PDA

View Full Version : [Gallery] Hayabusa's Wurks K?

Kilamanjaro12
March 15th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Hayabusa's Animations:D

Halo 3ish Assault Rifle Reload
Model : CtrlAltDestroy
Animation: Hayabusa12
http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp25/Hayabuza753/h3ar.gif

COD4ish P90 Reload
Model: Activision/Call of Duty 4
http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp25/Hayabuza753/Punani.gif

Halo2ish SMG Reload
Model: Bungie/Halo 2
http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp25/Hayabuza753/SMG2.gif

COD4ish Deagle Reload
Model: Activision/Call of Duty 4
http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp25/Hayabuza753/Deagle.gif

Halo3ish Spiker Reload
Model: CSFL0YD aka STFL0YD
http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp25/Hayabuza753/Spiker.gif

Halo2ish/Zteamish Rocket Launcher Reload
Model: Bungie/Halo 1
http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp25/Hayabuza753/Rocketh2.gif

Teh Lagish SMG Reload
Model: Disaster
http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp25/Hayabuza753/smgreload.gif

Zteamish Halo 2 Magnum Reload
Model: Bungie/Halo 2
Animation: Hayabusa/Antonio
http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp25/Hayabuza753/Magnumreload.gif

i'll show more later. enjoy

Spartan094
March 15th, 2009, 02:19 PM
first post :D, good work

teh lag
March 15th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Woah, nice to see yet another competent animator out there.

Your biggest problem seems to be time distribution - while you certainly have control over motion, a lot of the time things are taking way longer than the rest of the animation. You need to make stuff even.

You also seem to have random bits of "popping", where suddenly you've got motion that goes way faster than the rest of the anim or jerks off to a strange direction (ex : mag out for the AR). That needs to go as well.

The pistol anim lacks a certain... character? It's just *slip* *slap* *end*. I always feel that animations should be stylized when possible; don't be afraid to sacrifice a reasonable degree of realism for a bit more artistic flair.

Some of the endings/return to origins look funky too. Work on a setup that works well for you, because the ending can totally ruin an otherwise good animations.

Also get yourself an H2 rig and stop using that horrible h1 setup, christ.

Kilamanjaro12
March 15th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Woah, nice to see yet another competent animator out there.

Your biggest problem seems to be time distribution - while you certainly have control over motion, a lot of the time things are taking way longer than the rest of the animation. You need to make stuff even.

You also seem to have random bits of "popping", where suddenly you've got motion that goes way faster than the rest of the anim or jerks off to a strange direction (ex : mag out for the AR). Thet needs to go as well.

Also get yourself an H2 rig and stop using that horrible h1 setup, christ.

lol i dont have a good h2 rig

and h1's isnt that bad.

teh lag
March 15th, 2009, 02:28 PM
lol i dont have a good h2 rig

and h1's isnt that bad.

are you kidding, h1's is the worst :gonk:

IM me later, I'll get something for you.

Joshflighter
March 15th, 2009, 03:03 PM
Nice as always. :)

Kilamanjaro12
March 15th, 2009, 03:11 PM
MOAR!!!

Halo2ish/Zteamish Rocket Launcher Reload
Model: Bungie/Halo 1
http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp25/Hayabuza753/Rocketh2.gif

Joshflighter
March 15th, 2009, 03:14 PM
His hand is going through the model.. :|

But that sort of looks like doan's animation too. :p

teh lag
March 15th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Too little motion on the launcher - it should move around some more if there's a however many pound set of tubes being pushed off/stuck on, and especially when the hatch is closing. I guess you could call it "recoil" that you need there.

Kilamanjaro12
March 15th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Too little motion on the launcher - it should move around some more if there's a however many pound set of tubes being pushed off/stuck on, and especially when the hatch is closing. I guess you could call it "recoil" that you need there.
alright, ICEE did always said that i still needed master recoils in anis.

ICEE
March 15th, 2009, 03:33 PM
Your animations are flowy, but lack proper timing and realism. Think about how much that rocket magazine must weigh, and how much force it would take to push it out of the launcher. It certainly doesn't look very realistic as it is now. You've gotten a shitton better over the (years? months? I have the mind of a goldfish and therefore cannot perceive time) and I am proud to call you my son. Though you cannot prove that in court of law. On a serious note, keep working on your frame gun motions and reactions to other motions. Coming along nicely mate.

ps: liking the finger motions on that thar p90

Corndogman
March 15th, 2009, 08:15 PM
P90: Everything looks good to me, except when he puts the clip(mag?) back in. It seems way to smooth, like it slides in way to easily. Maybe I'm being nit-picky because I'm a Stargate SG-1 nerd, but when the clip goes back in I think it would look better if he kind of forces it in there then slams it down.

Spiker: seems way too fast, could use a a couple more frames when the hand goes of screen, and a bit of hesitation right before he puts the clip in, instead of it going straight in with perfect movement.

SnaFuBAR
March 15th, 2009, 08:35 PM
keep at it and you could get a lot better. right now your animations snap way too much. Most of them look like a combination of rigor mortus and caffine. very unnatural.

ODX
March 15th, 2009, 08:47 PM
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/5708/badh1rigbad.jpg
Yeah, if you're going to use the Halo 1 rig, at least do it right. Don't do what everyone else does and keep your hand in the same spot the whole time through the spiker reload, because then you end up with crap like this. Besides, it looks a bit uninteresting when you do that. Also yes I agree with everyone else that the P90 reload is great. Ugh, and as a told you, in the Deagle reload, it should not just 'move' down towards the bottom right, it should rotate in pretty much the same spot through the whole idle part of the reload. Blah blah blah, as I always say: It doesn't matter if that's how the reload in a game is, if you can't copy it right then change it up. It'll give it part of your style too, and make it much better.

Kilamanjaro12
March 15th, 2009, 09:13 PM
keep at it and you could get a lot better. right now your animations snap way too much. Most of them look like a combination of rigor mortus and caffine. very unnatural.

lol funny.

and i will fix all of them.

Kilamanjaro12
March 18th, 2009, 03:59 PM
seriously? no more critz?

Spartan094
March 18th, 2009, 04:33 PM
because you posted no new animations that or people dont like using the quick reply

PenGuin1362
March 19th, 2009, 01:26 PM
The Desert Eagle one I think is nicely done up until the end. Like snaf said, too fast at some points to snappy and stiff at others. But the DE overall has very natural hand positions. However, when a new magazine is inserted it looks too unnatural.

Kilamanjaro12
April 4th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Teh Lagish SMG Reload

More to come later. sorry if it took so long D:

Spartan094
April 4th, 2009, 09:10 PM
dont forget what teh lag said or who ever said it about relizsm , wrist needs more force like what i said on xfire, overall i like it

EDIT: fingers needs to seem to clamp on the mag to the gun not just one same consistant thing

jngrow
April 4th, 2009, 09:20 PM
That ejection is WAAAAAY too snappy.

Roostervier
April 4th, 2009, 09:48 PM
Smooth everything out, it's jerks a lot. On another note, when you render out animations, add a few frames between the end and beginning of the animation. That way we can fully see it.

ODX
April 4th, 2009, 11:05 PM
The mag out flick isn't in the right position, it should be rotated so that the barrel is pointing towards the top right corner, instead of more towards the middle. Try a custom animation sometime too, don't be shy to show it if you don't like it either, you'll never improve that way. I suggest a bolt push, since neither Halo 2 or 3 uses one so you'll have to come up with some creative.
Edit: Oh yes, if possible, can you render your next animation at a higher res?

FreedomFighter7
April 5th, 2009, 12:08 AM
Beautiful. Don't know what everyone's talking about. I LOVE the Desert Eagle one. Those hands look so cool!!

Donut
April 5th, 2009, 12:18 AM
Teh Lagish SMG Reload

More to come later. sorry if it took so long D:

hey so iv been sick for the past day or so. i spent all day in my room today and drank about 13 dr peppers. the movement on that gun looks like like how my hand is shaking uncontrollably right now

but seriously, look at your halo 2 reload. i liked that alot more

ICEE
April 5th, 2009, 01:57 AM
it looks like a melee midway through the anim, when he lifts the gun up to replace the clip. slow it down, make it less caffeine induced, and it will be a much better anim

Hunter
April 5th, 2009, 05:28 AM
Every part apart from the ready part is waaaaaaaay to snappy. Needs be smoothed out.

Kilamanjaro12
April 5th, 2009, 11:10 AM
thanks everyone. i'll fix now since i'm back from Church.

Con
April 5th, 2009, 12:41 PM

At the end of the RL anim, he kind of just slaps the rockets in there and the launcher doesn't react to this at all.

Kilamanjaro12
April 5th, 2009, 12:48 PM

At the end of the RL anim, he kind of just slaps the rockets in there and the launcher doesn't react to this at all.

thanks Conscars, i'll get to that right after this SMG.

SnaFuBAR
April 5th, 2009, 12:59 PM
make it more human, not so robotic and perfect on reload. that's tricky angle that the mag goes in, and the animation is just completely unbelievable.

FRain
April 5th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Yeah. To me it just looks like hes having a panic attack while hes reloading his gun (who wouldn't? :P)

FAKE E: Doany, I see you fucker, get on aim.

Kilamanjaro12
April 5th, 2009, 02:26 PM
Yeah. To me it just looks like hes having a panic attack while hes reloading his gun (who wouldn't? :P)

FAKE E: Doany, I see you fucker, get on aim.

LOL! ok i showed Teh Lag and he says now its tew slow D:. but i wont give up. :D

Kilamanjaro12
April 5th, 2009, 02:32 PM
I'll be Uploading my Beam rifle in a sec just need to render together the Overheat Sequence

Kilamanjaro12
April 5th, 2009, 02:56 PM
http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp25/Hayabuza753/smgreload-1.gif
any better guys?

teh lag
April 5th, 2009, 03:08 PM
It's far better now, but the lag after mag in is still a bit jarring. Just keep messing with that until it goes away.

animes z0r

Kilamanjaro12
April 5th, 2009, 03:37 PM
to teh lag: i'm working on that right now. i saw it when i took many views of the render.

redoing the whole Beam Rifle. Please Stand By

Advancebo
April 5th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Make it turn to the right instead of to the left when its overheating.

Also make the left hand do something else than just vibrating back and forth.

Overall, it seems kinda boring.

teh lag
April 5th, 2009, 03:45 PM
That's possibly the most boring overheat anim I've ever seen. You can do way better than that and you know it. There's zero motion involved - you're just changing position and looping a 3 frame shake thing. Make the left hand do something like when the PR overheats. Make the gun actually move around instead of having a seizure.

Also, the little protruding thingy at the end of the barrel is supposed to recoil on fire and lock all the way back on overheat.

Also x2, the overheat anim needs to start like a normal fire anim, since the normal fire anim is not played, even partially, when a shot makes the weapon overheat.

Kilamanjaro12
April 5th, 2009, 03:48 PM
That's possibly the most boring overheat anim I've ever seen. You can do way better than that and you know it. There's zero motion involved - you're just changing position and looping a 3 frame shake thing. Make the left hand do something like when the PR overheats. Make the gun actually move around instead of having a seizure.

Also, the little protruding thingy at the end of the barrel is supposed to recoil on fire and lock all the way back on overheat.

lol i know i just did this for fun. i will do something to the left hand alright.. no homo

Joshflighter
April 5th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Not everything is gay hayabusa. Just saying. :)

Kilamanjaro12
April 5th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Not everything is gay hayabusa. Just saying. :)

looking at you, i say different. lol jk right now i'm gonna animate an Assault Rifle for H3 sake

ODX
April 5th, 2009, 07:39 PM
The mag out flick isn't in the right position, it should be rotated so that the barrel is pointing towards the top right corner, instead of more towards the middle.

Edit: Oh yes, if possible, can you render your next animation at a higher res?Even if you aren't going for an exact copy you should still do it that way since it's the most logical or rather, interesting looking.

Please?

Looks better though.

Mass
April 5th, 2009, 08:08 PM
lol i know i just did this for fun. i will do something to the left hand alright.. no homo

i will do something to the left hand alright.. no homo

hand alright.. no homo

no homo
:slap:

Those animations are functional, but they don't have enough fluid motion. There should be more evidence of effort in the actions; the gun should move a bit as he holds it, and should rotate more towards him when he's reloading, aiming upwards.

SnaFuBAR
April 5th, 2009, 11:26 PM
snappy robot reload animations.

Kilamanjaro12
April 18th, 2009, 05:14 PM
http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp25/Hayabuza753/reload-1.gif

STILL?!

Advancebo
April 18th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Whats with the camera way back? And its a bit to fast, seems as fast as an SMG reload.

teh lag
April 18th, 2009, 05:19 PM
You've got too much motion on mag out. There's a line between stylizing an anim and making it look just odd - you've crossed that line and it'd look way better if you went back. Most of the motions are over-exaggerated... except the bolt push which comparatively (key word here!!!) has too little force on the gun. You gotta even it out.

Whats with the camera way back? And its a bit to fast, seems as fast as an SMG reload.

The camera is irrelevant. That's the H3 FOV/positioning for the camera - it's just that the game tilts the animations down so you don't notice.

ThePlague
April 18th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Actually it's moving, not a still picture...

SnaFuBAR
April 19th, 2009, 02:51 AM
Seriously, animators need to look at the weapon animations from EA's Black. They had some very well done things in there, and broke the mold by making them somewhat stylized but still retaining believability. Most reloads in halo look like the bolts and shit are barely being touched, much like it is with yours, and it's boring as hell.

ICEE
April 19th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Seriously, animators need to look at the weapon animations from EA's Black. They had some very well done things in there, and broke the mold by making them somewhat stylized but still retaining believability. Most reloads in halo look like the bolts and shit are barely being touched, much like it is with yours, and it's boring as hell.

EA has great animators. Battlefield bad company's animations are incredible. They have realism and style. They even managed to make piss ugly guns like the AUG look cool.

Kilamanjaro12
April 19th, 2009, 12:57 PM
I'm taking requests on what weapon i should animate.
post em here if you got em.
NOTE that they will only be for rendering. i can give you the .max after animating if you wish.
you can do whatever with it after.
i will not use high ranking rigs (default halo 1 rig will be used)

(so far.....)
Spartan-094 - AK47 CoD4 stylled.
Senior Gwunt - Battlerifle halo 3 stylled

Spartan094
April 19th, 2009, 01:00 PM
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc286/Brandon094/Halo%20Aug%2029%20To%20the%20now/ak-47.jpg
what you can use the cod 4 rig?

Kilamanjaro12
April 19th, 2009, 01:01 PM
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc286/Brandon094/Halo%20Aug%2029%20To%20the%20now/ak-47.jpg
what you can use the cod 4 rig?
since ur my close friend, i'll make an acception.

Gwunty
April 19th, 2009, 01:14 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/qnmmao.jpg
Finish this please :3

ODX
April 19th, 2009, 01:18 PM
That's my origin you dope, I didn't really like the origin much so I just threw it away. Hayabusa is free to do it.

Gwunty
April 19th, 2009, 01:19 PM
That's my origin you dope, I didn't really like the origin much so I just threw it away. Hayabusa is free to do it.
he told me that was his >_>

Kilamanjaro12
April 19th, 2009, 01:19 PM
thanks. respects ODX :D

Kilamanjaro12
April 19th, 2009, 01:22 PM
he told me that was his >_>
real talks? lol my bad. i was probably high when i was on the computer. sorry

Gwunty
April 19th, 2009, 01:25 PM
real talks? lol my bad. i was probably high when i was on the computer. sorry
yhea np

Advancebo
April 19th, 2009, 07:47 PM
since ur my close friend, i'll make an exception.

ftfy