Masterz1337
January 5th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Halo Tag Converter
----------------------
Develped by SteelixB.
Released by Masterz1337

What this is
-------------
Halo Tag Converter is teh predecsor to HEK+. SteelixB scrapped this application,
as he felt he could do a better job and make a better open source application dealing with tag extraction and other needs.
HEK+ is a superior tag extractor, but it does have a few problems. These problems range to actor_varient grenade throwing, certain phsyics and animations,
single player scenarios (firing points for squads are corrupted with some HEK+ versions, and all HEK+ versions do not allow squads to manuver to
other squads properly).

I am releasing this, as I belive some people will benefit from having an ALTERNATIVE extractor to inspect certain tags.
CMT is using this to check our scenarios squads to make sure original squads are refing the right firing points.

What this does.
-----------------
This is another tag extractor, similiar to HEK+. It also has several other features.
-String list editing. Similiar to the app Steelix released later, this one was built into the program
-Tag Zip archiving. Rips tags nad places them in Zip folders.
-Bitmap Converter. This was never finsihed and does not work.
-Conversion Script Editor. Allows data in the conversion scripts to be edited.
-Scenrio extraction- Has several options whne extracting a scenario, including MP conversion.
-Quick extraction- Alows a tag to be saved to any location. Usefull if you want to rip a tag and give it a different name.

Problems with the program.
-------------------------
The conversion scripts were never completed, so not all of them work properly. They do work however, but you should be carefull when extracting with it.
While many extraction scripts work perfet, not all do, such as scenarios for instance. It also will dsiaplay an error on startup, but just hit
continue and the program will continue. The bitmap converter doesn't work, as I stated earlier.

Enjoy the application and use it wisely. Be sure to credit the makers of the content you are ripping.
GIVE CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE.

-Masterz1337
http://files.filefront.com/HTC+Public+Releaserar/;12882518;/fileinfo.html

t3h m00kz
January 5th, 2009, 04:46 PM
bad-ass

With these errors, will we expect to see updates at some point?

DEElekgolo
January 5th, 2009, 04:47 PM
:D

Advancebo
January 5th, 2009, 04:49 PM
That explains why every campaign scenario I extracted doesnt work except for b30 :P

Masterz1337
January 5th, 2009, 05:18 PM
More likely you're using an older version of HEK+. This does not do scenario's correctly.

DarkHalo003
January 5th, 2009, 08:25 PM
More likely you're using an older version of HEK+. This does not do scenario's correctly.
Will you release the greater method by which you're protecting your SP maps? Like, in normal protection by HEK+, checkpoints don't save and other stuff goes weird. I'm sure a release on how to fix this would be great to future SP mappers.

Masterz1337
January 5th, 2009, 08:39 PM
That's up to Zteam.

ShadowSpartan
January 5th, 2009, 08:42 PM
Will you release the greater method by which you're protecting your SP maps? Like, in normal protection by HEK+, checkpoints don't save and other stuff goes weird. I'm sure a release on how to fix this would be great to future SP mappers.
SPv2 will use my new map protection, the errors you mention of have been fixed, and no it will not be made public.

Joshflighter
January 5th, 2009, 08:55 PM
That sucks, would have been nice to still keep things nice and tidy from other children's hands.

Pooky
January 6th, 2009, 12:11 PM
SPv2 will use my new map protection, the errors you mention of have been fixed, and no it will not be made public.

What's the harm in releasing map protection tools?

Could really do a lot to stem the demented pussy whining that arises whenever someone rips something :\

Inferno
January 6th, 2009, 03:26 PM
and no it will not be made public.
We are such a awesome community.

ShadowSpartan
January 6th, 2009, 03:34 PM
What's the harm in releasing map protection tools?

Could really do a lot to stem the demented pussy whining that arises whenever someone rips something :\
I never said there was a harm, I just don't want to release it. If somebody wants to analyze what I did and then program their own, go ahead. I highly doubt anyone will do so though.

We are such a awesome community.
I find it funny how a lot people complain about how we are a fucked up community because we protect our stuff, and now you people want a new protector?

There are very few people who would benefit from my protector. If someone truly needs a way to fix map protection for sp maps, I will probably help (like Rob with BCE).

Inferno
January 6th, 2009, 03:52 PM
I don't protect any of my maps unless they are beta or have beta builds of tags in them. All final products are open sauce. I just find it funny that we are now protecting our protector more or less.

Choking Victim
January 6th, 2009, 04:06 PM
I don't protect any of my maps unless they are beta or have beta builds of tags in them.
Then what the fuck do you care?

CtrlAltDestroy
January 6th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Here's some advice for everyone:

Lighten the fuck up.

DarkHalo003
January 6th, 2009, 05:17 PM
I never said there was a harm, I just don't want to release it. If somebody wants to analyze what I did and then program their own, go ahead. I highly doubt anyone will do so though.

I find it funny how a lot people complain about how we are a fucked up community because we protect our stuff, and now you people want a new protector?

There are very few people who would benefit from my protector. If someone truly needs a way to fix map protection for sp maps, I will probably help (like Rob with BCE).
But why wouldn't you release it? Just because you think we're acting hypocritical? The stuff y'all release is like a bunch of new toys that we want to exploit and play with outside the maps you give us, which is why we wish good maps/weapons were unprotected. Now, can I protect weapons and bipeds and not have to worry about the checkpoint screw ups? What causes the checkpoints to screw up? Protecting the scenario?

I agree with CAD.

Choking Victim
January 6th, 2009, 05:22 PM
CAD's comment was directed at people like you. Think of it this way, a protection method is meant to protect. Open sourcing the program to protect the content is like open sourcing the protection algorithm.

If you can't comprehend that, then here's another analogy:
It's like adding a password to something and releasing the password publicly.

Get it?

Masterz1337
January 6th, 2009, 05:27 PM
You don't even need new protection.

The only reason I want to use it, and ZTeam made it, is that we seem to have idiots every 3 months creating a scene trying to hack the maps. HEK+ has the option to not protect certain tag classes. Figure it out yourself on which ones need to be unprotected to stop string and checkpoint errors. The Zteam protector is designed to work only with CMT and Zteam tagsets anyway, it won't benefit you even if you had it.

DarkHalo003
January 6th, 2009, 05:31 PM
CAD's comment was directed at people like you. Think of it this way, a protection method is meant to protect. Open sourcing the program to protect the content is like open sourcing the protection algorithm.

If you can't comprehend that, then here's another analogy:
It's like adding a password to something and releasing the password publicly.

Get it?
I didn't mean open source it; I meant make an application release of it, like a new HEK+ with better portection. I'm just stating that it would be useful to have for SP use, seeing as how it seems to be getting a lot more popular now. But whatever, I'm sure if someone wants it that bad they can politely ask for it. I'll drop this now because it seems y'all are set on your decisions. If so, let it be.

Masterz1337
January 6th, 2009, 05:32 PM
It won't help you with SP protection.....

Choking Victim
January 6th, 2009, 05:34 PM
I didn't mean open source it; I meant make an application release of it, like a new HEK+ with better portection. I'm just stating that it would be useful to have for SP use, seeing as how it seems to be getting a lot more popular now. But whatever, I'm sure if someone wants it that bad they can politely ask for it.
You don't seem to realize how strong some reverse engineers are. There are methods to disassemble an exe and even decompile it to code form to see the source code. I'm not saying it's a perfect system, but definitely do-able.

All in all, just because you don't release the source code, doesn't mean your program is protected.

supersniper
January 6th, 2009, 05:36 PM
If you want this community to prosper then a new enhanced protector is NOT needed.
Zteam has made many programs that have helped the community so far, they have done countless hours of research as well.

And Choking Victim makes sense, why do you think Hek+ encryption is very easy to bypass now... Because people can download it, de-create it, or analyse how it works, and find a way to decrypt the protection.

I say leave it private, and if you really need it that bad contact zteam and ask nicely.

Edit: Sorry dude it was a typo, won't happen again.

Choking Victim
January 6th, 2009, 05:38 PM
It's spelled "Choking". See user title, but thanks. :)

DarkHalo003
January 6th, 2009, 05:38 PM
You don't seem to realize how strong some reverse engineers are. Hell, even with an obfuscated exe locked to only zteam members' pc's, kornman was able to reverse engineer and unlock it for use on his pc. There are methods to disassemble an exe and even decompile it to code form to see the source code. I'm not saying it's a perfect system, but definitely do-able.

All in all, just because you don't release the source code, doesn't mean your program is protected.
Alright, that makes sense now. I'm not a scripting genius yet or really involved with the outside workings of an application. I've just worked with the stuff inside it is all. But this makes more sense now.

I was implying that my last post sniper.

ShadowSpartan
January 6th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Ok, that is enough. No more discussion of the protector. My decision stands. Let's all get back to the topic at hand, which in case you forgot, is the release of HTC.

t3h m00kz
January 6th, 2009, 05:43 PM
Here's my grasp of the situation. From what I understand, the whole drama was caused by ShadowSpartan's comment in bold:

Which honestly, was a pointless thing to add to what he said. Let me put it to you this way, he could have gotten off saying:

SPv2 will use my new map protection, the errors you mention of have been fixed.

with alot less drama. Something like that shouldn't be mentioned unless asked, because he should know by now people are uppity about the whole ZTeam thing.

E: shit

supersniper
January 6th, 2009, 08:55 PM
Now even though this is another version that was scrapped long ago will anyone be picking up the project to fix it and make it 100% working or is it just going to be like HEK+ with errors...

I know I would fix it if I new a thing or to about programming.

Kornman00
January 7th, 2009, 05:04 AM
Expect something more solid and useful in the coming months

SnaFuBAR
January 7th, 2009, 05:35 AM
Will you release the greater method by which you're protecting your SP maps?

That's up to Zteam.

Sno it will not be made public.

Seems like a pretty reasonable answer to me, muki. Perhaps you should try reading the post in context.

t3h m00kz
January 7th, 2009, 06:39 AM
I missed it, I admit. We cleared it up over PMs.

I had a few Coronas, I was a bit out of it so I just skimmed through the thread. Honest mistake, you know how it is.

Probably should have mentioned that earlier... :rolleyes: my bad dawgz

Expect something more solid and useful in the coming months
:pervert:

English Mobster
January 11th, 2009, 03:13 AM
I have something solid and useful which you can expect in the comi-
Ohshi, joke's already been used.
Dammit.

TVTyrant
February 28th, 2009, 12:56 PM
I don't understand where the whole drama about Z_Team's apps comes from anyways. Yeah, the tools are pretty cool, but they made them themselves, for themselves, and most likely require alot of attention to work properly. With this tag protector thing, it probably takes alot more than just protecting using Hek+.

Also, I'm working on three hours of sleep right now, so forgive my possible retarded-ness.

anonymous
March 2nd, 2009, 08:37 PM
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=4397

CtrlAltDestroy
March 2nd, 2009, 09:04 PM
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=4397

cool man

ODX
March 2nd, 2009, 09:24 PM
I'm sorry to be off-topic, but what FP arms are those?

Advancebo
March 3rd, 2009, 04:32 PM
Marine FP arms

MicrosoftSam23
March 8th, 2009, 04:17 PM
Marine FP arms

No... There Call of Duty 4 Desert Camo Fp arms. durr.