February 7th, 2009, 03:00 AM
http://www.epicbox.net/.ges/GoldenEyeSource_Beta_3.0.1.exe

Go go go!

Who wants to play?

T4hNJL2q5P8

ultama121
February 7th, 2009, 04:55 AM
Played it earlier.

Soooooooooooooo much improvement over the last one that I almost ejaculated.
In terms of fixes, the main big thing would have to be the netcode/hit detection. Then of course you have all of your new stuff like guns levels etc. The gameplay has been fine tuned in one way or another, as well as the UI is now awesome.

Limited
February 7th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Hell yes I'll play it.

Syuusuke
February 7th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Does the awesome 007 music play while you're playing?

Rentafence
February 7th, 2009, 07:20 PM
Looks great. I only wish they had death animations like the original game.

n00b1n8R
February 8th, 2009, 12:00 AM
Have they fixed the frame-rate issues?

Limited
February 8th, 2009, 11:28 PM
Yes.

I'm getting alot of latency probably due to me being in UK, its pretty fun though :D

Heathen
February 8th, 2009, 11:55 PM
Had one of the older ones back in the gap.

Loved it.

Pooky
February 9th, 2009, 10:40 AM
Oh right I forgot about this. DL'ing.

Llama Juice
February 9th, 2009, 01:37 PM

JzPbRtIcqTI

You can download the OST too. (http://ryanlobbins.com/mods/goldeneye/downloads/GES_Beta3_OST.zip)

Pooky
February 9th, 2009, 01:39 PM
Played some of this earlier, was pretty awesome. Cradle is still the worst map ever conceived. Frame rate is good for the most part, but the outdoor area on runway is pretty harsh. Someone needs to get on so I can play this with non randoms :(

Rentafence
February 9th, 2009, 06:24 PM
Soundtrack sounds like something more fitting for perfect dark, as it's way to techno-y.

p0lar_bear
February 10th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Ehhh...

I played a few rounds and it just doesn't feel right. Something's missing... or something idk.

I'm just not feeling the same fun I had with GE64. vOv

Lex1337
February 10th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Do I need anything to play this beta?

DrunkenSamus
February 10th, 2009, 08:40 PM
Ehhh...

I played a few rounds and it just doesn't feel right. Something's missing... or something idk.

It's too fast and it needs the original gun sounds from the N64 version.

Pooky
February 11th, 2009, 01:24 AM
Ehhh...

The added jumping ability and mouse look makes a lot of the maps not quite work right. Other than that, idk.

p0lar_bear
February 11th, 2009, 02:20 AM
Do I need anything to play this beta?

Source SDK Base - Orange Box.

Lex1337
February 11th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Aw, I thought this was a stand alone beta.

ultama121
February 11th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Uh it is. The Source SDK is needed for every single mod on steam.

Unless of course you were wondering if this didn't require anything... That isn't very likely to ever happen with a Source Mod. :p

p0lar_bear
February 11th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Aw, I thought this was a stand alone beta.

It's still a Source mod though, and thus gains the requirements of all other Source mods.

n00b1n8R
February 12th, 2009, 12:08 AM
Uh it is. The Source SDK is needed for every single mod on steam.

Unless of course you were wondering if this didn't require anything... That isn't very likely to ever happen with a Source Mod. :p
Sourceforts didn't.
At least not the version I started on (and I don't think Dystopia did either.. I think I first got it for Empires)

ultama121
February 12th, 2009, 12:11 AM
Hmm... didn't know that.

Pooky
February 12th, 2009, 10:10 AM
Sourceforts didn't.
At least not the version I started on (and I don't think Dystopia did either.. I think I first got it for Empires)

They don't all require SDK base but they do all require one source engine game.

SnaFuBAR
February 12th, 2009, 05:36 PM
higher res models would've been nice, along with better textures and animations. The whole thing looks really mediocre. IMO they had a chance to do something better than Goldeneye with all the abilities of the source engine and modern pc hardware, and they totally blew it.

ultama121
February 12th, 2009, 05:43 PM
I agree on all of the visuals there Snaf... I found the gameplay pretty outstanding though.

Pooky
February 12th, 2009, 08:33 PM
higher res models would've been nice, along with better textures and animations. The whole thing looks really mediocre. IMO they had a chance to do something better than Goldeneye with all the abilities of the source engine and modern pc hardware, and they totally blew it.

I felt like the gameplay and sound design made up for that. Seriously, some of the music tracks are incredibly epic (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8koYngC9ls).

Dr Pepper
February 12th, 2009, 09:02 PM
THis is great, Downloading from firefront

DrunkenSamus
February 12th, 2009, 09:28 PM
I felt like the gameplay and sound design made up for that. Seriously, some of the music tracks are incredibly epic (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8koYngC9ls).

In-fucking-credible. I still prefer the N64 tracks though.

Dr Pepper
February 12th, 2009, 09:39 PM
I need help, I installed it and i said not to create shortcuts and now I can't open it!

p0lar_bear
February 12th, 2009, 09:55 PM

The problem here is that they're "updating" such a dated and limited game. All of the puristfags are crying to keep some elements of the game there that were forced due to hardware limitations on the N64, like the simple reload method, while pushing for better grafix.

In hindsight, I really think GE64 shouldn't have been ported tbqh. You can't make it into a great Source-powered experience without essentially making it into a whole new game. Look what happened with GoldenEye: Rogue Agent. It was nothing at ALL like GE64, yet tried to pass itself off as such, and failed.

However, this game is still in development. I wouldn't discount it as a failure quite yet, at least until it hits RC builds.

That reminds me, there was another 007 title for GCN that I played and thoroughly enjoyed with my friends. I forget the title, but I remember hopping around the multiplayer levels with a "Q-Claw" and dropping Prox Mines everywhere.

Rentafence
February 12th, 2009, 10:04 PM
That reminds me, there was another 007 title for GCN that I played and thoroughly enjoyed with my friends. I forget the title, but I remember hopping around the multiplayer levels with a "Q-Claw" and dropping Prox Mines everywhere.

Agent Under Fire