PDA

View Full Version : Render to texture anyone got any decent tutorials?

SonicXtreme
January 13th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Hello everone , for a while now i have been looking around for a decent tutorial that covers how to use the render to texture option in 3ds 9 for a while , i am wondering if anyone has found a decent one that covers it in detail , and if so can you post it on here please?

Thank you

DaneO'Roo
January 13th, 2009, 11:30 PM
Sorry I don't have any on me, but I've been taught lots of it by my mod team co workers (warm gun, not cmt) and I can teach you all sorts of things like projection mapping from hi res meshes and simple ao bakes.

Just add me on aim:

dano555666

paladin
January 13th, 2009, 11:38 PM
Do you mean render your UW palette?

DaneO'Roo
January 13th, 2009, 11:49 PM
no, that's rendering a uv map.

He means rendering different things from your 3ds max scene using your given geometry and its uvws. Like baking a zbrush model onto a low res to get a normal map, or rendering an ambient occlusion map to multiply with your diffuse.

paladin
January 14th, 2009, 12:06 AM
ok

Anton
January 14th, 2009, 12:39 AM
http://eat3d.com/training_videos/pillar

May I suggest that tutorial? It'll cost your 50 dollars or so but it's a great video.

You may of course be able to find it elsewhere cheaper..3dtotal.com sells it.

I've watched it myself and it contains the next-gen workflow for unreal games. Starting from max to sculpting in mudbox. It uses several project/cage techniques and render to texture.

DEElekgolo
January 14th, 2009, 12:50 AM
http://www.maxfanatic.com/?p=24

DaneO'Roo
January 14th, 2009, 01:31 AM
The pillar tut is great man, really if your ever going to spend money on a tut, it's that one.

That link is good too, dee.

A cool thing I saw once was a guy uvmapping a cube to be in a t shape, having a bodypainted sky on a sphere around it and he basically baked a cubemap from it using projection or something, i'll see if I can find that.

SonicXtreme
January 14th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Ty everyone , problem i have now is , because i am trying it on a character , when i apply it , the texture does not apply correctly , it just messes up even when i save and load the UVs , anyone know the solution or what i am doing wrong?