PDA

View Full Version : [WIP]fn_p90

kid908
March 24th, 2009, 09:07 AM
I'm going to work on animations now. this is the latest animation i've done but it seems to mess up when it goes into game. the parts are all over the place so that need so work (and help).

the model is right now 3.9k which is going to be cut down since most of those were in making the curve for the back end now that i have it structured, i can reduce that so it should go down.(i'll upload a render as soon as i lower the count)

I also need help putting force into the melee so any advice there would be nice.

JeDiiN8tBkw

C&C :dance:

SnaFuBAR
March 24th, 2009, 09:25 AM
very shakey, like some old stop motion animation. that melee is also the suck, as well as the shoot. finger positioning on the trigger hand is way off. draw is lacking. nobody uses their pointer finger to operate the safety.

TVTyrant
March 24th, 2009, 05:15 PM
I do :( But not if its in that position, of course. Slow things down a little. I can't tell what hes actually doing with his hands.

Joshflighter
March 24th, 2009, 06:22 PM
I cant wait for a render of the p-90, cause it doesn't look like it has lots of detail.. or any at all. D:

ICEE
March 25th, 2009, 10:07 AM
^^ not the point fear. It looks like you need to learn constraining first and foremost. I might have a mini tut lying around for that when I get home, but if not its pretty simple to teach.

kid908
March 25th, 2009, 10:59 PM
I cant wait for a render of the p-90, cause it doesn't look like it has lots of detail.. or any at all. D:

i was more concern about getting the flat to curve of the top of the back so i over did it. and i'll get a render tonight.

edit: here's the mesh.(this is around 2.2k)
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n211/kid908/p90.png

legionaire45
March 26th, 2009, 01:57 AM
If you want to be anal about removing as many triangles as you can you could probably remove a few of the ones at the back (that would be up against the character's shoulder; aka not really easily viewed) and a bunch on the front. You probably don't need to have the barrel capped off and you could easily cut some of the flat faces on the front. Maybe throw some more triangles at the curved parts using some of the extra triangles you cut. Depends on what you want to do with the animations I guess; Hell, you could probably remove most of the faces on the right side of the gun if you don't show that much of it in the anims.

Overall the model looks decent but the animations are kind of iffy; keep it up though. There's a tutorial on animating a glock in the studio resources sticky, you might get something out of watching that if you haven't already.

t3h m00kz
March 27th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Idle is okay. Reload is pretty decent for the most part. Melee, grenade throw, fire need to be refined.

The kickback on the fire shouldn't be an instantaneous "NOW IT'S BACK HERE," it should "bounce" a little. Keyframes and interpolation. Grenade throw, don't have the arm and the wrist parallel. Have the wrist sort of back. As for the melee.. well, redo it. I suck at melees too :downs:

I noticed something with the reload, probably shouldn't let his left hand go off-screen before he pulls the clip out. Should be an easy fix.

Joshflighter
March 27th, 2009, 03:13 PM
Eh, I kinda like the model. :)

Heathen
March 27th, 2009, 03:27 PM
C&C :dance:
Choppy, skippy, jerky, and stiff.

SnaFuBAR
March 27th, 2009, 05:53 PM
You say the model is 3.9k. Is that tris or polies?

kid908
March 28th, 2009, 01:24 PM
You say the model is 3.9k. Is that tris or polies?
the one in the animation is 3.9k tris. the still image is the semi-optimized model which is 2.2k tris

SnaFuBAR
March 28th, 2009, 06:06 PM
you could easily go 5k tris on this engine.

Joshflighter
March 28th, 2009, 06:09 PM
Is this for Halo Ce?

rossmum
March 28th, 2009, 07:56 PM
you could easily go 5k tris on this engine.
The rocket launcher's over 5k if my memory serves me correctly

kid908
April 11th, 2009, 07:53 PM
it will be. right now im having trouble with it. it's all weird and out of place in ce. all the peices are randomly spread throughout the scene in ce so i have to fix that. here's an update on the reload. whatcha think? (srry it's 1.7 mb at lowest quality and highest compression, it's just the gif size).

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/3009/fpreloadb.gif
(http://img412.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fpreloadb.gif)

MetKiller Joe
April 11th, 2009, 08:19 PM
The part from where he slaps the cartridge in to the pullback seems too quick. The hand is going a mite too quickly there, imo.

Corndogman
April 11th, 2009, 10:42 PM
Uhh, when he pulls the mag out, its not actually in his hand. The hand just moves a way like its holding it, but the mag just kind of flies out on its own half a second later.

legionaire45
April 11th, 2009, 11:31 PM
I think that's the effect he's going for - the player basically moves it out of the magazine well enough so that gravity can take over and let it fall out.

If that's the case then it might help to have his hand open or close a bit so that it doesn't look like he's holding something that isn't there.

SnaFuBAR
April 12th, 2009, 12:22 AM
that's really really unnatural.

ICEE
April 12th, 2009, 01:34 AM
The first reload you showed here was much better. This time, the gun moves unnecessarily and in unnatural ways. If you want it to have the gravity fall out look, then take it slower, maybe make him shake the gun just a tad to hurry the process along. However, it seems to me that this is not the gun to do that for, because if your going to have to manually unlock it from the gun, you may as well just pull it out.

CSFLOYD
April 13th, 2009, 11:46 PM
I think its slow when he lifts the gun to pull out the clip, its like hes just chillin and taking his time lol. Other than that good work.

Con
April 14th, 2009, 12:25 AM
He grabs the mag out of thin air, there isn't even any time for his hand to reach his belt.

kid908
April 14th, 2009, 10:39 AM
He grabs the mag out of thin air, there isn't even any time for his hand to reach his belt.

so i should slow it down a bit and delay some parts a bit...

CSFLOYD
April 14th, 2009, 10:42 AM
Yeah and make some parts faster.