PDA

View Full Version : Can the Master Chief Change Color In SP

slik90
March 23rd, 2007, 06:31 PM
Does anyone know how to make your Spartan be a different color in the SP game, would be cool if he could change to any of the MP colors

Rob Oplawar
March 23rd, 2007, 06:46 PM
I'm sure it can be done, pretty easily at that, but it probably involves some tag switching and tweaking that I don't want to try and figure out right now. Try comparing cyborg.biped and the cyborg_mp.biped- I think that's what they're called. Or just stick around and somebody who does know will probably come along =P

Limited
March 23rd, 2007, 07:26 PM
Yes

p0lar_bear
March 23rd, 2007, 11:06 PM
The color of the single-player biped (characters/cyborg/cyborg.biped) is defined in its .biped tag, under the change colors block.

Colors of enemies/allies, like elites and grunts, are defined in the .actor_variant tag that the AI encounters use.

Colors of multiplayer bipeds are defined internally by the engine.

Zeph
March 24th, 2007, 12:55 AM
:\, I always thought multipurpose color change was hard coded in the engine for the SP and MP player models.

slik90
March 24th, 2007, 07:55 AM
Is there A Dev code option to use to change the color of the Chief while inside a level , I would like to change the support spartans in the CMT version to black instead of that nasty green . or red , or blue, would be cool for movie making, blue team move out lol.

Pred1ator
March 24th, 2007, 08:44 AM
isnt cmts version protected?

Reaper Man
March 24th, 2007, 08:59 AM
Hmm, I wonder if you set the cyborg_mp biped as the sp one, would it beyour mp colour? I think that would be awesome for sp, though, not very realistic.

I_Am_Error117
March 24th, 2007, 09:41 AM
or you could re skin it =\

Limited
March 24th, 2007, 10:48 AM
:\, I always thought multipurpose color change was hard coded in the engine for the SP and MP player models.
Does that matter? No, its still possible. I wouldnt call it hard coded either. Its just a shader...

p0lar_bear
March 24th, 2007, 11:08 AM
Is there A Dev code option to use to change the color of the Chief while inside a level , I would like to change the support spartans in the CMT version to black instead of that nasty green . or red , or blue, would be cool for movie making, blue team move out lol.

Nope.