PDA

View Full Version : how did you get your name? (Username i mean)

Hurrvish
March 27th, 2007, 08:42 AM
^ read the title

rossmum
March 27th, 2007, 08:46 AM
In-joke with friends from school, posted it so many times that most of the people I know here probably know the story backwards :|

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ
March 27th, 2007, 08:47 AM
I think mine was an idea from an old game I used to play, I don't remember.

Chief117
March 27th, 2007, 08:49 AM
I was thinking of Master Chief(how original), and just put Chief and added 117. Apparent at bungie.net no one ever thought of the username so yay for me! As for Gears I was thinking of Gears Of War.

itszutak
March 27th, 2007, 09:50 AM
Thought it up one day. Googled it, saw no results; so I used it. <_<

Con
March 27th, 2007, 09:56 AM
Con's Cars

http://conscars.vze.com/

http://nfscars.net/forum/member.php?u=85

Been a while since I've played that game.

Pooky
March 27th, 2007, 10:12 AM
FriedMetroid came from the Planet Zebeth (http://zebeth.com/planetzebeth/index.html) comic strip, where they do infact eat fried Metroids, among other things. I had some good times with that community, but I lost my interest in such comics long ago.

The Pooky name I use in Halo was just something my boyfriend came up with, as I wasn't using FriedMetroid. It's too long for Halo.

Rob Oplawar
March 27th, 2007, 10:51 AM
Rob Oplawar... wouldn't you like to know? ;)

Love De Lux
March 27th, 2007, 01:46 PM
It's the name of a music band (electro/house music).
(http://www.love-de-luxe.com/)

InnerGoat
March 27th, 2007, 01:50 PM
rec0.

Pred1ator
March 27th, 2007, 01:57 PM
I got mine from the Movies.....

Masterz1337
March 27th, 2007, 02:38 PM
My old school was the Masters school, and I was the best HPC player there, so, Mastershalo1337, which got cut into Masters1337, then M4573R51337 when I lost my old screename password, then Masterz1337 after I finaly stopped getting banned from GBX by hippygoth.

Sunray
March 27th, 2007, 02:58 PM
Sunray is radio/comms VP for a local commander. For instance if a soldier wanted to speak to a platoon commander he would say "Hello [insert callsign] this is [insert callsign]. Where is sunray?" I first learned of it when doing a cadet signaller's course and is sort of grew on me.

Emmzee
March 27th, 2007, 03:49 PM
My friend and I pulled letters out of a hat like 10 years ago. It was a codename for something stupid.

Boba
March 27th, 2007, 04:13 PM
I hated Star Wars.

n00b1n8R
March 27th, 2007, 04:19 PM
i was running around as sparks for a while but one day decided "well fuck this, i need a new name"

it's a conjunction of terminator and n00b and used to be spelt "n00binator" until i joined a clan and it didn't fit so i changed it to "n00b1n8R".

"one who terminates n00bs"

Xehsin
March 27th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Ah, mine is my real name scrambled up with an X in it. The idea is from Kingdom Hearts (a video game). Take the X away and unscramble it, and you'll find my real name. +rep to whoever figures out my real name :p

someone
March 27th, 2007, 04:44 PM
My nickname is someone. Why? Because I wanted a nickname that is simple and unknown. I am someone and I am unknown :P

Hotrod
March 27th, 2007, 05:08 PM
Ah, mine is my real name scrambled up with an X in it. The idea is from Kingdom Hearts (a video game). Take the X away and unscramble it, and you'll find my real name. +rep to whoever figures out my real name :p

Is it Shein? And i got my username a very long time ago by my friend who just called me Hotrod once.

Kalub
March 27th, 2007, 05:16 PM
Thats mah name.

Kalub™:n.(Kay-lub) See: BioCroc

DECOY
March 27th, 2007, 05:18 PM
I am in fact a small wooden duck.......

Xegrot
March 27th, 2007, 05:22 PM
... wooden ducks are cool.

I don't know where my name came from. I guess I just looked at the Xerox paper box, took out the last x and put a G after the E and a T after the O. I thought it sounded cool. (Pronounced Zeeg-rot. Duh.) People would always pronounce it X-egrot or Zerrgot. I hated that...

Dole
March 27th, 2007, 05:39 PM
Dole is my samoyed's name. He died three years ago, and now my universal alias is his memorial.

The Pooky name I use in Halo was just something my boyfriend came up with, as I wasn't using FriedMetroid. It's too long for Halo.
If you're not a girl, get off my interwebz.

SnaFuBAR
March 27th, 2007, 05:51 PM
i got mine from my buddies. we would have "guys night in" with pizza, movies, games, etc. just play first person shooters on the consoles all night. we would have "bitch rounds". basically 3 vs 1. whoever was slowest to switch to a certain team was basically the bitch.

so i started running for the sniper immediately in every fps we played. i managed to get a 52-0 kill-death ratio. they would say snafu and fubar and sol whenever i picked up a sniper. so my user became SnaFuBARsol, then shortened it to SnaFuBAR.

Xehsin
March 27th, 2007, 07:09 PM
shine?

Bingo, close one Hotrod, +rep for both of u :)

Leiukemia
March 27th, 2007, 07:12 PM
Used to spell it right as leukemia, as a cold heartless joke on halo. I then realized it was kind of wrong. But I absolutely loved the way the word looks. So I purposely changed it to Leiukemia, which I think looks even better. Now it's not quite referring to the disease. I prefer to think of it as my own word, that looks awesome.

Mr Buckshot
March 27th, 2007, 08:22 PM
During a split screen match on N64 for GE007 and PD1, I owned a lot with the shotgun (and I still do in many games), hence my name.

Dole
March 27th, 2007, 08:42 PM
Bingo, close one Hotrod, +rep for both of u :)
I can't even imagine what kids called you in grammar school. :(

Pooky
March 27th, 2007, 08:42 PM
If you're not a girl, get off my interwebz.

No I am not, also

Get the fuck out. NOW.

Pred1ator
March 27th, 2007, 08:44 PM
fried metriod, i mean no harm but...

do you like boys? cause u said u had a boyfriend...

Hotrod
March 27th, 2007, 08:46 PM
I think the answer to that is obvious.

TeeKup
March 27th, 2007, 08:47 PM
Guess what. Not everyone on earth is straight. Deal with it and grow up.

legionaire45
March 27th, 2007, 08:56 PM
I got my name when the man making PVC downstairs went away and I realized I must have had brain damage choosing "lampshade" as a name.

Actually, Lampshade had its origins in two parts. First, it was a parody on "Shade," which is usually the gamertag chosen by emogoths when they play games. Also, one day I went onto a random word generator and some twat had spelt lamp shade as 1 word. I found it odd and since I was looking for a Gamertag I went ahead and used it.

Legionaire45 came about when I got my first account stolen on Rapescape. I needed a new name and in a fit of range from losing a character with level 50 mining I tapped out legionaire, which sounded awesome and I was going to start using it anyway along with the last 2 letters of my original account. therefore, Legionaire + 45. When some prick takes my name on something I usually throw another 5 on the end.

I_Am_Error117
March 27th, 2007, 08:59 PM
See Sig.

Teroh
March 28th, 2007, 12:24 AM
http://images.google.com/images?svnum=10&um=1&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=major+teroh&btnG=Search+Images

Mr Buckshot
March 28th, 2007, 01:14 AM
Homophobic narrow minded bullshit enough for you?

It's ok, I have nothing against homosexuals, in fact I think one of my old female friends from California is lesbian and I still enjoy talking to her. Sometimes, I do make jokes or snide remarks with words like "fag" and "gaylord" and stuff, but if I do, please don't feel offended.

Of course, I don't believe you're gay. A lot of straight people use the term bf or gf even for the same sex.

Xetsuei
March 28th, 2007, 01:58 AM
The name was originally Zetsuei, from an anime show called S-cry-ed. But I changed the Z to an X.

Atty
March 28th, 2007, 02:10 AM
My girlfriend screamed it one night, it just sorta stuck.

n00b1n8R
March 28th, 2007, 02:29 AM
atticus or atty?
and was it a scream of :hump: or a scream of :mad:

mR_r0b0to
March 28th, 2007, 02:32 AM
first, i chose snes1337, cause the snes was and is the only console i own.
then, once upon a time, that styx song got stuck in my head for a couple of days, so i was like, what the hell.

Atty
March 28th, 2007, 02:35 AM
atticus or atty?
and was it a scream of :hump:

Atticus and...yeah. :eyesroll:

Bodzilla
March 28th, 2007, 03:22 AM
a weenie that used to live nxt door to me one day just called me Bodzilla for some reason... so i just started useing it.

however when i started playing halo Having BodZilla and a clan tag on my name was a bit too long so i just Became Zilla.
then i learnt Profile hacking and got some sxc characters... then some ppl Mistook the L's in my profile for Z's and i became Zizza

so i'm either Bodzilla
Zilla or
Zizza :P

i still dont know which name i prefer lol xD Zizza Is a bit more original tho :)

rossmum
March 28th, 2007, 03:33 AM
Of course, I don't believe you're gay. A lot of straight people use the term bf or gf even for the same sex.
No, he is.

Also, I have nothing better to do, so:

Was at my friend Mills's 15th (I think?) and he was setting RF2 profiles up for us all to get all the unlocks beforehand. He was naming them all and decided to call mine "Ross's Mum" for laughs, but alas the 8-character limit got in the way of his plans... so he just shortened it to rossmum. It was unique, it stuck, and it was something that people would remember easily because it made absolutely no fucking sense to them whatsoever. So I kept it, and got my HM account name changed from Hunter to rossmum. I've used it for just about everything ever since.

Leiukemia
March 28th, 2007, 03:44 AM
It's a good thing I don't use the name my cousin puts on when we play xbox games. Douglass just doesn't go over well.

Timo
March 28th, 2007, 04:51 AM
Timo11 sounded retarded.

Reaper Man
March 28th, 2007, 05:00 AM
From a book. Reaper Man by Terry Pratchett. I used it, and it stuck.

thehoodedsmack
March 28th, 2007, 07:11 AM
I stole mine. The original creator wasn't gonna use it anyway.

Edward Elrich
March 28th, 2007, 11:20 AM
I tried a bunch of random names from anime series, and then chose "Edward Elrich" (which should really be "Edward Elric") and ended up misspelling it.

Rob Oplawar
March 28th, 2007, 12:37 PM
Way back in the olden days when my brother and I played Neverwinter Nights all the time, he made a new character and randomly generated a name. The last name was Oplawar, and he thought it would be funnier if he made his first name Bob. When we first read it we missed the "W", so we pronounced it Oh-plar, and it stuck. Bob Oplawar then became a common name for us, and took on a personality of his own. Bob is short for Robert, and when I took on the name it became Rob.

But this is important: Oh-plar. Two syllables. The "W" is silent. Now you know.

Arteen
March 28th, 2007, 12:39 PM
Arteen is an obscure name and I liked the sound of it. I occasionally add Esben to the end for uniqueness. Esben is a Scandinavian name meaning "God" or "God Bear."

Limited
March 28th, 2007, 04:13 PM
Needed a name ages ago for some linkin park thing, back in 03 :P

Jonathon thought of the name he was gonna use it but i stole it from he muahha im a bastard i know.

It was "Limited Edition" though.

Fried, are you a giver or a taker? :P

BobtheGreatII
March 28th, 2007, 05:40 PM
I got mine because I was sick of people just using "Bob" or "Bobby" or anything else. So. I dubbed myself BobtheGreatII. Why no spaces?... Not entirely sure. :lol: Also if you see me on halo I'm BobtheGreat... I can't fit II in :mad:

Bodzilla
March 29th, 2007, 02:09 AM
lol some ppls names in this thread now make sense.
such as conscars, I've been pronouncing is con-Scars since i joined ce lol xD

Leiukemia
March 29th, 2007, 02:52 AM
lol some ppls names in this thread now make sense.
such as conscars, I've been pronouncing is con-Scars since i joined ce lol xD

Hey me too. But I shall continue con-scars cause it sounds cooler :P

Btd69
March 29th, 2007, 04:42 PM
I lol because not everyong knows what btd stands for, or why the hell I added 69, but hey, btd69r looks bad :D

IPBJT!
March 29th, 2007, 04:50 PM
My avatar say it all.

Neuro Guro
March 29th, 2007, 05:11 PM
Once upon a time , I was taking a mean shit right?

Well when i got up the turds were like in the shape of the word "NeuroKoNeza"

So thats how I got my name.

DaneO'Roo
March 30th, 2007, 04:45 AM
I hated Star Wars.

LOL

Mines just my name Dane, with an "O" on the end, started by my girlfriend calling me Dano before she started going out with me.

It's pronounced "Dayno" not "DAN-NO" like people think it is. DAYNO is how its pronounced k?

k.

not Dwayne, not Dan, not Daniel. Only cool people can call me by my real name.

Emmzee
March 30th, 2007, 08:28 AM
I'm trying to change my username because about a million people have stolen it between 2002 and now!

Pooky
March 30th, 2007, 03:22 PM
LOL

Mines just my name Dane, with an "O" on the end, started by my girlfriend calling me Dano before she started going out with me.

It's pronounced "Dayno" not "DAN-NO" like people think it is. DAYNO is how its pronounced k?

k.

not Dwayne, not Dan, not Daniel. Only cool people can call me by my real name.

I'll keep calling you Dane just because Dano sounds wierd to me.

AAA
March 30th, 2007, 03:27 PM
Actually, One day I was playing a PS2 Yu-Gi-Oh game and it would only allow 3 letters, so I decided since I was making a new game and I wanted to play so badly, I just typed in AAA and played, ever since then....it became somewhat of a habit

for the name Snyper? I was beta testing for Ender on Hotzone and they said I neded a new username so I wouldn't be regognized as a leaker anymore (Since I stopped) So, I changed to Snyper....and about a couple months after I decided to add just a tad bit bit of jazz to it and it became &#167;nyper

btw, nice long piece of shit.

Emmzee
March 30th, 2007, 10:05 PM
You guys are mad weird.

Hotrod
March 30th, 2007, 10:12 PM
I agree. Can we stop talking about crap and get back on to topic please?

m13120
April 9th, 2007, 08:36 AM
Once upon a time , I was taking a mean shit right?

Well when i got up the turds were like in the shape of the word "NeuroKoNeza"

So thats how I got my name.

:XD:

When I was still an idiot kid and didn't know anything about the computer, I asked my brother to make me a screen name for AOL Instant Messenger, and he came up with this :eyesroll:

Rosco
April 9th, 2007, 09:13 AM
Got mine from when I used to play soccer, Ross is too short to shout so they added on co and removed one S :)

OmegaDragon
April 9th, 2007, 02:46 PM
Ive been using this name for more than 6 years. The Omega was from the Omega Weapon boss in FF8, since weapon didn't sound right, I decided on Dragon. Hence Omega Dragon, only that I never use the space. And when some bastard has already chosen the name, put a seven at the end.

Thus getting OmegaDragon :D

Saggy
April 9th, 2007, 02:53 PM
Freshman years, taking a shower after gym class. 'Nuff said...

Kornman00
April 9th, 2007, 03:20 PM
by poopin mah pants

Eco_Êâĝłê™
April 9th, 2007, 04:12 PM
Uh, i used to play halo alot and make loud ecoeing sound with my sniper so they named me Eco Eagle casue i usually pick people off sort of like what eagles do to smal prey.

Elite Killa
April 9th, 2007, 04:14 PM
I just felt like it...

dg
April 9th, 2007, 05:05 PM
First letter stands for my first name. The second stands for my last name. The 945 part came from one of those "That is name is taken, may we suggest..." things on Hotmail when I was 8. Needless to say, it stuck.

~dg945~

PlasbianX
April 9th, 2007, 05:10 PM
Plas = Puddle in Dutch
PlasX = Piss Sex in dutch
Plasbian = plaid wearing lesbian on urbandictionary

how i got the name, no clue.

SnaFuBAR
April 9th, 2007, 06:06 PM
P-lesbian

:snicker:

PlasbianX
April 9th, 2007, 06:12 PM
Heard that SOOOOO many times ingame :P

Random
April 9th, 2007, 06:16 PM
I was Randominsanity, but that felt too immature for my likings and it was a mouthful to say, so I shortened it to Random.

Spnkr
April 9th, 2007, 07:06 PM
My first online username was Azgolar, a misspelt demon name from WarCraft :D . After that, I took on d3v1lish, and now I have chosen spnkr.

Which is the Halo rocket launcher. Duh.

LlamaMaster
April 9th, 2007, 09:58 PM
LamaMaster of course came off of llamaboy772. Llamaboy772 was inspired by my love and llamas, and the fact Carl in Jimmy Neutron (I can't believe I used to watch that crap) said the word "llamaboy". I have no idea what the 772 is for.

Cortexian
April 10th, 2007, 08:28 AM
Freelancer (http://www.microsoft.com/games/freelancer/)

Xero - Stole off my cousin after he stop using it on Perfect Dark.

Syuusuke
April 10th, 2007, 09:26 AM
Prince of Tennis

Metkil5685
April 10th, 2007, 10:55 AM
3 Years ago, when I was finally able to sign up for the Nintendo forms without the parent thingy ma bob, I wanted a name that had to do with metroid. First it started out as metroid_killer45. I thought it was too long. Mixed it up, thus came Metkil. I have no idea where I got the numbers from. Wait...Yes I do. Username was too short, so I typed random numbers. It has just stuck since then.

PlasbianX
April 10th, 2007, 05:43 PM
Prince of Tennis

Shitty show.

Bad Waffle
April 10th, 2007, 05:51 PM
i got mine from halo PC, it would be laggy in a server but i would be the only one getting kills (i used to rape at PC, one of the best players for two years because i knew how to lead right). People just started saying they were killed by a wave of lag, and then i took the name.

LlamaMaster
April 10th, 2007, 05:56 PM
Shitty show.
I agree, and I've never watched it.

Jelly
April 11th, 2007, 10:05 AM
kum

mech
April 11th, 2007, 10:23 AM
i got mine from halo PC, it would be laggy in a server but i would be the only one getting kills (i used to rape at PC, one of the best players for two years because i knew how to lead right). People just started saying they were killed by a wave of lag, and then i took the name.

What clan? Best players don't go unknown, or is that a personal thought?

rossmum
April 13th, 2007, 01:20 PM
What clan? Best players don't go unknown, or is that a personal thought?
Best players also aren't obligated by law to join a clan. Hell, if I was the best damn player on the planet, I wouldn't. I'd rather freelance, in Halo at least.

Patrickssj6
April 13th, 2007, 02:06 PM
I have this SN since I was 8 years old...batch programming in a village with a population of 1080 people and 56k modem that worked only 50%...

At that time I was addicted to DBZ and this was FanFiction:

http://efk3.xtrinal.net/pic/ssj6goku.jpg

Pooky
April 13th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Best players also aren't obligated by law to join a clan. Hell, if I was the best damn player on the planet, I wouldn't. I'd rather freelance, in Halo at least.

Yeah, so stfu mech. I was one of the best players in Halo PC and clans kissed my ass.

Hotrod
April 13th, 2007, 07:26 PM
...a village with a population of 1080 people and 56k modem that

You obviously live in the same town as me, right? Except now I have high speed.

Varmint260
April 13th, 2007, 07:54 PM
My dad called me Varmint Critter all the time until I was in the double digits. Not sure why, but I figured Varmint would be an awesome and rather ironic name: my dad essentially gave me the name I use as an alias on the internet, and until last year he was one of the least computer-literate people I knew. That and I have little creativity in me. You know, spur-o'-the-moment sort of thing.

Patrickssj6
April 13th, 2007, 10:16 PM
You obviously live in the same town as me, right? Except now I have high speed.
http://www.godelheim.de/daten/content-Dateien/bildergalerie/allgemeines/impressionen/sep_2006_05.jpg
I mean WHY???I like it here in NY now...

bleach
April 13th, 2007, 10:22 PM
that awesome cool jap anime Bleach ^^! W()()7!!!!

Pooky
April 13th, 2007, 11:16 PM
Why would you watch something called Bleach...

If I want to see Bleach I can go look on top of my dryer

BobtheGreatII
April 13th, 2007, 11:20 PM
Why would you watch something called Bleach...

If I want to see Bleach I can go look on top of my dryer

Cause Bleach freiken owns. Period.

HDoan
April 14th, 2007, 12:36 AM
Gundam seed destiny ftw!

New001
April 14th, 2007, 01:04 AM
omg. isn't that the anime bleach, i watch it. Its cool.
My username is what it appears like.

Xetsuei
April 14th, 2007, 01:33 AM
Anime sucks.

Dole
April 14th, 2007, 01:29 PM
That is true.

n00b1n8R
April 14th, 2007, 06:25 PM
indeed it is cramer ;)

[FBI]Shadow
April 18th, 2007, 07:59 AM