PDA

View Full Version : What aspect of Halo 2 Vista are you looking forward to the most?

TheGhost
March 21st, 2007, 10:59 PM
What aspect of Halo 2 Vista are you looking forward to most? Vote in the poll and elaborate in this thread. =)

I'm personally looking forward to playing around with the Halo 2 Editing Kit, but I'm also excited about trying out the new features of the multiplayer experience.

InnerGoat
March 21st, 2007, 11:07 PM
I'm more interested in the online play then anything, because it was totaly lacking on the xbox version since I was so limited by the controller and terribly low resolution. It's like a different game tbh. ;)

Zeph
March 22nd, 2007, 12:06 AM
I as well am interested in the Editing Kit. Multiplay will simply be a good result.

DaneO'Roo
March 22nd, 2007, 12:07 AM
Map Making, and the online play, pretty much.

Mr Buckshot
March 22nd, 2007, 12:58 AM
I'm not a modder, so I'll fool around with the H2EK but probably won't do anything productive.

However, I look forward to free online multiplayer (Damn you, Xbox LIVE) the most. Online MP on the PC also allows kicking and banning and so on, which makes things a lot more tolerable when immature kids or primates begin to trash talk.

As for achievements and whatnots, I really couldn't care less. I suspect that Bungie and M$ are also trying to use that as an excuse for Vista exclusivity, but they should realize that PC gamers are not 100% the same as console gamers.

Stealth
March 22nd, 2007, 01:22 AM
All of those, first off I'll end up playing SP for a few days to get use to the game lay out, and the weapons, then I'll run around all of the stock maps in a lan game by my self, and learn the lay out of each map, kind of like I did with StarCraft, Halo, FEAR, and soon to be Half Life 2 (I just have to beat the SP levels, I just got it) Then I'll give MP online a try, then after a few weeks, I'll give the ded server a try.

Mr Buckshot
March 22nd, 2007, 01:35 AM
I'm also looking forward to Halo in true widescreen. If it doesn't at least run at 1280x800 on either of my computers at high settings, seeing how NOT next-gen it appears, I'm tossing the game out of the window and playing something else.

Unless Bungie, like Gearbox, screws up with system requirements, I think my desktop CAN run it at WSXGA+ on high without framerate issues...after all, it runs Half-Life 2 at those settings.

Reaper Man
March 22nd, 2007, 03:52 AM
Uhh... The "Halo 2" aspect.

someone
March 22nd, 2007, 09:17 AM
I'm looking forward to play SP and the MP with new features. And I haven't played Halo 2 before, because I don't own an Xbox, so thats what I'm most looking forward to: Playing Halo 2 on PC:D

Roostervier
March 22nd, 2007, 07:59 PM
I'm looking forward to creating new maps in halo 2 (and hopefully helping the community, since most that has been done in CE is done). I hope to make new features for it, but I probably won't get a new computer for another year, and H2V for a while after that... I only hope it really won't take that long.

Boba
March 22nd, 2007, 09:14 PM
I'm going to use the engine for my new mod. :p

OT: Will the achievements add a gamerscore to you 360 Gamertag or it's own gamerscore for Windows?

Hurrvish
March 22nd, 2007, 09:51 PM
since h2v uses xbox live instead of regular internet like on hpc, id say that the achievements will add onto your gamerscore. but that would be unfair to others, wouldnt it?

TheGhost
March 23rd, 2007, 12:38 AM
newDeviLedeT1, Halo 2 Vista does not run through the XBox Live service, it connects with a server browser across the Internet just like any other PC game, as far as I know. The Live gamertag will be used to track you and your games, though. And why would it be unfair to add to your gamerscore?

343guiltymc
March 23rd, 2007, 01:43 PM
I just wan to play it on the computer cause I don't have a xbox.

Xehsin
March 23rd, 2007, 01:46 PM
im mainly looking for the Multiplayer, with NO lead and NO host advantage. (hopefully), but the map making would be awesome.

Con
March 24th, 2007, 12:49 AM
I'm looking forward to all of those aspects, but since I have never played Halo 2 I really want to play the singleplayer and find out what happens next in the story. Sad huh, I haven't even seen an xbox up close before.

Mr Buckshot
March 25th, 2007, 10:41 PM
I also look forward to real keyboard and mouse support without super auto aim. When I had my Xbox, I borrowed this keyboard-and-mouse adapter for the Xbox controller port, and played a few FPS's like that (Halo 2, Black, Nightfire). However, the mouse had a tendency to move too fast and the keyboard just didn't feel quite the same, so I went back to using the gamepad (a left stick does have more moving degree than WASD keys and has speed control).

[MT]Slayer
March 26th, 2007, 10:53 PM
I"m looking forward to Multiplayer (Silver) and Single Player...even though I know XB Multiplayer pretty well, although i don't own an xbox, Single Player, i know most of the cutscenes, storyline, just haven't played it yet.

So i'm looking forward to 75% of most things in H2V such as the energy sword in MP, dual wielding (not smgs, they suck), new vehicles, multiplayer achievements, awards, etc.

Xehsin
March 28th, 2007, 08:26 AM
The map editing kit is a bonus too, i love it. I can't wait to make a totally new map, maybe one better than the default ones. :p But i got a question, will the quality of the maps that i will make be not as good as the default ones? The only thing that i am afraid of for Halo 2 Vista is host advantage and lead (you gotta point your cross hair like 1 mile away from the original person, to get a direct shot, and it also differs from server to server) Those 2 things really killed HaloPC. I HOPE they remove them from H2V, any of you know for sure they will?

Sunray
March 28th, 2007, 09:34 AM
^ I hope the EK has a more friendly user interface and making methods. HEK was so complex and you had to use so many programs. I though promethius might have solved that, but it is not going well. Yeah. The H2EK will be what I wait for to properly get into map making. I came to HCE too late to be worth learning to map well.
I would think that they will get rid of the crosshair problems though. I can't see them deliberately leaving them in, and I think they have the skill to remove them

mech
March 28th, 2007, 10:31 AM
All you need is Max and Blitzkrieg

OriGinaL
April 2nd, 2007, 08:27 AM
H2EK + Achievements = the shit

Dole
April 2nd, 2007, 09:22 AM
Someone converting Tombstone to PC, tbh.

Hotrod
April 2nd, 2007, 05:47 PM
Somebody making Sidewinder and Death Island for Halo 2. Also the fact that you will be able to mod it, unlike the Xbox version (unless you had a modded Xbox, then you couldn't play on LIVE).

Spnkr
April 2nd, 2007, 06:18 PM
I can't want to start playing around with the Editing Kit. Also, it'll be interesting to see if people start making machinima for it :) .

[MT]Slayer
April 2nd, 2007, 06:41 PM
i just want silver account, i think it is free.

Elite Killa
April 2nd, 2007, 07:06 PM
The editing kit is what I'm most excited for.

Xehsin
April 2nd, 2007, 07:14 PM
Free multiplayer...

Editing Kit...

Exclusive Maps...

etc...

AAA
April 3rd, 2007, 12:13 AM
What I'm confused about is about the Silver account..

Is it givin' to you by default when you set your profile up?

or is it that you have to go to a website and get the update or whatever. Can someone tell me how that works? or is that in the unknown area?

Teroh
April 3rd, 2007, 02:29 AM
I just want no more leading, and I'm happy. I'm much better that way.

p0lar_bear
April 3rd, 2007, 02:56 AM
Everything. Aiming in H2X is bullshit; I swear to god I once unloaded a whole clip into someone's head with a BR on a SWAT gametype and nothing happened. Then I turned around and swipe-sniped someone else.

Xehsin
April 7th, 2007, 12:39 PM
I just don't want Lead or Host Advantage enabled in H2V.. GOD PLEASE Take those 2 away!! Does anyone know for sure if H2V has lead and/or host advantage? (i.e. the same netcode as Halo PC)

InnerGoat
April 7th, 2007, 07:47 PM
From the videos so far there seems to be no leading. Would be nice for someone to confirm it though.

;)

Terry
April 7th, 2007, 08:16 PM
There wouldn't be leading. There's no leading on halo 2 xbox.

the9thdude
April 8th, 2007, 12:19 AM
I am truly happy at the editor. With this I shall become a modder, then make the Halo 2 E3 2004!

*laughs manically*

Bigeric144
April 8th, 2007, 12:42 AM
I'm most definitely looking foward to the map editor so I can help add to my map/mod gaming section of my portfolio.

Kalub
April 8th, 2007, 03:59 AM
I am truly happy at the editor. With this I shall become a modder, then make the Halo 2 E3 2004!

*laughs manically*

Got any previous work?

Xehsin
April 8th, 2007, 02:58 PM
Yes there is, it's just incredibly miniscule. Any online game has leading to some degree.

Also, Halo 2 Vista will definitely have host advantage if it remains working the way Halo CE does now.

aw man! very very minimum lead is great for me. But how would the Host have an advantage? :confused2: I just hope H2V isn't on the same net code as Halo CE

dg
April 8th, 2007, 04:02 PM
Very much looking forward to the exploits that are to come in the future, be it for the H2EK or the game itself.

I hope Yelo will be amazing.

~dg945~

Techno Dude
April 15th, 2007, 04:25 AM
for me, it'll be the mic chat

TheSaintlyAlphonse
April 15th, 2007, 11:53 AM
The "unlimited" user created maps
the ones from CE aren't bad at all, now with the new tools it will be great!

I might even try to do somethign cool on there :lol:

Xehsin
April 15th, 2007, 08:20 PM
for me, it'll be the mic chat

Wasn't there Mic chatting in Halo PC? :confused2: Anyway i just want NO lead and NO host advantage. I can't wait to compete with ppl around the world! And hopefully do as good, if not better than Halo PC.

Techno Dude
April 17th, 2007, 07:09 AM
Wasn't there Mic chatting in Halo PC? :confused2: Anyway i just want NO lead and NO host advantage. I can't wait to compete with ppl around the world! And hopefully do as good, if not better than Halo PC.

nah dude, in halo 2 xbox there was
so i can't wait for the H2V chat oh an THE BETRAYAL'S

Varmint260
April 17th, 2007, 10:08 PM
I'm looking forward to being able to play Halo 2 whenever I want and in good resolutions on my own private computer screen. My only previous experience with Halo 2 is my friend bringing his XBox and us playing co-op (on normal, GOD we suck). And, I'm looking forward to the new and exciting features people will be able to place in custom maps with the Halo 2 engine's capabilities that sadly do not exist in Halo 1. I'm waiting for new dual weapon combos! Etc etc etc.

Syuusuke
April 18th, 2007, 05:19 PM
Pretty much multiplayer and playing with YOU guys =)

Xehsin
April 18th, 2007, 10:17 PM
Pretty much multiplayer and playing with YOU guys =)

awww? :p

Yeah i gotta agree with you Syuusuke, i wanna compete against ppl. And shut up people who wanna talk shit.

Techno Dude
April 25th, 2007, 04:57 AM
BETRAY FEST!!!
omg, i love the betrays

Crest
April 25th, 2007, 10:41 AM
Widescreen and PC* Live

PsychoRaven
April 26th, 2007, 12:56 AM
For me it is easy. I am looking forward to the ability to play online on actual servers. I hate matchmaking even though I play it on the Xbox version. Most of my friends moved on so it is almost imposbbile to get custom games going. So easily it is that. Of course the Achievements are kinda cool too.