PDA

View Full Version : Grand Theft Auto IV Trailer

Boba
March 29th, 2007, 04:32 PM
The trailer is out in 28 minutes! What are your thoughts on how the game will be?

Limited
March 29th, 2007, 04:44 PM
I've been waiting ages :P 17 mins left :D:D

I hope its based in america, I really hope its not UK or europe just because UK based gta would bore me, part of the whole GTA experience is playing like a new setting, some thing I dont know. A UK based one I'd know too much bout the setting.

http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/

Limited
March 29th, 2007, 05:00 PM
Its time! Site going mega slow :(

DaneO'Roo
March 29th, 2007, 05:06 PM
ITS UP BUT PAGE CANNOT BE DISPLAYED D:

maybe it hasnt reached time over at rockstar, maybe a few minutes

Limited
March 29th, 2007, 05:07 PM
Server crashed yo ^^

Happened last time trailer released lol..

DaneO'Roo
March 29th, 2007, 05:13 PM
I got nothing, how bout anyone else ?

Limited
March 29th, 2007, 05:14 PM
It loaded a few minutes ago, it got black and title showed then server overloaded again because it stopped loading.

DaneO'Roo
March 29th, 2007, 05:14 PM
:/

I never saw no screen, all I get is PAGE CANNOT BE DISPLAYED

I must have missed that part

*edit* yup, server crashed, GTA website and forums are down XD

oh, sup almost april fools, March 30th here >_>

Limited
March 29th, 2007, 05:18 PM
Omg its up!!!

http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/trailer_splash.html

Just asked for my age :)

Limited
March 29th, 2007, 05:27 PM
GTA: Lanoire?

Kornman00
March 29th, 2007, 05:32 PM
april fools tbh

Limited
March 29th, 2007, 05:32 PM
Bump

http://uk.media.xbox360.ign.com/media/827/827005/vids_1.html

^ real

Kornman00
March 29th, 2007, 05:33 PM
Bump

http://uk.media.xbox360.ign.com/media/827/827005/vids_1.html

^ real

. INSIDERS ONLY KTHXNO

Limited
March 29th, 2007, 05:35 PM
Click watch
Its real GTA

Kornman00
March 29th, 2007, 05:37 PM
Wtc Caps Dam You Caps

. Have To Register Kthxno

I WANT MY FUCKING CAPPSKJAFSDJHEIOFS

there we go. . HAVE TO REGISTER KTHXNO

Limited
March 29th, 2007, 05:40 PM
Try this
http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/827/827005.html

U want picture?

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/7470/wowcr3.png

http://www.gta4.net/trailer/gta4_trailer.torrent

torrent file

jcap
March 29th, 2007, 06:01 PM
http://media.rockstargames.com/flies/1280x720.wmv

Boba
March 29th, 2007, 06:05 PM
Since this is New York, maybe there will be seasons/snow!

Limited
March 29th, 2007, 06:19 PM
Going ol' skool with LC :)

Glad its america again :):)

legionaire45
March 29th, 2007, 08:11 PM
Going ol' skool with LC :)

Glad its america again :):)
If they ever set a GTA game in Ca (does SA count?) remind me to get the hell out real fast xD. *im the fat guy with blond hair*

IMMA CHARGIN MAH WALLET 4 DIS

Limited
March 29th, 2007, 08:15 PM
So do you think he's Russian or polish?

Xetsuei
March 29th, 2007, 08:24 PM
Both.

Varmint260
March 29th, 2007, 08:39 PM
I remember thinking when I first saw this, "There is NO WAY that can be the in-game graphics!".
The thing that annoys me is that it's terribly short and does not include any action or anything to give the player some sort of idea as to what the gameplay will be like. I have to assume, because it's Rockstar, that it will be a hell of a good game.
Damn, though! Those graphics make me want it now, but I don't exactly want to shell out the ca$h for a PS3 (that's what it'll be for, right? Or Xbox360, either way I don't have the cash).
Maybe it'll be out for Vista sometime in the future and I'll have a nice computer to play it on. Hell, my over-six-years-of-age Dell can play GTA San Andreas on max res and GFX, so this one might play well on Vista. Hopefully. BTW,
[sort-of-offtopic] I'm REALLY waiting for MTA San Andreas Deathmatch. [/offtopicness end]

Emmzee
March 29th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Looks good. I'd get it.

rossmum
March 30th, 2007, 05:47 AM
GUYS AWESOME

I want it NOW :(

I_Am_Error117
March 30th, 2007, 10:26 PM
People paly this? lol j/k

I never really cared for any of the GTA games.

Boba
April 26th, 2008, 11:58 PM
Ker-Bump!

Only two more days till launch!

Anyone else pumped?

itszutak
April 27th, 2008, 01:13 AM
Yes. The game looks FANTASTIC. o__o

I have never played a GTA game before, but I think I'll pick this one up just to see what they're all about.

Plus, the whole multiplayer city thing looks awesome.

StankBacon
April 27th, 2008, 01:26 AM
i already have it, haven't played it yet tho..

>.<

Jelly
April 27th, 2008, 03:41 AM
I don't dare to get the leak for fear of being banned off XBL.

Pooky
April 27th, 2008, 01:36 PM
I remember thinking when I first saw this, "There is NO WAY that can be the in-game graphics!".
The thing that annoys me is that it's terribly short and does not include any action or anything to give the player some sort of idea as to what the gameplay will be like. I have to assume, because it's Rockstar, that it will be a hell of a good game.
Damn, though! Those graphics make me want it now, but I don't exactly want to shell out the ca$h for a PS3 (that's what it'll be for, right? Or Xbox360, either way I don't have the cash).
Maybe it'll be out for Vista sometime in the future and I'll have a nice computer to play it on. Hell, my over-six-years-of-age Dell can play GTA San Andreas on max res and GFX, so this one might play well on Vista. Hopefully. BTW,
[sort-of-offtopic] I'm REALLY waiting for MTA San Andreas Deathmatch. [/offtopicness end]

Try to put some

breaks

in your wall of text so it's easier to read...

But I'm sure it'll be on PC as well, every GTA game before it has been.

Kornman00
April 27th, 2008, 01:49 PM
They don't advertise it very well that it will be for 360, and have extended features on that platform. A lot of people think they still need a PS3 to play it, giving sony a boost in platform sales :/

Boba
April 27th, 2008, 02:10 PM
Do any of you hard-core Grand Theft Auto fans know if the Blackhawk with the miniguns is the Hunter, or a new vehicle; they better have not turned my hunter into a lawndart with guns.

Hunter
April 27th, 2008, 04:05 PM
No Free Roam!?

Mr Buckshot
April 27th, 2008, 04:22 PM
I'm a fan of GTA too, but my favorite has always been GTA III because that's the most moddable. Just install the RealGTA3 mod to GTA III on the PC, and you'll have twice the fun.

I'm going to wait for GTA IV to come to PC rather than get it for either the 360 or the PS3, even though I have both systems. I've tried San Andreas on my neighbor's PS2, and I decided I preferred the PC controls instead. Plus, for some weird reason I'd much rather install user-created real-life car models than use the stock cars. In GTA San Andreas, I love installing Lamborghinis and BMWs, probably because I can't afford those in real life.

Also, free online multiplayer on the PC ftw. If any of you have PS3s, you can also have fun fragging online for no cost. The PS3 has proven that online stability for a console can be achieved without having to pay anything other than what's already charged to you for the Internet. However, I predict that a giant influx of GTA IV players will overwhelm the PSN and probably cause crashes for a bit, similar to how XBL went down when a lot of players flooded in.

Kornman00
April 27th, 2008, 04:38 PM
The player will not be able to fly any fixed-wing aircraft (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fixed-wing_aircraft).[29] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto_IV#cite_note-28)
There will be no jet-packs, bicycles, parachutes or tanks[38] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto_IV#cite_note-37)

T_T

Pooky
April 27th, 2008, 10:42 PM
Guess I'm not wasting my money on that then, flying planes and riding the bicycle were my favorite things in san andreas :U

Kornman00
April 28th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Guess I'm not wasting my money on that then, flying planes and riding the bicycle were my favorite things in san andreas :U
and I bet you $10 the sole reason they took out plane flying was due to LC being just like NYC and thus 9/11 :colbert:

ffs

Patrickssj6
April 28th, 2008, 11:30 AM
and I bet you $10 the sole reason they took out plane flying was due to LC being just like NYC and thus 9/11 :colbert:

ffs
lmao for real? I'm gonna eat a cock if that's true

Kornman00
April 28th, 2008, 11:58 AM
I can't wait for the game to arrive in the mail T_T

nooBBooze
April 28th, 2008, 12:28 PM

ffs
Selfcensorship is the only way fight Communism! :mad:

but srsly this makes no goddamn sense. its not like Gta would feature destrucible enviroments and crashing any plane against the skyscrapers in san andreas just looked plain crappy-even with the big commercial airliner.
and why would they cut the bikes? seriously

Kornman00
April 28th, 2008, 06:13 PM
to disguise their true reasoning for cutting skyscraper-jet-bombers planes? Seriously, I really don't want to fucking resort to traveling on foot as my only non-automotive travel :/

Xetsuei
April 28th, 2008, 07:54 PM
Maybe there will be Segways and wheel chairs?

Random
April 28th, 2008, 09:28 PM
Whats GTA?

:3

Boba
April 28th, 2008, 09:54 PM
and why would they cut the bikes? seriously
Bikes as in pedal bikes.

Pooky
April 28th, 2008, 11:00 PM

ffs

Wouldn't want those kiddies knowing flying a plane into a building isn't really enough to completely incinerate it but leave bodies intact :U

Llama Juice
April 28th, 2008, 11:21 PM
I has it.

Got it from blockbuster, came with a free framed picture thinger.... gunna go play it.

StankBacon
April 28th, 2008, 11:35 PM
online is pretty sweet, i suck at racing tho :'(

deathmatch rocks.

Llama Juice
April 29th, 2008, 12:06 AM
How the hell do you play online?

randreach454
April 29th, 2008, 12:06 AM
aye I've been playing for 2 weeks now, only shared it with my friend nearby.. So I wouldnt have people bugging me, nor spoil anything. Finally played Live today with my new gamertag(big M$ issue going on with me atm with my old one) Team Deathmatch ftw!!

Llama Juice
April 29th, 2008, 01:11 AM
Anyone else find the multiplayer menu incredibly horrible?

DaneO'Roo
April 29th, 2008, 02:04 AM
I guess Dole won't be playing GTA4.
"New York" and Russians

Kornman00
April 29th, 2008, 10:47 AM
I guess Dole won't be playing GTA4.

:lol:

Limited
April 29th, 2008, 11:36 AM
aye I've been playing for 2 weeks now, only shared it with my friend nearby.. So I wouldnt have people bugging me, nor spoil anything. Finally played Live today with my new gamertag(big M$ issue going on with me atm with my old one) Team Deathmatch ftw!!

Dont lie, you havent played it for 2 weeks, impossible. Leaks been out for a week, not 2, duh. Havent played it yet (fuck sake) mate ordered it from an internet outlet, backlog (even though he preordered) means we probably wont get it today, hopefully tomorrow though, fingers crossed

StankBacon
April 29th, 2008, 02:35 PM
Anyone else find the multiplayer menu incredibly horrible?

yah it sucks really hard, they could have a least made a proper menu.

oh well tho, it gets the job done.

Llama Juice
April 29th, 2008, 02:53 PM
I am really really hoping for a patch to fix that MP menu, sure it's "neat" but it's terrible. Have a real multiplayer part to the game, then you don't have to reload the SP every time you exit a match.... ffs

Pooky
April 29th, 2008, 03:24 PM
I am really really hoping for a patch to fix that MP menu, sure it's "neat" but it's terrible. Have a real multiplayer part to the game, then you don't have to reload the SP every time you exit a match.... ffs

They probably should have taken a hint from san andreas multiplayer and done something like that.

NullZero
April 29th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Apparently the multiplayer is setting up to look quite nice this time round. Oh, and that screenshot makes me want to buy it.

StankBacon
April 29th, 2008, 03:46 PM
I really don't want to fucking resort to traveling on foot as my only non-automotive travel :/

looking at the cheats you can spawn a heli, so im guessing you can fly it.

randreach454
April 29th, 2008, 03:53 PM
Dont lie, you havent played it for 2 weeks, impossible. Leaks been out for a week, not 2, duh. Havent played it yet (fuck sake) mate ordered it from an internet outlet, backlog (even though he preordered) means we probably wont get it today, hopefully tomorrow though, fingers crossed
Lie? I dont do "leaks" I fucking know people, and boy am I glad I fucking do.

Pooky
April 29th, 2008, 03:55 PM
Lie? I dont do "leaks" I fucking know people, and boy am I glad I fucking do.

Fuck! That's really fucking amazing! Tell me some fucking more, oh fucking kay?

Limited
April 29th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Lie? I dont do &quot;leaks&quot; I fucking know people, and boy am I glad I fucking do.

Hmm, looks like to me, you never said you dont lie. You know people? So what, so do I. Unless you work for Rockstar, which I doubt you do, you wouldnt get a copy. And even if you did work for Rockstar, you wouldnt openly admit you broke the number 1 rule of the games industry, especially as every member of Rockstar worked their asses off to get this game out, they wouldnt give any chance for information to be leaked by letting their friends play it. So, if your not lying, WHO did you sign the NDA with? And dont say "I cant say" you can because the game is now in public domain, therefore NDA's end.

randreach454
May 2nd, 2008, 09:44 AM
Sorry I was acting a bit irrational and idiotic before, my friend had died recently and I was freaking the fuck out, I explained it all to limited in a rep...

поистине эпичес
May 2nd, 2008, 12:39 PM
Sorry I was acting a bit irrational and idiotic before, my friend had died recently and I was freaking the fuck out
Please don't pull a Jay.

Kornman00
May 3rd, 2008, 06:43 PM
this game is pretty rockin' :awesome:

though I will miss not being able to fly around in a jet just for kicks, but judging from things, I'm guessing it was more of an engine constraint and a 9/11 ordeal reasoning for them being kept out.

Limited
May 3rd, 2008, 08:52 PM
Sorry I was acting a bit irrational and idiotic before, my friend had died recently and I was freaking the fuck out, I explained it all to limited in a rep...
Sorry to hear for you loss. I still find your explanation (for how you got it) highly doubtful.

They just wouldnt do it.

Kornman00
May 4th, 2008, 05:10 AM
The brakes take some getting used to, definitely not GTA3-style where you can slam on the brakes and stop within 3 seconds or so, even at max speed. Far from that. The e-brake is driving me nuts, I keep wanting to press it because I was playing SA all this week and the e-brake basically makes you do a 180 at any fucking speed @_@

Limited
May 9th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Holy fuck, played it today for 4 hours, time went so fast. Played the PS3 version, surprised it has less anti-aliasing than Xbox 360. My friend told me the wrong controls lol, so I just gave up and pressed X for brake (e brake I think), was R1 (L1 on xbox) normal brake?

Loved it, didnt do any missions, just shot people, had stand offs with the police in clunk'n bell, hospitals and on roofs near train tracks.

Definitly getting Xbox 360 soon to play it all the time lol..I got 5 months free, might as well play GTA right? :D