PDA

View Full Version : Do we have a mobile version of the forums?

Atty
March 1st, 2009, 05:56 PM
I want to lurk with my BBerry from class;

English Mobster
March 1st, 2009, 07:23 PM
I tried doing that once; I don't think there is.

Gwunty
March 1st, 2009, 09:20 PM
no, and the regular site lags like hell on anything mobile.

Huero
March 2nd, 2009, 12:41 AM
not an iphone :)

Atty
March 2nd, 2009, 01:06 AM
Haven't checked the real thing from my bberry, let's do a test run hurr

Atty
March 2nd, 2009, 01:10 AM
OH WHAT THE FUCK I LOAD THE FORUMS FROM MY BLACKBERRY FOR THE FIRST TIME AND THE FORUM TITLE IS

YOU'LL GROW INTO IT

POASTED ALL OVE RTHE TOP MY SCREEN

HOW DID IT KNOW IT WAS ME?!

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

Mr Buckshot
March 2nd, 2009, 01:44 AM
Don't you have an iPod touch iirc from the purchase of a macbook pro? It has better internet than the blackberry.

Reaper Man
March 2nd, 2009, 08:43 AM
Don't you have an iPod touch iirc from the purchase of a macbook pro? It has better internet than the blackberry.
Even if he does, this is about his Blackberry, not his iPod Touch. :eng101:

Atty
March 2nd, 2009, 11:14 AM
Don't you have an iPod touch iirc from the purchase of a macbook pro? It has better internet than the blackberry.Yes, I do, but it's a Touch, aka no phone service.

I'm not going to carry around two devices that both do the same thing with the exception that one makes calls and one doesn't, I'm going to keep my Blackberry on me at all times because I can make calls, use most any useful app I'd have with my iTouch, and have access to the internet anywhere on a powerful 3G network. No point in carrying around the touch and hoping for WiFi wherever I am.

TheGhost
March 2nd, 2009, 11:41 AM
I use my iPhone and the forums work really well on them, so I haven't thought much about a mobile version.

We could look into getting a skin for mobile users and then automatically applying it via Javascript or whatever. We're slightly understaffed on the admin end right now though.

Atty
March 2nd, 2009, 12:08 PM
yeah do that.

p0lar_bear
March 2nd, 2009, 04:22 PM
I was considering making a WAP/Mobile skin for the forums at one point, though I wanted to add more functionality before I did something like that.

It's really a matter of figuring out telling which javascripts to fuck off and making the skin show everything a bit more streamlined-like on smaller screens, at least, for the mobile skin.

A WAP mod would be a complete overhaul of like, everything. :v:

TheGhost
March 2nd, 2009, 04:39 PM
Yeah, vB doesn't really use very good HTML/CSS

Table layout :suicide:

paladin
March 6th, 2009, 08:26 PM
The forum loads almost as fast as my desktop on my Voyager