PDA

View Full Version : New Official H2V Map unvieled?

Masterz1337
March 22nd, 2007, 10:44 PM
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/9632/halo2vista1yj0.jpg

The origanal link was http://www.bungie.net/images/news/bigstatic/halo2vista/halo2vista_1.jpg

This was hosted onthe bungie website, but was later taken down. Thoughts?

megaxp
March 22nd, 2007, 10:45 PM
Shit!!!!!!!!!!!
Awesome Photo!

rossmum
March 22nd, 2007, 10:46 PM
Fucking awesome.

That's a Library 'mirite

m13120
March 22nd, 2007, 10:49 PM
:eyesroll: where is teh reticle

Agamemnon
March 22nd, 2007, 10:49 PM
They already said they weren't making any new maps.

CtrlAltDestroy
March 22nd, 2007, 10:52 PM
... will probably be included with the H2X 360 map release as well.

Agamemnon
March 22nd, 2007, 11:15 PM
Omg its coming 4/4/07
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330101121457
liek omg!!!!11!!!1one!!!! EVERYONE BID NOWZ!!!!11!!!11111!1!

:gtfo:

Atty
March 22nd, 2007, 11:15 PM
It's Certain Affinity's new H2 maps. Woo Hoo, Burial Mounds with water. :gizz:

They already said they weren't making any new maps.
You are half right...but because I dislike you greatly I'll just go ahead and say you are totally wrong. While bungie themselves aren't making any new maps (publicly, who knows what the Devs are doing in their spare time) Certain Affinity (A previous Bungie employee's new company) is working on new maps for H2 360 which will release with H2 Vista.

Teroh
March 22nd, 2007, 11:57 PM
I will love that map. :)

Cortexian
March 23rd, 2007, 12:01 AM
No its coming May 8th, k thx bye.

DaneO'Roo
March 23rd, 2007, 12:05 AM
looks kool, and dude May 8th FFS you've made 2 threads about it, shut up

TheGhost
March 23rd, 2007, 12:12 AM
That box says 23 multiplayer maps... how many are there on H2X?

Atty
March 23rd, 2007, 12:13 AM
18 + 5 new ones.

Agamemnon
March 23rd, 2007, 05:43 AM
It's Certain Affinity's new H2 maps. Woo Hoo, Burial Mounds with water. :gizz:

You are half right...but because I dislike you greatly I'll just go ahead and say you are totally wrong. While bungie themselves aren't making any new maps (publicly, who knows what the Devs are doing in their spare time) Certain Affinity (A previous Bungie employee's new company) is working on new maps for H2 360 which will release with H2 Vista.
Got a link to where that's said?

ejburke
March 23rd, 2007, 06:55 AM
Bungie.net had a job listing specifically for "Halo 2 Vista mapmaker" back around August/Spetember of last year. They even mentioned it on their podcast around that time. I thought we were getting more 16-player maps to give servers a more consistent rotation. I wonder what happened to that plan.

DaneO'Roo
March 23rd, 2007, 07:55 AM
^ HMMM I never noticed that. I would really like some new, BIG maps, seeing as Halo 2 is quite cramped.

On the topic of bungies jobs section, I've noticed bungie have given away a few clues in there, as in the animation section: "can you *something something* a 6 legged creature?" and I specifically remember a covenant beast called the Stalker with 6 legs that was going to be in halo 2, but got the boot. Could be in halo 3 mb mb?

And the "can you design the cities of an alien homeworld?" (or something along those lines)

covie homeworld in halo 3 mb? (would explain Snowbound, having large covenant outdoor structures)

*on topic* the map looks pretty boring in a gameplay standpoint judging from that picture, but hey, you can only see a quarter of the screen.

Chewy Gumball
March 23rd, 2007, 10:29 AM
Got a link to where that's said? Go look in the bungie archives. There was a whole news thing on certain affinity.

Xehsin
March 23rd, 2007, 01:51 PM
Hmm, from this view, this map looks ok only. Nothing so special, but you never know. Nice find btw. :)

JDMFSeanP
March 23rd, 2007, 02:03 PM
That looks freakin awesome, I hope someone ports those to xbox so we can mod em, if they are released before H2V

InnerGoat
March 23rd, 2007, 02:14 PM
:eyesroll: where is teh reticleYou can turn the HUD off.:D

Agamemnon
March 23rd, 2007, 04:48 PM
Go look in the bungie archives. There was a whole news thing on certain affinity.
Oh, you mean this story?

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=9318

Maybe you'd like to mention where it mentions the maps actually going to H2V? After all, I thought we prided ourselves on only believing the factual evidence and not assuming.

Bungie.net had a job listing specifically for "Halo 2 Vista mapmaker" back around August/Spetember of last year. They even mentioned it on their podcast around that time. I thought we were getting more 16-player maps to give servers a more consistent rotation. I wonder what happened to that plan.
Uh huh. Once again, how about some proof?

Besides, the only thing we have going for us right now is the name of the link, which ends with halo2vista_1.jpg. That's all we have. Again, does this officially prove that the map will be on H2V? No. For all we know they can decide to drop it from launch or not even include it in H2V at all.

ejburke
March 23rd, 2007, 05:22 PM
I said they brought it up in their podcast. Hint: they only managed to crap out one. Go listen for yourself if you want to be the skeptic. It's a FACT that there was a job listing for a single Halo 2 Vista mapmaker and they were originally planning to put out new maps.

That's not to say that those plans didn't change somewhere along the way.

Agamemnon
March 23rd, 2007, 05:53 PM
Do you have a link to the podcast?

ejburke
March 24th, 2007, 09:03 AM
http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=14512

The Bungie.net redesign seemed to nuke all the direct links. Luckily, I found this. The podcast was from the end of September 2006. The mention of the job opening is somewhere past the 1/3rd mark. They don't mention that the contract mapmaker was for H2V specifically, but that was on the official listing. You'll just have to take my word for it.

Ultimitately, it's meaningless information since it doesn't seem likely that we're getting new exclusive map content. But it proves that that was the original intention.

I_Am_Error117
March 24th, 2007, 09:47 AM
I will love that map. :)

No i will love you errr, i mean uhhh thats a gret looking map. probably a port of one of the new 360 maps and if its not who cares, I have a pc modded xbox, and a 360 so im set for halo

Con
March 24th, 2007, 01:04 PM
Fucking awesome.

That's a Library 'mirite

Looks like it's in the foreground, much smaller, and on top of those pillars. You can see that one of the support arms for the structure passes infront of that cliff behind them. There is also open sky seen under the bridge-like support. It could be some sort of beam emitter.

rossmum
March 24th, 2007, 01:07 PM
Hmmm, maybe.

Con
March 24th, 2007, 01:36 PM
I hope that's not the final water, it looks kinda gross atm. Or does h2 water just not reflect anything?

Hotrod
March 24th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Halo 2 water doesn't reflect anything, it does look a bit different on that map though.

MereCatfish
March 24th, 2007, 03:53 PM

It is true.

Masterz1337
March 24th, 2007, 05:12 PM

Besides, the only thing we have going for us right now is the name of the link, which ends with halo2vista_1.jpg. That's all we have. Again, does this officially prove that the map will be on H2V? No. For all we know they can decide to drop it from launch or not even include it in H2V at all.
I think the fact that bungie even has a pic they uploaded called halo2vista_1.jpg is proof enough, there is a new H2V map.

Hurrvish
March 25th, 2007, 07:57 PM
aw... if only you can port h2v maps to h2x :( like halo ce to halo xbox

Agamemnon
March 25th, 2007, 08:19 PM
I think the fact that bungie even has a pic they uploaded called halo2vista_1.jpg is proof enough, there is a new H2V map.
No, that isn't. It could've been a naming mistake, it could've been a viral attempt to get more attention to H2V, and it also could be a map H2V. A picture with its file name "h2vista" on bungie.net doesn't prove a thing, especially because

a) bungie.net =/= Bungie the company
b) Bungie wouldn't be the ones making the new maps for Vista-exclusive
c) Bungie, Microsoft, and Hired Gun have yet to even acknowledge the picture
d) Bungie has officially stated that there would be no new maps for Halo 2 Vista.

Could I be wrong? Of course. Could you be as well? Just as likely. The point of it is that we shouldn't be jumping the gun on simple wim of small credibility.

Hotrod
March 25th, 2007, 08:34 PM
Bungie.net is Bungie's (the company that made Halo) official site.

Agamemnon
March 25th, 2007, 10:39 PM
Really? I would've never known. [/sarcasm]

I doubt it was Jereme Jones who named every file extension that's put onto the server space and uploads everything onto the site himself. The point being is that the people who handle the site aren't the same people who are touching the port.

Limited
March 25th, 2007, 10:44 PM
I think the fact that bungie even has a pic they uploaded called halo2vista_1.jpg is proof enough, there is a new H2V map.Hmm

http://www.bungie.net/images/news/bigstatic/halo2vista/halo2vista_2.jpg

Thats that small indoor map thats in halo 2 xbox yeh?

[MT]Slayer
March 26th, 2007, 10:47 PM
lol. It looks cool! I don't think the picture would have looked good with the HUD and the reticule.

Hotrod
March 27th, 2007, 05:43 PM
No, that isn't. It could've been a naming mistake, it could've been a viral attempt to get more attention to H2V, and it also could be a map H2V. A picture with its file name "h2vista" on bungie.net doesn't prove a thing, especially because

a) bungie.net =/= Bungie the company
b) Bungie wouldn't be the ones making the new maps for Vista-exclusive
c) Bungie, Microsoft, and Hired Gun have yet to even acknowledge the picture
d) Bungie has officiallystated that there would be no new maps for Halo 2 Vista.

Could I be wrong? Of course. Could you be as well? Just as likely. The point of it is that we shouldn't be jumping the gun on simple wim of small credibility.

Then why did you say this? It didn't look like you were being sarcastic there.

Agamemnon
March 27th, 2007, 06:10 PM
Because I figured that anyone would be able to use common sense and come to that conclusion.

Arteen
March 27th, 2007, 06:34 PM
Hmm

http://www.bungie.net/images/news/bigstatic/halo2vista/halo2vista_2.jpg

Thats that small indoor map thats in halo 2 xbox yeh?
Yes, and that map is also going to be in Halo 2 Vista. It's also one of the only three maps shown so far on Vista.

Agamemnon
March 27th, 2007, 07:02 PM
I'm pretty sure his aim in that post was to allude to how the picture was also titled "Halo 2 vista," yet we all know it's an Xbox map being ported with H2V. For all we know, they could actually be adding the new maps that are coming out for Halo 2 Xbox. I think that's as far as the stretch goes.

Pred1ator
March 27th, 2007, 07:22 PM
in the first post, anyone reconize that thar is no shadow on the spartans?

oh and arteen, thats ivory tower....

Champ
March 27th, 2007, 07:24 PM
Bungie said a long time ago that there would be new Halo 2 maps for the Xbox 360, and that Vista would be shipped with all the maps from the console version.

Hotrod
March 27th, 2007, 07:38 PM
in the first post, anyone reconize that thar is no shadow on the spartans?

Actually, I have not noticed that. I could be that the lighting isn't done yet.

[MT]Slayer
March 27th, 2007, 08:28 PM
ya, it may still be in development.

Pred1ator
March 27th, 2007, 08:31 PM
guys look at the image closer, looks photoshopped, i swear the spartans look cropped out

Hotrod
March 27th, 2007, 08:36 PM
But if it was photoshopped, why would it be on Bungie's site?

[MT]Slayer
March 27th, 2007, 08:37 PM
i'll look closer to see what it is...and it is not the library...the library on alpha and delta halo are different, i don't really know about the one on alpha halo but on delta halo, the library is a huge structure, that doesn't shoot those beacon beams, and on one of the SP levels in Halo 2, (Sacred Icon, or Quarantine Zone), the library is impressive.

Pred1ator
March 27th, 2007, 08:50 PM
But if it was photoshopped, why would it be on Bungie's site?

the link doesnt work...cannot connect to page....weird huh?

Hotrod
March 27th, 2007, 08:51 PM
I guess. But how did Masterz get the picture if it wasn't on the site in the first place?

Atty
March 28th, 2007, 12:29 AM
Got a link to where that's said?Yeah, I do. Why do you ask?

I guess. But how did Masterz get the picture if it wasn't on the site in the first place?A few people caught the image then downloaded it before Bungie took it down from their site, he either got lucky and saw it before it was nicked or he got it from someone else.

Agamemnon
March 28th, 2007, 05:17 AM
Bungie said a long time ago that there would be new Halo 2 maps for the Xbox 360, and that Vista would be shipped with all the maps from the console version.
Link it.

Yeah, I do. Why do you ask?
There were nuclear weapons in Iraq. Oh, wait, you actually want me to link you the proof? Why would I do such a thing? :confused2: Can't you just take my word for it?

Champ
March 28th, 2007, 07:01 PM
No, go find it yourself. I'm not going to waste my time trying to find one little piece of information that was posted months ago.

Also, you seem to be lacking in your knowledge of Agamemnon. He was not in the shores of Troy when he was killed.

Agamemnon
March 28th, 2007, 09:46 PM
No, go find it yourself. I'm not going to waste my time trying to find one little piece of information that was posted months ago.

Also, you seem to be lacking in your knowledge of Agamemnon. He was not in the shores of Troy when he was killed.

Given the fact that I've sifted through every bit of H2V info posted by Bungie, Microsoft, and the random Hired Gun blogs, I'd say you're making shit up. I'm not going on a wild goose chase because you've decided to fabricate some story you think has happened.

And it seems it is YOU who is lacking in your knowledge. Since when does my location have to present itself to be where he died?

Neuro Guro
March 28th, 2007, 10:19 PM
pretty ross , pretty ross

Champ
March 29th, 2007, 05:25 PM
Given the fact that I've sifted through every bit of H2V info posted by Bungie, Microsoft, and the random Hired Gun blogs, I'd say you're making shit up. I'm not going on a wild goose chase because you've decided to fabricate some story you think has happened.
ya huh, sure

And it seems it is YOU who is lacking in your knowledge. Since when does my location have to present itself to be where he died?Because if he wasn't there when he died...He can't go back to it, and no, I'm not lacking in my knowledge http://gbhers.18.forumer.com/html/emoticons/gbhers/awesome.png

Agamemnon
March 29th, 2007, 06:07 PM
Now here this everyone! Your location cannot be what ever you wish it to be, even in a place where you deem even imaginary! You MUST post your current location or you will forever be an idiot!

There, are you done now, or do you wish to continue to grief this thread?

Champ
March 30th, 2007, 02:45 PM
Now here this everyone! Your location cannot be what ever you wish it to be, even in a place where you deem even imaginary! You MUST post your current location or you will forever be an idiot!

There, are you done now, or do you wish to continue to grief this thread?
"Here this"? I guess you will forever be an idiot.

TheGhost
April 3rd, 2007, 10:45 PM
Hey guys, stop your petty arguing. Thanks.

Champ
April 4th, 2007, 10:29 PM
We did...