PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2 Vista Map - The Pit?

xExus
January 31st, 2009, 11:02 AM
I was thinking about about a remake of the Halo 3 map The Pit for H2V. I think it would be a great map for Halo 2.

I remember Conscars was doing a remake of Valhalla a long time ago... so is it possible to do this? That would just be awesome.

:)

Syuusuke
January 31st, 2009, 11:13 AM
Just don't abandon it =P

Con
January 31st, 2009, 12:05 PM
Halo 3 content with the h2ek is the problem, but the map should play well enough on h2 with some balancing...

Pyong Kawaguchi
January 31st, 2009, 03:01 PM
It can have h3-like gameplay, but new models/textures is another story, I did figure out how to replace textures a while ago in custom mp maps.

DarkHalo003
January 31st, 2009, 08:39 PM
I'd ask Penguin or Polar about this, mainly because they are working on the CE port. Perhaps you could get something going with that?

Disaster
January 31st, 2009, 08:56 PM
I'd ask Penguin or Polar about this, mainly because they are working on the CE port. Perhaps you could get something going with that?
I didn't know polar was working on it? Thought it was Zteam and peng?

Choking Victim
January 31st, 2009, 08:57 PM
I didn't know polar was working on it? Thought it was Zteam and peng?
It is, he's mistaken.

DarkHalo003
January 31st, 2009, 09:17 PM
It is, he's mistaken.
Sorry, I saw Polar often in that thread and did get him mixed up. But, yeah, mainly ask Zteam or Penguin if you want to try to get a port to H2V. Not sure how successful it would be though.

PenGuin1362
February 1st, 2009, 12:36 AM
Yeah, me and Zteam are working on a h2v port of the pit, our priority is CE, than once we finsih that it's h2v

xExus
February 1st, 2009, 05:14 AM
Yeah, me and Zteam are working on a h2v port of the pit, our priority is CE, than once we finsih that it's h2v

That's fucking awesome. Any guess when it's gonna be done?

Syuusuke
February 1st, 2009, 09:15 AM
When they're sexually satisfied with CE's contents.

Hey, you could try the Lockout-lookalike, Blackout? I think.

leorimolo
February 1st, 2009, 11:01 AM
I could probably get you the retail halo 3 textures for the pit, letme ask my friend if I can rip them first.

Choking Victim
February 1st, 2009, 11:14 AM
I could probably get you the retail halo 3 textures for the pit, letme ask my friend if I can rip them first.
Screencaps? Don't bother, we can manage.

leorimolo
February 1st, 2009, 11:37 AM
Screencaps? Don't bother, we can manage.
No.

Choking Victim
February 1st, 2009, 11:39 AM
No.
From who then? No one's publicly cracked the compression scheme and the only way people are extracting textures nowadays are with screen caps on dev kits.

leorimolo
February 1st, 2009, 11:41 AM
From who then? No one's publicly cracked the compression scheme and the only way people are extracting textures nowadays are with screen caps on dev kits.
We place the Texture on our hud, then you take a picture with the devkit tools. Its a perfect rip

Choking Victim
February 1st, 2009, 11:42 AM
We place the Texture on our hud, then you take a picture with the devkit tools. Its a perfect rip
That's what i mean. Screen caps. It's far from perfect, and again we can manage.

leorimolo
February 1st, 2009, 11:45 AM
That's what i mean. Screen caps. It's far from perfect, and again we can manage.
Chocking I'm honestly fed up with you thinking you know everything. Its a fucking perfect rip, it will get you far better than any other thing that exists right now. Explain to me how does it differ from extracting the texture directly from the raw.

Choking Victim
February 1st, 2009, 11:47 AM
Chocking I'm honestly fed up with you thinking you know everything. Its a fucking perfect rip, it will get you far better than any other thing that exists right now. Explain to me how does it differ from extracting the texture directly from the raw.
The alpha channels screw up the texture, there's some quality loss, bump maps can't extract, and the list goes on. Trust me on this, I know more about it than I can even tell you.

Also, are you dense? ITS SPELLED CHOKING

Masterz1337
February 1st, 2009, 11:51 AM
Just quit it Leo. You have no idea who you're talking to.

leorimolo
February 1st, 2009, 11:55 AM
The alpha channels screw up the texture, there's some quality loss, bump maps can't extract, and the list goes on. Trust me on this, I know more about it than I can even tell you.

Also, are you dense? ITS SPELLED CHOKING
"xl DeToX lx (11:54:14 AM): bump maps yes
xl DeToX lx (11:54:17 AM): alpha maps maybe"

There you go.

Choking Victim
February 1st, 2009, 12:00 PM
"xl DeToX lx (11:54:14 AM): bump maps yes
xl DeToX lx (11:54:17 AM): alpha maps maybe"

There you go.

I don't get it, is he agreeing with me? I've talked to detox and darkshallfall, dark complains about the alpha's blending with the base rgb channels therefore editing the base map to look different. Jpeg compression is the source of the quality loss. Normal Maps don't show correctly when screen capped on the hud.

I'd post examples of these, but I'm not one to leak content that isn't supposed to be public.

leorimolo
February 1st, 2009, 12:03 PM
I don't get it, is he agreeing with me? I've talked to detox and darkshallfall, dark complains about the alpha's blending with the base rgb channels therefore editing the base map to look different. Jpeg compression is the source of the quality loss. Normal Maps don't show correctly when screen capped on the hud.
Ok. Thanks atleast this time you gave me a concise answer. Anyways as far as compression goes they're not really in Jpeg more like PNG, but I'm guessing it still looses some quality.

Choking Victim
February 1st, 2009, 12:06 PM
Ok. Thanks atleast this time you gave me a concise answer. Anyways as far as compression goes they're not really in Jpeg more like PNG, but I'm guessing it still looses some quality.
I didn't give you a concise answer earlier because supposedly you knew more than me on the subject, so i assumed you knew what i was talking about without me spelling it out for you. The jpeg compression I was talking about was in the screenshot extractor tools, like this one: http://www.halomods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=69911

I forget the one I used that saved them as jpegs.

CtrlAltDestroy
February 1st, 2009, 01:59 PM

We've attempted going this route a long time ago. Honestly, they just ended up looking like shit.

Besides, we really don't need extracted textures for this project anyways.

PenGuin1362
February 1st, 2009, 02:59 PM
There's no reason for any of this discussion anyway. Con has already finished all but 1 texture I need for the map...

xExus
February 3rd, 2009, 09:46 AM
There's no reason for any of this discussion anyway. Con has already finished all but 1 texture I need for the map...

Wait... so it's nearly done?

Joshflighter
February 3rd, 2009, 10:47 AM

Umm... He just said that he has all the textures but one. I don't think that means the map is almost done.. :o

I may be mistaken though.

xExus
February 3rd, 2009, 10:54 AM
Umm... He just said that he has all the textures but one. I don't think that means the map is almost done.. :o

I may be mistaken though.

Nah, I'm the one being mistaken. I just didn't realise that.

ShadowSpartan
February 3rd, 2009, 11:20 AM
No.

You are correct.

xExus
February 5th, 2009, 09:13 AM
No.

You are correct.

You fail?

lame post bro ~con

ShadowSpartan
February 5th, 2009, 09:21 AM
You fail?

What? All I did was clarify that Fear was correct.

KIWIDOGGIE
February 5th, 2009, 04:45 PM
To end this, or to start something else.

Foundry, The Pit Beta, Sandtrap are in a working beta. all have been seen before.

xExus
February 6th, 2009, 08:32 AM
What? All I did was clarify that Fear was correct.

Well, I was annoyed by that extremely lame post. All you did was repeating the news and making me look like an idiot. :)

ShadowSpartan
February 6th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Well, I was annoyed by that extremely lame post. All you did was repeating the news and making me look like an idiot. :)
It is only "lame" in your eyes because it made you "look like an idiot"? That's really sad.

I didn't even repeat the news, I was saying that you were not correct and that Fear was correct. If you want to continue this discussion, do so through a private message.

Anyway, Conscars, I see that you were in this topic. Go finish up that last texture!

xExus
February 7th, 2009, 12:12 PM
It is only "lame" in your eyes because it made you "look like an idiot"? That's really sad.

I didn't even repeat the news, I was saying that you were not correct and that Fear was correct. If you want to continue this discussion, do so through a private message.

Anyway, Conscars, I see that you were in this topic. Go finish up that last texture!

1) No. Those two things weren't connected. I never said that.

2) Yes, you did. I said in a post above you that I was wrong and the one being mistaken. So it felt pretty lame when you said "You are wrong". I already got that. Your post felt and was completely unnecessary. That's why I replied "You fail?" as a joke since you didn't contribute anything to the site at all, you was like somekind of an useless echo. But besides, who the fuck cares? This is just the internet.

So I don't give a shit about this from now on. :)

k?

Inferno
February 7th, 2009, 12:14 PM
You better watch it brosef. Shadow is going to be :mad: at you.

xExus
February 7th, 2009, 01:21 PM

Oh whatever. I will stop posting in this thread unless something important about the map comes up.

ShadowSpartan
February 7th, 2009, 01:26 PM
1) No. Those two things weren't connected. I never said that.
Actually, they are connected. You called my post "lame", and you said that my post made you look like an idiot. Therefore it is logical to say that you felt my post was lame because it made you look like an idiot.

2) Yes, you did. I said in a post above you that I was wrong and the one being mistaken. So it felt pretty lame when you said "You are wrong". I already got that. Your post felt and was completely unnecessary. That's why I replied "You fail?" as a joke since you didn't contribute anything to the site at all, you was like somekind of an useless echo.

You are not working on the map, therefore whatever you say can not be considered "news". I was simply clarifying that the map was not almost complete, because Fear was not 100% sure on his answer about your incorrect assumptions. So you think that setting the record straight about some misleading information is complete unnecessary? I beg to differ.

Lol. :p

Bad Waffle
February 8th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Can everybody juuuuust step back for a second? I'm like the king of e-fighting, and from personal experience it never turns out right. Exus is just eggin' ye on, shadow.