PDA

View Full Version : Chimp attacks? In my town? It's more likely than you think.

Masterz1337
February 16th, 2009, 09:04 PM
STAMFORD, Conn. - A 175-pound chimpanzee kept as a pet was shot and killed by a police officer Monday after it attacked a woman visiting its owners' home, leaving her with serious facial injuries, authorities said.

The injured woman, described by police as in her 50s, was taken to a hospital; her condition and identity were not immediately available. The 15-year-old chimpanzee's owner and two officers also were hurt, though police said the extent of their injuries was not immediately known.

The Advocate of Stamford reported on its Web site that the primate's owner called 911 and tried to stop the chimp from attacking the woman by stabbing it with a butcher knife.

As emergency crews arrived to treat the victim, the chimpanzee — named Travis — revived and opened the door of a police cruiser. The officer inside fired several shots, killing the chimp, The Advocate reported.

The chimpanzee was well known around Stamford because he rode around in trucks belonging to the towing company operated by his owners.

In 2003, he escaped from his owners' vehicle in downtown Stamford for two hours. Police then used cookies, macadamia treats and ice cream in an attempt to lure him back into the vehicle, but subdued him only after he became too tired to resist.

At the time of the 2003 attack, police said the owners told them the chimpanzee was toilet trained, dressed and bathed himself, ate at the table and drank wine from a stemmed glass.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29227429/

Right by my Moms house too.

Syuusuke
February 16th, 2009, 09:16 PM
At the time of the 2003 attack, police said the owners told them the chimpanzee was toilet trained, dressed and bathed himself, ate at the table and drank wine from a stemmed glass.

Sweet, but I think it had too much wine.

mech
February 16th, 2009, 10:22 PM
175 pound chimp? Was it obese?

Con
February 18th, 2009, 09:29 AM
15 year old owner? no wonder

Masterz1337
February 18th, 2009, 09:37 AM
No the chimp was 15, I think the owner was in her 70s.

randreach454
February 18th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Ha my dad was telling me about this the other day, when he saw it on the news. Good thing i live on the opposite side of ct :D

itszutak
February 18th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Congrats, your town hit trans-national gossip status-- I heard a classmate of mine here in California talking about this

Rentafence
February 18th, 2009, 10:00 PM
Woo hoo my state is in the national news because of monkeys.

mech
February 19th, 2009, 02:00 PM
The victims face was ripped apart by the chimp.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2009/02/18/am.carroll.chimp.attack.02.18.cnn?iref=videosearch

I laughed at the chimp noises D:

Evil_Monkey
February 19th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Heard about this yesterday its mad. I wouldn't even think of keeping a 175 pound chimp as a pet.

DOMINATOR
February 19th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Heard about this yesterday its mad. I wouldn't even think of keeping a 175 pound chimp as a pet.
just evil monkeys in the closet

Hotrod
February 19th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Well, this isn't the first time that adopted chimps have attacked people, so I'm not surprised that this happened, at all.

killer9856
February 19th, 2009, 07:06 PM
When I heard about this, I was thinking Who the hell keeps a monkey as a pet? The call though sounded pretty bad. Sounded like a horror movie kind of thing.

Corndogman
February 19th, 2009, 09:48 PM
Yeah, people in my classes have been talking about this here in Florida too. Apparently its being talked about on a local radio station, but its being blown way out of proportion. They're saying that the chimp ripped off both of the victims hands, and beat her to death with them. As far as I've heard, shes still alive, and her hands are still attached, though badly injured.

Masterz1337
February 20th, 2009, 12:18 AM
Well I think the chimp bit/tore off some of her fingers and broke her hands. At least thats what I've been hearing.

ultama121
February 20th, 2009, 12:31 AM
Yeah I heard this on the news. The recording disturbed me quite a bit...

n00b1n8R
February 20th, 2009, 05:57 AM
I keep reading the thread title as "champ attacks"
Stop hacking my eyes. :saddowns:

Hotrod
February 20th, 2009, 06:38 AM
Well I think the chimp bit/tore off some of her fingers and broke her hands. At least thats what I've been hearing.
This just shows that no matter how cute they are, monkeys/chimps can still be extremely dangerous. When I first read the article, I never expected it to be this bad though.

Choking Victim
February 20th, 2009, 07:01 AM
This just shows that no matter how cute they are, monkeys/chimps can still be extremely dangerous. When I first read the article, I never expected it to be this bad though.
Cute? I find them repulsive.

DarkHalo003
February 20th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Wow, an animal attacked a human, woopdee fucking doo. Can the media find anything else to put on the news besides animal attacks and Phelps smoking pot? Half the world is in Chaos right now and we're focusing on animal attacks that happen daily? So does that mean if I get attacked by my pet toyger, I'll get on TV?

Dude, that's funny that it's by your region. It's always interesting to see what from the hood gets put on the news.

Hotrod
February 20th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Cute? I find them repulsive.
I was thinking more about the little ones, like the one in Pirates of the Carribean.

Masterz1337
February 21st, 2009, 12:10 PM
Wow, an animal attacked a human, woopdee fucking doo. Can the media find anything else to put on the news besides animal attacks and Phelps smoking pot? Half the world is in Chaos right now and we're focusing on animal attacks that happen daily? So does that mean if I get attacked by my pet toyger, I'll get on TV?

Dude, that's funny that it's by your region. It's always interesting to see what from the hood gets put on the news.

I actually think this is news worthy. It's important for people to realize the dangers of having exotic animals, as tame as they can be. It's one thing ot have a dog that may bite, it's another to have an animal that can tear your fucking arms out and rip your face off.