PDA

View Full Version : Modacity HCE Dedicated Server?

English Mobster
March 12th, 2009, 05:37 PM
Do you think you guys could start a Modacity dedicated server (similar to the :awesome:box on TF2) for Halo CE? Keep a good mapcycle running, and maybe organize a humpday match every Friday or something, just to try to get some old members back into playing CE.
And for the nostaliga, of course. :p

Sel
March 12th, 2009, 05:39 PM
No. Halo is terrible.

I can suggest it to Justin, who runs one of the 3 good halo servers, since the HCEL is dead now, and see if he wants to make the hcel a modacity server :S

Syuusuke
March 12th, 2009, 06:07 PM
And for the nostaliga, of course. :p

Nostalgia requires more old people than just the people in this place...

TheGhost
March 13th, 2009, 09:47 AM
There's a lot of old people in this place, at least the ones you can still find... You'd be surprised. I'd be game to try getting HaloCE installed on my laptop and play a bit.

sevlag
March 13th, 2009, 10:01 AM
well if you plan on turning the HCEL server into a modacity server, maybe we should as a forum community decide what goes onto the map cycle, a maximum of let’s say, 10 maps, maybe 12…

I say this because we could put maps that are decent and don’t see action (ex. Wartorn). YES there would be little to no people playing on it, but the fact that it may become a decent server amongst a sea of snowgrove, RP, coldsnap, and yoyorast servers…seeing a server running good maps would be a nice change o’ pace

just a suggestion though

InnerGoat
March 13th, 2009, 10:59 AM
24/7 wartorn cove

Sel
March 13th, 2009, 11:42 AM
well if you plan on turning the HCEL server into a modacity server, maybe we should as a forum community decide what goes onto the map cycle, a maximum of let’s say, 10 maps, maybe 12…

There is no point in getting a mapcycle from people who haven't played for 2-3 years. If we have a get together planned, or a lot of cool people show up then a map change might be in order, otherwise there is absolutely no point changing the mapcycle to something no one will play.

Rook
March 13th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Yeah right now the cycle

sv_mapcycle_add bloodgulch "ctf"

sv_mapcycle_add dangercanyon "ctf"

sv_mapcycle_add icefields "ctf"

sv_mapcycle_add sidewinder "ctf"

keeps people in the server once it starts to populate, so bleh.

Disaster
March 13th, 2009, 03:39 PM
24/7 wartorn cove
^ Wtc is :awesome:

English Mobster
March 13th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Yeah, I think I may have seen ONE 16-player server on Wartorn Cove, but that was just under 2 years ago now.

Holy shit I've been playing Halo a long time.

sevlag
March 13th, 2009, 07:11 PM
There is no point in getting a mapcycle from people who haven't played for 2-3 years. If we have a get together planned, or a lot of cool people show up then a map change might be in order, otherwise there is absolutely no point changing the mapcycle to something no one will play.
well IF...

just a suggestion though

yuki, no offense...but the key words are in bold...IF and the phrase "just a suggestion" where in my original post did I demand a complete change? no I did not...I understand a need to have more players in a game before alterign the rotation drastically, but remember...JUST A SUGGESTION

Sel
March 13th, 2009, 07:20 PM
Oh so because it's a suggestion I shouldn't point out the reasons why it's stupid?

ok got it mann :downs:!

Rook
March 15th, 2009, 12:09 AM
but that was just under 2 years ago now.

Holy shit I've been playing Halo a long time.
Lol? :confused:

InnerGoat
March 15th, 2009, 01:13 AM
Guess he got into Halo after everyone left :shake:

English Mobster
March 16th, 2009, 09:48 PM
A long time for me.

I used to change games every 3 months.

Cortexian
March 20th, 2009, 05:34 PM
I'm poor and have no money, but I'd rename my paid server to a Modacity server if I got some donations... :smug: