PDA

View Full Version : Playstation 3 Europe & Australia Launch

Limited
March 25th, 2007, 07:41 PM
Went down a blast in London, wish I had bought a ps3 now :P.

They were giving out free HDTV 46 inch to everyone who bought the console.

They were allowed to wait in the store (a few days prior to release) given free food and drink, and everyone who waited was given a free game. Big contrast to american launch, when some people weren't even allowed to wait outside in line as it was "store property" they were forced out. Shame.

Launch in france was hillarious, microsoft crashed it by having a bardge near the playstation one with banners on and everything.

Damn I wish I got a free TV :(
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6474045.stm

any one here buy one on 23rd?

Pooky
March 25th, 2007, 11:09 PM
Run for the hills, fanboys

http://brianromero.com/blog/2006/02_february/fanboy.jpg

rossmum
March 27th, 2007, 12:40 AM
Oh, it launched here?

*goes back to doing absolutely nothing*

Mr Buckshot
March 27th, 2007, 01:33 AM
I'm getting one as soon as some of those sequels to the best Playstation series are released, i.e. MGS 4, the next Twisted Metal, and the next Final Fantasy. Right now Resistance is the only good PS3 exclusive game, but isn't the true killer app. Oblivion and CoD3 are good, but I already have Oblivion on PC and CoD3 is on X360, and I can borrow it some other time.

I am also awaiting the next Time Crisis. I played it on PS2 next door, and while it's kind of generic, it's a solid light gun game, and a welcome break from swiveling dual sticks or shuffling a mouse.

Bloody hell, a free HDTV? If I didn't already have one, I'd have flown over to Europe and grabbed a PS3...

legionaire45
March 27th, 2007, 01:36 AM
I wanted one because you could get FF VII on a PSP by buying it via PS3. Someone made a ps1 emulator (or modified Sony's, not sure) that doesn't require it. Now the only thing that tempts me is the raw Folding@Home performance. AKA no way in hell im paying $354235 for a folding at home rig I can already set up from extra components xD.

Its a great console, it's just way too expensive for me.

rossmum
March 27th, 2007, 08:25 AM
I really don't see what the fuss is about... I think I made my reasons clear in the consoles threads. ;)

Won't be getting one.

Rosco
March 27th, 2007, 10:18 AM
I didn't see the big deal until my brother bought one and put it on his 70" projecter.

Very nice console, not what I would get but still a very nice one.

itszutak
March 27th, 2007, 08:32 PM
Didn't think the PS3 was so hot until I saw it in action.

It can do stuff with the detail of Gears and twice the FPS. o_o

Too bad I don't have $600 or $100 for each of those damn blu-ray disks >_<

Limited
March 28th, 2007, 03:46 PM
Fried, I said EU launch and you posted a fat guy, US launch was last year...

If I had the money. I'd get both 360 and PS3. However I'd get more fun out of 360 due to LIVE and the games for 360 are great. Plus there isnt any fantastic games for PS3 apart from that resistance. When I sa great games, I mean like BIG titles, 360 has GOW, Tom Clancy Vegas, Lost Planet (has crap online play) GRAW & GRAW 2 etc

Pooky
March 28th, 2007, 03:48 PM
Oh, you wanted a European fanboy?

http://igargoyle.com/archives/fanboy.jpg

k

Limited
March 28th, 2007, 03:49 PM
That's better!