PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3 Scarab Release?

Hunter
January 16th, 2009, 08:34 AM
When I have finished the Halo 3 Scarab should I release it? Or would it be over used and taken advantage of?

Bad Waffle
January 16th, 2009, 08:47 AM
You ask too many questions. If you want to release something, just release it.

DEElekgolo
January 16th, 2009, 09:10 AM
Lemme UV it before you do.

Invader Veex
January 16th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Overused? What would a person do with it? I can only think of renders, and maybe one person will try putting it ingame.

Or someone may try to sell it. :v:

ICEE
January 16th, 2009, 11:05 AM
To be put in game it would need animations, textures, physics, etc. Chances are no on will use it for that. If you had it properly UV'd and textured then I might use it for animation practice or something.

TeeKup
January 16th, 2009, 11:24 AM
Considering the relative flop of the last Scarab. Don't even try to make it a vehicle.

Place it out of the map somewhere to be like long range artillery, shelling a certain area of a map, or something like that.

ICEE
January 16th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Considering the relative flop of the last Scarab. Don't even try to make it a vehicle.

Place it out of the map somewhere to be like long range artillery, shelling a certain area of a map, or something like that.

This, or maybe as a destroyed scarab scenery. I think you could get away with it without messing with the mesh too much, just position it so that its collapsed, maybe detach a leg or two. It would make an interesting base or just cover

Advancebo
January 16th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Well, remember when he released his elephant, some idiot on google warehouse imported it into sketchup, and claimed credit for it.

CodeBrain
January 17th, 2009, 10:01 PM
If someone wanted this ingame, it wouldnt be hard. Just a few weeks/months work putting everything together.

1. Someone would have to animate the scarab, of course. Being its leg movements, when the driver is killed, and a lot of other things. (Such as placing its passengers on the ground.)

2. Textures would have to be copied from Halo 3 (Either by extraction, if it exists, or by just memorizing and painting it yourself. Maybe Dano would do it <_>)

3. Physics is just the bit hard part of tool. Of course, you can use another vehicle's physics. But I do not believe that would work. You have to edit the physics to your liking after you compiled it.

Meh, the collision might be difficult to make through. Sounds would be needed.

Its hard, but just a bit. This would require a team to do so, not a single person.

BobtheGreatII
January 18th, 2009, 12:37 AM
Its hard, but just a bit. This would require a team to do so, not a single person.

That's hard to judge. Depends how fast you would want the final product. A single person is capable of doing a lot. If I felt up to it, I would spend months doing it just for a learning experience. Things might not turn out all that great, but it could happen.