PDA

View Full Version : [L4D] Left 4 Dead request.

Llama Juice
March 17th, 2009, 07:25 PM
Could somebody go into Left 4 Dead, get to an outdoors somewhat darkish spot and stand still as a horde comes twards you?. I'm picturing organic (forest and such) outdoors, rather than city outdoors... but try to not get any abandoned cars or anything in the shot. (ideal if there was a light behind you, but not in front)

If possible can you hide your gun? (if there's some devmode thing or something.. I'm not familiar with the source engine, or what you can do...)

If you can't hide the gun, just pull out something that will use the least screen real estate as possible.

If you could do that... and record it that would be immensely helpful for me. (That is, if you send me the footage :P)

As for resolution and compression and all that of the video... the bigger the better. Like... I dunno 20 seconds of footage?

Another one that'd be useful would be to have them just standing around idle, both shots standing in the same place, looking in the same direction.

So I guess... you'd find this dream spot stand there and wait for a little bit... if the horde notices you after a little while great, if not... shoot your gun or something to get their attention haha.

I'd really appreciate it and you'd be awesome forever for it.

It's for a youtube video that I'm planning.

Of course... if you have any questions about my request... ask em haha... or shoot me an IM (AIM = TheJuicyLlama).

Thanks!

flibitijibibo
March 17th, 2009, 10:36 PM
I would, but my schedule's full until Sunday. For anyone that wants to do this, here's the best way (IMO, anyway) to fit Llama's requests:

- Blood Harvest, versus
- One guy as spectator (I think it has to be a dead guy for L4D), recorder
- Position people as necessary, get proper camera angle
- Boomer hits focused character, goes off-screen
- Plenty of horde attacks, should be able to get a good shot. If not, see previous step.

Sel
March 18th, 2009, 08:03 AM
sv_cheats 1

director_panic_forever

director_force_panic_event

Llama Juice
March 19th, 2009, 07:09 AM
Ohh yay, thanks for the input guys.

I still need the clip however, can anyone help a Llama out? :)

Roostervier
March 19th, 2009, 05:38 PM
http://www.hl2world.com/wiki/index.php/Half_Life_2_Client_Console_Commands

That might be of some use to you.

OmegaDragon
March 21st, 2009, 08:20 PM
Why not set up on the scene on garry's mod.

Llama Juice
March 21st, 2009, 10:11 PM
I obtained the game and filmed the shot I wanted. Thanks for your guy's help with the console stuff.

I haven't ever toyed with source stuff... I didn't feel like learning a whole new tool just for a background element for a video. That's why I asked you guys for help. I figured it'd be a five-ten minute job for someone who already has Left 4 Dead, knows how to work the console and it's commands. Garry's Mod probably would have gotten it for me better, but I think what I have will do just fine.

Daishi
March 21st, 2009, 10:41 PM
Surprising enough, not everyone has everything needed to do so. :/

Llama Juice
March 26th, 2009, 09:30 PM
For anyone stumbling across this thread again... this is what I needed the clips for..

GqCrwZxUtlM

:3

legionaire45
March 27th, 2009, 02:57 AM
Lol, cookies.
...and protection...
...but no Zoey....
hmm...

jngrow
March 28th, 2009, 02:04 AM
Dude i just saw this on reddi-oh shit exam posted it.

Llama Juice
March 29th, 2009, 09:24 AM
Haha yea, thanks everyone who clicked it and rated and such. I got up on the most discussed and top rated lists for comedy yesterday. (Sure, I was at like #65 for both of em... but... still... a lot better than I've done before... :P)

sdavis117
March 29th, 2009, 09:47 AM
I'm guessing you used a greenscreen to get the outdoor zombie shots to look like they were right outside the window.

What did you use for your greenscreen to make it look to smooth and solid? Everything I try always gives me mixed results. And by mixed I mean crappy results.

Llama Juice
March 29th, 2009, 01:19 PM
Nope, I didn't use a green screen.

I rotoscoped out my arms, the cookies, the blind's string, the blinds moving, the tag on the blind's string, and the little bar that hangs down to turn them. I then recreated the window's glass in photoshop and made it into an overlay pass to go over the 2D render of the zombie's 3D card.

I made another image in photoshop of the window's frame to layer over all of that stuff.

then I layered the video of me over all of that to get the final result.

If my neighbors would have turned off their lights outside I could have just masked off the blinds and the window frame and overlayed the live action video over the CG one.

i recorded it at night, so the window was fairly black... and so if I would have been able to go that route it would have looked a lot better becuase I would have been able to keep the reflection of me in the window, and wouldn't have had a static overlay over the whole thing.

I plan on making a "creation of" or "behind the scenes" of it to show how i did it all.

I spent about 10 hours working on it to make it look right (and because I don't know the program as well as I wish I did.)

And the thing about green screens... is you still will have to clean up the matte. You wont ever get a good matte your first try with it..

What program are you using?

sdavis117
March 29th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Sony Vegas Studio.