PDA

View Full Version : Broken Bird

rossmum
March 26th, 2007, 04:29 AM
Another edited CFS3 screen. This time I isolated the 109 and then edited it into a photo I found on Google, and added the smoke and rain (both of which probably need work; I'm mucking around with PS a lot to try and discover what works and what doesn't).

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/147/433237247_9b1920416a_o.jpg

Went for old photo look on this one.

Originals:
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/rossmum/isolated109glanding.png
http://www.micheletaras.com/Scenic/Flax%20Field.jpg

/gbx c&p

Limited
March 26th, 2007, 04:44 AM
Not a big fan on the rain mainly because its so much, maybe tone down the opacity.

Like the shot, mainly because its a down'd german plane.

SnaFuBAR
March 26th, 2007, 04:46 AM
downed 109 doesn't look so broken.

rossmum
March 26th, 2007, 04:50 AM
THE ENGINE IS GOSH WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT????!!

Actually, I might make a properly broken one when I get time :p

Agamemnon
March 26th, 2007, 05:21 AM
Yeah, would a camera from the 1940's actually be able to capture the rain in its frame?

Rob Oplawar
March 26th, 2007, 11:32 AM
Hate to be a stickler, but the smoke is going the wrong way- the wind is blowing the rain, but the smoke is going into the wind. Otherwise fantastic work, it looks really good. I wish I could do that.

PenGuin1362
March 26th, 2007, 02:04 PM
lol he's right. few issues i have with this as well, did the plane just kinda gently drop down into place? cause that's what it looks like. needs debris and such about and the plane itself looks to fine to be broken. and it looks to bright to be stormy. but the plane fits in quite nicely.

and are you mocking my inability to fly? :(

Leiukemia
March 26th, 2007, 05:27 PM
I like the look of it not being all smashed and stuff. Like it had to quickly land in the flower field, but the engine is all burnt out.

PenGuin1362
March 26th, 2007, 05:56 PM
well i'd expect bullet holes and such, the engine wouldn't just burst into smoke for no reason, and some damage to the area around where it landed. the flowers wouldn't just brush over....especially against a prop plane >_>.

Leiukemia
March 26th, 2007, 06:21 PM
NO! Stop putting realism over the prettyness! :)

Con
March 26th, 2007, 06:29 PM
Your smoke is going the wrong way, it should be blowing in the same direction as the rain. Also add some clouds in the sky, or atleast make it darker to match the rain.

Pooky
March 26th, 2007, 07:19 PM
I'm not going to comment on the scene due to the logic errors... but the photoshopping isn't too badly done

RaVNzCRoFT
March 26th, 2007, 08:07 PM
Here's a tip for dispersing rain so it's not in such large amounts.

Start by pressing "D". Create a new layer and add a filter > render > clouds. Then select the eraser tool, and select a brush from the bottom of the "Basic Brushes" set. The faded ones, not the ones with the hard edges. Increase the size as much as you need. Then select your rain layer and gently brush where the black portions of your cloud layer are.

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/3002/rossmumrainqp6.jpg

rossmum
March 26th, 2007, 10:02 PM
Hate to be a stickler, but the smoke is going the wrong way- the wind is blowing the rain, but the smoke is going into the wind. Otherwise fantastic work, it looks really good. I wish I could do that.
Thanks for pointing that out, can't believe I did that :eyesroll:

lol he's right. few issues i have with this as well, did the plane just kinda gently drop down into place? cause that's what it looks like. needs debris and such about and the plane itself looks to fine to be broken. and it looks to bright to be stormy. but the plane fits in quite nicely.

and are you mocking my inability to fly? :(
It landed with the motor out. But yeah, probably could've done with more damage.

Also, yes :lol:

I like the look of it not being all smashed and stuff. Like it had to quickly land in the flower field, but the engine is all burnt out.
Pretty much what I wanted.

Here's a tip for dispersing rain so it's not in such large amounts.

Start by pressing "D". Create a new layer and add a filter > render > clouds. Then select the eraser tool, and select a brush from the bottom of the "Basic Brushes" set. The faded ones, not the ones with the hard edges. Increase the size as much as you need. Then select your rain layer and gently brush where the black portions of your cloud layer are.
Did that, but with less eraser tool. :p

RaVNzCRoFT
March 27th, 2007, 05:22 PM
Well...do more. -_______-