PDA

View Full Version : [TF2] Worst map in TF2?

Bodzilla
January 3rd, 2009, 07:41 AM
what say you!

-=AWOL=-Phobalic: I really don't like well
-=AWOL=- Zilla baby!: it's not taht bad :p
-=AWOL=-Phobalic: it is
-=AWOL=-Phobalic: it really is
-=AWOL=- Zilla baby!: how can you say those things ;(

i dotn mind well... for something different.
but some people really hate the CP maps these days, ever since the PL maps came out :(

n00b1n8R
January 3rd, 2009, 07:52 AM
Worse than the CP hate is the TC loathing. :smithicide:
Fuck you Phobo, Well is great in both incarnations. Go grind fucking Goldrush for the upteenbillionth time.

The worst map that comes with TF2 is CP_Steel. Hands down.
Badlands can usually get on my nerves too. It's really unforgiving if 1 team is more than a little bit better than the other as a whole.

The shit choice for maps is really the main thing driving me away from the game. It seems like you only get Goldrush/Bad-Water, 2fort, Granary/Dustbowl servers these days. Even if they were all mixed in together, I wouldn't mind it so much, but it's these fucking "ONE GAMEMODE ONLY" servers that are the cancer killing my TF2. :(

Heaven forbid a server has any other maps in it's rotation

Player1: :this map in caps: SUCKS
Player2: FUCK :this map in caps:
Player3: RTV
Player4: RTV
Player5: RTV
Player6: This server doesn't have RTV fuck this shit
Player6 quit the game
etc:suicide:

Bodzilla
January 3rd, 2009, 07:56 AM
:suicide:

i'm with ya there n00b. it's one of the reasons i kick so much ass at l4d these days D:

Pooky
January 3rd, 2009, 11:01 AM
Just like in any other game, the maps I don't like are the most popular ones because that's ALL ANYONE EVER PLAYS.

Fuck bloodgulch, fuck de_dust, fuck ffa_bespin, and in the case of tf2, fuck pl_goldrush.

CabooseJr
January 3rd, 2009, 11:14 AM
I'm not too much of a fan of Hydro.

Sel
January 3rd, 2009, 12:37 PM
I like pretty much every level except badwater lol.

Syuusuke
January 3rd, 2009, 12:51 PM
I didn;t like that goldrush map, in the two days I've played it.

Jelly
January 3rd, 2009, 01:24 PM
I like pretty much every level except badwater lol.
Your poor taste in games shines through! Even on good games!

343guiltymc
January 3rd, 2009, 01:25 PM
The map I tried to make. :(

CN3089
January 3rd, 2009, 03:20 PM
The worst map that comes with TF2 is CP_Steel. Hands down.

I don't know how you made such a bad typo I mean "be" is pretty far from "wor" http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Emoticons/confused.gif

(also: it's 2fort, if you say anything else you are stupid http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Emoticons/emot-colbert.gif)

I'm not too much of a fan of Hydro.

It's great as long as it's sudden death only or there is a limit of 0 engineers

Terin
January 3rd, 2009, 03:41 PM
(also: it's 2fort, if you say anything else you are stupid http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Emoticons/emot-colbert.gif)2fort's a given terrible map. Going for the next best (worst?) thing, I'd have to say Granary for myself. It's the worst of the Well-ish maps out there (5 control point two-way), and compared to well, it seems to just be two straight attack points on the ground that offer very little options on how to attack/defend.
It's great as long as it's sudden death only or there is a limit of 1 engineersftfy

When there are no engineers on a team in Hydro, it turns into a ninja-cap-fest. Mounting an attack, only to have some scout or spy slip past you, combined with the quick cap time, means an instant loss. However, yeah, more than 1 engineer turns into a boring turtling match.

Bodzilla
January 3rd, 2009, 04:06 PM
2fort's a given terrible map. Going for the next best (worst?) thing, I'd have to say Granary for myself. It's the worst of the Well-ish maps out there (5 control point two-way), and compared to well, it seems to just be two straight attack points on the ground that offer very little options on how to attack/defend. ftfy
how can you say such awful things about granary :gonk:

the maps wide enough that you only need 2 attacking points because for one team it's extremely difficult to shut down an offensive team by bottle neckign them, and impossible if the teams any good.

Pope
January 3rd, 2009, 05:20 PM
hydro and 2 fort.

Bodzilla
January 3rd, 2009, 05:32 PM
dont hate on my hydro >:(

its like 6 maps in one. it fucking owns

JunkfoodMan
January 3rd, 2009, 07:35 PM
achievement_*
2fort
ctf_well
goldrush on blue team.

Phobias
January 3rd, 2009, 07:46 PM
what say you!

-=AWOL=-Phobalic: I really don't like well
-=AWOL=- Zilla baby!: it's not taht bad :p
-=AWOL=-Phobalic: it is
-=AWOL=-Phobalic: it really is
-=AWOL=- Zilla baby!: how can you say those things ;(

I have to apologise. It wasn't the map, it was the team stacking.

The highest score on blu after 3 rounds of well was 14, on red it was 89.

n00b1n8R
January 3rd, 2009, 07:48 PM
(also: it's 2fort, if you say anything else you are stupid http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Emoticons/emot-colbert.gif)
If people are actually playing the map with the objective in mind, then it's pretty good. It's just that nobody actually does.

It's great as long as it's sudden death only or there is a limit of 0 engineers
Oh lawd, look at this kid trolling.

Anyone bitching about engy spam on hydro is an idiot who doesn't understand the concept of USING MORE THAN 1 MEDIC PER TEAM.

ctf_well
goldrush on blue team.
CTF well is much better than 2fort simply because people go for the fucking intel more often instead of FIGHTAN TO THE DEATH

Also, blue on GR is the hard mode of TF2. It's a ton of fun to make the red team shit their pants while getting steamrolled by a co-ordinated blu deathmachine.

ps. badlands suckz, granary wuz ere

Phobias
January 3rd, 2009, 07:59 PM
I don't hate any specific map, I just hate team stacking :>
Goldrush and Badwater should be re-named to "Sentry gun challenge" .

Why does Well have a setup time?

n00b1n8R
January 3rd, 2009, 08:03 PM
To give soldiers and demomen a chance to rocket jump over the trains and crit the fuck out of the poor medic standing there with his patients.

No but really, it's to stop it being a scoutrush map like granary was meant to be (notice how they put setup into granary for a time, then decided to ditch it? oh wait, you only played your first round of granary the other day :facepalm: ) or more recently badlands.

Pope
January 4th, 2009, 03:27 AM
dont hate on my hydro >:(

its like 6 maps in one. it fucking owns
More like it fucking stalemates.

n00b1n8R
January 4th, 2009, 03:57 AM
Getting into a close fort stalemate is just as bad as a hard fought loss as blue on any of the offence/defence maps. The difference is, you get a final chance to KICK THE OTHER TEAM IN THE BALLS.

And hell, I never see more than 1 (maybe 2) stalemates in a whole game of hydro. That's hardly a stalemate fest.

Phobias
January 4th, 2009, 05:33 AM
Hydro is awesome. I don't think I've ever played a stalemate as anything but a medic/spy .

DOMINATOR
January 5th, 2009, 11:19 PM
CP maps are awesome... guess you guys suck at scouting.

Bodzilla
January 6th, 2009, 01:12 AM
you take that back mister.

n00b1n8R
January 6th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Aw no he didant

LlamaMaster
January 6th, 2009, 08:53 PM
Hydro, it's always a clusterfuck deadlock until sudden death. :|

Bodzilla
January 6th, 2009, 09:12 PM
Wut.

u best be joking. How is it a clusterfuck :/?

LlamaMaster
January 6th, 2009, 09:53 PM
Wut.

u best be joking. How is it a clusterfuck :/?
Well, I usually aim for a full 32 person server, so chances are that's my problem. With me everybody deadlocks in the middle of the map.

Bodzilla
January 6th, 2009, 09:59 PM
it's your problem.

the only problem you'll get is demo men spamming, but you get that with absolutely every map, especially if you have 8 demo's in the server.

n00b1n8R
January 6th, 2009, 10:56 PM
Well, I usually aim for a full 32 person server
There's your problem.

Get the fuck out of those 32 player pissing contests and play a proper game where you can make a difference.

CN3089
January 7th, 2009, 12:19 AM
32 player servers are fine, hydro is fine as long as it's sudden death only http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Emoticons/emot-angel.gif

n00b1n8R
January 7th, 2009, 02:10 AM
lol, look at this troll. :lol:

p0lar_bear
January 8th, 2009, 11:38 AM
I just can't play any payload maps. Every time I'm in one, I always seem to be a step behind the rest of my team. vOv

2fort sucks for gameplay, yeah, but I like it when I just feel like dicking around, trying to play spy or sniping in the sewer. Mostly it blows since each team gets like 5 engineers and no medics and offensive demomen. :downs: