PDA

View Full Version : [APP] rec0's Devicator Server App for Halo CE 1.08

Pages : [1] 2

StankBacon
March 2nd, 2009, 01:14 AM
First things first…

1. SAPP is included with this release. It MUST be used in order to get full functionality out of the app. Be sure to include "load" in your init.txt file to ensure SAPP is loaded on server start.

2. Logging MUST be enabled on the server for Devicator to work. Edit your init.txt to include “sv_log_enabled 1”.

3. Using sv_say in rcon or the app's /e command will cause the server to crash instantly. Use say “x” (where x is your message) if you want to broadcast a message.

4. Running is app is no doubt against the Terms of Service of GameServers or any other hosting company. DO NOT BLAME US if you somehow get busted and your server gets terminated.

Now we have that out of the way…

Below are the instructions for the installation and configuration of rec0’s Devicator. Inside the RAR file of the release are two folders: “home server” and “gameservers”. Extract the folder to your computer you that is applicable to your setup. DO NOT UPLOAD YET.

THE FOLLOWING STEP IS OPTIONAL
Minimal hex editing is required in the next step. If you feel uncomfortable performing the following actions, OR if you do not care about the server’s name when you use the /stunts and /restore commands, you can optionally skip this step. If you use the commands, however, you will have to manually set the server’s name through rcon with sv_name or the app’s /svname command.

To set up the server names, you will need a hex editor. For this example, Tiny Hexer will be used. Tiny Hexer is freeware and is simple to use. It can be downloaded here (http://www.softpedia.com/get/Others/Miscellaneous/tiny-hexer.shtml).

Launch Tiny Hexer and open "haloceded_extended.exe". Scroll down until you reach offset 0xE140 (see picture below). This will set the name of the server when the “/stunts” command is executed. Repeat the same procedure at offset 0xE170 for the “/restore” name.

IMPORTANT NOTE: You MUST highlight each letter and replace it with your own. The total length of the “/stunts” name cannot exceed 21 characters. The total length of the “/restore” name cannot exceed 35 characters.

http://files.h2vista.net/apps/Devicator/devicator_hex.jpg
Click to enlarge.

THE FOLLOWING STEP IS MANDATORY
The next step involves editing Devicator’s database file. You will need Microsoft Access (or a free alternative called mdbviewer) to perform the editing.

The database is located in the _d folder and is called “_d.mdb”. Open the database with Microsoft Access and double click on the “players” table. Fill in the columns “names” and “cdkey” with your own information. The “names” column is your nickname in Halo, and the cdkey column is your CD key’s hash used for administrator identification. Set an admin level of 10 for yourself.

NOTE: Admin levels range from 1 through 10. Admin levels have very similar privileges, but the biggest difference is that a lower admin level cannot promote themselves or another to a higher admin level. Also, a “10” cannot “/a” another higher than 7. The database will need to be manually edited for that.

http://files.h2vista.net/apps/Devicator/devicator_mdb.jpg
Click to enlarge.

INSTALLATION (UPLOADING)
Now with the configuration complete, all that is left to do is to upload it. The Halo server MUST be closed down before files are uploaded, so shut it down now.

Upload the contents of the folder you extracted earlier into the same directory as haloceded.exe. Be sure to backup any files that are going to be overwritten in case you want to remove Devicator in the future.

Edit your init.txt to include the required “load” and “sv_log_enabled 1” commands now if you haven’t done so already. It should look similar to the one below:

sv_name "Modacity Game Server - www.modacity.net"
sv_public 1
sv_motd motd.txt
sv_maxplayers 16
sv_password
sv_rcon_password RCONPASS
sv_mapcycle_timeout 10
sv_log_enabled 1
load

SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR HOME SERVERS: If you are using the "home server" folder, Devicator will NOT start automatically. You will need to manually launch it by executing haloceded_extended.exe.

Once you are sure everything is set, you may start the server and enjoy using rec0’s Devicator!

The Devicator commands are detailed HERE (http://www.hivclan.net/rec0sapp.htm). Be sure to carefully read over and understand the commands fully before use. If used incorrectly, the server can crash.

DOWNLOAD

By downloading and using rec0’s Devicator, you agree to the following:

- The application is only authorized for use on Halo CE 1.08. You must update your game to play on the server. Running Devicator on any other versions of Halo is strictly against this agreement.

- The application cannot be sold for profit or sold bundled with anything for any monetary amount.

- This application is offered without any guarantee of reliability. If it causes instability of your server or your operating system, we cannot be held responsible for any data loss or hardware damage.

- We are not in any way responsible for any issues you may experience, legal or technical, with the application.

- Any server found to be running Devicator in violation of this agreement will be terminated.

- These terms in this agreement can be updated at any time without notice.

Download: http://files.h2vista.net/apps/Devicator/rec0_Devicator_HaloCE_108.rar

All credit goes to rec0 for the Devicator; Termy for SAPP. Thank you for your contributions to the Halo CE community!

See also: Server Error Restarter (http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?22464-APP-Server-Error-Restarter-for-Rec0-s-Devicator.)
(Post updated and re-written by jcap 4/17/2009)

Cortexian
March 2nd, 2009, 01:16 AM
Well... This was an unexpected turn of events...

Kaishounashi
March 2nd, 2009, 01:31 AM
wow, interesting indeed.

thank you for the release, it should prove interesting to examine the files and play around with the app even this late in the game's lifecycle

n00b1n8R
March 2nd, 2009, 01:34 AM
No idea why it took so long, good to see it's finally public. :awesome:

PS: move to release

StankBacon
March 2nd, 2009, 01:35 AM
enjoy guys.

also, i put it here because i wasn't sure if the release forum needed to be admin verified or whatever.

FluffyDucky™
March 2nd, 2009, 02:01 AM
Lmao! Yeah.. I don't know what to say. :)

Cortexian
March 2nd, 2009, 03:05 AM
On the Lancers Edge already, configured, tested, and ready to abuse go!

supersniper
March 2nd, 2009, 04:05 AM
Wow ok I really did not expect this.
Wow it was fun abusing using the app on your server Freelancer.

Now what are the difference's in admin levels?

StankBacon
March 2nd, 2009, 06:11 AM
nothing in terms of abilities, only a 8 -10 can give or take admin, and a 1 cannot kick a 2, and so on.

also a note, if you want to run this on a home dedi, you do not need to change or alter the strings files... you'll just need to run the dedi and the app separately. (open dedi, open app right after)

Sel
March 2nd, 2009, 06:40 AM
Didn't see this coming :v:

Also rec0 go make a tf2 server app.

Syuusuke
March 2nd, 2009, 07:01 AM
Thanks rec0.

But it came out a little bit too late.

InnerGoat
March 2nd, 2009, 07:38 AM
ty rec0!

Aßyll
March 2nd, 2009, 09:25 AM
wow. Thank you!

Con
March 2nd, 2009, 10:51 AM
I thought I'd never see the day...

Donut
March 2nd, 2009, 12:59 PM
lol commands
/hitler - kills everyone

can this be used for a lan game? and is it possible to set new admins?

NullZero
March 2nd, 2009, 01:00 PM
:O

StankBacon
March 2nd, 2009, 01:18 PM
lol commands
/hitler - kills everyone

can this be used for a lan game?

and is it possible to set new admins?

it will work on a home dedi ... wont work if you start a game from within ce tho.

and to set new admins when they are ingame... just type /a namehere 1

namehere being the name or shortcut of the person, and 1 being the admin level.. anything from 1 to 10.

Rook
March 2nd, 2009, 02:22 PM
Some things you should edit, /e does not crash the server for whatever reason, and an alternate to Microsoft Access is a free program called MDB Viewer. I used that prior to getting Access.

ultama121
March 2nd, 2009, 02:24 PM
Very very cool. I was expecting some sort of prank link when I opened the thread. :v:

StankBacon
March 2nd, 2009, 02:25 PM
Some things you should edit, /e does not crash the server for whatever reason

i said if you use the /e command to do /e sv_say blah it will crash the server.

Rook
March 2nd, 2009, 02:27 PM
i said if you use the /e command to do /e sv_say blah it will crash the server.
Oh, that'd be the same as if you went into rcon manually though. o__o

Shouldn't you have left the db of names? Doesn't matter since I already have em but it might be useful for others.

STLRamsFan
March 2nd, 2009, 02:49 PM
I actually still have the HCEL database on here. It has all the extra mapshortcuts, HCEL admins (course I can quickly fix that), and lastly all the teleports (good ol' yoyorast moon is still there :)). If anyone's interested, let me know and I'll hook you up. Once I get off work I'll post a list of what I got.

Rook
March 2nd, 2009, 02:53 PM
^ Hah I had the same thing in mind then came and saw that post.

http://files.filefront.com/dmdb/;13399101;/fileinfo.html 12,000 some unique entries.

Make sure you change the admins on that list to 0 if you don't want them to have it in your server, or whatever.

Cortexian
March 2nd, 2009, 03:15 PM
Why would you want to use the pre-built list on a different server? You don't get the "unique player" messages or the ability to track total players that have actually played on YOUR server! The only advantage is that you know practically everyone's usernames and altnames... I guess it's a trade off.

Advancebo
March 2nd, 2009, 03:54 PM
So what does this do exactly?

Cortexian
March 2nd, 2009, 05:47 PM
So what does this do exactly?
You're kidding right? It does everything, like what SAPP does, only better.

Sel
March 2nd, 2009, 05:51 PM
You're kidding right? It does everything, like what SAPP does, only better.

Uhh, it has more features than sapp, the ones it shares are done better through SAPP as they are much more stable.

Oh and chat command execution as opposed to rcon.

Limited
March 2nd, 2009, 06:00 PM
rec0 and 1.08 does not match.

Explain?

Cortexian
March 2nd, 2009, 06:38 PM
rec0 and 1.08 does not match.

Explain?
Does match now, that is all.

Limited
March 2nd, 2009, 07:05 PM
Last I heard rec0s app was being updated by Patrick but then he stopped.

As in incorporates SAPP either Termy is rec0, or termy has been dumped out of credit.

Cortexian
March 2nd, 2009, 07:16 PM

As in incorporates SAPP either Termy is rec0, or termy has been dumped out of credit.
Termy was dumped out of credit, but Bacon mentioned that SAPP is included.

Limited
March 2nd, 2009, 07:20 PM
Considering it wouldnt work at all without SAPP I'm thinking he should be given a big mention.

Sel
March 2nd, 2009, 07:24 PM
Considering it wouldnt work at all without SAPP I'm thinking he should be given a big mention.

Uhhh, pretty sure it does work without SAPP, there just wont be any sv_say happening.

Limited
March 2nd, 2009, 07:27 PM
Uhhh, pretty sure it does work without SAPP, there just wont be any sv_say happening.
On 1.08? Ha highly doubtful.

Sel
March 2nd, 2009, 07:42 PM

The HCEL server runs rec0's app and has no problem with executing app commands with sapp unloaded. There is just no confirmation of the command execution from the sv_say.

jables
March 2nd, 2009, 07:59 PM
big noob question, when you say you need acces to microsoft, what do you mean? i got the tiny hex part down, but with the admin editing in the _d i have no clue what to use, may you please explain what program i need to use.

jables
March 2nd, 2009, 08:01 PM
wait... nvm i am just an idiot. i know what i need now. the programs called microsoft access. lol oops.

Rook
March 2nd, 2009, 08:41 PM
Yeah it's been like that for a while... if you don't type (rcon here) load it'll run fine without sapp, it just won't have any text output.

jables
March 2nd, 2009, 09:31 PM
i am having a lot of trouble getting this to work. i have no clue where i went wrong.

Rook
March 2nd, 2009, 09:43 PM
You have xfire jables? I could try to help you through it.

jables
March 2nd, 2009, 09:52 PM
yes i do, spartan2807

Cortexian
March 2nd, 2009, 11:34 PM
I know that Rook is helping you out Jables, because he asked me to help him help you... But to get to the point, Rec0's app is fairly unstable and can cause more headaches than it's worth if you don't REALLY know what you're doing. This is just a word of warning, in case you get fed up, don't think that you're at fault, it's a VERY picky app.

StankBacon
March 2nd, 2009, 11:55 PM

it doesn't NEED sapp to work..

the only thing the app uses sapp for is outputting server messages like welcome and vehicles spawned.

it wouldn't need sapp at all if you ever looked at your pms and helped get it fixed >.>

Limited
March 3rd, 2009, 04:58 AM
it wouldn't need sapp at all if you ever looked at your pms and helped get it fixed >.>
I read that pm and wanted to help but I've been swamped with uni work =\.

n00b1n8R
March 3rd, 2009, 05:46 AM
Are you uploading this to halomaps?

StankBacon
March 3rd, 2009, 06:03 AM
already did, LOL.

Sel
March 3rd, 2009, 06:52 AM
FUCK CE :D :D :D

servers gonna be crashin left right an center heh

Cortexian
March 3rd, 2009, 07:11 AM
FUCK CE :D :D :D

servers gonna be crashin left right an center heh
Yea, app raped my gameservers server I think... Process was still running in the bg so I couldn't stop or restart the server, but the server wasn't actually running... And I couldn't change any FTP files... lmao... Will be more careful now... lol

StankBacon
March 3rd, 2009, 08:32 AM
if the server crashes, you need to shut it down and wait a while before restarting.

TeeKup
March 3rd, 2009, 08:41 AM
God help us...

Cortexian
March 3rd, 2009, 09:00 AM
if the server crashes, you need to shut it down and wait a while before restarting.
An hour and a half isn't a long enough wait?

StankBacon
March 3rd, 2009, 09:13 AM
rofl, dunno what you did then...

jables
March 3rd, 2009, 04:43 PM
just wanted to say thanks for the release, and thanks to rook, and freelancer for helping rook, lol.

supersniper
March 3rd, 2009, 04:52 PM
Meh got this working, your right if you put the modifies strings in the app exceptions, but it works without it.

Side note: everytime you want to change the server name hex editing is a bitch.

Question? what commands exactly are to NOT be used?

Sel
March 3rd, 2009, 04:55 PM
They all work as far as I know, and are just as stable as they were in 1.07

supersniper
March 3rd, 2009, 05:05 PM
as long as SAPP is loaded though?
if it's unloaded?

Sel
March 3rd, 2009, 05:07 PM
Oh freelancer love how you went on and on about how I abused the app with the occasional /t * and /kill, and I'm in your server right now, and some dude named panda is /hitler ing non stop, and changing the speed to -20 every 3 minutes.

HEH

Cortexian
March 3rd, 2009, 07:42 PM
Oh freelancer love how you went on and on about how I abused the app with the occasional /t * and /kill, and I'm in your server right now, and some dude named panda is /hitler ing non stop, and changing the speed to -20 every 3 minutes.

HEH
Yea, Panda is a newbie to the app so I've let him get away with some abuse so far. I've instructed him to act more responsibly now.

jables
March 3rd, 2009, 10:28 PM
is it known for the app to just stop working and not be able to get it back up? i made backups just in case, but its not working to re upload any of it.

El Lobo
March 3rd, 2009, 11:50 PM
HIV onry.

StankBacon
March 4th, 2009, 04:47 PM
lol

[15:27] »f§«M@§†è®~SG~: dude ur thing is a ******* virus
[15:27] »f§«M@§†è®~SG~: i cna't even start halo
[15:27] »f§«M@§†è®~SG~: ce
[15:27] »f§«M@§†è®~SG~: nothing works
[15:27] »f§«M@§†è®~SG~: i even got rid of it and got the backups in and it STILL doesn't work

Sel
March 4th, 2009, 05:02 PM
why are you releasing viruses bacon :(

StankBacon
March 4th, 2009, 05:08 PM
i guess i should have put out 2 releases, one for gs dedis, and one for home dedis...

Cortexian
March 4th, 2009, 07:55 PM
is it known for the app to just stop working and not be able to get it back up? i made backups just in case, but its not working to re upload any of it.
Never had the app stop working on me before... Are you hosting a home dedi or a paid dedi?

InnerGoat
March 4th, 2009, 08:11 PM
lol

[15:27] »f§«M@§†è®~SG~: dude ur thing is a ******* virus
[15:27] »f§«M@§†è®~SG~: i cna't even start halo
[15:27] »f§«M@§†è®~SG~: ce
[15:27] »f§«M@§†è®~SG~: nothing works
[15:27] »f§«M@§†è®~SG~: i even got rid of it and got the backups in and it STILL doesn't work

Kid probably had a virus on the system beforehand...

*goes to crash servers with the app on them*

jables
March 4th, 2009, 08:30 PM
Never had the app stop working on me before... Are you hosting a home dedi or a paid dedi?
im on a gameservers paid.

supersniper
March 4th, 2009, 09:34 PM
Kid probably had a virus on the system beforehand...

*goes to crash servers with the app on them*You touch my server I will hunt you down and (idk i can't figure out what I should do)

InnerGoat
March 4th, 2009, 09:46 PM
I was kidding. It's not really crashing the server, more like breaking the app by using alt characters in the name.

:downs:

supersniper
March 4th, 2009, 10:24 PM
I knew you were kidding... ( i thought you'd get my sarcastic post...)

lol alt chars...

Sel
March 5th, 2009, 08:17 AM
I was kidding. It's not really crashing the server, more like breaking the app by using alt characters in the name.

:downs:

Tell me the alt code :downs:

sevlag
March 5th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Tell me the alt code :downs:kind of a funny thought..a complex app can be taken down by using ALT codes in your name...odd

Syuusuke
March 5th, 2009, 03:09 PM
I like my name, it makes the app not work on me. I'm immune!

Cortexian
March 5th, 2009, 03:54 PM
im on a gameservers paid.
I had the app lock up my gameservers box, had to get their support guys to reboot the entire box.

supersniper
March 5th, 2009, 04:13 PM
I like my name, it makes the app not work on me. I'm immune!Hmm just replace random alt characters with ?? and I bet it will work :p

Syuusuke
March 5th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Noooo

If you ever see me ingame, you'll know why.

You'll know what my name is.

Disaster
March 5th, 2009, 05:28 PM
Noooo

o_O

supersniper
March 5th, 2009, 10:23 PM
Noooo

Ooooh how does he dooo that...
*get back on the ship*
It's still a mysteryyy...

Cortexian
March 6th, 2009, 01:59 AM
I'm pretty sure it's possible, as long as the person administrating can tell how many characters are in your name.

However, if you use a blank name with the name hack tool, it's almost impossible to see how many characters there are... Oh shit, did I just say that out loud?

Sel
March 6th, 2009, 06:59 AM
I'm pretty sure it's possible, as long as the person administrating can tell how many characters are in your name.

No, it won't give a shit and won't detect that player.

On another note if that user is an admin they can not access the app commands and the admin message will appear after they have left the server.

StankBacon
March 6th, 2009, 10:34 AM
how about you guys stop discussing ways of crashing the app.

Limited
March 6th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Theres other ways of retrieving which player is which, it can be linked with cd hashs, kills, deaths, team etc.

So your saying the banning doesnt work with messed names? Cant you just ban it regular style?

StankBacon
March 6th, 2009, 11:31 AM
rcon always works :)

InnerGoat
March 6th, 2009, 11:36 AM

It's their servers, let them run into issues with the app :p

Aßyll
March 6th, 2009, 01:24 PM
no, a blank name IS recognized by the app - it's registered and added to the database.. you just can't do anything specifically to the player. you could only do it to every player, like /kill *. Maybe, though, you could catch their name and use /sc * "blank", if they're either the first or last player.

Sel
March 6th, 2009, 01:26 PM
no, a blank name IS recognized by the app - it's registered and added to the database.. you just can't do anything specifically to the player. you could only do it to every player, like /kill *. Maybe, though, you could catch their name and use /sc * "blank", if they're either the first or last player.

Blank names yes, we are also discussing one that is immune to app commands.

Syuusuke
March 6th, 2009, 02:40 PM
=)

I miss using speed and some teleports, oh well.

Cortexian
March 6th, 2009, 04:06 PM
But... That's no fun!

Been playing with rams and some older really cool dudes that know the ways of the app.

Beavis
March 6th, 2009, 08:54 PM
Veeerrry Interesting. I miss this game.

Cortexian
March 6th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Servers running the tool that I know of:
HCEL Server
Lancers Edge
Official Yoyorast Server Paris
Abyll's Zombie Server

supersniper
March 6th, 2009, 11:48 PM
mine...

tythespy
March 8th, 2009, 10:51 AM
now someone just gots to convert this to halo 1.08pc.

supersniper
March 8th, 2009, 11:23 AM
http://goemitar.wordpress.com/category/projects/imega/

tythespy just wait.

Sel
March 8th, 2009, 11:52 AM
Hasn't that shit been dead for like, ever?

Omega
March 8th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Hasn't that shit been dead for like, ever?

If you mean iMega, no.

supersniper
March 8th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Lol here let me give you the twitter update link...
and you tell me that it's dead.

https://twitter.com/Goemitar

mech
March 8th, 2009, 07:49 PM
https://assets1.twitter.com/images/white.pngMade some modification to the core of the program. Still need to fix some design problems.3:42 AM Mar 2nd (https://twitter.com/Goemitar/status/1268887732) from web

It compiles again. Currently working on some design issues.1:31 PM Feb 16th (https://twitter.com/Goemitar/status/1216700943) from web

Started working on the project again.3:00 PM Feb 15th (https://twitter.com/Goemitar/status/1213537386) from web

Great updates man.

tythespy
March 9th, 2009, 07:01 PM
http://goemitar.wordpress.com/category/projects/imega/

tythespy just wait.

i know i've been watching and waiting on that for some time now...

StankBacon
March 26th, 2009, 07:43 PM
any servers using this?

Sel
March 26th, 2009, 07:48 PM
A coldsnap one, the HCEL, and lancers.

Rook
March 26th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Mustang is wanting to set it up on his -JR- server, I hear.

Cortexian
March 26th, 2009, 08:50 PM
any servers using this?
iMega or Rec0's?

A coldsnap one, the HCEL, and lancers.
See above reply.

Mustang is wanting to set it up on his -JR- server, I hear.
See above reply.

blind
March 26th, 2009, 10:05 PM
Lmao.
gg bacon.

king_nothing_
March 30th, 2009, 05:37 AM
If I were still playing this game I might be concerned about this being released. I don't care much either way anymore though. It was hard enough keeping our own admins from abusing the app...I can only imagine how annoying it could be if a bunch of random hoodlums have that kind of power. lol.

supersniper
March 30th, 2009, 07:56 PM
so far there has been no abuse...

StankBacon
March 30th, 2009, 09:27 PM
because the noobs dont know how to set it up and use it.

Cortexian
March 31st, 2009, 02:16 AM
because the noobs dont know how to set it up and use it.
Yea, I've only seen 4 servers running it. Lancers Edge, Lancers Edge Zombies, Abylls Zombies, and HCEL.

n00b1n8R
March 31st, 2009, 03:44 AM
HCEL has had it since before the public release.

Kaishounashi
March 31st, 2009, 03:50 AM
I'd run it on mine, but i'm just too lazy. I don't find myself needing it's functionality just yet, tho the wildcard command support is very tempting and useful from what I recall seeing.

supersniper
March 31st, 2009, 05:04 PM
I had it on mine but abyll's stuff that he is working on that i'm testing for him wasn't compatible with the modified haloceded.exe so I got rid of it.

But Bacon is right so really it was an ok release.

Aßyll
March 31st, 2009, 08:17 PM
The only reason that I don't really use it is because I'm making a better one. Oh and yes, I intend to make it public too.

Rook
March 31st, 2009, 08:33 PM
The only reason that I don't really use it is because I'm making a better one. Oh and yes, I intend to make it public too.
Feeling feisty today huh?

Cortexian
March 31st, 2009, 11:35 PM
Like I've told you many times before, good luck with that. "Better" will require you to make your app have more commands and functionality, yet be MORE stable.

ZeRk`
April 5th, 2009, 08:01 PM
Just stable would be nice. Work on that ;)

Aßyll
April 9th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Okay, public beta #1 is now released! Lets see you prove that it _IS_ less stable, eh? And I am pretty sure that my cmdfile ability makes it LEAPS and BOUNDS better than the rec0 app, along with the fact that you can actually CUSTOMIZE admin levels! XD

StankBacon
April 9th, 2009, 03:07 PM
what?

nice thread hijack :|

Aßyll
April 9th, 2009, 03:26 PM
umm... well i was replying.. to... their comments..

Sabre
April 9th, 2009, 03:43 PM
umm... well i was replying.. to... their comments..

Take it to mass PM?

1ndistinkt
April 12th, 2009, 05:13 PM
i have a home server for my clan and i need this app to work for halo 1.06 and also i have no idea what to do with the hex editing...i have the admin stuff down tho...help me anyone..my xfire is 1ndistinkt

jcap
April 12th, 2009, 05:20 PM
No.

There is no support for outdated game versions.

Update to 1.08. Then anyone will be willing to help.

Cortexian
April 12th, 2009, 05:21 PM
i have a home server for my clan and i need this app to work for halo 1.06 and also i have no idea what to do with the hex editing...i have the admin stuff down tho...help me anyone..my xfire is 1ndistinkt
No reason what-so-ever to be using 1.06 unless you're using a pirated game. We do not support piracy or outdated game versions on this website. Update to version 1.08 so that you don't need to use the game CD anymore (real CD key required) and so that you don't suffer from HaloBoom.

jcap
April 13th, 2009, 07:26 PM
I moved all the posts pertaining to the crashing issue into a new thread:

http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15417

Cortexian
April 13th, 2009, 09:26 PM
I am making (rendering now) a video that shows how to install Rec0's app on 1.08 servers.

STLRamsFan
April 14th, 2009, 11:37 AM
Hey Lancer, what are the cords for cannon on Yoyorast?

Cortexian
April 14th, 2009, 07:12 PM
Hey Lancer, what are the cords for cannon on Yoyorast?

yoyorast_island cannon 94.99061 -20.7068 384.9918

Also, I will not be creating a video showing how to setup Rec0's app for a few reasons. One, my server is acting very unstable and crashing on join 50% of the time while I'm recording. And two, my recording software isn't working well on Windows 7.

StankBacon
April 15th, 2009, 05:48 PM
updated 1st post with tweaked instructions and separate downloads for paid/home dedi.

Cortexian
April 15th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Good stuff...

Does anyone even have contact with Rec0 anymore? Someone should ask him for the sauce.

StankBacon
April 15th, 2009, 06:26 PM
pretty sure kornman has the source, but has said he won't release it.

Cortexian
April 15th, 2009, 07:39 PM
pretty sure kornman has the source, but has said he won't release it.
If the app is released, I think that the source should be made public so that people working on apps (Abyll, Bitidork, ect) can perfect Rec0's. You should try and get Korn to send you it, or get Korn to contact Rec0.

Syuusuke
April 15th, 2009, 10:16 PM
Or Rosco.

I mean =D

Thank Bacon for segregrating homes and dedis, although I don't think it helped my problems =/

FluffyDucky™
April 16th, 2009, 03:47 AM
If the app is released, I think that the source should be made public so that people working on apps (Abyll, Bitidork, ect) can perfect Rec0's. You should try and get Korn to send you it, or get Korn to contact Rec0.

I agree with that 100%, it won't do any harm as of now. It will only allow a fuckload of room for improvement. Only problem is to sway Korn, or yes.. somehow magically get in touch with rec0.

p0lar_bear
April 16th, 2009, 11:11 AM
The thing is, unlike a map or tags, the source code is 100% copyright rec0. It's he who gets the final say as to who gets it, and since he's absent, only a select few can have the source.

Besides, what if kornman did release it, and there was the off-chance that rec0 came back and did NOT want it released? I'd imagine he'd be a bit miffed.

InnerGoat
April 16th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Don't get your hopes up about ever seeing the app's source. :snafubar:

FluffyDucky™
April 16th, 2009, 08:48 PM
:(

Cortexian
April 16th, 2009, 09:39 PM
:(
http://www.modacity.net/forums/styles/smilies/extra/saddowns.gif

STLRamsFan
April 16th, 2009, 09:56 PM
The thing is, unlike a map or tags, the source code is 100% copyright rec0. It's he who gets the final say as to who gets it, and since he's absent, only a select few can have the source.

Besides, what if kornman did release it, and there was the off-chance that rec0 came back and did NOT want it released? I'd imagine he'd be a bit miffed.

Was thinking the same thing. While it would help others, the decision rests with rec0 (where ever he is...).

Syuusuke
April 16th, 2009, 10:50 PM
Whoever* he is now.

I think most of the functions are already figured out...(SAPP)

but I'm not sure what SAPP doesn't have that rec0'sapp does...(besides assigning shortcuts and giving us a dedi with dev commands)

FluffyDucky™
April 17th, 2009, 05:54 AM
SAPP need to work on shortcuts.
Like instead of kill player_number, rec0's is /kill shorcut or (*bits or whole name around stars*)

Much more easier and quicker to use. Not to mention that it has a separate directory where it saves locations, players, shortcuts, etc etc in a database file. :)

Syuusuke
April 17th, 2009, 11:58 AM
[The website you are trying to view is currently experiencing difficulties, please try again later.]

HIV website is fubar'd

And judging by the name of the link, it has been suspended.

jcap
April 17th, 2009, 02:19 PM
I just gave the first post a much needed cleaning. The instructions should now cover everything and all links and pictures should work.

Syuusuke
April 17th, 2009, 03:18 PM
Thanks Jcap

I think it helped me realize my init.txt was screwing with it...

Cortexian
April 17th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Thanks Jcap

I think it helped me realize my init.txt was screwing with it...
Didn't we already tell you how to set that up!?

:gonk:

Syuusuke
April 17th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Yea, but I realized there was something about my init from his edit...

But now it's crashing since I gave myself admin...

Changed to 7 and it works what hell, is 10 an unlovable number?

FluffyDucky™
April 17th, 2009, 08:18 PM
Rofl, maybe that's my problem! I'll test that one! Lmfao!

StankBacon
April 17th, 2009, 08:26 PM
just to clarify, the changes freelancer made in no way address or fix the crashing issues.

-edit-

very nice update to the post jcap, much nicer. :)

flyingmonkey3
April 17th, 2009, 09:57 PM
Oh I finally got the video tut uploaded. I'll just repost the link from the crash help thread: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7eYY6mJqbQ&fmt=22

jables
April 18th, 2009, 06:16 PM
finally got this running again, a admin played with it to much, did one of the commands that crashed it. then wouldnt delete from the gameservers. so you can now add another running this app [}{SR}{Clan]ColdSnap_CTF#5[www.spartanrecon.com] :D nice app btw. really like it.

Cortexian
April 20th, 2009, 07:04 PM
The Official Yoyorast Server PARIS also runs this, forgot... Also, video tutorial needs narration or it's no better than the written guide tbh.

StankBacon
April 21st, 2009, 06:21 AM
i think the text tutorial on the main post is more than enough tbh, there are like 3 steps...

:raise:

Cortexian
April 22nd, 2009, 01:38 AM
i think the text tutorial on the main post is more than enough tbh, there are like 3 steps...

:raise:
Yea but I get a shit ton of messages on Xfire about the hex editing and database editing part (not sure why on the database, it's like editing an Excel spreadsheet only easier)...

jcap
April 22nd, 2009, 01:54 PM
Tell them to read the new guide again. It's clearly explained and pictured. It even includes a link to the program. If they can't do it, they're not trying.

supersniper
April 22nd, 2009, 08:13 PM
just don't answer and pretend your afk
that's what I do and i've had the flooding stop.

but yeah jcap makes a point.

jables
April 25th, 2009, 05:44 PM
if anyone is interested in adding a teleport on coldsnap to the secret room in bluebase go under the mythos and /j [Pexpression] 0 0 -3 and it should put you there. i use it when i just watch the server play.

supersniper
April 26th, 2009, 12:03 AM
Not many people play on coldsnap here. That would be more useful at the poq clan...
poqclan.com if you don't know the website.

Cortexian
April 26th, 2009, 12:52 AM
POQ aren't smart enough to use Rec0's app, don't bother. :downs:

jables
April 26th, 2009, 11:04 AM
im actually an ex poq leader, left due to idiots and children. lol.

jcap
April 26th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Looking at this thread (http://forum.poqclan.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2239) and seeing their reaction to the fact that it's against the GameServers TOS made me lol.

As if saap.dll doesn't violate the TOS either. Heh.

jables
April 26th, 2009, 05:09 PM
yea, both of them are probably equally against the TOS. just cause 1 says it, and the other doesnt, does not imply 1 is accepted. lol thanks for showing that.

Cortexian
April 26th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Honestly, I've talked to some of the Gameservers level 2/3 support guys and they don't care about apps like this. They only care if your program acts maliciously, whereas these types of programs just add more functionality.

supersniper
April 26th, 2009, 07:35 PM
YEAH! FUN~Fro§ter is me ;)
they're a good group they just follow the rules to much.

Honestly, I've talked to some of the Gameservers level 2/3 support guys and they don't care about apps like this. They only care if your program acts maliciously, whereas these types of programs just add more functionality.
Well if you had like an official letter or email or something then I'm sure that would sway many others into using the app.

StankBacon
April 27th, 2009, 06:40 AM
Looking at this thread (http://forum.poqclan.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2239) and seeing their reaction to the fact that it's against the GameServers TOS made me lol.

As if saap.dll doesn't violate the TOS either. Heh.

You have been permanently banned from this board.

Please contact the Board Administrator (forum@poqclan.com) for more information.

A ban has been issued on your IP address.

heh.

Cortexian
April 29th, 2009, 09:12 PM
Well if you had like an official letter or email or something then I'm sure that would sway many others into using the app.
I was talking to them via their staff IRC channel at that point of time.

Syuusuke
April 29th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Lol what did you bacon?

StankBacon
April 30th, 2009, 02:51 AM
i called out there banning practices when they banned me for aimbotting without proof.

jables
April 30th, 2009, 02:06 PM
eh dont worry, they do that a lot. they set up there own members just to kick em out. back when i was there i seen it happen way to much. looking there on the complaints it seems a lot of people have been victim to that.

supersniper
April 30th, 2009, 05:59 PM
ahaha bacon don't worry. they banned be on the cold snap server... you should read the topic. It will make you lol. http://forum.poqclan.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2210

jables
April 30th, 2009, 06:09 PM
yea, they dont have very good banning methods, i mean, last i knew bum was ok with how he used the rcon. but everyone else goes crazy with it.

p0lar_bear
April 30th, 2009, 08:00 PM
ahaha bacon don't worry. they banned be on the cold snap server... you should read the topic. It will make you lol. http://forum.poqclan.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2210

Coldsnap is a shitty map anyway, nothing of value was lost. :v:

jables
April 30th, 2009, 09:34 PM
eh it can be ok, just way to big, and after awhile you get tired of the 15 kills total in a game.

Cortexian
April 30th, 2009, 11:20 PM
eh it can be ok, just way to big, and after awhile you get tired of the 15 kills total in a game.
I average that myself in a game of Coldsnap... Sniper Rifle ftw.

I don't play in any servers with retarded rules such as "no foul language", it's completely retarded since the game is M rated and therefore you cannot legally buy it unless you're 17+. If you're worried about foul language at age 17 you need to have a talk with your parents about being over protective and sheltering you from the real world. Every time I try to explain this to these idiots I just get banned or blocked or something, they're to close minded to actually listen to anyone besides themselves.

jables
May 1st, 2009, 12:11 AM
tbh our server has that, but thats due to some children that ruin the fun, all they do is use it every sentence, it gets annoying.

Cortexian
May 1st, 2009, 12:03 PM
tbh our server has that, but thats due to some children that ruin the fun, all they do is use it every sentence, it gets annoying.
I was directing my comment at the POQ server, because it's one of those retarded servers with retarded admins. If your server has that rule to then I'm either banned or don't even bother playing there because I'd get banned for pointing out to many obvious things that your admins are to dumb to comprehend.

No offense.

Actually wait, yes offense!

jables
May 1st, 2009, 01:14 PM
i was actually watching my friend play in the server, since i tend not to populate theirs, but Hell was considered a bad word to them. even tho its a town in several states. and of course saying that its a town. got him banned.

Cortexian
May 1st, 2009, 01:21 PM
i was actually watching my friend play in the server, since i tend not to populate theirs, but Hell was considered a bad word to them. even tho its a town in several states. and of course saying that its a town. got him banned.
There's no text filter built into the game, therefore I can say whatever I want. Thank you very much.

/debate

jables
May 3rd, 2009, 11:25 AM
you make a very good point there.

Cortexian
June 18th, 2009, 04:03 AM
Update!

BrandiniMP recently created a patch that fixed another haloboom exploit on Halo CE 1.08 servers! He was kind enough to patch the Devicator's server executable to protect against this new exploit in addition to fixing the "sv_say" command, thereby removing the need for SAPP! I made a quick HEX edit to the Devicator itself to change the "say *" command back to "sv_say". I took the liberty of modifing the readme.htm file that was included in the OP release and removing all the SAPP files from the archive, the download simply needs to be made "official".

tldr version:
Rec0's app/Devicator no longer needs SAPP, and it's protected against the latest haloboom exploit!

Download (http://freelancer.lancersedge.com/downloads/Unloopable_Devicator_HaloCE_108+No_SAPP/Unloopable_Devicator_HaloCE_108+No_SAPP.rar)
• Updated June-18-09 at 9:35am EST, fixed a section of "haloceded.exe" in hex that forced your server name to "! BANFREE LE 100 Cap Bloodgulch 24/7" if no name was specified in "init.txt".

• Updated June-18-09 at 6:40am EST, fixed a couple of things that I forgot to change in the "readme.htm" file.

Edit: The only glitch I've found using this new setup is that using the SAPP "unload" command crashes the server.

supersniper
June 18th, 2009, 06:25 AM
Anyone have the old 1.07 versions of the devicator?

Cortexian
June 18th, 2009, 06:58 AM
Anyone have the old 1.07 versions of the devicator?
I do, why?

By the way, a level 10 admin can "/a" admins all the way to level 9 just fine... Dunno why that was in the OP, saying that you could only do it to level 7.

StankBacon
June 18th, 2009, 08:11 AM
Update!

BrandiniMP recently created a patch that fixed another haloboom exploit on Halo CE 1.08 servers! He was kind enough to patch the Devicator's server executable to protect against this new exploit in addition to fixing the "sv_say" command, thereby removing the need for SAPP! I made a quick HEX edit to the Devicator itself to change the "say *" command back to "sv_say". I took the liberty of modifing the readme.htm file that was included in the OP release and removing all the SAPP files from the archive, the download simply needs to be made "official".

tldr version:
Rec0's app/Devicator no longer needs SAPP, and it's protected against the latest haloboom exploit!

Download (http://freelancer.scifi-frontier.com/downloads/Unloopable_Devicator_HaloCE_108+No_SAPP/Unloopable_Devicator_HaloCE_108+No_SAPP.rar)
(Updated June-18-09 at 6:40am EST, fixed a couple of things that I forgot to change in the "readme.htm" file)

Edit: The only glitch I've found using this new setup is that using the SAPP "unload" command crashes the server.

way to fail and make it so it defaults to your fail server name if there is no init.txt..... failure.

Cortexian
June 18th, 2009, 08:20 AM
way to fail and make it so it defaults to your fail server name if there is no init.txt..... failure.
It doesn't... At least it shouldn't... If it does I'll fix it.

Edit: Oh I see what you mean, I forgot to change that section back in haloceded.exe whoops! updating now!

chrisk123999
June 18th, 2009, 10:05 AM
With the non-ascii check removed, you don't need to hex the dedi to change the name to something with non-ascii letters. That means that you can just put the 01 in hex numbers right in the server name in your init.

Cortexian
June 18th, 2009, 10:21 AM
With the non-ascii check removed, you don't need to hex the dedi to change the name to something with non-ascii letters. That means that you can just put the 01 in hex numbers right in the server name in your init.
I know, but every time I try that the server ends up showing up as "Halo" in the server list.

chrisk123999
June 18th, 2009, 11:17 AM
I just checked, the exe your using still has the non-ascii letters not allowed.

BrandiniMP
June 18th, 2009, 12:03 PM
i offered to do it, but free lancer said "no i can just change it in the hex"

chrisk123999
June 18th, 2009, 12:08 PM
sv_players doesn't return a list of players...

Cortexian
June 18th, 2009, 01:45 PM
sv_players doesn't return a list of players...
Just noticed this myself, BrandiniMP save us! Something broke, and if you try to do anything that uses the player index (like "/p0" disregard this, "/p0" works fine!) it won't work.

supersniper
June 18th, 2009, 01:48 PM
... maybe it was something you edited :/

Limited
June 18th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Gah, nubs eh? :) JP freelancer. Do other commands work?

chrisk123999
June 18th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Loading it with sapp, I'm able to use \pl to find people's indexes.

Also, could anyone help me set it up? For some reason 3/4 of the times, when I join my home dedi as an admin the server crashes. Sometimes it doesn't crash, witch makes me so confused.

supersniper
June 18th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Loading it with sappThis is what we don't want to happen.

BrandiniMP
June 18th, 2009, 02:57 PM
okay, someone add my xfire/aim/msn and send me the ORIGINAL devicator (1.07) (and the source would be nice), then ill convert it to 1.08 with the new loop patch and whatever other people want >.>

StankBacon
June 18th, 2009, 03:04 PM
what? you already did that.

BrandiniMP
June 18th, 2009, 03:33 PM
no, i patched the 1.08 version which is messed up already, i want the 1.07 version so i can patch a clean 1.08 server and not mess up like pat did >.<

supersniper
June 18th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Well I was looking for the original 107 devicator.
No Bacon it's pretty much broken. now the player index commands don't work.

Cortexian
June 18th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Only Kornman00 has the source I believe, and he's not handing it out to ANYONE right now.

Here's (http://freelancer.scifi-frontier.com/downloads/devicator_executable/107/haloceded.exe) the original 1.07 exe (no haloloop patch or anything)... I almost NEVER use the player index on a Rec0's app server though, since there's almost never any need.

chrisk123999
June 18th, 2009, 04:18 PM
It still helps when you actually need to ban someone.

StankBacon
June 18th, 2009, 04:31 PM
Well I was looking for the original 107 devicator.
No Bacon it's pretty much broken. now the player index commands don't work.

sv_players (and sapp's "pl") and all that work fine for me with brandini's fixed/rec0 exe.

no, i patched the 1.08 version which is messed up already, i want the 1.07 version so i can patch a clean 1.08 server and not mess up like pat did >.<

the only thing wrong with pats exe was the sv_say crash... which you fixed.

supersniper
June 18th, 2009, 04:47 PM
well mine goofed differently instead of no play list it crashed :/
maybe I just goofed.

Cortexian
June 19th, 2009, 10:25 AM
It still helps when you actually need to ban someone.
/b chrisk*

Weird, I still can't get sv_players to work but if I use "\pl" it works just fine (still using SAPP for server messages).

chrisk123999
June 19th, 2009, 01:46 PM
Yea, I know. If sapp can get it, why can't normal rcon?

supersniper
June 19th, 2009, 03:32 PM
It just keeps on crashing every time I try to go in the server (I got in once and it was working but I never opened up the extended app)...

I noticed that when the app logged me as a player it took my cd hash but it didn't take the first character of my CD hash.

Here is what it says in my server's log file.

2009-06-19 16:28:43 JOIN SUCCESS "FUN~Fro§ter" player 1 machine 1 (75.30.192.58:2304) cdkey ca8620dd592b6b99aef84264de25c8e0But in the _d (player section) file it says this

FUN~Fro§ter a8620dd592b6b99aef84264de25c8e0 75.30.192.58:2304 10Is that supposed to happen, because when I put a c in front of the a like it says in my log file it crashes when I join.
Is this the reason why I'm crashing?

Also when I open up the extended app no text appears it just is an empty cmd window...
And on top of that...

Limited
June 19th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Well it explains why you wouldnt be able to do any admin controls and possibly is the reason it crashes. It expects a string longer than is there.

supersniper
June 19th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Well I added the c but it still crashed... IDK what the fuck I'm doing wrong.
It worked before last time I set it up but now it's not.

I didn't even hex anything this time.

Cortexian
June 19th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Rec0's app is like this, it doesn't work because it's HORRIBLY unstable on home servers. Gameservers.com servers on the other hand seem to work quite a bit better, since that's where the app was designed to primarily work iirc. By the way, the "/p0" command works fine so disregard my last comment about it being effected by sv_players not working. Also, sv_players was broken by BrandiniMP, I take no responsiblity for this!!!

(mainly because I can't fix it)

supersniper
June 19th, 2009, 05:19 PM
So your saying I'm doing nothing wrong and I have horrible luck.

Cortexian
June 19th, 2009, 06:34 PM
So your saying I'm doing nothing wrong and I have horrible luck.
Yes.

Only Kornman00 has the source I believe, and he's not handing it out to ANYONE right now.

Here's (http://freelancer.scifi-frontier.com/downloads/devicator_executable/107/haloceded.exe) the original 1.07 exe for Rec0's app/Devicator (no haloboom patch or anything)... I almost NEVER use the player index on a Rec0's app server though, since there's almost never any need.
NEED AN UPDATED EXECUTABLE HERE!

Requesting linked executable updated to 1.08, allowed special ASCII in server name, working sv_players, and new haloboom DDoS exploit fix! I'm sure everyone would be happy with that.

No copy protection removal or duplicate CD hashes allowed in the server though.

Also, do ME a personal favor and don't fuck up the console text with advertisements. /neatfreak

Limited
June 19th, 2009, 07:13 PM
Can't you just use an updated 1.08 that fixes the DoS and use SAAP for the sv_say? Thats basically what the original setup was. I'm also assuming you want it to work with rec0s app.

supersniper
June 19th, 2009, 07:38 PM
... I just want this thing to work for me :(

chrisk123999
June 19th, 2009, 08:52 PM
Whenever I join my own server as admin, the whole thing crashes. Even the command prompt window closes. But when I join the server with me not added as an admin, it doesn't crash. 1/8 of the time it works w/o crashing.

supersniper
June 19th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Well here I made a little bat file so when it crashes it auto starts right after.
Abyll taught me a while back anyways here.

chdir "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition"
:Begin
chdir "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition"
start "Devicator" "haloceded_extended.exe"
start "Halo Console(1)" /D"./" /WAIT "haloceded.exe"
taskkill /im "haloceded_extended.exe"
GOTO Begin

Vicky
June 19th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Just wondering, wouldn't a hardware-firewall block this 'attack' ? Assuming it blocks DoS attacks, the vid only shows a local crash.

Limited
June 19th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Just wondering, wouldn't a hardware-firewall block this 'attack' ? Assuming it blocks DoS attacks, the vid only shows a local crash.
The attack works on non-lan servers. Generic firewalls won't pick it up as it is just a request to join so its only a small number of packets each time.

Basically firewalls dont search for the activity that happens.

BrandiniMP
June 19th, 2009, 10:16 PM
its not a DoS in the classic sense, typically a DoS is where you will bombard a server with requests so it will attempt to respond to app requests and get tied up, either crashing or just not responding to any other requests.

Whereas this attack does tie up resources, but using an exploit itsself.

think of it like this, getting stabbed once might not kill you, but it will slow you down, however getting stabbed 20+ times is more likely to kill you, because you're bleeding out alot more, however instead of blood, the server is bleeding packets into itsself.

Cortexian
June 20th, 2009, 12:48 AM
Just so you all know, Rec0's app is incredibly unstable. This is the reason that it was never publicly released until AFTER the 1.08 patch was released. The [HIV] clan had the app on their servers for a long time on 1.07, but it wasn't released because it crashed so much.

BrandiniMP
June 20th, 2009, 08:35 AM
so why does nobody work on a devicatorv2 DLL thats more stable, rather than keep working on this unstable app?

chrisk123999
June 20th, 2009, 08:47 AM
Sapp is getting close to having many of the same commands.

BrandiniMP
June 20th, 2009, 08:53 AM
sapp is shit. period.

no offence termy ^^

chrisk123999
June 20th, 2009, 08:56 AM
It's not THAT bad. If you think his events system lags to much, maybe you could be nice and tell him why?

StankBacon
June 20th, 2009, 09:43 AM
sapp could be good, but its very user unfriendly...

no name shortcuts, so you have to use the player number... you have to use actual coords to tele...

and many other commands that are just tedious to do...

chrisk123999
June 20th, 2009, 10:24 AM
I think it's easier then using rec0 for teleporting. You don't need to use actual coords to teleport.

t add "teleporter name" x y z
You would put that in your init.txt
Most commands you can just use player index's to do.
\pl = player index list. Not that hard using player index's.
\s 0 20 = would set player 0's speed to 20.

jcap
June 20th, 2009, 10:40 AM
You've obviously never used Devicator...

What you've just said is even more difficult than rec0's app.

Set teleporter: /st jcap "teleport shortcut name" < adds location to my current position; no coordinates needed
/t jcap "teleport shortcut name" < teleports me to the shortcut that's specified in the database (_d)
Teleporting can also be done relative from your current position (/j jcap 10 20 50); or
teleporting can be done to absolute real-world coordinates (/t jcap 55 40 10)

No need for player indexes:
/spd jcap 20 < would set my speed to 20
/sc "jcap" j < sets my name as a shortcut to j
/spd j 20 < sets my speed to 20 with the shortcut
/spd j* 20 < sets speed of anyone whose name starts with j to 20
/spd j??? < sets speed of anyone whose name is 4 letters and starts with j to 20

There's no need to check the player indexes every single time you want to run a command or every time someone joins or leaves the server.

chrisk123999
June 20th, 2009, 10:55 AM
Yes, I have used it before. I still think it's easier to use player index's then typing in names. That looks more complicated that just typing \pl and \t # teleporter name or \t # x y z.

StankBacon
June 20th, 2009, 11:06 AM
lol... wow.

Limited
June 20th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Yes, I have used it before. I still think it's easier to use player index's then typing in names. That looks more complicated that just typing \pl and \t # teleporter name or \t # x y z.
So, typing "/t red_base Limi*" is harder than having to get the players id which is a seperate command, than typing the teleport command using x,y,z and adding the player index. What you smokin???

chrisk123999
June 20th, 2009, 11:42 AM
If you already have the location saved. You don't have to type the x y z in.
\t 1 red_base

Limited
June 20th, 2009, 11:44 AM
If you already have the location saved. You don't have to type the x y z in.
\t 1 red_base
Fair enough that cuts out one step but it still leaves having to get the players index and then using the teleport command.

StankBacon
June 20th, 2009, 11:52 AM
rec0 is 100% more efficient.

chrisk123999
June 20th, 2009, 12:07 PM
Depending on the name, typing the name in could be slower then getting the player index.
It's not like it takes that long to type in \pl.

BrandiniMP
June 20th, 2009, 12:22 PM
they're both unstable, however SAPP lags because in his eventsystem, terminator is POLLING for changes, anyone who is a coder will know that POLLING for changes is looping through data waiting for a change, this is using up resources, however the better way would be to hook actual functions that are fired on an event, obviously this can cause problems when you have a big event, however using the event system is sapp will cause more problems as it is in a seperate thread and that will cause memory r/w conflicts.

hence rec0's app is the better choice for now.

chrisk123999
June 20th, 2009, 12:31 PM
Then hurry up and finish your server app...

Also, kinda sad that we were fighting about what server app lets you be more lazy.

Cortexian
June 20th, 2009, 03:22 PM
Try out Abyll's server app if you want, it's better than SAPP but I still don't think it's quite as good as the Devicator. The thing that sets the Devicator apart from most of the other server applications is the fact that it uses a database to store information. Which lets you use name shortcuts and such, the ability to use player names as opposed to <playerindex> also helps a lot.

jables
June 20th, 2009, 03:30 PM
abylls is still only a local server app. right?

Cortexian
June 22nd, 2009, 03:21 AM
Right, it won't work on Game Servers yet I don't think.

supersniper
June 23rd, 2009, 06:01 PM
Abyll's app doesn't hook on my haloceded.exe ... I follow the readme but it just doesn't work :/ even though I tested for him ever since he started working on it, IT confuses me so.

FluffyDucky™
June 24th, 2009, 03:44 AM
Apps are evil and keep dying :(

Aßyll
July 4th, 2009, 08:09 PM
:( the updated download (edit: ) link doesn't seem to work.. can someone fix it, or give me the file itself, please?

Also, I'm gonna resume work with my superapp; I think I'm going to put it into Open Sauce, to make it work easier & whatnot, but I'll have more news later, if any. For now, I'm taking the roll of tech support on the new zombie server, run by Thrawn for ZHU.

Cortexian
July 6th, 2009, 11:45 PM
The updated version that I posted works perfectly fine.

Abyss
July 9th, 2009, 05:45 PM
Oh yes i did all of the things in the instructions. Now wat am i supposed to do. open the original haloceded or the one in the homeservers folder that i uploaded? and wat about the other things like strings.dll or sapp.dll?

StankBacon
July 9th, 2009, 06:08 PM
what?

ThePlague
July 9th, 2009, 07:40 PM
Oh yes i did all of the things in the instructions. Now wat am i supposed to do. open the original haloceded or the one in the homeservers folder that i uploaded? and wat about the other things like strings.dll or sapp.dll?
All of the stuff in the .zip folder goes into your Halo Custom Edition root directory. And you overwrite the dedicated server .exe.

Abyss
July 9th, 2009, 10:24 PM
How am i supposed to overwrite the original halo ceded?

jcap
July 9th, 2009, 10:32 PM
How am i supposed to overwrite the original halo ceded?
Copy

Paste

Are you sure you want to overwrite? [Yes]

Abyss
July 10th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Ah ok. Where am i supposed to find the cd key hash?

jcap
July 10th, 2009, 08:16 PM
To find your CD key hash, you need need to check your log files. Delete any existing log files in the Halo CE profile folder and start your server. Then join your own server. When you open the log file, you should see an entry that has your alias, and then there should be a string 32 random characters in length (example: 9e107d9d372bb6826bd81d3542a419d6) which will be your hash.

tythespy
July 10th, 2009, 10:36 PM
i don't know how you can stand answering all these questions that seem so obvious.

StankBacon
July 10th, 2009, 10:41 PM
yah no kidding, especially when its all covered very clearly in the 1st post/readme.

p0lar_bear
July 11th, 2009, 02:28 AM
We're very patient people.

:downsgun:

Abyss
July 11th, 2009, 09:52 PM
Ok Bacon looks like i didnt put much attention to the first post. yes i am a noob with all these server applications so u dont need to be bullshitting to me

Cortexian
July 13th, 2009, 12:31 AM
Well, maybe you should try reading the file called "readme" before asking questions that have already been answered? You brought the bullshitting on yourself by demonstrating your impatience and/or ignorance... Also, you don't upload the root contents of the rar anywhere, you extract the contents of the folder you need (game servers or home servers) and then upload.

Abyss
July 13th, 2009, 08:44 PM
I did all of that (yes i reread the readme Freelancer for like the 10th time) The only problem that i have now(if anyone can solve it) is that the haloceded server closes whenever i try to join the game server. Yes, i opened haloce_extended but idk whats happening.

chrisk123999
July 13th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Your not the only one with that problem.