PDA

View Full Version : [TF2] tsk tsk

n00b1n8R
February 27th, 2009, 05:13 AM
I Can't Take My Eyes Off You for Five Minutes (http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=2293) February 25, 2009 - TF Announcer

http://www.teamfortress.com/images/posts/fail.jpg

Honestly.

Please, do take a cursory glance at the missive directly below this one. Take care to notice its author, and the dismally recent date of its posting.

Now imagine how profound my disappointment, to be called back again so soon to administer justice to the melon-headed few of you who persist in fraudulence. I'd just sat down with the two things I enjoy most in life — the most recent issue of Punishment Monthly and a carton of cigarettes — when the alarm sounded. I feel like a dog owner who's rubbed her pet's nose in a mess on the carpet, only to turn around and discover it setting fire to the drapes.

This time it seems a number of you used an external application to unlock all of your achievements in order to get items unfairly. Coming as a surprise to no one with the ability to retain memories of the recent past, I have taken these items from the perpetrators for one week.

Can I trust that this episode has finally taught you a lesson? I should live so long. Having watched how the sorry lot of you comport yourselves on the battlefield and in the forums, I would consider it a small miracle to trust one of you enough to lick stamps without asphyxiating.

My magazine awaits.

The Administrator
http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=2293

Fess up. <:maddowns:>

Sel
February 27th, 2009, 07:41 AM
cn got pwned

itszutak
February 27th, 2009, 08:17 AM
I'm glad I only use achievementbox servers. All that they do is irreparably fuck up your stats :downs:

n00b1n8R
February 27th, 2009, 08:27 AM
Yeah, I want a stats reset button.
I'm sick of looking at my unrepeatable awesome scores. :saddowns:

p0lar_bear
February 27th, 2009, 12:15 PM
I think there is a stat reset button somewhere. I think I saw one once.

e: never mind, I must have been seeing things.

CN3089
February 27th, 2009, 02:14 PM
cn got pwned

Valve only punished people who unlocked all their achievements, I only unlocked the milestones http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Emoticons/emot-woop.gif

itszutak
March 3rd, 2009, 06:08 PM
I think there is a stat reset button somewhere. I think I saw one once.

e: never mind, I must have been seeing things.
It used to exist. Then they removed it and put the stats on a Steam server instead.

English Mobster
March 4th, 2009, 05:07 PM
I was wondering how the hell people had all the Scout unlocks a few hours after the update rolled out...
I barely have 3! :shakefist:

Pooky
March 5th, 2009, 12:00 PM
Just waiting for the 'you will be banned completely from tf2 for one week' to come around.

p0lar_bear
March 5th, 2009, 01:12 PM
Just waiting for the 'you will be banned completely from tf2 for one week' to come around.

This. More hopefully a Steam/VAC ban. Better would be a complete and total ban of unlockable weapons. On all classes. Past and future. :pwn:

So guys, if I unlock my weapons immediately I lose them for a week. onoz I so scared :saddowns:

Come on, Valve, grow a pair.

Bastinka
March 5th, 2009, 04:36 PM
You shouldn't get vac banned for using an exploit, thats completely absurd.

Rather yet stripped of all achievements.
The remove your unlockables for a week though, but thats it. It's pretty fair I guess seeing as I play without any unlockables.

Limited
March 5th, 2009, 04:58 PM
Wait, so people who cheated to get all the achievements, only get them taken away for 1 week, after that week they are reinstated?

Whats the point in that, they should be blocked for longer than a week.

CN3089
March 5th, 2009, 05:37 PM
This. More hopefully a Steam/VAC ban. Better would be a complete and total ban of unlockable weapons. On all classes. Past and future. :pwn:

So guys, if I unlock my weapons immediately I lose them for a week. onoz I so scared :saddowns:

Come on, Valve, grow a pair.

Wait, so people who cheated to get all the achievements, only get them taken away for 1 week, after that week they are reinstated?

Whats the point in that, they should be blocked for longer than a week.

oh no, some people don't want to grind for their unlockable weapons because it's not a fucking mmo bawwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

p0lar_bear
March 5th, 2009, 11:10 PM
oh no, some people don't want to grind for their unlockable weapons because it's not a fucking mmo bawwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

or you could just play normally and unlock the achievements that way

:raise:

You shouldn't get vac banned for using an exploit, thats completely absurd.

If I read that blog post correctly, people were using achievement unlocker apps to just skip everything and get the items just for the sake of having them. Maybe a VAC ban is too harsh, but just relocking all of the scout weapons for one week once you've been found out is hardly a penalty.

n00b1n8R
March 5th, 2009, 11:12 PM
Hypocrisy?
In my CN?

no shit

CN3089
March 5th, 2009, 11:13 PM
:raise:

I unlocked the weapons, not the achievements, hth