

Funny how alcohol and tabacco farly exceed Weed.

I have yet to try LSD, I'm always afraid of the result it will give me. It's not harmful at all, yet what you see can completely mess with you. Added it lasts more than 12 hours.

Bodzilla
January 2nd, 2009, 11:44 PM
Which is why I pointed out that it's absurd that he would rank ecstasy above cocaine, so to speak.
i was agreeing with you lol, just merely expanding on what you said, because Dark halo honestly WTF?!

CtrlAltDestroy
January 2nd, 2009, 11:45 PM
Ah, ok. Haha

blind
January 3rd, 2009, 01:15 AM
Drinking adds to a good time but its not like its needed for one, just makes it a different experience. No problems with it.

Drugs are the same deal. I've done E, Mush, Weed and Weed laced with various other things (only thing that comes to mind is angel dust) and they haven't negatively affected me. I've gone overboard on mush, weed and alcohol but that was my own fault. Theres really no accounting for one's own stupidity, lol.

I sometimes smoke, its relaxing honestly lmao. Having a cigarette while drinking is amazing, after weed its sweet too. I'm not addicted by any means, the last time I smoked was a few days ago after not smoking since probably October.

And sex is fun, not really that big of a deal though. Haha.

Bodzilla
January 3rd, 2009, 01:20 AM
I sometimes smoke, its relaxing honestly lmao.

I'm not addicted by any means,
vOv

sure thing boss.

blind
January 3rd, 2009, 01:21 AM
the last time I smoked was a few days ago after not smoking since probably October.

welp

Bodzilla
January 3rd, 2009, 01:26 AM
i wouldnt say you where dependent on it.

but thats an addictive characteristic that wouldnt exist if you hadn't started smoking in the first place.
it takes a long long time for that shit to leave your system for good.

Bodzilla
January 3rd, 2009, 01:30 AM
Within 20 minutes of giving up smoking the effects are:
Your blood pressure and heart rate will return to normal
The nicotine and carbon monoxide levels in your blood will fall to half with oxygen levels returning to normal within eight hours
All traces of carbon monoxide will be removed from your body within 24 hours
Nicotine will be washed out of your body within 48 hours and your ability to taste and smell things will be vastly improved
Circulation of blood will return to normal from 2 to 12 weeks
In just under a year, your risk of heart attack will become half that of a smoker
In 10 years your risk of lung cancer will be less than half that of a smoker
In 15 years your risk factors for heart attack will become the same as that of a non-smoker

Modern research (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Research) shows that nicotine acts on the brain to produce a number of effects. Specifically, its addictive nature has been found to show that nicotine activates reward pathways—the circuitry within the brain that regulates feelings of pleasure and euphoria.[21] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicotine#cite_note-20)
To reduce the health effects of cigarette smoking, the best thing to do is to quit. Public health authorities do not endorse either smoking fewer cigarettes or switching to lower tar and nicotine brands as a satisfactory way of reducing risk.[22] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicotine#cite_note-21)
Dopamine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dopamine) is one of the key neurotransmitters (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurotransmitters) actively involved in the brain. Research shows that by increasing the levels of dopamine within the reward circuits in the brain, nicotine acts as a chemical with intense addictive qualities. In many studies it has been shown to be more addictive than cocaine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cocaine) and heroin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroin), though chronic treatment has an opposite effect on reward thresholds[citation needed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citation_needed)]. Like other physically addictive drugs, nicotine causes down-regulation of the production of dopamine and other stimulatory neurotransmitters as the brain attempts to compensate for artificial stimulation. In addition, the sensitivity of nicotinic acetylcholine receptors decreases. To compensate for this compensatory mechanism, the brain in turn upregulates the number of receptors, convoluting its regulatory effects with compensatory mechanisms meant to counteract other compensatory mechanisms. The net effect is an increase in reward pathway sensitivity, opposite of other drugs of abuse such as cocaine and heroin, which reduce reward pathway sensitivity.[18] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicotine#cite_note-Kenny-17) This neuronal brain alteration persists for months after administration ceases. Due to an increase in reward pathway sensitivity, nicotine withdrawal is relatively mild compared to ethanol or heroin withdrawal.[citation needed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citation_needed)] Nicotine also has the potential to cause dependence in many animals other than humans. Mice have been administered nicotine and exhibit withdrawal (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Withdrawal) reactions when its administration is stopped.[citation needed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citation_needed)]
A study found that nicotine exposure in adolescent mice retards the growth of the dopamine system, thus increasing the risk of substance abuse during adolescence.[23] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicotine#cite_note-22)

blind
January 3rd, 2009, 01:33 AM
i wouldnt say you where dependent on it.

but thats an addictive characteristic that wouldnt exist if you hadn't started smoking in the first place.
it takes a long long time for that shit to leave your system for good.
http://thesaurus.reference.com/browse/addiction

Anyways.
When I'm drinking or something, and someone offers me a cigarette I'll take it. I know I'm not addicted to it because I've never had a craving for them. I don't wake upo and think "hmm, I need a smoke", or just randomly have that pop into my head. Its just another part of going out and partying/drinking/blazing for me. Wouldn't do it outside of that setting because it doesn't appeal to me.

binkbink
January 3rd, 2009, 01:33 AM
Weed, honestly doesnt give me an effect. Alcohol, definitely gives an effect, and sex, thumbs up.

But really ,none of them are addicting to me.

Those 3 just give a situation [parties] a different effect , and it really isnt necessary for a good time.

Bodzilla
January 3rd, 2009, 01:35 AM
read my next reply. it takes months to leave your system and years for your body to return to being how it would of been had you not started smoking.

it's the most addictive substance known to man, doesnt mean your addicted, but if your getting relief from stress from it your showing signs of addiction. whether it's mild enough to be a problem is not what i'm saying.
your body has a craving for it, whether or not your "addicted".

blind
January 3rd, 2009, 01:39 AM
read my next reply. it takes months to leave your system and years for your body to return to being how it would of been had you not started smoking.

it's the most addictive substance known to man, doesnt mean your addicted, but if your getting relief from stress from it your showing signs of addiction. whether it's mild enough to be a problem is not what i'm saying.
your body has a craving for it, whether or not your "addicted".
If its too mild to be a problem then it shouldn't really matter, lol. And its not relieving stress, the only time that I ever smoke would be outside and its normally verrrrrrry cold outside. Its distracting from my freezing my balls off, I probably should have clarifiedddd

Bodzilla
January 3rd, 2009, 01:42 AM
i c.

n00b1n8R
January 3rd, 2009, 01:45 AM
Yo zilla
To get an addiction to smokes, you need to have quite a few (atleast a packet) withing a short space of time (a day or two).
wtf HPE taught me something.

blind
January 3rd, 2009, 01:45 AM
yes it is very ICY out!
LMFAO!

Bodzilla
January 3rd, 2009, 01:46 AM
Yo zilla
To get an addiction to smokes, you need to have quite a few (atleast a packet) withing a short space of time (a day or two).
wtf HPE taught me something.
not what i was saying n00blet :p

DaneO'Roo
January 3rd, 2009, 05:15 AM
Weed, honestly doesnt give me an effect

Quit smoking leaf you tightass.

nooBBooze
January 3rd, 2009, 07:20 AM
I once smoked eight cigarettes over the course of three days and i was shocked when i woke up the morning after and had this intense thoughts of this white, orange tipped stick and how much pleasure it would bring if i smoked it. That was actually quite disturbing to me as on just few occasions like when I haven't eaten properly or really talked to anyone in days [also fapping] I have felt such a purely physical urge imposing itself on my mind. The question wheter or not we should allow people to do what they want with their bodies, I don't really know if its legit when an addiction takes over and the victim is unable to actually DO what they WANT i.e. when the substance has taken over.

On the other hand, we might as well ban advertising, TV and newspapers while we're at it.

Bodzilla
January 3rd, 2009, 07:32 AM
i dont think anything should be banned, seeing how prohibition has never worked.

ever.

nooBBooze
January 3rd, 2009, 08:00 AM
i dont think anything should be banned, seeing how prohibition has never worked.

ever.
Actually, the partial prohibition we have now, seems to work quite well. While we are allowed accses to alcohol to fuel and spice up social events and cigarettes to... -well, can't exactly figure out what they are good for except obeying to peer pressure and allowing for cool gestures, we as a whole seem quite satisfied; except for the few druggies claiming otherwise.
As far as I can see, everyone profits. The pharmaceutical companies hoard fat stacks of cash for expensive, but most importatntly patented drugs wich are often ineffictiant and riddeled with side effects [-> moar medication->moar muney], politicians/criminal networks also earn shitloads of money as illegal drugs can be sold at far higher prices as long as they stay illegal. Organised crime also supports uncounted millions of jobs in security-related branches but that fear is generally profitable already has become a commonplace. So an unhealthy populace just satisfied enough as to not be tempted to riot is what makes a society thrive.
The complaints uttered by Druggies, communists and TERRORSTS are bound remain unheard as they onla make up a small part of the population so why should we care.
sarcasm
On topic:

I sometimes smoke, its relaxing honestly lmao.
Yes, the nervosity caused by not having a smoke, is usually calmed by having a smoke.

FRain
January 3rd, 2009, 08:50 AM
haha, you're a fucking idiot :) no, really, you'd do coke, you're a fucking idiot
Eh, never really looked into coke, so I didn't really know. nice shitpost

DarkHalo003
January 3rd, 2009, 08:57 AM
My teeth have enough yellow to them thanks to the syrup from coke(beverage) and coffee I drink. I'll use those alternatives instead of drinking, although red wine and some brands of beer do provide SOME nutrition to them. Just not in access.

Mass
January 3rd, 2009, 11:25 AM
Quit smoking leaf you tightass.
heh, yeah. Shake 'em for the THC crystals, scrape the resin and press that shit into hash. FFS.

dg
January 3rd, 2009, 11:34 AM
What you do to your own body is nobody's business, but your own.

Why do people have to become so rash and judgmental about something that they will not be able to control? I find it rather interesting that the majority here (yes, I say that without concrete facts. So sue me.) thinks that substance abuse is "okay" in moderation. Most users here are under the legal age in the USA to both drink/buy alcohol and to smoke/buy cigarettes. "So what's the problem here," you ask?

There is no problem.

As this thread continued, more and more drugs were brought into the "mix." Cocaine, MDMA, LSD, etc. The use of illegal substance is more a choice than a judgment that a person can make. To many people around your community, yes your community, drug use will not be a commonly accepted fact of life. I have had my share of "conflicts" with various members of different generations, but they had one extremely vital common belief: substance abuse is wrong. Now I understand that you might say I am becoming devil's advocate here, an extremely hypocritical advocate, but I want to ask you one simple question:

If the morals you have accept and do not "frown" upon the subject of substance abuse, will you decide to make a change when you become older?

Or will you become as "closed-minded" as the people you have to shield your habits from now? It was not my intention to write a "thought provoking" idea here, but I ask you to truly take this to heart. There will not be changes unless we are the ones to make them. Simple and true. I am indifferent to the legalization of marijuana and lowering drinking ages anywhere. There are many pros and cons to each side of both issues and I, mostly definitely, do not have the mental stability to make rational decisions whether to wholeheartedly support or not support them.

I would like to end with one thought, although I know I've said it before: What you do to your own body is nobody's business, but your own. A some what Libertarian philosophy that you may or may not agree with, but should at least consider before throwing accusations out about people just by some of the actions they take.

P.S. Sex is a different question all together. No one should ever throw sex in the ring or substances. They are not linked and definitely should thought out on different morals.

SnaFuBAR
January 3rd, 2009, 01:34 PM
Eh, never really looked into coke, so I didn't really know. nice shitpost
guys help, i think i'm getting trolled :(

FRain
January 3rd, 2009, 01:40 PM
Oh, damn this guy sounds legit. Quit shitting up the thread and lets take this to PMs.

ICEE
January 3rd, 2009, 01:48 PM

ever.

^ this. I believe it is my right as a human being to fuck myself over in any manner that I want to as long as it doesn't hurt others.

SnaFuBAR
January 3rd, 2009, 02:21 PM
Oh, damn this guy sounds legit. Quit shitting up the thread and lets take this to PMs.
Can anyone here tell FRain why cocaine is bad?

Pay attention in health classes dude. I'm not going to take something to PM's that you should know about. I'm not going to attempt to educate you. Hell if you want to get educated about the cocaine problem, that's your prerogative. Google.

Seriously, you brought this on yourself.

flibitijibibo
January 3rd, 2009, 03:07 PM

:words:Pretty much this. Like I said in my last post here, it just annoys me when idiots share their business with great pride and a stupid smile on their face.

Bodzilla
January 3rd, 2009, 03:50 PM

Why do people have to become so rash and judgmental about something that they will not be able to control? I find it rather interesting that the majority here (yes, I say that without concrete facts. So sue me.) thinks that substance abuse is "okay" in moderation. Most users here are under the legal age in the USA to both drink/buy alcohol and to smoke/buy cigarettes. "So what's the problem here," you ask?

There is no problem.

As this thread continued, more and more drugs were brought into the "mix." Cocaine, MDMA, LSD, etc. The use of illegal substance is more a choice than a judgment that a person can make. To many people around your community, yes your community, drug use will not be a commonly accepted fact of life. I have had my share of "conflicts" with various members of different generations, but they had one extremely vital common belief: substance abuse is wrong. Now I understand that you might say I am becoming devil's advocate here, an extremely hypocritical advocate, but I want to ask you one simple question:

If the morals you have accept and do not "frown" upon the subject of substance abuse, will you decide to make a change when you become older?

Or will you become as "closed-minded" as the people you have to shield your habits from now? It was not my intention to write a "thought provoking" idea here, but I ask you to truly take this to heart. There will not be changes unless we are the ones to make them. Simple and true. I am indifferent to the legalization of marijuana and lowering drinking ages anywhere. There are many pros and cons to each side of both issues and I, mostly definitely, do not have the mental stability to make rational decisions whether to wholeheartedly support or not support them.

I would like to end with one thought, although I know I've said it before: What you do to your own body is nobody's business, but your own. A some what Libertarian philosophy that you may or may not agree with, but should at least consider before throwing accusations out about people just by some of the actions they take.

P.S. Sex is a different question all together. No one should ever throw sex in the ring or substances. They are not linked and definitely should thought out on different morals.
<3

thats all there is to say.

Random
January 3rd, 2009, 04:47 PM
If you wanna hang out youve got to take her out; cocaine.
If you wanna get down, down on the ground; cocaine.
She dont lie, she dont lie, she dont lie; cocaine.

If you got bad news, you wanna kick them blues; cocaine.
When your day is done and you wanna run; cocaine.

If your thing is gone and you wanna ride on; cocaine.
Dont forget this fact, you cant get it back; cocaine.

Bodzilla
January 3rd, 2009, 04:53 PM
sCQI98NDJa0
Cocaine.

Phopojijo edit: Removed hidden audio (as per rules).

DarkHalo003
January 3rd, 2009, 04:54 PM
Sublime would fit nicely in here, wouldn't you say?

FRain
January 3rd, 2009, 04:56 PM
Eh, never really looked into coke, so I didn't really know.

I didn't say I wanted you to PM me about Cocaine. I said to take your fucking idiotic trolling to PM's, not the drugs talk.

Now, the shitposts can all stop here and we can continue the topic as Alcohol, Drugs, Sex and You, not Snaf and FRain's fucking bickering.

Mass
January 3rd, 2009, 04:58 PM
I agree for the most part. With the exception of drugs that cause significant danger to bystanders, such as PCP and a few others, I think policing and banning substances is simply not a worthwhile venture. It's been known ever since the beginning of accurate research on these subjects that, in addition to being very expensive, policing is simply a horrendously ineffective discouraging factor. This is not to say cops should stop confiscating hard drugs from people should they come across them in public, but spending billions on investigation and raids is beyond frivolous.

An aggressive education policy is much more logical as the real danger with these things isn't that there are people out there willing to use them, it's that people will be misinformed and suffer from addiction and deadly consequences without being aware of the risk they initially put themselves in. While my own school is extremely progressive and maybe "alarmingly liberal" my drug education still reduced to "We're gonna lock you up, dope-smokers!" If instead of telling people they can't do meth, they ought to be told that they'll scratch their own skin off because they want to lavish in every possible sensation, or that it is made from a collection of extremely unsavory chemicals.

People should have free access to competent, complete, well-funded and maintained rehabilitation programs. You can't expect to win the attention of addicts by making an example of people, or by brewing hatred of law enforcement instead of trust and cooperation.

I don't think people should do dangerous illicit substances, and if it was possible to effectively force them to stop, I would support it. However, as things are now, you don't hunt cockroaches with hand grenades and you can't agressively police substances.

Phopojijo
January 3rd, 2009, 04:59 PM
Jeebus -- Relax people o.o It's just the internet.

Bodzilla
January 3rd, 2009, 04:59 PM
Phopojijo edit: Removed hidden audio (as per rules).
Jesus christ your quick o__O

DarkHalo003
January 3rd, 2009, 05:04 PM
Yeah, it's when drinking and drugs get to the point where you either can't control yourself, you put other's at harm's way, or lose consciousness that make it utterly bad. That's one main reason I don't like smoking; I really don't care to breathe in the smoke that others put out around me. It would also kind of suck to have someone who has drunk a bit to much to run off their side of the road and crash into you.

t3h m00kz
January 4th, 2009, 12:12 AM
Well, I got shitfaced on New Years like you guys wouldn't fuckin believe it was awesome

I've never approved of overdrinking to the point of putting yourself and others at risk, but occasional is fine.

Heathen
January 4th, 2009, 01:09 AM
Jeebus -- Relax people o.o It's just the internet.
qft

Limited
January 4th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Interesting thread..

Smoking? No, never tried never wanted to never will. I dont see a reason inhale smoke, I'm pretty partial to clean fresh air.

Drugs? No, drugs can ruin people's lives, you can die from only one time, I dont care if Joe Blogs can have 10 pills all in one night and survive, hes a different person. I'm a not for all kinds of drugs, injecting, smoking, sniffing, its just not lifestyle I want.

Alcohol? Now we're talking. I'm not an alcoholic, I can go out and have a good time with zero alcohol, but its great stuff. Beer, love it, my favourite is fosters and I can't stand stella (chav drink). Vodka, JD, Jagamiester, all great shots.

Wines? I love red wine, I really hate rose wine, white is okay if thats the only thing going.

I'm starting to calm down on the drinking, I've been way too drunk too many times. I'd say once a week is a good amount to go out and get drunk.

Going to pub to watch a football match usually leads to a few beers.

The whole sex age thing is ridcilous, the UK has so many teenage mums, do they ever get prosicuted? No, the goverment even gives them money for it, wtf?

MastaCheefa
January 4th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Its funny how people can proudly say they drink alcohol but would never give something like pot a chance. Alcohol is very much a drug. And a hard drug at that. More than 100,000 people in the U.S. alone die from excessive alcohol consumption every year. While no one has ever died from smoking/eating pot or even ingesting 'magic' mushrooms. If you drink alcohol, consider yourself a drug user.

Jean-Luc
January 4th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Its funny how people can proudly say they drink alcohol but would never give something like pot a chance. Alcohol is very much a drug. And a hard drug at that. More than 100,000 people in the U.S. alone die from excessive alcohol consumption every year. While no one has ever died from smoking/eating pot or even ingesting 'magic' mushrooms. If you drink alcohol, consider yourself a drug user.

Finally someone says it :awesome:

+rep for you sir

Alwin Roth
January 4th, 2009, 04:07 PM
the following is just my opinion.

SEX is a part of life to make children or just because people like it, just because you didnt have it, doesnt mean your head will burst into flames AND just because you DID have it, doesnt mean your god...

BEER is, IMO, just an excuse to touch women's breast and "bump" into people, i drank it, and i dont like it that much.

SMOKING is for people that are too stressed out, if you do it to look cool, then... you get the point...

DRUGS ... ok, why not just get a gun if you want to kill yourself...

MARGARITAS are great, and i only take the non-alcoholic ones if they are mixed with the good kind of fruits: Strawberries, raspberry, etc.

I have not smoked, i have drunk alcohol in those swiss/german beer festivals back in switzerland, i havent had sex, and i dont do drugs... and once in las vegas the waitress served me orange juice with alcohol... i was 14...

-and yes, i know that sig i currently have is quite ironic to what i posted here-

Inferno
January 4th, 2009, 04:09 PM

It's because society has brainwashed us all. :tinfoil: I personally would try pot it I were ever offered it but I'm not actively seeking it out or anything.
@Alwin
Ha ha I like margaritas too. I stole some of my parent's a few nights ago. They had people over for dinner and what not.

Mass
January 4th, 2009, 05:20 PM
DRUGS ... ok, why not just get a gun if you want to kill yourself...

...with the exception of pot...

t3h m00kz
January 4th, 2009, 05:21 PM
Pff... If pot's a drug, alcohol is a god damn barrel of toxic waste blended with LSD and angel dust

Bodzilla
January 4th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Pff... If pot's a drug, alcohol is a god damn barrel of toxic waste blended with LSD and angel dust
your not far from the truth with all that proservative, added shit they put in it.

Homemade For the mutha fucking win.
trust me.

JunkfoodMan
January 4th, 2009, 05:39 PM
your not far from the truth with all that proservative, added shit they put in it.

Homemade For the mutha fucking win.
trust me.

home brew o/

Bodzilla
January 4th, 2009, 06:04 PM
\o

t3h m00kz
January 4th, 2009, 06:05 PM
Dude I've been wanting to do that for so long

Hook me up with some steps mb?

Bodzilla
January 4th, 2009, 06:33 PM
piece of piss mate. you know that an alcohol still is just basically a big Water distill right?
sure theres a couple types but the basic gist is all the same.

Your still basically consists of a big barrell (or in our case an old beer keg) thats attached to a metal shaft (the shaft is stuffed with steel wool, it helps purify the steam). About 10cm down from the top the metal shaft breaks to the left or the right and goes up again for a little place for the fumes to get caught.
now this chamer has copper pipe in it thats got a constant flow of cold water going through it.

Basically you heat the alcohol, it turns to steam goes up the shaft then into the gas chamber. From there the water in the copper pipes condenses it and turns it back to a liquid and drips out the bottom and you end up with a really pure alcohol coming out that if it's done properly and thoughly is at about 95% alcohol.
from that you water it down and add additives to it.

now to get the alcohol to run through the still in the first place it's basically about fermenting things with different ingrediates for different types of alcohol.
using things like Weat, Barley, mollassis, Corn and sugar you get your different alcohol base's for different liquids.

Now the Temperature you heat your still to is critically important to the purity of the Ethanol.
Thats because alcohol is actually a bit of an umbrella term for a whole range of liquids, and most are pretty fucking shit to say the least.
now your methanol burns at about 73 Degrees celcius (i think working from memory) and Ethanol the alcohol you want is at about 78 degrees.
so you heat your still to about 73 degrees and distill as much methanol as you can out of the still. Eventually the temperature in the still will start to quickly spike (so you have to watch it) cause it's running out of Methanol to burn off.
let it spike to 78 degrees and stable the temperature.
now let a little bit of ethanol go through the still to wash out the methanol you've collected. Then chuck it all away, it's useless, bitter and fuckign horrendous.

repeat with the ethanol until the temperature starts to spike.
Cut the power and wahlah you have your ethanol.

with good bourbons and things like that it's best to store them away with Oak wood (different types of bourbon like different things, like sligtly charred wood) chips in the bottles for a few months to age it, makes it smoother. Also water it down to about 60% for it's aging.
it's not necessary but it sure helps.

and a way to increase the speed of aging is buy placing it in a roof or something of the like so that it's at about 40-50 degrees.
it helps pull the flavours out of the wood and make it all the smoother.

Then simply filter the chips out of the booze, water down to about 40% (you can drink op at 60% if you want, but because it's incredibly smoother it will taste like a standard drink, and that shit will catch up with you in a few minutes, trust me on that.)
Then sit back and enjoy your non-preservative, purer alcohol that doenst give you head aches or hangovers.

and heres a website that will give you the exact amount of water you need to get the alcohol to the percentage of your choice.
http://www.brewcraftwa.com.au/spirit_calculators.html

FluffyDucky™
January 4th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Omg..

FRain
January 4th, 2009, 07:13 PM
In before FBI takedown :P

Bodzilla
January 4th, 2009, 07:34 PM
we dont sell any of it, we drink it exactly the same as if it was bought stuff, where not making anything on the side and where not endangering ourselves or anyone around us.
not only is it safe but it's actually healthier for you then the stuff you buy commercially.

the only reason theres prohibition on it is to force you to buy it from a store so they can tax you.
simple as that.

t3h m00kz
January 4th, 2009, 07:42 PM
:words:

NOTEPADDED B4 FBI TAKEDOWN

Holy fuck son that's craaazeyh

Sounds like you got quite the setup, I figured it was as easy as putting yeast, sugar and grape juice in a big ass ziplock bag and keeping it in the back of a toilet for about a week lmao. But sounds like the shit you make is much more potent than any toilet wine, and will probably get you FUCKED UP beyond belief :haw:

Thanks for the info, I'mma look into it a little more

Bodzilla
January 4th, 2009, 07:45 PM
it can be more potent :p. not recommended though.

also Toilet wine?
bit uncouth eh. u gotta do this shit proper.
*twiddles mustache*

Bodzilla
January 4th, 2009, 09:14 PM
look if it's worth doing it's worth over doing.

This is the Pizza oven where modeling ours off. Where on the home stretch now, we've got a tiny bit of bricking to do then we have the Roof to make and we'll be basically done.

http://www.traditionaloven.com/pizza_wood_oven/pizza_oven_4.html

El Lobo
January 5th, 2009, 11:28 PM
Achohol, Drugs, Sex and Lobo

All of the above are cool

I usually only smoke when I drink or I'm stressed out from an upcoming exam or something, never have felt a need to smoke though, don't know, maybe I'm only addicted when I get drunk.

Nothing wrong with weed. When you start getting into things like coke and acid though, I disagree with that kind of thing. You can't die from an overdose on weed.

ExAm
January 6th, 2009, 12:16 AM
You can't die from an overdose on weed.
ftfy :eng101:

El Lobo
January 6th, 2009, 12:38 AM
Not really, you just changed it. If you can't overdose on weed, you obviously can't die from an overdose on weed.

nooBBooze
January 6th, 2009, 02:06 PM
I wouldn't be so sure of that. I mean if you are seriously tripping balls, I could imagine some things you do might just be stupid enough to get you killed.

JunkfoodMan
January 6th, 2009, 02:11 PM
also muki, you might want to make your own cider too.
shits so fucking sweet.

TheGhost
January 6th, 2009, 03:26 PM
I wouldn't be so sure of that. I mean if you are seriously tripping balls, I could imagine some things you do might just be stupid enough to get you killed.

If you were that high you would probably just pass out.

DarkHalo003
January 6th, 2009, 04:24 PM
...with the exception of pot...
Because pot is natural? You're still putting smoke into your body. Doesn't that bother anyone? It would honestly bother the hell out of me, which is one reason why I stay away from it, but then again, if you've spaced it out for a few months and do it for celebration, it won't kill you or harm you (at least not a lot). I'm against smoking because I think it's a tad dangerous and looks sick, but I don't have a problem if other people do it by themselves (except cigs because cigs are downright nasty). Like, I don't care, as long as it's not around me. Main reason being it smells and tastes like shit IMO. I know many dispute that though. What smells and tastes nice is completely up to the individual. But it's their body I suppose, so they can do what they want with it. I really don't want a mass argument out of this. People just say pot is bad because of the smoke, stink, and some of the nut-jobs that do it. It's only dangerously bad if you can't control it.

Drinking is actually okay for you depending on the type and brand of drink you get. Some of it is healthy. Beer and Wine have some beneficial factors to them when taken in safe amounts. Alcohol is not dangerous originally because your liver deals with it. But when you get drunk,your liver gets overtaken and overtime stuff gets bad. It's all about control and taking only small amounts at a time.

MastaCheefa
January 6th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Theres many healthy ways to ingest pot. You can eat it, drink it, vaporize it or even let it dissolve on your tongue in the form of a fresh breath strip. Smoking just seems to be the most convenient I think. Marijuana also has many beneficial factors. A new study has just shown that those who smoke pot are more likely to have a better memory in old age than those that dont, believe it or not. Pot helps to keep swelling down in the brain which is the main cause of memory loss in older people.

Sorry, not trying to debate you I just hate to see people that are mis/uninformed about marijuana.

LinkandKvel
January 6th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Because pot is natural? You're still putting smoke into your body.Yea but the smoke isn't what's killing/harming you. It's the shit in the actual cigs themselves.

Oh haven't posted in this topic yet.

Drugs: I see no problem with unless it's some off the wall shit like crack cocaine etc.

Alchohol: Also see no problem with. Drink what you want as long as your sure not to do stupid shit once you are drunk.

Smoking: isn't even in the thread title. wth did THAT discussion come from?

Sex: yes and lots. as long as your safe about it. I don't regret any of it neither. You guys can wait but my time has BEEN up. no virginity and still have no regrets.

Mass
January 6th, 2009, 08:24 PM
Because pot is natural? You're still putting smoke into your body. Doesn't that bother anyone?
I think you misunderstand why cigarette smoking is so dangerous, it's because of how the addiction drives people to smoke in large quantities. See, even a habitual, well-off marijuana user still smokes an amount less than two cigarettes' worth of plant matter a day, and in fact most people don't use it daily and those who do probably smoke around half a cigarette's worth a day. Which is to say, you're ingesting 20-80X less smoke even as a daily user, and the stress relieving factor in addition to the way in which THC kills cells that are past their point of useful bodily service and hold cancerous potential, more than compensates (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/25/AR2006052501729_pf.html).

Actually, I heard somewhere that Bob Marley may have been born with his tumor, and that habitual marijuana use could have delayed its progression and extended his life.

mech
January 6th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Because pot is natural? You're still putting smoke into your body.

Have you ever eaten Mcdonalds, if yes then quiet because you don't know what the hell you're putting in your body.

nooBBooze
January 7th, 2009, 11:51 AM
I think you misunderstand why cigarette smoking is so dangerous, it's because of how the addiction drives people to smoke in large quantities. See, even a habitual, well-off marijuana user still smokes an amount less than two cigarettes' worth of plant matter a day, and in fact most people don't use it daily and those who do probably smoke around half a cigarette's worth a day.
I think you have to take into account that its usually used unfiltered and deeply inhaled. Infact a regular joint should damage the lungs to the same extend as maybe 4 or 6 cigarettes; even more if you are supplied by fucking criminals contaminating your weed with fucking glass powder, rock powder, sugar etc.

dark57
January 7th, 2009, 02:37 PM
R_6ItxioUco

Sex education time.

DarkHalo003
January 7th, 2009, 04:44 PM
Have you ever eaten Mcdonalds, if yes then quiet because you don't know what the hell you're putting in your body.
You know, you bring up a point, but seeing as how I never gain weight, I really don't care. I rather put grease then smoke in me any day.

Meh, I'm just not a drug approved person personally. That's not going to make me stop other people though. It's their and their family's business if they drink, smoke, or screw. Whoever they can consider as family.

t3h m00kz
January 7th, 2009, 04:56 PM
:words:

I already knew about this honestly, I've got a friend who informed me about why marijuana is actually less of a threat to your body than tobacco. From what I understand, marijuana was only made illegal because of immigrants coming over and getting high all the time which alot of people get pissed off at. Don't quote my on that.

I think you have to take into account that its usually used unfiltered and deeply inhaled. Infact a regular joint should damage the lungs to the same extend as maybe 4 or 6 cigarettes; even more if you are supplied by fucking criminals contaminating your weed with fucking glass powder, rock powder, sugar etc.

Which is why you grow your own shit :eng101:

Personally, I wouldn't go about weed with a blunt, it sounds more hazardous to your health. I'd probably need like a crazy filter pipe or a bong. Better yet, some baked goods. ;D

^qft

Big Macs with bacon still fucking rock though.

Bodzilla
January 7th, 2009, 05:45 PM
i think the biggest problems with pot are the psychological issues that can arise from over use.
such as schizophrenia.

or has that been disproved now? i've been out of the loop too long.

DarkHalo003
January 7th, 2009, 06:03 PM
i think the biggest problems with pot are the psychological issues that can arise from over use.
such as schizophrenia.

or has that been disproved now? i've been out of the loop too long.
Yeah, I'm curious about that too. If someone could say what's what soon. :awesome:

Bodzilla
January 7th, 2009, 06:14 PM
my mums was an adolescent mental health worker and she saw the effects of prolonged excessive use (it's bold and italic for a good reason).
it had a massive hand in alot of people mental health which i think is worse then any physical argument people can come up with to scare people with.
hell my dad had alot of friends who where right into it (he was a ratbag back in the days) and a few of his mates developed schizophrenia, along with other things.

i still believe that it is a choice that people should be allowed to make.

and i too have heard that some of the history behind the prohibition was for racial discrimination. Apparently the negros or the mexicans used to be heavy smokers back in the day (probably why the negro's made such awesome Jazz) and it was a means for the government to target them.

ExAm
January 7th, 2009, 06:53 PM
I think you have to take into account that its usually used unfiltered and deeply inhaled. Infact a regular joint should damage the lungs to the same extend as maybe 4 or 6 cigarettes; even more if you are supplied by fucking criminals contaminating your weed with fucking glass powder, rock powder, sugar etc.What I've heard is, Pot smoke doesn't have the tar in it that tobacco smoke does, and doesn't blacken the lungs, nor does it have the carcinogens of tobacco. It's still smoke, but it doesn't damage your lungs to nearly the same extent as a cigarette, even filtered.

MastaCheefa
January 8th, 2009, 01:54 AM
Alot of good pot questions in this thread...sure would be nice if the gov. would allow a proper study on the stuff.

If smoking cannabis is a strong predictor of future depression or schizophrenia, then shouldn't there be a spike in the reporting of those conditions around 1978, when 37 percent of high school seniors reported past-month cannabis use, and a decline in depression and schizophrenia around 1992, when the modern low of 12 percent was reported? Instead, what we find is that about 1 percent of the population develops schizophrenia, and that figure stays relatively steady even as cannabis use rises and falls.

t3h m00kz
August 23rd, 2009, 02:58 AM
I've done some research on pot, and found out some details on it. Pretty interesting

I went on a quest to find out why it's illegal. I've come to the conclusion, the only reason Marijuana's bad is because of it's legal status, not AT ALL because of the effects of the drug. Some facts I found out:

A hemp field of 1 acre is able to produce as much as 4.1 acres of fully grown trees. Hemp grows seasonally, trees take hundreds of years to grow. Do the math; hemp products would be much less hazardous to our planet than cutting down trees. However, back in the early 1900s, if Pot were legalized, the hemp industry would most likely put tons of others out of business.

Pot is actually safe for you, moreso than tobacco or alchohol. It's much less physically addictive, and much, MUCH less harmful. Studies show time and time again that Pot does not deteriorate the brain in any way. In fact, Pot is more than likely more HEALTHY than anything. Yes, smoking it may cause some lung irritation (no more than cigarettes, mind you), but you can eat it as an alternative, so that's ruled out. There's no way to OD on pot, you will not die from THC. It's likely that Pot causes cancer cells to commit suicide. It's proven that Pot causes your blood vessels to expand, which can reduce high blood pressure. From what I hear, Pot is really good for relieving stress.

Which brings me to another speculation; if Pot were legalized, people would probably go to the doctor much less because they wouldn't feel like shit all the time, which would reduce the income of the health care industry.

So, you'd have tree-product companies and the health care industry making less money because of a cheap, easily-grown herb being available.

What does the government do? Before the internet and any other form of media is available, they get into people's heads through the TV. Anti-Marijuana propaganda, movies like "Reefer Madness," giving the plant a bad image because of it's potential in order for the government to rake in more and more money. They've lied about it, flip-flopped saying in one case it'll make people go crazy and, in another case, saying it makes troops too lazy. Apparently some of the propaganda is actually extremely racist against Mexicans, though I haven't looked into the details. I've only heard about it.

People who smoke pot are portrayed as stupid losers. Let's face it, if someone fails a drug test they don't get a job. If weed were legalized, a pothead could get any job he wanted and have just as much of a chance at life as anyone else. But no, smoke pot, you don't pass the drug test, you don't get a job. The only reason potheads are losers is because of the illegality of the drug, not because of the side effects of the drug itself.

I'm not usually one to bash the government system, but ffs I really hope they consider legalizing Pot and hemp products in general. It's foolish not to, it's safe for the environment, much safer for the body than alcohol or tobacco, the hemp products would be beneficial, and people would be able to go home at night, get high, watch a movie, play some damn video games and chill.

Really, I wish I could get baked once in a while. My life can be just a bit stressful. *WRIST*

TL/DR: Legalize the herb. It's harmless to the body, Hemp products are much, MUCH more efficient and environment-friendly than tree products.

Edit: Got damn that's my longest longpost ever

Bodzilla
August 23rd, 2009, 03:10 AM
it's not completely harmless.

i've seen the effects of pot on long time users and the ways they process information first hand.
it affects people, it's just a very very subtle change over time.

But so do things like alcohol.
Pots just banned because it's nearly impossible to tax and in the early days they wanted to do something to piss off the mexicans and the black jazz house scene.

E: fun fact:
pot does nothing to zilla, at all.
i'm better off having another drink then another smoke, all i've gotten is a swore throat. meh.

t3h m00kz
August 23rd, 2009, 03:16 AM
yeah, I suppose it's not completely harmless, nothing intoxicating is. Overtime with consistent use, damage is done. It is however significantly less harmful than a good number of things out there, MUCH less harmful than cigarettes and probably alchohol. This includes alot of the over-the-counter stuff you can get at pharmacies, lol

As Chris Rock said, take thirteen asprin and that headache will be yo' last

Ganon
August 23rd, 2009, 03:21 AM
drugs harm my wallet

ExAm
August 23rd, 2009, 03:39 AM
yeah, I suppose it's not completely harmless, nothing intoxicating is. Overtime with consistent use, damage is done. It is however significantly less harmful than a good number of things out there, MUCH less harmful than cigarettes and probably alchohol. This includes alot of the over-the-counter stuff you can get at pharmacies, lol

As Chris Rock said, take thirteen asprin and that headache will be yo' last
It's different between people. I have a friend who's been smoking the stuff like a chimney for years, and he's sharp as a tack.

StankBacon
August 23rd, 2009, 04:17 AM
such as schizophrenia.

lmfao, are you serious?

ExAm
August 23rd, 2009, 04:36 AM
Hahahahahahahahaha, schizophrenia? Really, Zilla? Really?

Bodzilla
August 23rd, 2009, 07:34 AM
http://www.schizophrenia.com/prevention/streetdrugs.html

Researchers in New Zealand found that those who used cannabis by the age of 15 were more than three times (300%) more likely to develop illnesses such as schizophrenia. Other research has backed this up, showing that cannabis use increases the risk of psychosis by up to 700% for heavy users, and that the risk increases in proportion to the amount of cannabis used (smoked or consumed). Additionally, the younger a person smokes/uses cannabis, the higher the risk for schizophrenia, and the worse the schizophrenia is when the person does develop it. Research by psychiatrists in inner-city areas speak of cannabis being a factor in up to 80 percent of schizophrenia cases.

Overall people were 4.5 times more likely to be schizophrenic at 26 if they were regular cannabis smokers at 15, compared to 1.65 times for those who did not report regular use until age 18.

http://bipolar.about.com/od/relateddisorders/a/schizo_pot.htm

Now a new study from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York has shed light on the reason for the link between marijuana and schizophrenia. With several groups of adolescents as their subjects, they used a special type of MRI called diffusion tensor imaging to compare the brains of those with and without schizophrenia, both users and non-users of marijuana. They found that heavy use of marijuana caused the type of abnormalities in certain areas of the brain as were found in the brains of the subjects with schizophrenia, and these abnormalities were the most pronounced in schizophrenic subjects who regularly smoked marijuana. The abnormalities occur in a brain pathway related to language and auditory functions which is still developing during adolescence.

Thus if a young person is genetically at risk for schizophrenia, the research suggests, the use of marijuana can cause the same kind of damage the schizophenia would cause, which could bring on the illness when it might otherwise have not have emerged, cause earlier onset, and/or worsen the condition.

Marijuana use is on the increase. Despite its reputation as a benign drug with medicinal properties, new Australian research is showing it may have a darker side after all - particularly for adolescent users.

Links have been made between marijuana use and the onset of schizophrenia before but, as Catalyst’s Paul Willis reports, new research suggests something quite worrying for all young cannabis users.

Dr Martin Cohen at the Hunter Medical Research Institute in Newcastle is comparing the functioning brain of cannabis users and schizophrenia sufferers with a control group, and alarmingly the brains of young heavy dope smokers are actually functioning more like the brain of a schizophrenic.
http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/s777336.htm

yeah, theres a little evidence to support it...

my mums worked in adolescent mental health for over 25 years and is now teaching, doing speeches and supporting a long distance education system training the next generation.
yes it does.

all evidence she's ever seen supports everything these news articles are saying.
Yes pot can fuck you up, but so do alot of other things as i've said before it's about controlled use, not abuse.

ICEE
August 23rd, 2009, 02:16 PM
I too have heard that pot can have negative effects on the brain after frequent use for years and years. Apparently, it can slow (or put gaps in) your thought process. Causing the long-time user to make long pauses between words or sentences while he thinks of the next thing to say. I believe that in moderation, the drug is for the most part harmless.

Please take note that this post was made while under the influence.

Cojafoji
August 23rd, 2009, 03:55 PM
how about you don't let people tell you what to do, mmk kids?

stick by the morals your parents taught you, and you should be fine.

if your parents didn't teach you anything, than get ready for a ride.

t3h m00kz
August 23rd, 2009, 04:18 PM
My parents told me being gay is a sin and completely immoral, Bush was a good president, Obama will fuck us over, and that I should live my life to praise the lord.

paladin
August 23rd, 2009, 04:22 PM
you need new parents.

Syuusuke
August 23rd, 2009, 04:47 PM
Oh conservatives.

paladin
August 23rd, 2009, 05:03 PM
You Homies, I just got an Ounce of weed and a 18 pack of Bud, who wants to get fucked up and snort some coke. THen go raw dawg and spread aids. Be at m pad by 8:30. Thats when the fun begins.

Syuusuke
August 23rd, 2009, 05:21 PM
Oh man smoking and drinking...at the same time.

Cagerrin
August 23rd, 2009, 05:27 PM
Oh man smoking and drinking...at the same time.
feels good man

Also a tad too young to drink or smoke, so no real experience with such other than the occasional sip of wine due to church services.

Smoking is silly, though. Point of hacking and coughing?

t3h m00kz
August 23rd, 2009, 05:32 PM
That's only with Tobacco mostly. Tobacco is unbelievably unhealthy to smoke compared to other things.

except for maybe crack idk

That's why you get things like water pipes and vaporizers. It reduces the amount of damage caused by the smoke, while still providing the user with the active chemical.

Rosco
August 23rd, 2009, 06:10 PM
That's only with Tobacco mostly. Tobacco is unbelievably unhealthy to smoke compared to other things.

except for maybe crack idk

That's why you get things like water pipes and vaporizers. It reduces the amount of damage caused by the smoke, while still providing the user with the active chemical.

you mean bongs? :realsmug:

Heathen
August 23rd, 2009, 06:24 PM
I dont do drugs. I do women.

Cojafoji
August 23rd, 2009, 07:22 PM
smoke 1 gram marijuana, drink 12 beers.

t3h m00kz
August 23rd, 2009, 07:36 PM
you mean bongs? :realsmug:

MAN DONT SAY THAT MAN.

YOU DONT WANNA GET KICKED OUT OF THE STORE DO YOU FFFFFF

DrunkenSamus
August 23rd, 2009, 07:59 PM
A great taste in music combined with marijuana equals one hell of a spiritual journey.

Cojafoji
August 23rd, 2009, 08:02 PM
A great taste in music combined with psilocybin or lsd equals one hell of a spiritual journey.
ftfy

Mr Buckshot
August 23rd, 2009, 08:11 PM
Alcohol and cigarettes may be legal, but to me they're just a waste of money. I can afford a dedicated sound card for my desktop, that doesn't mean I want to buy one. Same thing here. My life is still good and happy without any alcohol or tobacco. Even if I can afford it, I don't ever need it so I won't ever buy it.

Pot - well, if you get so hooked on it that you neglect everything else in life, you leave your home to become a dazed bum in the streets, you waste your life trying to get more and more pot, you're a stupid loser and you don't deserve any sympathy (I see such people in every city btw, they in fact pose a threat to public safety). If you, say, smoke pot only on occasion, and behave normally the rest of the time doing other things, no problem. Same thing with alcohol. You get totally drunk every single day for hours, there's a big problem (with your liver too). You drink one or two glasses at the occasional party, no problem.

In fact it's similar to video games. You play for 2, 3 hours a day and spend the rest of your time being a normal person with a life, no problem. You play 20 hours a day and lack a social life or a means of living, big problem.

As for sex, well, it's not something I find worth thinking about when I'm still in school. Maybe after I grad from uni, get a real job, and prove myself to be a responsible person in a relationship, then I'll think about it. I have no interest in prostitutes or whatever, that's stupid imo.

Even if pot is legalized, well, just because something is legal doesn't necessaily mean it's a good idea to do it. It's legal to become obese, that doesn't mean one should become obese. It's legal to drop out of high school, that doesn't make it a smart choice. Right now cigarettes are legal, that doesn't change the fact that they can damage your health, hence it's not a good idea to smoke.

Needles
August 23rd, 2009, 08:17 PM
Drugs and alchohol don't seem to bad to me at all in moderation. I'm probaly going to try them when I get older too.

Mr Buckshot
August 23rd, 2009, 08:26 PM
Drugs and alchohol don't seem to bad to me at all in moderation. I'm probaly going to try them when I get older too.

Hopefully you do actually consume them in moderation; tons of people I've met have thought the same way but they lack self control and get hooked and things go wrong.

Needles
August 23rd, 2009, 08:33 PM
Hopefully you do actually consume them in moderation; tons of people I've met have thought the same way but they lack self control and get hooked and things go wrong.

Well, I think I could, but I don't know.

I'm pretty sure being very moderate would solve it. My dad used to drink, but only 1-2 times every 5 months. His smoking was also very rare, he did it uncommonly so whenever he wanted to stop it was easy for him.

Mass
August 23rd, 2009, 08:42 PM
if you're born prone to schizophrenia it can be damaging to use marijuana

if you're born with lactose intolerance it can be damaging to drink milk

Siliconmaster
August 23rd, 2009, 10:34 PM
Sex- I see no problem as long as you're safe and mature about it.

Alcohol- Having had a roommate who was/is an alcoholic, I'd say moderation, fine, but any more than that and it's not a good thing.

Drugs- I don't do them, and (probably) won't. Pot seems pretty harmless, but I see no real reason to do it. Anything past that is just idiotic and brain-rotting.

t3h m00kz
August 24th, 2009, 03:41 AM
heh, salviaaaaa ♪

no I haven't tried the shit. It's legal though, and it looks crazy as fuck.

n00b1n8R
August 24th, 2009, 04:57 AM
From what I've heard, Salvia doesn't really do shit.

StankBacon
August 24th, 2009, 06:44 AM
if you get the good kind it can make you trip, but it mostly makes you laugh your ass.

MastaCheefa
August 24th, 2009, 11:48 AM
Salvia is the worst drug ever. I tried it thinking it was gonna be rather benign considering its legality but oh I was wrong. Ive never been so scared in my life. You trip very hard on it and the whole time your laughing even though your scared shitless. I thought I had turned to stone and my mind was being excavated by the devil...honestly I dont know anyone who has enjoyed salvia.

Now mushrooms, that is a trip everyone should experience at least once in their life.

Cojafoji
August 24th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Now mushrooms, that is a trip everyone should experience at least once in their life.
:iamafag: word son, word.

also, if you're going to smoke weed, smoke the good stuff. don't buy from shady people, and only smoke stuff that looks, and smells good. most importantly, only by from nice people, the kind that invite you in to sit down and relax etc.

Dotkito92
August 24th, 2009, 05:24 PM
I'm only 17 and I've already tried several types of beer and wine. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it as long as you don't drive after you drink. Cigarette smoking looks cool but it causes cancer. If they invent cigarettes that don't harm your health I'll start smoking that.

Futzy
August 24th, 2009, 05:28 PM
This is the worst thread on Modacity.

t3h m00kz
August 24th, 2009, 06:04 PM
I'm only 17 and I've already tried several types of beer and wine. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it as long as you don't drive after you drink. Cigarette smoking looks cool but it causes cancer. If they invent cigarettes that don't harm your health I'll start smoking that.

Alcohol's a bit less harmful to your body than tobacco, but trust me, it'll do damage.

Inventing cigarettes that don't harm your health? Weed bro. If you decide to, just make sure you're safe about it and don't get caught. Kinda like sodomizing your wife in Alabama

Salvia is the worst drug ever. I tried it thinking it was gonna be rather benign considering its legality but oh I was wrong. Ive never been so scared in my life. You trip very hard on it and the whole time your laughing even though your scared shitless. I thought I had turned to stone and my mind was being excavated by the devil...honestly I dont know anyone who has enjoyed salvia.

I've heard Salvia's a bit "ffffffffff" but I'm tempted to try it just once so I know what the fuck a hard drug is like. Shrooms I haven't heard too much about, other than the fact that recent studies have been showing more and more positive effects from them.

Xetsuei
August 24th, 2009, 06:53 PM
http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index.jhtml?videoId=241125&title=celebrity-video-tommy-chong-vs.

UnevenElefant5
August 24th, 2009, 07:22 PM
sex - It's the individual's choice tbh, as long as it's consensual. I mean, like, if a 16 and 17 year old want to have sex, then let them, but put an age limit, cause we don't want 25 and 15 year old's together :puke:

Alcohol- I'm only 15 and haven't really tried alcohol that much. I've only been buzzed once or twice.

Drugs- Again, it's the user's choice. Pot's pretty good if you're just chilling with some friends. I'm not so keen on the harder drugs though, I'll stick to this.

t3h m00kz
August 24th, 2009, 11:23 PM
guyz i just bot a "water pipe" today does that make me a stonuhr

Bodzilla
August 25th, 2009, 04:42 AM
no mahn just makes u coo.

t3h m00kz
August 25th, 2009, 02:26 PM
dank

Mass
August 25th, 2009, 09:39 PM
dank
flame

get up to date, amigo

neuro
August 26th, 2009, 08:37 AM
being a first-hand-user of all of these, and living in the netherlands, i can tell everyone from experience that smoking pot or Hasj (marihuana-plant-resin, basically purified pot) is fun, and not addictive at all. the only thing you CAN get addicted to, is the fun you have while doing it.

BUT, it definately has an effect on how you process information, and most notably, on your MEMORY.

i don't smoke pot anymore, because my girlfriend asked me to stop, and in hindsight, i can definately notice that my memory has degraded quite alot, something my girlfriend now has to put up with quite regularly :3

i'm not sure if shrooms are up for debate here, but there's a few tight rules about doing shrooms, if you don't follow them, you could end up having a BAD trip, and that'll fuck you up for a few days, and you'll have the worst night you've ever had (again, experience) example, a chick-friend had a bad trip when a few of us were doing shrooms, we ended up walking to the park, but she was scared of the dark, and the park at night, is dark. she ended up seeing all the trees blueing purple-ish with bloodveins all over them, with blood seeping over them, she thought she was being attacked by gardengnomes (no joke) and was 100% freaking out.

though i encourage everyone to try shrooms at least once in their life
just a little heads-up should you ever do them, research them first.

rossmum
August 26th, 2009, 08:42 AM
Above post is best in the thread. If you think pot will kill you, you're an idiot. If you think pot is safer than breathing, you're also an idiot. I personally can't touch the stuff due to medical reasons, but it's not my thing anyway. I drink in moderation, that's good enough for me.

MastaCheefa
August 26th, 2009, 10:38 AM
Above post is best in the thread. If you think pot will kill you, you're an idiot. If you think pot is safer than breathing, you're also an idiot. I personally can't touch the stuff due to medical reasons, but it's not my thing anyway. I drink in moderation, that's good enough for me.

Can I ask what medical reasons? I mean we all know pot can do no harm so just curious.

rossmum
August 26th, 2009, 01:13 PM
You're taking the piss right

MastaCheefa
August 26th, 2009, 03:22 PM
You're taking the piss right

No piss is being taken. Just wondering. :v:

Dotkito92
August 26th, 2009, 03:46 PM
I don't dare to take drugs, my mom would murder me if she found out.

rossmum
August 26th, 2009, 04:45 PM
No piss is being taken. Just wondering. :v:
chemical imbalances and shit

t3h m00kz
August 26th, 2009, 05:29 PM
I don't dare to take drugs, my mom would murder me if she found out.

That's why you go over to your friend who's mom is a hippie's house and get as high as you want.

God damn why did I pass that up before I moved :smith:

Bodzilla
August 26th, 2009, 09:46 PM
it's not that good.

infact it's kinda lame tbh.
it's more fun going out and actually DOING something

MastaCheefa
August 26th, 2009, 10:17 PM
it's not that good.

infact it's kinda lame tbh.
it's more fun going out and actually DOING something

Wise words from a wiser man. It is fun to go out and do something.

paladin
August 26th, 2009, 11:28 PM
guys. I just smoked two joints.

thought id tell you

Mass
August 26th, 2009, 11:44 PM
two bowls, kush

+1

Also, bod, what's fun is getting high and doing something.

paladin
August 27th, 2009, 12:01 AM
no
get high, eat cheetos and what Nick Afternoons

Dotkito92
August 27th, 2009, 01:01 AM
That's why you go over to your friend who's mom is a hippie's house and get as high as you want.

God damn why did I pass that up before I moved :smith:

My friends' parents are just like mine, lol. No can do. It's not really a loss, I'll just wait until I finally have the money to leave home and live on my own.

rossmum
August 27th, 2009, 02:52 AM
My friends' parents are just like mine, lol. No can do. It's not really a loss, I'll just wait until I finally have the money to leave home and live on my own.
Pretty sure that the USMC wouldn't be impressed about it, so if you intend on actually joining you can forget about any sort of drugs. My mate who's joining the signal corps on our base had to wait 9 months before he could enlist just to get his prescription ritalin out of his system. I don't know what the Marines are like with that sort of thing, but I can't imagine them being any more lenient than the ADF.

Kolobus
August 27th, 2009, 02:59 AM
drugs own, booze owns, sex owns. i think we can wrap this thread up.

p0lar_bear
August 27th, 2009, 06:56 AM
I haven't posted in here? :wtc:

On sex, yeah it happens, though anything that happens in the bedroom should stay there. I don't need to know who you're banging, how you're banging them, what you're into, etc. A time and place for everything....

Drugs and alcohol, personally, I'm never touching it. I was surrounded by alcoholics for most of my teenage years and I couldn't stand it. I nearly lost someone close to me twice due to first a bad mixture of drugs, and then an overdose of prescription pills.

SonicXtreme
August 27th, 2009, 08:59 AM
I drink only on special occasions , went to a party last night , had abit to drink , everyone else got blitzed and i ended up fucking baby sitting em , at one point a guy threw up on the floor , then slept in it , then when he moved someone else went in his spot and slept in the same puddle of sick face down , it was disgusting but hillarious from my point of view , cause they had no idea what they where doing.

As for Smoking , never done it , never will.

And finally Sex , well ima agree with everyone else , that kinda info should not leave the bedroom.

Bodzilla
August 27th, 2009, 03:48 PM
you need to learn the recovery position and when to take a person outside, to ya know, stop them chocking to death on their own vomit.
they also need to learn when to stop.

lightweights.
:realsmug:

rossmum
August 27th, 2009, 04:23 PM
you need to learn the recovery position and when to take a person outside, to ya know, stop them chocking to death on their own vomit.
they also need to learn when to stop.

lightweights.
:realsmug:
certified first aider in da house

i can also do bullet wounds, embedded objects, and deal with amputations (not perform them!) for when the party gets really fucking out of hand

Dwood
August 27th, 2009, 09:21 PM
werdz.

I feel ya man. And I agree 100%.

leorimolo
August 27th, 2009, 09:30 PM
two bowls, kush

+1

Also, bod, what's fun is getting high and doing something.
4 Bong hits

ThePlague
August 27th, 2009, 11:43 PM
Never. EVER. watch Chronicles Of Riddick Pitch Black whilst being high. Worst feeling ever.

Siliconmaster
August 27th, 2009, 11:50 PM
Hahaha. I can see why that would be.

annihilation
August 28th, 2009, 04:36 AM
Never. EVER. watch Chronicles Of Riddick Pitch Black whilst being high. Worst feeling ever.
http://sa.tweek.us/emots/images/emot-drugnerd.gif

I can't imagine that feeling.

t3h m00kz
August 28th, 2009, 08:40 PM
I just puffed some salvia. For about 2 minutes I was tripping balls. I don't know how to describe it. I'm still a bit high from it lol